Gas Mask/NBC CBRN suit/ Radiation Detector thread

Hey Zig Forums im looking for a gas mask that is effective, Easy to maintain and durable. Im also looking for NBC CBRN suits that is effective and durable.
Im also looking for some radiation detectors.
Got any recommendations?

Attached: u.s military surplus detector.jpg (697x700 136.22 KB, 32.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gasmaskandrespirator.wikia.com/wiki/M95
rddusa.com/shop/five-5-original-gas-mask-nbc-filters-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If anyone got PDFs on radiation stuff or NBC CBRN stuff please post

What's your price range? Do you want used surplus or new stock? I have the SGE 400/3BB, has three ports for filters, canteen port and a really nice, hard wideview faceplate that I find a must have if you plan on wearing it in any combat/confrontation situation. Or just in general. Fuck the old school eye holes

Im looking to get surplus due to the price and maybe some new stuff (If available). Would some old soviet sapogi work well with NBC suits?

Im looking to get surplus due to the price and maybe some new stuff (If available). Would some old soviet sapogi work well with NBC CBRN suits?

The thing about old stuff is that it's old and out-dated for the most part. Especially filters. The aspects of cbrn protection and applications for effective coverage have advanced over the years. It's not something you want to poorfag. The truth being that a cbrn setup may be all but useless due to the little time you may or may not have, the damage done, the fact if a tactical nuke were to be used itd probably be a nuetron bomb, which will kill you deader than shit mask or not. Spend your money on getting away from urban areas and stocking food and water

Nukes don't work that way user and gas masks have more uses than protecting against NBC attacks.

gasmaskandrespirator.wikia.com/wiki/M95

Damn right!

Attached: HopeThisDoesntAwakenSomethingInMe.mp4 (1280x720, 12.69M)

I had a gasmask but the filtration systems fucked

Like what? Gasmasks won't do a fucking thing against proper B or C attack either way really.

Not getting smoked out by a smoke grenades or a fire.
Soldiers around the world don't carry gas mask with them because they constantly fear the unlikely mass use of NBC weapons, but because it is a protection devise for your respiratory system and eyes in case the air gets shit.
Heavy dust in the air or fire caused by fighting is a pretty common thing and if you are not able to leave the affected area, its better to have a gas mask than breathing that shit in.
Just think how many people can easily carry smoke grenades or Molotov cocktails around and use them.
They are also a useful tool if you are fighting enemies that are commonly sick, don't think about some big biological attack by a state or terrorist but about how many niggers and faggots carry aids or stuff like yellow fever with them around in the 3rd world.

Attached: Damascus 2.jpg (990x2218 74.96 KB, 584.43K)

Old surplus is only good for larping.
You have no idea where the mask had been, the rubber is aging and depending on the model new filters can be difficult to come by.
They are also shit to wear, gas masks are already uncomfortable to wear because you have the weight hanging on your face and then you want an old one, which only has tiny windows to look out?

For example, you could buy a used MSA/Dräger M2000 gas mask for around 180€ on ebay. Its the model currently in use with the German Bundeswehr.
You can get modern filters easily, it has a drinking straw, tinted clip in lenses against the sun and there exist even clip in spectacles(but they are fucking rare to find for some reason) for people who need glasses.
This mask is better than any of the leftover cold war garbage you can find, however even if you get your hands on a new one they are already 20 year old technology.
For the same price or even less, you can get a new Dräger X-plore/CDR model gas mask and if you pay more, you could get a Dräger FPS 7000.
They are in daily use with fire fighters and people who have to deal with chemicals around the world.
A whole butt load of different filters is even more easily to get than filters for the M2000, they are much more comfortable to wear, give a better field of view, easier to talk with and some models have a build in radio and the clip in spectacles for people with glasses are also much easier to find online.
This is basically the newest stuff you can buy and that is just a comparison of Dräger masks, if you look in your own country there is probably a producer with an equally good mask and other fancy add ons.

After that also don't buy any military NBC CBRN suits.
These things come in three version, the first version is basically just a thick latex suit, with gloves and boot cover and you can get the same is you just buy a pair of heavy duty latex glove used by the chemical industry, a bunch of Disposable Coverall Suits for work with chemical substances and a role of duct tape. Much cheaper, same protection level, quicker to get in and easier to dispose of. If you want something more durable you can also get a pair of Fishing Bibs and any Rain coat that uses latex to prevent you from getting wet.
The second version is a little bit more breathable and build around having a layer of activated charcoal inside the fabric. The charcoal inside the suit ages and once it has been activated the suit has to undergo a special treatment to be usable again, not worth it considering that they cost more, they are also of questionable use against biological threads.
Last version are the suit that make you look like an astronaut, they may be much more comfortable to wear over a longer time, but they also take a much longer time to get in and they are useless if you want to do any physical activity.

Attached: Dräger mask with clip in spectacles.png (640x512 331.62 KB, 648.7K)

Is it possible to homebrew explosive ones too?

How long do filters last for an out of the box M10?

question lads , bought mask in the image , Latex , thread RD40 so i can have both nato and stanag ,so filters wont be a problem , the question is , is the mask good for major SHTF scenarios ? cuz some faggot outa 10 people told me its gonna be shit against mustard gas , was he right ?

Attached: tom.jpg (225x224 6.13 KB, 6.03K)

STANAG 4155 compliant APR and filters are designed to combat WG agents and some TIC/TIM, they will not filtrate gases or vapors like Carbon Monoxide, Carbon Dioxide, Acrolein, or Hydrogen Cyanide that are present in smoke. The wearer will also suffocate to death due to oxygen deficiency in a smoke filled environment….which is why firefighters wear SCBA, not APR or PAPR.

Most national militarizes don't field CBRN gear because of the required extensive logistical network needed to support CBRN operations and the extremely remote possibility of CBRN weapons use. CBRN equipment use is primarily seen in SOF direct action raids against known weapons production or storage sites.

STANAG 4155 compliant filters are not designed to filtrate smoke or dust.

Just think how many people can easily carry smoke grenades or Molotov cocktails around and use them.

AIDS is transmitted via physical contact and Yellow Fever is transmit via mosquito.

This is terrible advice, you advocate not using surplus, then turn around and advice purchasing surplus form eBay simply because it has the Dräger company markings.

95% of what you've said is contradictory or nonsensical. Any STANAG 4155 compliant APR will have a drinking apparatus, tinted over-lens, and have an adapter/insert to accept prescription glass. APR are never used in firefighting. The M2000 is STANAG 4155 compliant and will take an 40mm threaded filter.

DO NOT listen to to anything the Kraut said, it WILL get you killed.

No, stay away from anything surplus, it's been surplussed for a reason. You don't want to cheap out on CBRN PPE and you need to give some heavy thought as to what you're trying to combat against; the likelihood of encountering CWA is low, a BIO threat higher on the scale, and a NUDET/RDD is the highest threat. If your concern is a SHTF type event, your absolute greatest threat after NUDET/RDD is TIC/TIM (Toxic Industrial Chemicals/Toxic Industrial Materials). In any of these threats scenarios, you want a mask that is made of Buytl, Hycar, Silicone, or EPDM or has a "second skin" made of the same material, avoid Latex masks like the plague, Latex is susceptible to permeation by blister agents and certain TIC/TIM. I'm going to assume your in the US, so depending on what you want to combat a decent, yet inexpensive APR's options would be the; the North 54400, SGE 150, SGE 400 Infinity, Survivair Opti-Fit, Scott M95 or MSA Advantage 3200 all are under $200. As far as MOPP/HAZMAT something that's Level-B is a good mid-ground for you (beyond that you'r einto Level-A which requires the use of a PAPR or SCBA), like a Tychem BR-165 or CPF-4 suit. As far as overboots, gloves, and chemical resistant seam-tape you can get all three produced to STANAG 4155 or MIL-G-43976/MIL-O-43995C compliance for around $50/ea.

Not at all, AFAIK all M10/OM10 filters are past their expiration date. They're modeled after the M17 which was very poor at protecting against oil-based agents and both require the complete removal of the mask to change filters.

Latex is dangerous as it's susceptible blister agent permeation and some TIC/TIM. Also, STANAG is NATO, it's short for "Standardization Agreement". Yes, the faggot was correct, Lewisite and Mustard Sulfurs are blister agents. Ensure that it's actually Latex and not Butyl, Hycar, or Silicone.

What are you looking? GM detectors or Ion meters?

its soft latex my dude , checked manual to be 100% sure , does that makes the mask worthless ?
i am really a fucking retard , i meant Nato and Gost :3

Attached: bkim.png (1192x830, 228.45K)

If I ever come into a lot of money, sure I'll invest in proper high quality NBC kit, but for the time being I think I'll settle for a commercial dust mask or partial respirator. I might consider a full mask if I come into a good deal. I'm honestly not terribly concerned about chemical agents being used against me, at least anything really nasty like VX or BZ. If I'm ever the target of a biological attack I'm thinking that I'll be pretty well fucked anyway. I'm much more concerned about particulates, radioactive or otherwise. Even cheap disposable masks will help a good bit with larger airborne particles.

The point was the possible uses of gas mask, not what filters to use. Your explanation is correct, but you heavily missed the point about everything I wrote.
And bullets make people bleed like pigs, once you get somebody who is infected with a serious disease to bleed everywhere in a room you better be completely covered if you have to do anything in that room.
I once saw the aftermath of a guy with hepatitis getting stabbed in his room inside a shelter, they gutted the whole room and even took chunks of the concrete floor(which didn't even came into contact with the blood) out afterwards before renovating it.
Wrong Burgerboy, I looked up the price for a used military gas mask on eBay, because you can't really buy them new and then looked up the prices for a new Dräger mask in retail.
I used Dräger an an example, because I know their products much better than those of other producers and in my post I even gave OP the advise to look at the models of other producers.
So considering your accusation of Dräger favoritism I have to ask if you are unable to read or if you just have autism.
Strelok anyone smarter than a potato would have noticed that I compared a military gas mask with a civilian gas mask, because my actual experience with both of them is that the civilian gas masks are much more comfortable, have better quality and much more options.
You cannot make sense of my most, because SOMEHOW you seem to think I wrote him a "how to best use a gas mask" guide, when in reality it was a buyers guide that advises to buy new civilian stuff over used military surplus.
Any fucking retard can read up on how to use a gas mask and what filters to use depending on the threats one faces, so my post wasn't about that and how you came to that conclusion is beyond me.

Like I said gents, DO NOT listen to anything the Kraut has to say, it WILL get you killed.

A gas mask is useless without filters, USELESS, it's a package deal…in actuality the filters matter more than the mask because they do the filtration. Secondly, you recommended using an APR (Air Purifying Respirator) aka "gas mask" for use in combating smoke…do you not fucking understand that a gas mask filters and purifies air…air that smoke has displaced, smoke that contains vapors and gases that filters are unable to filter out because A.) they're not rated to, B.) even if they could the oxygen content is too low and will cause the wear to suffocate to death, which is why firefighters the world over use SCBA. I didn't miss anything, you're just assblasted I corrected you.

Anyone who's had ANY medical training is familiar with BBP, to which the proper PPE is gloves, a face mask, and eye shield… MOPP-4. Also, if you've just riddle a fucker so full of holes his entire anatomic volume of blood is now decorating the room, WHY, OH FUCKING WHY are you dancing around the room touching everything like some bizarre fetishist? Anything of potential value is possibly contaminated with said Super AIDS Mega Nigger Blood.

Yeah, I'm just going to call absolute bullshit on this one.

Why, WHY, oh sauerest or sauerkrauts would you quote someone the MSRP on a mask if they can't buy purchase retail? Also, buying used IS buying fucking surplus.

My only experience is with MSA PPE products..yet here I am NOT freely promoting their shit, unlike yourself.

Yep, without a single mentioning pertaining to what the mask is made out of or the type of filter mounts…oh, no can't concentrate on the important parts…need to concern ourselves with all the ancillary accoutrements.

I can't make sense of what you wrote because half makes no sense and the rest was shitty advise that will get someone that doesn't know better killed.

It could be you giving shit advice like the shit below that has be perplexed;
The last one is a peach, because you can't use Level-A HAZMAT gear without a fucking PAPR or SCBA.

OP here I do have to ask is there any differance between Warsaw pact and Nato gasmasks? What about NBC CBRN suits? Also how do you check if a gasmask filter contains asbestos

There have been some wild designs over the years and not just from NATO or the Warsaw Pact. Generally masks produced by either were similar as far as internal mechanisms sometimes even directly copying the others design; like the Czech M10. You can see some unique designs, like the US "Grasshopper" or Soviet PBF. Same for suits, general overall design was similar (makes sense as it was all designed to preform the same mission, jusy by different parties), there are some unique looking ones like the Soviet OZK. By date, assume anything pre-1980 has asbestos, but more modern filters can contain Chromium.

Yes, and nobody claimed the opposite, so why are you sperging out about it like a total mental retard? I haven't given a single fucking advise on what system or filter to use, because that heavily depends on the threat you are expecting to face and OP hadn't written about that.
The question of OP was if the fucking rubber masks he plans to buy can be military surplus, to which my post was a clear no and I made a comparison between the german military gas mask and a german civilian gas mask to show him why.
Somehow in your demented brain you made from that a post in which I advertised Dräger and told him to use a military surplus mask with NATO filter to stand in burning buildings, in which the carbon monoxide has already replaced the oxygen.
You are raving mad about the way correct and secure procedure of protecting yourself against NBC threats, when my post didn't go into the topic and was just about buying the best stuff for the money. A topic you haven't touched.
I didn't you fucking moron, that just your imagination because you are going absolutely autistic about different types of filters. But even then you are wrong, because not every type of smoke and situation you encounter smoke is the same.
And anyone who was in the military knows that you have to make do with the things you have with you and that you can only carry a limited number of things with you. A gas mask with different filters is easier to transport and more useful than a fucking eye shield.
Also since you seem to have forgotten, the original example you sperge out about was possible uses for a gas mask as a possible face cover in the situation where there is the possibility that the enemy is sick. In these situations you don't know for sure if the Nigger had mega AIDS, you lack the tools and time to check it and depending on the combat situation you can't avoid it to enter the room. Of course in your autistic mind this scenario is impossible to imagine and you will now probably rant over every fucking tiny detail of this scenario.
user you can buy the german military gas mask, all used from people on ebay and you can buy a new fucking gas mask in any store that specializes in that kind of work gear or amazon. It is not a difficult concept to understand for people without brain damage.
Show where I have promoted them you retard, all I have done was a comparison of the product for the military and the product for civilians. Why are you so butthurt about that?
No you cannot make sense of what I wrote, because my information doesn't fit into your autistic world view of what is right and so you are imagine and inventing situations and things I never claimed or meant that way.
user you have actually failed to show how my advise is shit, because all you have done is made shit up I never claimed and then sperged out about it. Your last fucking sentence is the fucking proof:
AND? Nobody in this fucking thread claimed the opposite, yes you need a fucking air breathing apparatus if you plan to wear a suit that completely separates you from the environment. Anyone who will look these things up to buy them will know this instantly and I have never claimed you could use one without.
So why are you bringing it up other than to hide the fact you made a complete ass of yourself by reading stuff into my post that wasn't there?

Let me reiterate again folks, taking this krauts advice = death.

Look, not amount of trying to paint me as some spertastic austist retard is going to save you from embarrassment of being the bottom of the extremely shallow Teutonic gene pool. You posted bullshit, now own it, Merkel.

I understand being German gives a mental complex that makes you think you can do stupid shit and then escape without repercussion, but not today, Herr Schnitzel.

You stated;
So you're giving advice on "possible uses" of a gas mask, but neglecting to denote those uses require specific filters to defeat certain vapors, gases, and agents. Your right, you didn't make any claims, your just gave negligent advice that can result in someones death.

See, these two posts right here are why I wish the Bundespolizei would kick in your fucking door for being a piece of shit. Here's the problem, Hans…you are giving ADVICE. You ADVISED OP to not to purchase milsurp, you ADVISED OP to purchase civil PPE, you ADVISED

Yet again, you giving shit advice. Of course to you is just a "fucking rubber mask", because that's about as much thought as you've put into it, because your a sanctimonious cockup who thinks his Germanic grey matter is superior to someone who actually knows their shit. Newsflash, fuckface, the type of rubber FUCKING MATTERS, just like filters. The rubber composition matters because certain rubbers are susceptible to permeation and deterioration by certain agents, like blister agents and corrosive TIC/TIM.

Right here you ADVISE the use of masks to combat;

OWN YOUR FUCKUPS, Merkel.

They go hand-in-hand, Hans.

Learn to fucking read.

This has to be trolling, you've got to be trolling. Please fucking be trolling, just be another Americunt who's just yucking it up trolling, because I refuse to believe someone is THAT FUCKING STUPID. It's apparent you've done nothing outside of dwell in some shit-tier "flat" and shitpost on Ugandan Dust Art Forums. So, you're telling me carrying an M45 respirator with assorted filters is LIGHTER and EASIER to transport than a pair of Nitrile gloves, an N-95, and a disposal eye-shield. Only in Kraut-World is logic that retarded, but then again you're the people who though immigrating HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of sand people who end well.

Yeah, because you thought AIDS and Yellow Fever were airborne pathogens.

Yeah, we've had a deluge of personnel combing back contaminated with all manner of BBP from fighting in Africa and the Mid-East…if only AFRICOM and CENTCOM would put out a directive to require all personnel to wear MOPP-4 during operations..,oh, wait…it's easier to just put on an N-95 and Nitrile gloves…like medical personnel and first responders do when dealing with wounds of a victim that could have BBP. (pics related)

Attached: Medic PPE BBP.jpg (780x533 35.76 KB, 63.59K)

Nah, I was SAR so I'm very familiar in dealing with BBP in stressful situations, but tell me more on how you don't know shit about situation appropriate PPE, Hans.

What was that, Hans?

You clearly say here you gave OP advise to purchase USED mask from eBay because " you can't really buy them new". So, which is it, are they difficult to purchase retail or is Amazon flush with them?

I'll give you this one, I was just being an ass about it. Even if you worked for Dräger and were shilling them on the regular I wouldn't care.

I can't make sense of it because it flies in the face of conventional wisdom and reality.

No, you need a PAPR or SCBA, completely different animal than a APR…and MUCH more expensive and logistically reliant.

No, Hans, I'm being so "mental" over this all because it matters. Sure, to you it just some topic to shitpost in, but some of us around here know the consequences of not knowing the exact information needed. You can NOT fucking generalize with shit like CBRN.

Well, I'd had my fill of reading Teutonic Folk Lore. Feel free to respond, I might type a rebuttal, might not.

Says a desperate man repeatedly for the third time like he is some Hilary Clinton supporter for CNN, despite the fact that this kraut isn't actually disputing his point about filters and has the same opinion about military surplus.
Just fucking proof it then you living example of the 56% meme. Shouldn't be so difficult to point out the sentence, but you are not doing it because you know you can't since all the shit you claimed I got wrong was just in your imagination.
No matter how hart you try to project your own fuck up onto me it will not save you from this embarrassment.
Yes, because that wasn't the topic of the thread mr. genius. You are free to claim that I was negligent, but that would be fucking stupid as everyone can learn this shit by reading free pdfs that can be found online and it even stands in the fucking instructions that come with the gear.
Hell the fucking Do/k/ument and The Ark that can be found on this very board has these fucking pdfs. If OP buys a new gas mask and filter and doesn't read or is unable to understand the fucking safety instruction that come with it he deserves to die for his stupidity.
And I wish the nurse would just higher your dosage and cut your computer time, but sadly we can't have it. Yes I have given an advise to buy new stuff and not old used stuff when it comes to protective equipment, I also expect the OP not the be a mentally retarded and able to learn. Buh fucking hu.
Yes, thank your for proving to everyone what a true autist you are. Yes the rubber composition matters, nobody denied that but yet again here you are flipping your shit about this topic without reason.
Its sad that I have to mention this obvious fact, but if you buy a gas mask from a renowned producer it will already come with the right kind of rubber. I hope this fact doesn't blow your mind.
There are cases where that isn't true and you require a different composition to counter certain chemicals, but the probability of encountering that stuff is a complete different topic and as experience has shown when the topic is talked about here, there is usually one sperg who will kill the thread because he is too paranoid and will demand that everyone uses a set up that isn't practical for normal people in the field.
Yes look at the pictures of people standing in the smoke of the flares and nobody is wearing SCBA gear. A miracle how they aren't dead isn't it? Because after you this smoke should have replace all the oxygen in the air and kill them without SCBA gear.
Yes a gas mask made of hard plastic and rubber and filters made of metal are much more sturdier and easier to carry around than a brittle piece of thin bent plastic.
I didn't, once again you are making shit up in your autistic rage. Your problem is that you are thinking of all these special specific cases and how larger organizations deal with them, but that isn't what the normal Zig Forumsommando or user here will encounter or need.
The majority of the time in the situations they would encounter they would just need a "cover" to prevent irritants and pathogens to reach their eyes, mucous membrane and skin. Choosing the right cover isn't a fucking science like you make it out, its just like choosing he right bit for a screwdriver.
So are you now claiming your retardation is an occupational injury? Have you inhaled the wrong king of fumes too often?
No you autistic stupid fucking nigger, I didn't gave him the advise to buy used mask as you can see in my original fucking post here , I explained that he "could" buy a fucking used mask on ebay, but he is better of to buy a new mask for the same kind of money.

I'd take the advice of the other guy, only because you're being an ass fractured faggot who can't drop it.

I think I'd rather listen to a kraut that understands reading comprehension than a burger that doesn't.

You must have read a completely different thread. The kraut is a.) an aspie, b.) illiterate. I mean, its very clear the kraut was advising OP that a gas mask can be used to stop smoke when it clearly can not. I know it can't, I've tried to use a US mask to stop smoke when burning brush. It does shitall to stop smoke, but it will sure as hell cause you to suffocate and choke. I get what the burgerbro is saying, I think he's coming from a professional stance, yeah he's an autist, but where the kraut is clearly coming from the stance of having read wiki pages and outdated service manuals, while making general assumptions. The problem I see with the kraut is he leaves his comments open ended, leaving them to be interpreted in ways he doesn't intend, aka he's not fully articulating his points. Can't expect someone to comprehend what is being said when it's coming across as grammatical gibberish. I mean, most of what the kraut is saying comes across as: "You can buy it, but not buy it, because there are better, but they're not available to everyone, but it's ok because any mask will do, but only certain ones. Essentially, burgerbro is talking in finites, where the kraut looks like he's kind of winging it. Plus, the kraut demanded the burgerbro ""show the proofs" but if you read over the thread the kraut has been shown more than once where his comments are wrong or just dumb. Fuck that was long.

OP here Im wondering on how to counter radiation sickness (If their is).
Got any radiation detector recommendations? Im aware of the symptoms of radiation sickness

Attached: radiation.jpg (520x361, 44.3K)

im not aware of any specific treatment for radiation sickness that address anything more than the symptoms of radiation exposure to make the sufferer more comfortable. so far as i know it is entirely prevention based, limiting external and internal exposure. So far as i know, ingesting Iodine prior to internal exposure offers some protection to the thyroid, and prussian blue flushes cesium from the body, but you probably knew that. I dont have any good recommendations but hopefully my response will encourage more informed ones. What is it you want the detector for, are you worried about a nuclear accident?

I kinda am since nuclear disasters MIGHT happen in the future.

*there
My bad damn auto correct

I don't give a fuck if you take my advise or not, considering that your ID is different I don't even know if you aren't actually the Burger Sperg, because it is clear as day that he(and you partially) couldn't drop bringing up pointless topics nobody disputed.
Depends on how autistic you are about the definition of smoke, as smoke is a collection different solid and liquid particles combined with gas.
If the smoke isn't too thick and your goal is it to filter out the solid and liquid particles that could irritate your lungs then a filter(if it is the right filter) of a gas mask is actually enough, if you care about the gases that replace oxygen then it isn't enough.
And that is only gases that replace oxygen, because as the military and civilian usage of gas mask proves the right filter can neutralize certain gases.
Strelok the laws of physics and chemicals didn't change in the last decades and if I compare my time in the Bundeswehr(2010) with the stuff from the Cold War the standards have become even lower for the equipment given to the basic soldier.
Where do you think I got the shit with the rain jacket from? The Bundeswehr at that point considered that the rain gear+mask and tape is enough for the basic soldier to protect against most shit out there and after that he can hope for the ABC-Abwehrtruppe to arrive and decon him or he has to discard his gear in a safe zone and hope he doesn't come into contact with too much shit in the process.
I left my post open ended because one topic neither OP or the Burger Sperg got into was mobility and time. The higher your protection level the more gear you have to carry around with you, the longer you need to put that shit on and in the end you have to get out of your stuff.
In the Bundeswehr you had to put your mask on in under 7 sek., then put the rain gear+rubber gloves and rubber boot cover on, tape everything up and after that you could only hope that everything is sealed.
This isn't a good protection, but you can actually work with that as a single person if you would suddenly encounter a NBC situation out in the field.
Meanwhile all the other stuff that exists, the thicker suits and the different types of closed breathing systems, they all require that you already know that there is "something" out there and that you have a protected environment in which you have the time to put everything on.
And that is a common problem when we talk about NBC threats and protection gear in a threat. You have all these "professionals" who are aggressively hyper autistic about every fucking detail, but they commonly ignore that the solutions that exist and which they use aren't practical for the normal person that just wants what is basically a "NBC escape suit" most of the time.

Some bad news, Hans. There is no "practical" means of CBRN protection, it requires extensive preparation and investment. The average Strelok can prepare for riot control agents, but shit like CWA, TIC, & TIM which some individuals will face in SHTF requires serious equipment, not a pair of galoshes and a poncho.

Like I said guys, don't listen to the Killer Kraut, his advise will only serve to get you killed on a painful and grotesque manner.

I keep an MCU-2/P around. You can find them on ebay for a decent price. They have a great field of view, accept 40mm canisters, and have aftermarket accessories available such as second skins, poly-carbonate lens covers, etc.

If you find yourself awash in nuclear fallout you are probably fucked. If you want to survive a nuclear holocaust, then you're better off electing politicians who won't get you nuked.

Be sure to check around your masks outlet value under the nose cup for disbonding, Strelok. The older MCU-2/P are notorious for it, both the Navy and AF had to discard thousands of them because of it. On the bright side, the MCU-2/P and MSA Millennium share most parts.

Wow, way to waste a get there buddy.

Attached: 1351488285409.png (432x362, 398.98K)

So he shouldn't brother with it or what are you saying?
Also WW1 disproves your claim, all armies on the western front managed to find a practical means of protection against chemical weapons so that they lost most of their uses.
Yes nobody would get the idea of an NBC ponch. Oh wait…

Attached: East German NBC poncho.jpg (600x600 42.56 KB, 38.34K)

World War One was 104 years ago, where the primary chemical agent was phosgene and chlorine, most widely used across all militaries for the majority of the war, phosgene & chlorine, which are choking agents and membrane irritants, requiring 1000PPM to be lethal. Mustard salts only came into use in late 1917, about a year before the wars end. Yeah, all the Western militaries had means by which to protect against chlorine inhalation (if you call a cotton cloth coated in bicarbonate a form of "practical protection"), not mustard salts, which is a blister agent, not a choking agent. Sure, if a Strelok's only concern of chemical threats is highly concentrated pool chlorine, then using a French M2 mask will suit them just fine, as long as they piss on it beforehand.

German NBC poncho with an Israeli M15, now that's irony. All jokes aside, those ponchos are useless outside of avoiding direct fallout contamination. Blister or blood agents? You're fucked.

Hey guys I got a pic related with two of the tan filters awhile ago and I am wondering if the filters would still be any good at this point? What are your general thoughts on it Zig Forums?

Attached: GasMask.png (184x206, 43.28K)

Check and see when they were made. They last 15+ years. If they are expired, these are the cheapest I've found: rddusa.com/shop/five-5-original-gas-mask-nbc-filters-2

good ole weaponschadstuff93 taught me that military filters are basically abek filters , i wouldnt waste mons on nearly expiration date/1 year expired military filters , when you can get RD40 filters , that fit both Nato and Gost ,

Attached: weaponsandstuff93.jpg (1280x720, 111.98K)

OP here is there any difference between NBC ponchos and suits? Im going to guess that the ponchos are more cheaper.

They are economic for the country that produced them, that is all. NBC weapons not only pose a threat during their deployment, but they stick to items and thus these items themselves become deadly. While you can sometimes decontaminate these items, it is usually just easier to throw them away..
However if you are a country it really sucks to throw a soldiers whole equipment away, so many of them produced these one off ponchos that the soldier can throw over themselves if they think they are getting attacked.
Their major drawback is that they are a ad hoc solution and depending on how good you put them on, they are not as tightly sealed as a NBC suit and because of that you have a higher risk of getting exposed to the agent, which depending on the agent is all it needs to kill you.

But I find they are more expensive. Link I posted had 5 new filters that last 15 years for the same price as one rd40 filter that lasts 6-10 years.

whatever fuels your oven buddo

Attached: smaug gift.JPG (1200x1600, 320K)

potassium iodide tablets take them after exposure to try to prevent thyroid cancer

I have one of these too. I like it. I actually used it at work.

Take them before exposure to keep your thyroid gland filled to maximum capacity with non-radioactive iodine, so that when you get exposed to radioactive iodine, it just passes straight through you, instead of going to your thyroid to hang around and give you thyroid cancer. Trying to flush iodine out of the number one place your body wants to send more iodine to isn't going to be as effective as pissing out all that excess iodine ASAP because you already have too much.