Mateba resumes production of the Unica 6

Mateba showed up at IWA out of the blue and had new manufacture with them. They've also updated their website and are listing the Unica 6, at 2000 euroshekels. New manufacture is confirmed in .44 magnum, other calibers are unknown. They're also currently producing the Grifone, and a few other Ghisoni-esque revolvers.

Some guy on cuckchan emailed them to ask about it and yes, they are coming to the US. They're in negotiations with dealers right now.

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/03/22/iwa-2018-mateba-still-making-6-unica/
mateba-italy.com/en/Revolvers/MATEBA-ITALIA/Auto-Revolver-mod-6Unica-cal-357-Mag-/
mateba-italy.com/en/Revolvers/MATEBA-ITALIA/Autorevolver-6Unica-Model-44-Mgnum-caliber-5-or-8-barrels-long/

Ready to drop 2 and a half grand so that you, too, can pretend to be Togusa or Deckard?

Attached: mateba website.png (842x645 110.74 KB, 112.44K)

If they put a stock on it and a long barrel you bet your ass I will be all over this shit.

Fuck yeah, lets hope they hit australia soon.

Attached: kommando9000.png (589x590, 731.64K)

Sent the sales guy a question as to auscunt availability. Fingers crossed for the rifle version if any.

FUCK YES

Attached: 20155f6b52dbbf9fc0e154e8733986e8577b7d44d2b1eb82c76adc6001ebc173.gif (284x346 1.54 MB, 852.3K)

What are the laws dor handguns in Australia?

Handguns require a whole bunch of retarded stuff like minimum participation in competitions PER HANDGUN.

Revolver rifles don't need anything except your standard assfuck rifle license.

Oh fuck yea bud

Attached: f2724f0cbe12fbcd267347431b39bf2ca657b08285779fef0cf49eeebe2e5306.jpg (900x900, 96.73K)

>Planning on dropping $2k+ on a new computer to run Revit/Video games
>Car needs body work before rust starts to spread(might be up to $2k)
>Still need $2k for spooky black gun if salt weapon ban passes
This will stay on the market for years… Right?
Did they fix the problems with the .44, like the gun being too hard on the wood grips?

That's what the Grifone is. It's the Unica 6 in rifle format. You could do a conversion kit and swap back and forth, but that would probably involve tax stamps based on what it was manufactured as. Might be able to get away with an SBR tax stamp no matter what, but I dunno - but that's US laws, I don't know what you poor bastards would have to go through for something that can be a revolving rifle or a handgun.

Unknown to both. I'm going to drop my notions of an AK purchase and save like mad for when it does come out. If it's not stateside in 6 months I might buy a WASR, but I intend to keep a $2500 reserve so I can buy immediately when they hit, regardless of caliber.

I hope so, I have to drop a minimum of 1.5k on my car because there's so many problems with it and I don't make shit because I'm only part time.

Attached: 10e326abecc24d66a805f4fb652a662a807b611515451ba4100835eee1d9cb22.png (771x1362, 1.62M)

All they would need to do is give it the wood stock and NOT drill the gas port and it'd be australia legal.

Attached: dong.jpg (474x597, 46.98K)

This gun was my first Zig Forums meme, back in 2005. It was a demotivational with its name and said to never ask about it again. Apparently it was used in a popular anime at the time and weebs kept showing up to ask about it. So this is kind of nostalgic, in a strange way.

This is kinda cool, but when are they going to build the fun guns from Ghost in the Shell?

Attached: Ghost in the Shell saito sniper.jpg (320x180, 21.49K)

How much is that in Ameribux? This is relevant to my interests. Can I get a customized grip for it?

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. It's very good even if you don't like anime and are therefore a huge faggot who likes western slags instead of pure waifus.

I just jizzed in me pants.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'd rather get one with an 8'' barrel and make a folding stock to backpack with it. The price is reasonable if it works, I hope they are willing to export.

You get some decent results out out 16-20 inch carbines, obv higher for the 20 inch, 2000 fps for a 125gr slug is easily doable in 20" with 19gr w296 equivalent.
Elmer keith's 358429 in it's last rendition by arsenal is much better though, I am the same autist who wrote the posts about pcc advantages too

So you be saying this chart is wrong? smh fam
Just kidding, but I really never saw any thorough analysis on .357, only stats from manufacturers and some chronograph results from random internet people.
I'm skeptical about getting much past the 18 inches mark though.

On a side-note, I read
Instead of "pcc advantages" and giggled like a retard.

Attached: 357mag.png (1017x526, 107.45K)

Sorry for my ignorance, but makes it that special?

wait are you niggers saying this thing has a 16" barrel and slings 357?
I never knew I needed this machine until now.

There is an 18 inches version with a stock . Apparently it also went back into production along with the standard Unica 6.

Funny enough, the gun Togusa uses in SAC isn't a Unica, it's a 2006M.

And .44 magnum, and .454 Casull, although I don't know which ones are going back into production.

its a self-cocking ("automatic") revolver

If .454 goes into production and hits here in the grifone I will shitpost about it endlessly.

What's it going to take to get them to make an autorevolver rifle in a proper rifle caliber with at least 8-10 shots per reload? Mateba is apparently entering the rifle market, but the Grifone is basically a revolving PCC.

Huh

Attached: 5cdce858d945c829f70b0bef67a35cde56c5a070075efc23a3f5f39adbf69241.jpg (321x322, 24.51K)

My dick diamonds, I never thought I'd be able to own one for less than $6k.
I'll be putting my student loans to good use.

(checked)
What about .357?

How much for orginal?

Fuck I want this, but that price tag hurts my wallet.

So when will Sphinx 3000 pistol manufacturing restart then?

Originals, which will be used, tend to go for upwards of $4k. Status of the .357 is unknown as far as I know, but it's listed on the website.

Fuck yes! There really are no words for how happy I am about this.

Attached: serveimage.jpeg (500x275, 38.29K)

I was just thinking how awesome it would be to have a Mateba-like shotgun 🤔.
Maybe 16 gauge to keep a reasonable cylender size/ammo capacity. A shame that the bullpup shotgun revolver never made it out of shotshow-hyped-product stage. It seemed like a sound concept.

Might be a bit of an issue with how the gun cycles. Long recoil has been done in shotguns since they started loading themselves so it may be possible.
Just a lot of mass for the guide rails. And unless you can see through the wheel or somehow spin the whole operating system upside down, you will have a serious height over bore issue with the sites.

I am very, very tempted to buy one.
I can't really afford it.
But, I really want to get one, so I think I'll take the loss.

Which kind should I get?
44, or 357? 357 seems a load cheaper.

Of course I wouldn't connect the barrel to the 6 o'clock position, the bore-over-sight would be huge. I meant the auto loading part of the mateba.
A cylinder would be a good way to keep the overall length short without sacrifying too much ammo capacity or going mag fed. Since shotgun shells are -relatively- low pressure, it should be possible to cut down weight on the cylinder.

Japanon, is it even possible to get a Mateba legally in japan?

Both are wonderful cartridges. I mean if you're a handloader they can be loaded for dirt cheap. Some ausfriend here had a load for .44mag that was 10c a round.

That'd be .357, which is a 158 gr pill sitting on top of 3gr AS30 (clays). Cheapest cast lead load I can make worth a shit is a 240gr pill on top of 12gr AP100 for 20c.

I need to proof read

Don't you have some dicks to suck?

Attached: 12b.jpg (568x548, 23.57K)

I'm Argie, we can import (it is a chore, but it is possible). I can also add stocks to anything without any paper work, all legal.
If I were to get the long barrel, it should be as an aftermarket part, then I can add the stock on my own (probably get one made). I'd love a shorter one though, 18 inches is simple not practical for innawooding+plinking. The final price for me (after shipping, paper work and taxes) would be around 5000-6000 ameribucks.

Also, .44 is border line unobtainable and crazy expensive, only .357 would be ok (thanks to local fudds keeping the round relevant with their shitty revolvers). For what I understand, it can fire .38 special reliably with a simple change of recoil spring, another nice bonus to caliber.

I can't afford handloading, but 44 is some 50c a round, it looked like. Expensive.

God fucking dammit! When does your training in Japan end, so we can finally tell you from the legitimate Jap?

Such is life. There are the hand lee loaders for those who can't afford the press and such.

After conversion I'm about 5c off.

Yes,please buy italian products

Attached: 916414.jpg (1024x665, 135.08K)

Two more weeks
They might send me elsewhere next year, could be Texas or Japan again (If the latter, it would be for 1 year).

Is that an Italian nose? :^)

Then I'll probably lament the fact that I can't tell the Japargie from the other argie(s). :^)

100% Roman nose. You can trust me barbar..i mean fellow citizen.

Let's be honest, here. Romans are the real jews.

Lee loaders in 44 mag will set you back 40 burgers for an all in one kit. You can afford it, you are just a lazy faggot.

That's nice

Attached: smile.png (360x322, 127.79K)

Attached: fagget is y.png (470x186, 94.77K)

When will the Sphinx 3000 pistols be manufactured again?

Haven't heard of Lee loaders until now. Might have to look in to it.

So what's your opinion, then?
44, or 357?

If you're just going to own one wheelgun, 44 mag. You can do everything .357 mag can do and more- consider that the low end of 44 mag is a 180gr bullet from a 16 inch bbl at 2100fps, versus a 170gr hard-cast keith bullet snapping out at 1500fps for a hot load. .357's chief advantage versus 44 mag is that it has the ability to use exactly fuck-all powder (3 grains of the fastest shotgun powder you can get your hands on is a MAXIMUM LOAD for .38spcl under a 158gr bullet) so that it's cheap af to feed, 10c as I said excluding if you value your labour at minimum wage including casting time per round.

10c a round is very tempting, honestly. But, then, if I'm spending that much on a pistol, I might as well not be a massive cheapskate about feeding it.
Especially when I don't shoot that often, overall.

How much more we really talking, generally speaking, with 44?
Looking online, cheapest price-per-round for it I found was some 50c a round. Whereas, 357 is closer to 30, with 38spcl lower than that.
This is more or less my issue, at the moment, with deciding.
357 seems to be half the cost to feed.

>Car needs body work before rust starts to spread(might be up to $2k)
Just take a grinder and remove the rust yourself, then weld on replacement steel and cover it with proper paint. As long as you do it properly and you already have the tools (you can rent a welder IIRC) you can save a couple hundred Dingo-Dollars.

I feel your pain. Living in bumfuck-nowhere and having no money to fix your car is basically a death sentence. You should always try to save some money for eventual repairs.

Mate, Italian guns have a long history of being sexy.

Unless you're planning to face off against some large animals with your revolver, the .357 is cheaper to feed and more convenient as a carry gun.

As mentioned before, I can give some pretty decent rounds for 20c for 44 mag, 1600fps for 240gr. 25-30c per round and I make full house 240gr SWC loads that would fuck up anything not from africa, 24gr AR2205/Lil gun.

In both calibers, this depends on you picking up bullet casting and getting good at it. Fortunately, wheelgats are the best kind of gun for this, as they are extremely forgiving provided you pay attention.

@569262

Attached: (You) got what you wanted.png (1190x906, 178.45K)

Shameful waste of dubs.

Attached: brain damage.jpg (600x604, 49.86K)

No thank you

Then don't reply at all you tard, just man up and ignore the post completely. Getting baited into replying then being too much of a beta to actually follow through is worse than just being baited.

You should never ever put yourself into dire financial circumstances to buy a firearm, not even your raifu.

Attached: angry albedo.jpg (945x531, 37.25K)

how the fuck did i miss this
where the fuck is it tell me now
>mfw its probably over 3000

It's $5795 for the basic model and it only goes up from there.
Which is ludicrous, but there's only two of the originals known to exist so he can charge whatever the fuck he wants.

Attached: 45_Luger_1907_After_2K_Ammo_1.jpg (903x1050, 100K)

Ian and Karl shilled for it, for the WW1 and .45.
But still looks good, too bad it appears that the .45 ones are "limited editions".

Attached: 7ef2a436bc536f82d91c5e3b7feab128a8fb45c7250d000eed0b3e11e6f7405f.png (300x326, 29.83K)

GIVE IT TO ME MATEBA

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (400x400, 108.54K)

I literally have no knowledge about welding or painting a car. If anything doing it myself would destroy the value of my vehicle, likely more so than the rust spreading would.

It just means that I might miss out on this, or end up buying a used one for what would likely be a higher price if these fail.

Attached: 1436126621014.jpg (640x480, 40.83K)

So, how long until these hit the market, anyway?
Gotta know when to sell my shit.

Call me optimistic or even naive, but I think it will be popular enough to get more production runs and come down in price.

Definitely naive.
There's no real demand for an auto-revolver. Gimmicks are its only selling point, as wheelguns in general are a pretty niche market.
It's not really got enough media portrayal to catch most folk's eye. Unfortunately, people who don't have a heavy interest in guns aren't likely to care about it, which means the potential sales are rather limited.

Most of the problem is that it's a part time job which means I don't make more than a 1000 dollars a month, and I live with people who refuse to manage money worth a shit.

So aside from it being unique, what does it have to it? It doesn't seem like a firearm you'd want for any other reason other than bragging and/or meme rights.

VICTORY
AVE NEX ALEA

Attached: 00766577.jpg (780x1176, 178.84K)

It removes and comfy.

Attached: 1431569960002.jpg (240x180, 19.45K)

>>>/cyber/39684

I just wandered onto that board and saw this design for an integrally suppressed striker-fired revolver. Makes me wish Mateba would make it for real. Maybe some streloks should make it.

They're exceptionally pleasant to shoot.

I see you are also a man of culture.

That revolver reminds me of this weird KGB toy, the OST-38. It flattens the end of the cartridge to prevent excess gas from escaping, and is absurdly quiet. Unless you really know what you're looking at, ballistics will look like 7.62x39 fired from a very long distance.

Attached: ost-38.jpg (736x541, 39.96K)

Why does it look like it has 2 barrels tho?

That is aesthetic as fuck, I actually want one of those more than I want a Mateba

I did a translation and detailed explanation how the silenced cartridges work but lost it two computers ago. Basically they have a pseudo-necking, and there's a piston inside the casing. This piston is free to move backward to the primer and forward up to the necking, but is stopped from moving out of the casing by the necking. The projectile is very long, usually mild steel core with lead sheath, and fills the entire casing pushing the piston down to the primer. There is very little powder between the primer and piston. When the primer detonates the powder, the piston moves rapidly in the casing and is stopped by the pseudo-necking, but not before ejecting the long plug-like projectile.

It's very effective.

In perfect darkness the laser sight lets you aim from the hip without using the sights, and there is no flash upon firing. The only sound is the piston being stopped by the pseudo-necking, and it sounds like a metal buckle being unfastened, very quiet.

It's the perfect assassination weapon.

Attached: 529663b4a6afb06ef2a4da048df2f3596f67f0f2942e61dfe4860eeb1721a04e.jpg (1348x766, 247.13K)

I'm guessing the catch is they aren't made anymore?

they are, you arent gonna get one though
you live in the us, make em yourself

They're still in use by Russki special forces, so you can't exactly buy one. According to Kikepedia some stateside company modified Smith and Wesson Model 29s to work in the same way so you could probably make one yourself, as well as the ammo if you have enough money and autism.

They've been replaced by the PSS silent pistol. It's a bit louder because of the moving slide, but still quite silent. Notice the racking of the slide at 0:19 and compare with sound of firing the gun, it's the same.

OTs-38 are no longer produced but some are still kept in service because there is a supply of ammunition ready, and because the revolver doesn't leave behind any casings.

Pretty sure we can't buy it in America, considering all the sanctions and import bans.

Isn't that just a pressure switch for the laser sight?

I was going to say, it has a wire coming out of it and everything.