Also buying an AK next

Soooo, I know the day your firing pin is poking out the magwell through the bolt, is not a good day.
But that's about it.
Simultaneously sending a mail to my gunsmith, but I figured I'd also ask you guys for opinions.
On a scale from shit to fuck, how bad is it, doc?

Bonus question: what the fuck are those two tiny pieces? they obviously snapped from something but I can't figure out what.

Attached: IMG_20180415_194552.jpg (480x640 220.54 KB, 225.53K)

Firing pin retaining pin maybe? Give a closeup of the bolt carrier, bolt + face and broken parts.

Can you make the pictures smaller? I can still see it's an AR

Definitely looks like what a broken firing pin retainer would look like if it was broken.

If it's just that it will cost more on shipping than parts and I will be a happy man.

Just move away from the screen silly

Attached: IMG_20180415_203356.jpg (640x480 216.65 KB, 214.52K)

If everything is in tact I'd just get a new bolt/carrier and call it a day.

Easy fix, just do and you're set. NIBx is pretty cheap these days too.

Agree with the Canuck and cykablyat, at this point replacing the BCG is the best way to fix this Your choice between nitride and NiB though. NiB is slightly better but nitride gets you way more bang for your buck. However, be sure to contact your gunsmith anyway and tell us what he says, because I'm morbidly curious as to what the fuck happened here.

It definitely looks like retaining pin died and snapped, and the firing pin just fucked off and got stuck.

I'l see about changing the whole BCG, That's a lot of bucks but I'm worried that one of the factor might have been overheating, as I've been running 4 mags straight into a 12.5inch supressed, so heat gas and particles are definitely a concern.

Will keep updated.

How much are BCGs over in baguetteland assuming no proxy? You can get a pretty good nitrided one over her for a mere 90 dollaridoos.

200-300€, 500 for the tactical milspec operator titanium ones.

For comparison, The ar was 2k5, a FAL or an AK would be 900.

Sheeeit, sorry to hear that friend. Any updates to be had?

Apparently the firing pin retainer got the memo about 5.56 fragmentation mixed up and the BCG attempted to use the firing pin as an additional bullet.

BCG is otherwise intact and Gunsmith I bought it at send me replacement parts through the mail first thing monday morning, so things should end well and cost me nothing.

Currently waiting for it to reassemble and test it this week-end.

So the firing pin started to slip forward out of the bolt and somehow wound up partially in the chamber?

Maybe it's just the photos, but your bolt, carrier and firing pin look absolutely filthy. How often do you clean them, and could that have been a factor in whatever happened?

AR15's can run absolutely filthy, as long as they have oil. OP's problem is probably getting a no-name bolt carrier group that had something out of tolerance. Another possible issue is the gun is overgassed to hell with that short barrel and suppressor, and he needs to dial it down with an adjustable gas block.

Firing pin retainer broke, firing pin slipped out and got stuck outside the BCG (ending up stuck poking out the magwell somehow)

Most likely this, gas ejections is /really/ harder than I expected
Considering the fact that I cleaned it 10-15 mags earlier before installing the suppressor, it definitely got dirty extremely quick

Adjustable gas block might be a better investment than a new BCG indeed.

I definitely see better where the AK memes come from tho, or even FAL. This kind of shit could cost your life in a crisis situation, even if not immediately threatened; and it would not have happened with a sturdier more tolerant gun.

lolll

Is 10w-30 special in europe?

It doesn't need to be "special," any weapons lube will do. And ARs can still go hundreds of rounds without lube if necessary (although you shouldn't do this in everyday use, with an AR or any other rifle), what my fellow clapistani was saying is that as long as you apply lube every so often, filthy ARs can function reliably more or less indefinitely.

To be fair, if an AK was overgassed to hell it would also have an adverse effect on the operating system. Not as bad as the AR because AK components are bulkier and more durable, but it would still have an effect. It's just that unlike ARs, AKs don't have a plethora of barrel length/gas system length combinations in common circulation. Because of this, there are fewer opportunities for AKs to be mechanically inclined to overgassing in the way that ARs are.

But AKs are always hilariously overgassed. especially the 5.45 variant kicks much harder than it should, although the 7.62s have a lot more mitigable punch to them.
The guns are designed with that in mind, that's what gave rise to their legendary reliabilty meme and why they can and will fire even with a ham sandwich dropped in to the rear of the bolt, until said ham sandwich starts clogging up the FCG.

looks like the retaining pin for the firing pin. There's probably way too much pressure slamming into the bolt to cause that to break. Suppressors do that.
1) Buy an adjustable gas block and turn the gas down
2) Buy another retaining pin for the firing pin
3) Your gun is dirty as shit, clean it.
4) maybe buy a nickel boron bolt carrier group
5) use gun grease instead of "lubricant."
No need to send it to a gunsmith.

Thing is lad, a good design shouldn't need specific maintenance or conditions to work right.
AKs are massively overgassed to ridiculous levels and even if you don't lube them, they don't explode into little bits.