AK THREAD

I got the stock on my ak, r8. Yes, i did make the stock thread.

Attached: IMAG0774 - Copy.jpg (1836x3264 1.05 MB, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30802
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How did you break the laminate one?

When i got it I decided to jam it in with a mallet, it did not fit and was very, very tight, so tight that it didn't even go in all the way. I had to take drastic measure to remove it when i decided a folding stock would look better.

Where can I get a good AK these days? Which sellers should I avoid? Why is the AK market such a mess? I'm sure these questions have been answered here before but if some kind strelok could help me compile info on this I'm down to make an infographic.

Attached: dog with autism.jpg (540x406, 30.95K)

Careful not to shoot yourself, you seem the type to do it by accident while brushing your teeth.

US-made AKs are trash unless it's a once-a-month shooter.
WASR-10s are still fine, but people are demanding a premium for them now after spending the last decade shitting all over them.
Generic Romanian imports done by Century/Atlantic are fine.
Arsenal has gone to shit, used to be creme of the crop and now downgraded to "it won't blow up so it's okay" status.
Basically stay away from anything that uses US-made innards, especially the bolt.

Isn't Arsenal pretty much the only place to get a decent 74 though?

It is without building your own like a lot of people are starting to do.

Bought a Bakelite mag off a Russian ebay seller. He listed it as an "Airsoft Replica" chambered in 7.62x39, the sly fucker. Only 30 shekels and less than 10 left, so I grabbed it. Anyone know if the recipe for Bakelite is floating around somewhere? I'd be willing to invest time and money into bringing production back, seems like there'd be a market.

It was the first aftermarket stock I bought, and my first ak. Plus I was 15 at the time. pls no bully.

Bakelite is a thermoset plastic, a largely obsolete one at that, but I'll humor your inability to use a search engine.
http:// chemed.chem.purdue.edu/demos/main_pages/25.6.html

Would you be able to provide advice for a builder? I would assume Izmash parts kits are the highest quality, but are any other options good? Will any receiver on the market do or should I be on the lookout for a specific type?

I appreciate the non-snobby portion of your answer, dickhead, thanks for the link.

Attached: YAMETE.jpeg (600x600, 21.69K)

From some searches it seems there are still a lot of indians still compression moulding powdered bakelite. It could be done if you could source the bakelite, equipment and have custom dies made. I really doubt there is a market but it could be done.

Attached: hurts just a little bit.png (500x787, 96.39K)

Don't listen to this absolute faggot he's just riding the hate train over the fact that they gave some dumb polack on YouTube a RAS 47 like 3 years ago and it didn't hold up to his standards, which were to treat the rifle as if you were sum dumb Russian farmer from Bumfuck, Oblast. I bought my RAS 47 in January of this year and have ran 4000 rounds through it to this day and nothing has gone wrong. I've even checked the head spacing and there ain't a damn thing wrong with it. Century has stepped up their quality control since then, and there is nothing wrong with American made AKs.

You knock the heel of the stock on a padded surface, flip over and knock other side on same surface, repeat multiple times to slowly wiggle the stock out of the receiver.

Lmao worst b8, top cope

I don't think you understand how I got it in there. It was not coming out with a few hundred whacks.

Bumpan one more time. If not parts kits, can anyone recommend a "custom" shop to put one together for me, since Arsenal a shit?

OP here, if you buy a parts kit and everything I can stick it together.

Much obliged famalam. Not looking to buy right this minute as I just made a different purchase, but if this thread is still up when I've got the parts and the cash together I'll give you a bump.

In any case, some of the parts I want aren't in stock.

What's the run-down on parts kit quality, by country? I can get an Izhmash kit without a barrel, but there's also the option of a Polish Tantal that's a hundred shekels cheaper, and comes with the barrel installed and pre-headspaced. Are Izhmash kits that much better or is that just a meme?

Also, regarding barrels: I assume surplus is generally better than US-made, but can anyone shed light on the quality of this: ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30802
Faxon makes AK-74 barrels, and I tend to trust their quality, but the gas port isn't drilled, and as they're already nitrided I imagine drilling through the treatment is going to tear the hell out of any drill bit one cares to use.