Youtube Zig Forums Archive Thread

so, with the whole youtube shenanighans going on, i've made a personal attempt to download a bunch of gun channels. since i don't know every gun channel in existence, i ask you all to give me gun channels and single videos you want me to download. i have a pastebin that i will add channels to, and i'll link it at the bottom of this post. there was this guy on 4/k/ that archived a shitload of videos and provided a link to the full download, and i don't have all the hard drive space to make a redundant backup of it along with a potentially large list of channels for me to archive on top of that. i should also note that, i don't have any idea where to upload the videos to, so i will probably need some advice on that. that being said, this is a general youtube archive thread for potentially endangered channels that can be lost due to youtube's new ToS.

if you want to download videos from youtube but you don't know how to do it, look up youtube-dl and download it. you can download videos by invoking youtube-dl in a terminal or windows CMD/prompt/powershell. below is a good command to just get started:

youtube-dl –continue -f bestvideo+bestaudio/best –write-info-json –write-description –write-all-thumbnails –write-annotations –all-subs –write-sub –add-metadata –merge-output-format mkv -o "%(uploader)s %(uploader_id)s/%(title)s %(id)s.%(ext)s" INSERT_CHANNEL_OR_VIDEO_URL_HERE

if you'd rather output the file a different way, or you want to mess around with the options, then look at the documentation: github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/README.md if you'd rather have lower quality, then make sure to change bestvideo+bestaudio/best accordingly.

please have a look at the pastebin first before sending me channel links in case of duplication. everything i'm planning to archive is here, with the 4/k/ guy's stuff included. it also details my progress and what's in the queue to be added later.
pastebin.com/Xqsp3hvn

Attached: what youtube's database feels like.jpg (585x359, 34.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC6QH13V2o68zynSa0hZy9uQ
youtube.com/channel/UCKX0kmzrmD5WvwqpQ06mwCw
youtube.com/channel/UCv9RlV2Tqz5YpDXSuhhdIJA
youtube.com/channel/UClq1dvO44aNovUUy0SiSDOQ
youtube.com/channel/UC0-nZ9dKQroaCr2MuAXeqyg
youtube.com/channel/UCAJdjYGWn-K2vkiOkAbNbwQ
youtube.com/channel/UCjVuLZt0rFQRISqHhYxVAVA
youtube.com/channel/UCvnQR51WlelpPfOaBWmekSA
youtube.com/channel/UCzNN5amXsxsGzuehTXUYTrQ
youtube.com/channel/UC3P4NjwrpOykLBk2-UTVB8g
youtube.com/channel/UCfctRLXLbhoTIevEVrpsdIQ
youtube.com/channel/UC9ZKDGCc5R67fVvLFSv-OLA
youtube.com/user/Brent0331/videos
youtube.com/channel/UC9k2WzcJ1kUMl4KIwNQwrFA/videos
youtube.com/channel/UCNQtp87DA0_GFWhOLUbQMYg/videos?disable_polymer=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

forgot to mention that i have an 8tb drive and maybe about an extra tb to spare.

I reccommend you host them on IPFS. That will enable hosting to be distributed so that download speeds will be faster and there will be more redundancy. It's a bit similar to torrents.

i'm looking into it, thanks.

the progress of my archive so far is going smoothly but i am running out of links, so i'll probably start archiving stuff that's already been archived like hickok45 just for redundancy's sake.

here's what's in my archive so far:
Paul Harrell youtube.com/channel/UC6QH13V2o68zynSa0hZy9uQ 33.6GiB
Mike B youtube.com/channel/UCKX0kmzrmD5WvwqpQ06mwCw 68.1GiB
itsgoodsoup youtube.com/channel/UCv9RlV2Tqz5YpDXSuhhdIJA 8.4GiB
C&Rsenal youtube.com/channel/UClq1dvO44aNovUUy0SiSDOQ 61.7GiB
Ak Operators Union, Local 47-74 youtube.com/channel/UC0-nZ9dKQroaCr2MuAXeqyg 82.8GiB
Synchronizor youtube.com/channel/UCAJdjYGWn-K2vkiOkAbNbwQ 2.4GiB
Jay Philip Williams youtube.com/channel/UCjVuLZt0rFQRISqHhYxVAVA 50.2GiB
Proto-Ordnance youtube.com/channel/UCvnQR51WlelpPfOaBWmekSA 39.2GiB
MattV2099: Guns & Food youtube.com/channel/UCzNN5amXsxsGzuehTXUYTrQ 35.7GiB
314299 Shooting Channel youtube.com/channel/UC3P4NjwrpOykLBk2-UTVB8g 31.8GiB

the brownells channel is also downloading and is about a third of the way finished. gimme more links guys

Man, I remember his threads on Zig Forums back when he was productive. Was some good shit.

What about cokeman2423

Is YouTube targeting any and all firearms related content? Or is it specifically shooting specific, maybe even political
Maybe we can look for educational channels; gunsmithing, reloading, etc. I don't have any in particular, just trying to feel out what's possibly going away

youtube.com/channel/UCfctRLXLbhoTIevEVrpsdIQ nab this nigga.

Its unfucking reliable.

added cokeman2423

200% agreed, although i don't discriminate against (most) content since in my opinion, even entertainment gun channels like demolitionranch are part of a culture, specifically gun culture, that i would like to have preserved just in case youtube does target those channels anyways. maybe not so over-the-top like FPShitRussia but idk, i still got a shitload of tb to spare so i'll see what happens

way ahead of you my man, archived it all and currently sitting at 14.5GiB

John Lovell: youtube.com/channel/UC9ZKDGCc5R67fVvLFSv-OLA
Fantastic channel; he deals a lot with mentality/philosophy, tactics, and gives tips on shooting and training. Look through some of his playlists. He also has nice hair

>

Attached: the gay community.png (600x1200, 421.38K)

besides your homosexuality, i have added your gay fantasy lover just for you baby

also just to inform, i might actually have enough space to archive most of the 4/k/ guy's stuff (which i kinda wanted to do anyways) so that means i'll never have to say 4/k/ ever again, and i'll have a shitload of popular channels ready to go and probably archive shit that doesn't have a big chance of going down but is still Zig Forums related like Weaponsandstuff93. so i took to doing that redundant backup and already finished archiving hickok45 and TFB TV especially since they were requested.

Attached: (you)r life summed up.png (500x2650, 408.5K)

You might want to grab some build channels if you can find them like 80% stuff, and parts kit build ones would be high on my list.

yea, i found itsgoodsoup and jay philip williams that do custom 1911 shit that i already have archived, but unfortunately i don't know any more than that, so i guess i gotta just youtube a bunch of 80% shit and assuming more than 80% of that shit isn't gone, i can go ape with downloading a bunch of those

Can anyone recommend some large scale tactics channels? I know recommended John Lovell but I'm looking for discussion on stuff at the platoon level and above, and I'd rather not sift through a bunch of normies giving bad advice.

It would be more /v/ and Zig Forums, but Iconic Arms by Ahoy deserves a nod for boiling down funs history

Brent0331 if you want camo demonstrations and other gear info: youtube.com/user/Brent0331/videos
Bloke on the Range has some interesting videos, but I don't know if anyone else likes his stuff: youtube.com/channel/UC9k2WzcJ1kUMl4KIwNQwrFA/videos

brent0331 maybe? i kinda doubt that's what you were looking for specifically since i don't know dog shit about tactics, but i know he's got some infantry tactics videos there

sure, i'll just add the iconic arms playlists instead of the whole channel

downloading both. when they're done downloading, i'll add them to the pastebin

Attached: IMG_3883.jpg (1500x1125, 688.62K)

Why are the hammer and trigger pins connected with a bar?

anti-walk pins

For the love of god please archive Clinton Westwood, he's built two of Professor Parabellum's designs and YouTube's new policy explicitly prohibits showing how to manufacture firearms. It's only a matter of time before he gets shoah'd.

What YouTube shenanigans are you referring to? I watch gun videos on YouTube like it's my fucking job and I haven't seen anything unusual recently.

A bunch of videos (and in some cases entire channels) were reported and taken down for "promoting terrorism" or violating some other part of Youtube's updated content policies. A notable example is Chris Bartocci of Small Arms Solutions, whose entire channel was deleted not too long ago.

bloke on the range is gone

Holy shit, you're right. He wasn't even filming big scurrry assault weapons either.

He's back for now.

Who is this person?
youtube.com/channel/UCNQtp87DA0_GFWhOLUbQMYg/videos?disable_polymer=1

Brownells channel is gone

Back now but the message is clear. Google is going to use its position as a pseudo gate-keeper of the web to exclude content that doesn't fit with their political biases. They're creating a walled garden like AOL had in the 90s.

If you have a gun channel on YouTube mirror everything to BitChute as soon as possible.

Attached: BiQqQAj.gif (500x241, 1.39M)

It's not their political biases that we should worry about, if it was all just politics cokeman would be the absolute first to go since even a lot of gun owners hate him. Him sticking around shows that they don't care about firearms entertainment and what they want to do is intellectually disarm us. Very dangerous and I am sure there is a PRISM tier connection to it.