Got bored, so I made a flail Zig Forums

How effective would you say a flail with a 2 and a half pound steel cube head would fare versus someone with a knife or a bat?

pics related

Attached: bmnxx2g.jpg (3024x4032 266.64 KB, 555.31K)

You are better off just hitting them with the stick end of it.

This is the second time i've seen studs used as a way to improve gripping surface and it looks just as uncomfortable as the last time. If you're going to improve it's handling you may as well bind some leather with cord at the base with a lanyard to keep it from flying from you. Not to say that you should actually use this. You should probably put it away before you damage property, or people.

ill probably end up having fun with it on a garbage bin and then just cut it up with a torch and be done with it in all honesty, but it has some heft to it though. And the studs are actually not that bad

Gay
What sort of retarded faggot are you?
[retarded faggotry intensifies]
I know that it looks kinda cool, but unless you're a docker wearing protective gloves you're going to tear up your palms if you actually use this for more than photoshoots and some light fucking around. Actual medieval weapons used leather straps for a reason. Other than that though, nice build mate. If you're making a two handed flail for your next project there's a fair amount of design paperwork out there.

Attached: Arte De Athletica, flail.jpg (1086x742, 529.88K)

The head is literally just layered steel from a MIG welder on a miniature X-block frame which is then just tacked half a chain link on top, nothing special

But I do swing it one handed, but just holding it idle it actually makes your arm tired after a while, But I have not made a shield yet, I should probably make one and throw it up here

Fair enough, if you're planning a shield then a Heater shield would be most sensible and historically accurate, but a Hoplon or Kite shield might be a better idea if you've got the upper body strength for it. A 'war door' design would be much easier to make, it wouldn't require you to shape/mould the wood and you can use thicker plank as a result (it's also just kinda fun to say). What sort of heraldry were you planning on using?

unsure of what heraldry id put for a logo, for all I care id just put a shit tier skull painting with two dongs crisscrossed behind it with the tips coming out of its eyes for shits and giggles

what would be the advantage and disadvantage between the shield designs if I do make one?

The one handed flail is not a real weapon and it was never used in warfare. Two handed flails were used as improvised weapons in peasant revolts and riots but if you're carrying around something that big you're better off with a polearm.

The variables to consider with each of the various designs are weight, cost, area, and complexity. The bigger the shield is the more of you it will cover at any one time, but the heavier and pricier it will be (the weight also makes it slower, potentially giving your opponent an opening). A Kite-shield is one of the better compromises, particularly if you're using modern wood, it's also a decent balance between being large enough to give you good coverage but not large enough to get in the way (once you're used to it). 4 or so layers of ply wood glued together (aim for a minimum thickness of 11mm) should do the trick, cover the edges with decently thick leather, and the face with glue-soaked canvas (about as resilient and easier to paint), leather straps bolted to the back for your grip and forearm brace. If you're unsure of the heraldry then a Smug Pepe above crossed Dragon Dildos could be fun.

True, but people seem to like them, and there are a few cases of them being used for sport fighting.

Attached: Shield types.png (197x256, 7.77K)

thanks for the laugh.

you're better off making a morning star or any other type of mace if you don't know how to use it, otherwise that's not half bad and should do well enough against any basketball americans or injuns that you might come across.
honest question: is self-defense even legal in leafland?

Attached: p11a4v1GUd1rzs9axo5.png (255x255, 48.32K)

Attached: monkey fight.png (618x468, 493.76K)

Attached: DZeygexUMAAoDEt.jpg (224x225, 7.73K)

Should've gone to the gym instead.

t. can't handle the bants

Attached: 71fda80c37413f6d401dd075484c69f46047e2456429447ea60be2ae5fc28dbe.png (657x527, 23.52K)

Goddamnit leaf, if you're going to commit to that lumberjack look then work to it.
If you don't, then you'll look like those SanFran hipsters that your big bro has.

I concur, that's why you see maces or warhammers instead of flails and chained bowling balls.

Alright, alright, Ill start using those 20 pound dumbbells. It'd probably do me good anyways seeing how my arms are often tired when I gotta hold the whip end of a arc welder in a set position for long periods of time anyways.

I have thought of making a flanged mace however, and I could even put some real days work into it instead of some 2 hour hack job because I was bored and even pretty it up good and sturdy

Make a video of you smashing some shit with it, strelok!

stop being faggots ok

Attached: 1427273680781.gif (352x207, 417.91K)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (540x390, 295.37K)

Attached: 1991_Captain_Haddock.jpg (210x240, 14.38K)

Attached: something_lewd.png (359x352, 48.7K)