Surp hauls and stories

Oi cunts

So i got my hands on a "good condition" M48 recently from Vance Outdoors in Ohio.After a little tung oil and mineral spirits, it was good to go, so I got myself some PPU and hit the range.

These things are righteous. Dead-accurate, looks neat and kicks like a mule. Enjoyed it immensely and have giant bruise on my collarbone from the steel buttplate. No regrets.

Share your recent surp acquisitions and stories.

Attached: IMG_8988.jpg (5184x2912, 2.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ammunitionstore.com/products/9x18-makarov-ammo-94gr-fmj-wolf-polyformance-1000-round-case.html
ammunitionstore.com/products/9x18-makarov-ammo-92gr-fmj-wolf-lve-russia-1500-round-case.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're shooting wrong. Brace it into the pocket of your shoulder correctly and you won't have bruises. You also will be more accurate

Attached: A-10 Warthog Gatling Gun Test.mp4 (1280x720, 11.13M)

It's an M48, bruises are a possibility even with perfect technique.

I realized that soon after, I was mostly doing it for the sight picture.

It's like you don't want to have the prettiest gun at the range. My SKS practically glows and I only applied BLO once after going over it with a scotch pad.

My SKS is very glossy and shiny with its nearly-orange Norinco stock. I wanted a more traditional look for this rifle.

Eschew convenience for higher aesthetic value. Applying raw oil isn't as bad as some people make it sound; it just takes time.

Keep your elbow at 90 degrees and don't shoot it from a bench and you will be fine. If you keep it at 90 you will find a perfect pocket to rest it on the inside of your shoulder blade

Attached: a00072f01[1].jpg (650x439, 35.29K)

I've got an M24/47 myself. They really are sweet, high quality little carbines.

Is there any marginal different between the Makarov and the Radom P64 to warrant one over the other? From what I can tell the Makarov is better out of the box, the P64 needs minor trigger work, and Makarov mags seem to be everywhere. As a third option, is there any other milsurp pistol in this price range (under 350 shekels) that would be a better option? I basically want something I can plink around with, and maybe CC in the future.

Can anyone tell me how Canadian law is to buy firearms? What stops someone from bringing over SVT-40s and SKSs?
SKSs are now 350-500 dollars wtf

Your average strelok is too much of a pussy to become a weapons smuggler.

You can theoretically do it, but there's a fuck ton of red tape and months of paperwork involved. You can not (legally) waltz across the border and bring a gun back. Crossing the border with a gun won't be difficult, it's acquiring one in Canada that's hard. You need a PAL to buy the rifles you speak of. You'd have to find access to illicit weapons in Canada and bring them back, and it's going to be more cost and hassle than just buying the gun legally in the US.

The Makarov is historically more significant and the P64 is essentially a fake Makarov that’s less fun to shoot. They both shoot ammo that isn’t super-easy to find nor does it perform really well.

Aimsurplus has Italian 92s and 85s for less than a Makarov as well as 9mm Star BMs.

I own a Bulgarian Mak, and while I definitely think it’s a cool gun. It’s definitely a meme gun. People ok here use to get them for a first gun because they were all dirt cheap. Now you have other former LEO/surp guns in the same price range.

The P-64 is a Walther PPK copy using a better round. Harsh recoil and shitty grips on top of a stock ~20lb DA trigger pull with probably the most smooth single action trigger on a gun let down mostly by a crap slide-mounted safety that doubles as a decocker. It's a good CC pistol if only because of its small size and consistent trigger pull, as well as a good track record for cycling defensive 9x18 ammunition. The sights are crapthough it has milled patterning along the slide to prevent glare if you do try to aim but for point/reflex shooting it won't matter so much. Makarov magazines could theoretically be modified to fit, but the jump from 6 to 8 rounds will leave you without grip space and the magazine release, being at the heel and beneath the edge of the grips, would be even harder to reach.
Get one if you need something really really small but can't currently spring for a modern polymer pistol such as an M&P or Glock.

The standard Makarov just works, there's nothing to say that hasn't been said and you'll feel gay as fuck for using a gun that has dick grips. Only get a legitimate Makarov for serious use if it's the only thing you can find for that price and cannot get a proper gun of the same size shipped to you through an FFL.

SKS for $350 isn't too bad tbh. Super-overbuilt and tough milsurp that will last forever? I'd get it and clean it up at that price. Surp ain't never gonna go back to what it was. Get it now or never again.

Honestly the only reason to get a mak or similar surplus compact pistol is collector value. The SCCY CPX line does everything a mak does for the same price and with ubiquitous ammo

I got my hands on an M1 Carbine that had its barrel reparkerized and the wooden heatshield replaced with a Choate metal one by the original owner since apparently it broke at some point while in their possession. It's a GI pattern, Underwood stamping on the barrel. Since the heatshield isn't original anyways I ordered an Ultimak rail and slapped it on in place of the Choate, and I'm waiting on a RDS to be delivered this afternoon. Aside from the heatshield though, the rest of the gun at least resembles original specs and isn't bubba'd to hell and back. It'll make a decent range and HD gun, maybe even SHTF since I live in terrain where the average line of sight isn't going to be more than 200 yds. I'll post pics once I get the RDS on.

I'm sick of this meme

With everyone stockpiling tens of thousands of bullets, the definition of finding enough rounds has gone way the fuck up.

I know how to hold a rifle, still got hurt a few times with big game rifles. Also had a modified M98 back when I was a kid and it does kick quite a lot, I don't think enough to bruise but some people bruise easily.

Dude I went to Cabela’s this weekend and the only 9x18 they had was like 2 boxes of PPU brass for $20 each. They didn’t even have the steel shit, and even that’s more expensive than 9x19. 9x18 is a meme round. A cool one, but nothing more.

Is PPU low quality?

It's not the most accurate ammo, but you shouldn't expect any catastrophic failures.

Do you hate money?

Just buy it online then, you can find it for like $10 a box

Pick one and only one.

If you shop at such places, you will always pay retail. Even if they get something cheap, they have the warehouses and storage space to sit on product forever at high price until someone buys it.

Smaller shops don't have storage space. If they get ahold of something cheap, they have to get rid of it quickly, which means cheap bulk prices.

There are places you can get a decent price for a halfway strange rounds, ex:
ammunitionstore.com/products/9x18-makarov-ammo-94gr-fmj-wolf-polyformance-1000-round-case.html
ammunitionstore.com/products/9x18-makarov-ammo-92gr-fmj-wolf-lve-russia-1500-round-case.html

They make some of the best east bloc ammo, and provide some of the only new ammo produced for odd types…. but they also have shittier product lines which always seem to make their way to America. I don't think they like us much.

In brick and mortar stores, I should say

Also, use ammoseek.com and gunbot if you're buying in bulk, it's the easiest way to find stuff in bulk.

Cabela's online actually has good ammo sales pretty regularly, and has insane ones if you grab the 20% off gift cards Mr GunsnGear posts: Last month I got PPU brass 5.56 for 25 cents a round after Florida sales tax and only needed 50 bucks worth for free shipping. I'd never buy any from them at a physical location though and most of their deals are on NATO calibers+22 LR.

No, I love PPU, I’m illustrating that 9x18 is not that available.

Prvi has been making ammo for almost 100 years. They're reliable and good to go, I wouldn't (and don't) hesitate to put Prvi through any of my guns. They're also an invaluable friend to gun owners, as they are the only company who consistently runs new production batches of oddball, obsolescent, and obsolete cartridges.

Alright, I should be good then. Thanks for the input.

I too have one of these, very fun. Still can't find plentiful ammo for it.

Don't worry about keeping up with the Joneses and buy based on your shooting habits. I've got meme rounds I might shoot a dozen of a year, stockpiling thousands of that would be retarded. I've met people who took out mortgages to panic buy .22lr. That's absolutely fucking retarded. I met a guy once who bought powder by the 55 gallon drum as government surplus decades ago. He had dozens of drums and hundreds of thousands of projectiles and the .30-06 brass to match yet still purchased and stockpiled as much factory and surplus .30-06 as he could. A boomer fudd with more ammo than he could run through his Garand in a lifetime and he was still obsessed over having "enough". Ammunition is a means to an end; it is not the end.

"Enough" is more than you have, but less than too much.

And that might be too much.

As promised in , here's some pictures of both the M1 carbine in question as well as of my other milsurp, a 1898 Krag-Jorgensen rifle. Unlike the carbine, the Krag is in full original condition and even came with a bayonet and sheath for it. Sorry if some of the pictures are potato-quality.

Attached: M1 Carbine.png (1920x844 1.77 MB, 3.34M)

Just buy online, its how I feed my surplus that doesn't need handloads.

Maybe it’s that the first gun I owned was a mosin (and my second a K98) but I have never understood how people think these guns “kick like a mule” I used to shoot my mosin until the cosmoline ran out of the stock from the heat, and never bruised or got too sore. My K98 isn’t any different for me.

People not properly holding a rifle will often complain about recoil, even "professional" or "expert" shooters.

I really want to get one of those Mexican Mauser carbines, as well as an fr8.

The stuff in the Ukraine was fun while it lasted, you could pick up a bunch Mk6 nylon helmets for £10 and sell them to Ukranians for £40. Shame most of that's over now.

The Krag is the most aesthetic rifle the US military ever issued in my opinion. It's just beautiful.

I agree, especially that side mounted magazine. Some find it a little bulky, but I think it's pretty neat.

that's bold talk coming from a fellow canuck.
then again, shtf and "apocalypse" in the sense of ultra-violent combat scenarios is an angsty teenage power fantasy, so I'm not surprised.

So kiking kikes? Nice

I'm wating for when the CMP gets M14s released cause of the US armed forces planning to phase em out

Once a machinegun, always a machinegun.

Your opinion is correct. It's just a shame that 30-40 Krag is such a thoroughly obsolete cartridge.

Cut a receiver not a gun no more. But I honestly wouldn't reweld a M1/M14 receiver.

City negro detected.

True, but the CMP wouldn't be doing them, they'd have to be sold off as parts kits. Captain crunch will end up with them, tragically.

I am the Zig Forumsraut who recently made a thread about turning my M24/47 into a scout with a picatinny rail that is attached by removing the flip-up scope at the "nose" of the rifle.

the issue is I didn't take the added height through the rail and scope into consideration, now I can't see shit if I lay my cheek onto the wooden cheekpad.

Common sense suggests putting one of these ammopouches on the stock to elevate my resting cheekposition, yet it has to be an retardedly big pouch and I don't want to miss the feel of pleasent, cold wood on my cheek when I aim hence I thought about modyfing the stock myself.

have to doublecheck if this is legal in Germanistan though, gunlaw here is "delicate"

Attached: foto_no_exif.jpg (3264x1840, 1.22M)

this thread has been hijacked and is now a Milsurp & Modification thread

hit me up

Attached: legal.png (1601x50, 8.79K)

Nothing wrong with having a cheek riser on your rifle, or you can do as people do with scopes mounted on an AR carry handle and have a chin weld.

Attached: riser.jpg (1024x742, 132.13K)

something like this was my first thought aswell until I realized it would have to look like pic related.
Considering to totally botch my stock for this by sawing into it and adding an adjustable stockrail

Thanks for setting me up with the mountdealer and reassuring me with my purchase on the scope, both of them were worth it.

Attached: 66694197bee5dfc8a707ef47025c220fdbf04f1a02adfd23e7044f4106782af3.jpg (255x185, 10.89K)

At that point I'd wrap the stock with muslin.

I just googled it and I don't understand how and why I should add special cloth to it and not use leather or else

I am in a caloric deficit and was at work/gym all day so I might be a little slow rightnow

Attached: questionfox.png (634x416, 37.85K)

If you need that much rise I'd cover the stock up in something real nice like that.

If you can get lower rings that fit it would help a little.

the star bm is a sub compact 1911ish gun from Spain in 9mm for 200$ I would get it over the makarov if you don't have a thing for slav shit. You could get a Bernetta 92 for 300.

Whats the cheapest surplus rifle I can buy? I seen spanish mauser were 200$ a bit ago is there anything like that now or is everything dried up?