Metal Gear?

Posting this for the Strelok in the QTDDTOTT that can't create threads
So Zig Forums, what can we do with an unmanned bipedal weapons platform beyond just slap a nuke on it?
Further, what are the practical applications for other Metal Gears?
Giant manned walking tanks the size of buildings may be impractical and obscenely expensive but the heart wants what the heart wants.

Attached: 116.jpg (560x923 363.48 KB, 500.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-34540193
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/jbm.a.32640
cs.stir.ac.uk/~jrw/teaching/IntroductionArtificialIntelligence/BostonDynamics/BigDog_IFAC_Apr-8-2008.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angiogenesis#Chemical_stimulation
sphcs.org/ThoratecHeartMateII
smithsonianmag.com/innovation/artificial-lung-fits-backpack-180962826/
industrytap.com/miniature-portable-dialysis-machine-fast-track-fda-approval/23979
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimicrobial_resistance
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibiotic_misuse
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibiotic_use_in_livestock
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_drug_resistance
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multidrug-resistant_Gram-negative_bacteria
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-drug-resistant_tuberculosis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extensively_drug-resistant_tuberculosis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totally_drug-resistant_tuberculosis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrotizing_fasciitis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks for posting this for me. Since this was created as a general Metal Gear thread instead of one specifically for the Gekko, discussion of other Metal Gear military technology is welcome as well. The thread would be incomplete without it anyway. Discussion about general concepts used in the series, like mecha, power armor, etc. is fine too, along with examples of them from other series. Still, I don't think any other series has anything quite like the Gekko.

Also, I just realized what day it is today.

Walker Gears are glorified segways.

April 30th?

Attached: Autism.jpeg (858x2500 182.78 KB, 2.5M)

Thread went something like this:
>GEKKO FROM METAL GEAR CAN DO THAT! I suggested that german crane thing instead

My 2 cents…

Pure bipedal robots are too difficult, cybernetics are easier. Clone muscle tissue over a metal skeleton, then use electrical impulses to contract it it would take about three months to grow the muscle tissue. All additional organs can be technological, a screw-valve heart forces a faster circulatory system, a dialysis machine filters out waste, a respiratory assist system provides oxygen. A baggie of electrolyte and sugar solution to provide the fluids needed to run the muscles, with some synthetic erythrocytes to carry oxygen, replacing all of the other necessary organs.
Then just slap a turret on top with all the weapons an attack helicopter would carry, a main computer that helps it walk with troops or behind vehicles, and a smaller battle computer which helps it to identify enemy targets and hide its lower body behind obstacles.
It would require less power to run than an attack helicopter, just switching out the baggie every now and then, and a battery to run the electrical impulses.
All this is possible with 2005-level technology.

t. biologist

And of course add a massive sound system that blasts this at 125dB

Wait, can we already grow properly working muscles? Also, would it need veins to circulate blood? And do we have artificial blood that is up to the task? In addition to all of this, what animal is best suited for this task? And how long would the muscles live?

I think a full-size mech could be useful as a base defense unit. Many of the problems with mecha, such as slower top speed than tanks and higher ground pressure, aren't problems anymore when they can be guaranteed a hard surface to walk on and they don't have to move as much as they do to assault an enemy base. Their ability to move would enable them to cover the base better than fixed turrets. Many anime use mecha in a defensive capacity, and they have extensive support infrastructure for them. Think Tokyo-3 in Evangelion. The buildings open up to reveal caches of ammo and weapons and the Evas have power cords to keep them running. The power cords are pretty impractical, but having charging stations for the mecha might work. The Gekko may be able to help, but for this application a big mech would be better.

That second picture is perfect for what this thread will undoubtedly become.

German cranes aren't nearly as mobile as Gekko.

This is one of two major problems with Gekko. It can't carry as many weapons as the attack choppers it's meant to replace. It also isn't as well-armored, as Snake can destroy them with the Barrett M82, which fires .50-cal rounds. It won't stand up to an IFV with an autocannon. Something needs to be done about this.

Or if you're Raiden, you can just steal the fluids from enemy cyborgs instead of getting resupplies.

On this note, we should explore different Gekko configurations. Could you have a Gekko that functions primarily in an information warfare capacity? You have command vehicles, communications vehicles and other such types of IFVs, naval ships, etc., so it's possible that Gekko, or mecha in general, could be used for these things.

This is the conclusion I came to as well, though I'm not a biologist. The first MGS game was set in 2005, and it features the series' first demonstration of artificial muscle in Gray Fox's exosuit. I think such a suit could have been made back then, although not to the over-the-top power level his is at, and the muscle tissue it used obviously wasn't cloned human muscle tissue because it's far stronger than anything human muscle can do. But for some damned reason, nobody had the vision to build that. Fuck this timeline.

We can grow complete muscles with tendons with blood vessels inside them, since about 2005. We can also make tendons attach to titanium anchor points on a metal exoskeleton since the 80s.

We have artificial blood that can do it, it's basically a sheath of gluey proteins, sprayed on a plastic tube. Then hemoglobin is stuck to the gluey protein, the plastic tube is retracted while cutting the sprayed on gluey protein tube (which includes hemoglobin) into little rings. They then contract into tubular rings that look a lot like red blood cells. It's a decent oxygen carrier.

Any animal works for this as long as we have a supply of stem cells to jump start the process.

Muscles would live about two years, but I'm just estimating. Likely in the process of putting this thing together some breakthroughs will be made.

Que? An attack chopper carries generally one light cannon and eight missiles, four on each side. Some attack choppers are advertised as carrying sixteen missiles, eight on each side, but in practice a four-pack on every pylon is replaced by a fuel tank, or else the chopper has no range. So just four missiles on each side, for a total of eight.
Image related plus a .50BMG would be easy to put on our GEKKO, the cool thing is it automatically tracks and targets. And each four-pack has independent sensors so even if the GEKKO takes damage and gets half its weapons blown away - the other half can still independently fire on targets.

It's tactics are to duck below the tree line, below buildings, below hills and obstacles, giving its legs infinity armor. And if the top turret is blown off who cares, you can make a modular slot-in carried around on repair trucks to fix it in a few hours.

Attached: Tigr-M_Tigr_Kornet-D_Kornet-EM_4x4_anti-tank_missile_carrier_armoured_vehicle_Russia_russian_army_line_drawing_blueprint_001.jpg (640x427, 55.45K)

The muscles on the Gekko, muscle-based exosuits, and every other similar device would have to be based on synthetic biology or biomimetics in order to perform anywhere close to like they do in the games. I don't suppose your specialization is in one of those subfields.

A .50-cal machine gun comes standard on Gekko. Attack choppers have a full-blown autocannon. As for how much punishment a Gekko can withstand, it depends on its production cost whether or not it's worth it to try to armor it up. Nothing in the source material ever tells us how much a Gekko costs. Given that the Gekko's muscles were created using technology initially developed for Metal Gear RAY, making a Gekko heavier than normal but not quite as big as RAY is probably doable. Kojima said the Gekko were the equivalent of jeeps, so they shouldn't be expected to withstand an autocannon. A moderately heavier Gekko would be the "IFV" model, whereas the full-size RAY is the tank. RAY can also jump, but it doesn't seem to do so nearly as often as the Gekko do. RAY has more of a main body though, whereas the Gekko is almost all leg, so the Gekko will have a higher power-to-weight ratio that makes jumping less of an ordeal.

Devobio. But I know enough about synthetic bio to know this is possible.

They have a half-blown autocannon, basically souped up grenade launchers. The chin gun on the Apache weighs about 1.3x as much as an M2 and launches a 30mm shell out at 500-1000fps slower than full sized autocannons.

I don't know anything about MGS, I've never played it. I just saw a few pictures and discussion about it on Zig Forums. Please excuse my ignorance I'm too old for this.

Is that bull being raped or is it raping something?

Why even bother?

because you can fuck it

If you're the kind of sick fuck that would stick his dick into a synth, is it really that much of a stretch to stick it into an intake valve?

Well an intake valve requires more lubricant, and if its too tight the penis can actually grow thicker inside it and get stuck. Then you have to stick a needle in your dick to drain out the blood before pulling it out of the exhaust. This hasn't ever happened to me I just heard about it from somewhere I can't remember.

They also use that round in European 30mm autocannon designs.

It's slower, but it also makes the gun lighter and you don't have to deal with those high pressure, heavier, and larger volume 30x173 rounds seeing as 30x113 are straight walled and do the job well enough.

The problem with them is that sure they'll be more fuel efficient than helicopters on flat terrain, but it won't be in mountainous, hilly, swampy, passively denied (think landmines) land.

You're better off with some type of fixed winged STOL/VSTOL aircraft that has a low airspeed.

Funny thing is, they have been developed by the USAF doesn't like cost effective things that don't go fast.

You also have to think of how they will fight against the GEKKO like drones and what doctrine you'll use them with.

If you really mean to replace Attack Helicopters with them, they'll be grossly inefficient and slow in the areas I mentioned.

You can also get around the legs situations with track pressure, something like the Wiesel (which ground pressure is that of a walking infantryman so it can get to where it needs to be and is light enough to be transported by medium lift helicopters) that's more heavily armed with ATGMs would be a good in between to supplement attack helicopters, but it still won't be able to complete the job.

That said, something like digitigrade legged exoskeletons that boost speed to that of or a bit above that of Tanks and APCs, using them as dismounted shock and reconnaissance troops with weapons that are heavy enough to carry by just a team of them, shock troopers supported by ground based drones that take orders via arm mounted console and laser designation (especially for Urban combat by pointing to windows and having them light the room up) that can also be transported by APC/IFVs might be what you're looking for instead.

Sure, if we're talking big picture. How would you effectively innervate the muscles and coordinate them effectively between them? You have to take into account coordination between not only different muscle groups, but between different synthetic muscles, and that's not taking into account the recruitment of muscle fibers. Never mind that all of this has to support it's own weight and strength in order to support any kind of armor or weapon system that's going to be mounted on it. This is even without going into how would you program the movement itself. All the small signals required for effectively controlling the muscle would be pretty CPU-intensive.

Source your shit.

Attached: doubt.jpeg (600x909, 29.79K)

Measure the mass of the "resting body" and multiply that by G and whatever angle the body is at.

With that in the system, any force over the mass of the body acting upon the suit is amplified with the exact force that is needed to go along with the addition of force of the user moving a limb or his body.

They have done stuff like this since 2001 and it's the easiest way to pull it off, for an exoskeleton atleast.

Ok let me try to address some criticisms.

- In 2013 vat grown meat cost $325,000 per burger, in 2015 it cost ~$20, in 2018 to 2022 it would be even more cost effective. I use vat grown meat (for hamburgers) as an example because it is made of muscle fibers, and they will contract if you provide a current.
bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-34540193

- Muscle doesn't have to contract uni-directionally, it can contract omni-directionally and it will have roughly the same result. The important part is attaching it to titanium frame, which we solved with bioactive titanium.
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/jbm.a.32640

- Most of the control system was worked out in robots like BigDog, which although a technological marvel still suffer from power generation. Big Dog has only four hydraulic actuators per leg. That translates to two muscle groups for a total of four muscles per leg in our system, and one wire with lead in and lead out to activate each muscle galvanically. That's four individual "links" the computer has to control, exactly as many as a Big Dogs computer.
cs.stir.ac.uk/~jrw/teaching/IntroductionArtificialIntelligence/BostonDynamics/BigDog_IFAC_Apr-8-2008.pdf

- Do I have this figured out completely? No. I'm just judging it possible, not ready for production. And I judge it to be possible, if we started serious billion dollar military research in 2018 it would have a working scale prototype by 2022 easy.

The muscle tissue growth and control is easy.
The blood tissue growth is easy, just bathe the vat meat in angiogenesis factors.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angiogenesis#Chemical_stimulation
The screw heart is easy, Heartmate II is a screw-based artificial heart, there is no pulse just continual flow. See pic.
sphcs.org/ThoratecHeartMateII
The oxygen delivery.
smithsonianmag.com/innovation/artificial-lung-fits-backpack-180962826/
The filtration of wastes We can cut out the dialysis machine completely by simply adding fake red blood cells to the "fuel" solution with glucose/vitamins/electrolytes. Every few days when you replace the fuel pack, you'd also replace the blood, cleaning it. Bit like draining the oil on your car.
industrytap.com/miniature-portable-dialysis-machine-fast-track-fda-approval/23979
And the glucose/electrolyte/vitamin/antibiotic to prevent infection solution is easy, trickiest part there is continual monitoring of blood so you don't make it a diabetic.

Most of it can be done with off the shelf parts and technology, from BigDog tech to medical equipment, its so ready that someone could sit down and calculate the exact amount of pounds this thing would weigh.

The only tough part is making a large enough vat to grow it in, and ensuring proper muscle attachment.

Everything else is basically ready to go.

Attached: lvad.png (929x677, 433.45K)

Could we create a giant insect?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (480x404, 89.79K)

No. Not in the next 50 years anyway.

No, it's not that simple, You can make Robotic birds though, just not very large.

You're better off adding stuff to existing aircraft and adapting to a new doctrine that can overwhelm the enemy before he can fight back and thinking of ways to counter it.

Looking for one wonder weapon to do the job of something that already exists, instead of finding new ways to fight, will always limit you and remove the ability to adapt when there's a need to actually fight.

Since Gekko can jump absurdly high, this may not be a problem for them. They don't actually have to run up mountains.

That's why this thread exists.

The concept of exosuit-using jumpjet infantry for ambushes was discussed in the other thread. Power armor is going to have a hard time getting the fuel capacity needed to perform the duties of a chopper. However, power armor seems to have replaced tankettes like the Wiesel in any setting where it exists, incorporating many of the tankette's functions. You could also give mecha or power armor tracked/wheeled assemblies to boost their speed.

So if we'd started in 1998, when MGS1 was released, we would have had it by 2002. Also, go play at least MGS1-4 immediately, and MGR if you like hack-and-slash games.

Ideally it'll do the job of several things that already exist more cheaply.

Probably the deadliest part of this machine right there. What's your plan for when all your GEKKOs are immobilised due to an antibiotic-resistant disease eating their legs? What's your plan for when that disease spreads to the people responsible for maintaining the GEKKOs?

does this mean that we'll get android haven troopers too?

Why, just make another one of course! Its a slab of meat, it shouldn't take any longer to make than say, a chassis. I guess the (theoretical) maintenance centers for these things would have huge beef vats to replace each legs every time they're blown up. Hell even then you'd have 'Medical' units on standby monitoring possible infections on the fleshy growth since Biological weapons (i'm talking about the microbes here) would be something to look-out for. And for the staff, just put em in a hazmat suit and operate in a sterile chamber away from the motor pool or some shit.
I could see this thing needs maintenance from a twisted amalgam of a vet and a robotics technician. So you would definitely need some very trained staff to make sure this thing would ran smoothly

Attached: i'dfugthat.png (900x675, 944.93K)

I actually attempted to do this for the Gekko a couple years ago based on cutscene footage from MGS4. My estimate is that a Gekko weighs 1-1.5 tons. The Gekko has a 650 horsepower engine, which is what you'd expect out of a race car of around that weight. The Gekko also uses the same artificial muscle as RAY, which is shown to be able to float, so its density must be equal to or less than the density of water. A full metal mech of a similar size would weigh in the neighborhood of 5 tons. The nearest comparable real-life vehicle, the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle, has a curb weight of 6.4 tons. Also, MGS4's intro scene has the Gekko standing on a second-story floor without crashing through it, and MGS4's first scene with Raiden has him throwing the Gekko into a concrete wall, which doesn't break, limiting the vehicle's weight even further.

Will a synthetic organ even be vulnerable to that?

Probably, since the organs are still vat-grown and thus, organic matter. Then again, tweaking them shouldn't be hard. Lab-grown meat must've been really alien to most of us, since it's meat that was grown in-vitro, so you could have likened them akin to plant produce, but plants are organisms unto themselves unlike the meat there.
Though, relying on disease to disable GEKKOs would be pretty impractical in (theoretical) practice since delivering it is a huge hurdle and you'd be better off shooting them in the first place instead of slowly poisoning it.
Or you know, just cook 'em.
It's still flesh down there, even with all the metallic coating

Attached: BURGIN.jpeg (600x364, 39.37K)

Once again proving that haram grills are best grills.

What the fuck?

This, tombois are 10/10

Agreed, but that wasn't really the issue I was referring to. The strategy of "lol just throw more antibiotics at it" is exactly how antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria are created. Every time antibiotics are used, they become less effective, and risk losing effectiveness completely. Including antibiotics in the artificial blood mix is not a substitute for an immune system, and eventually you're going to run out of different kinds of antibiotics to use, as one by one they all become useless. Note that when I say "you're going to run out", I mean "everyone is going to run out". It only takes one dickhead being irresponsible with antibiotics to ruin things for everybody. Remember when plain old penicillin used to be able to treat just about everything? Doctors handed it out like candy, and now it's fucking useless.
It's all fine and dandy to say that, but don't forget that eventually your GEKKOs are going to have to leave the sterile room to go and fight. They're going to get shot at, and that means they're going to be dripping their blood all over the place. Your troops could get infected, the enemy could get infected, or non-combatants could get infected. There's no telling what could be incubating in those legs - it could be nothing, or it could be the kind of everything-resistant superbug that would make Papa Nurgle blush.

Please read (or at least just skim through):
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimicrobial_resistance
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibiotic_misuse
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibiotic_use_in_livestock
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_drug_resistance
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multidrug-resistant_Gram-negative_bacteria
An example of how bad it can get:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-drug-resistant_tuberculosis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extensively_drug-resistant_tuberculosis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totally_drug-resistant_tuberculosis
Wouldn't it be fun if this became totally resistant to antibiotics?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necrotizing_fasciitis

Of course. The distinction between synthetic or organic has no relevance in this scenario; lab-grown muscles are exactly the same as the natural kind that we all know and love, except for the fact that they were grown in a lab. Nothing new is being created - stem cells are needed to grow the muscles from, like a seed is needed to grow a tree. This "artificial" flesh is the exact same as the flesh of whatever creature was used for the original sample. It only differs in that it grew in a controlled laboratory environment, instead of growing as part of a living thing. Whatever disease could affect one will affect the other.

Pic related.

Attached: culture.jpg (1024x576, 51.01K)

FUCKING SHITSKINS
Plenty of third world shitholes allow you to buy antibiotics over the counter. Fucking shitskins like the red chinese and the pajeets are going to ruin antibiotics for everyone, which thankfully will bring their populations down to more reasonable levels.

Yep. The people who use them the most are also the people who rely on them the most. No more antibiotics means that all the sub-humans are going to have to either stop being such an embarrassment to the species, or die out. Either way, we win. Except for how everyone's going to be dying of pneumonia and tetanus again, like back in the good old days.

The necessary discoveries were only in place by 2005 lol…

What even is it about?

No problem I'll just use bacteriophages lel. The military making this one vehicle could catapult medical science forward 50 years into the future.

That actually works.

Yeah, that wasn't really my problem. All you really end up doing is constructing a military grade incubator.

It'd be far easier gassing them with hydrogen cyanide and punching a hole through the muscle armor. Sure the muscle is synthetic, but it's still based on regular muscles. The ones in MGS don't have this issue because they used a nanotechnological analogue of muscle, later relying on CNT fibers.

Daily reminder to thank the chinks for ruining antibiotics for everyone.

Far better idea, since it gives you more control over what part of the bacteria gets disrupted, instead of the tired old "inhibit cellular wall formation" of ABs. That is until some crazy fuck gives a modified Necrotizing fasciitis genes for Cas9 enzymes, then god knows what would happen.

Why would somebody put this much effort into drawing Bomberman porn as a joke?

Are there any types of terrain or enemy force compositions for which we can say that the Gekko is at a clear disadvantage?

The nanofiber muscles on the Gekko have the ability to self-heal up to a point. They could also potentially utilize repair nanopaste to accelerate their healing, as Raiden does in MGR.

With the superb mobility of Gekko, the possibility of using them to deploy biological or chemical weapons is a terrifying one. They'd be even better at this than a standard Metal Gear loaded with warheads full of those weapons because they can persist in an infection zone instead of just a one-and-done launch.

Natural muscles can never do the things that Gekko do. They're nanotech-based muscles, not biological muscle.

That was intended to be mostly facetious, but it's possible that the base discoveries could have been sped up as well.

Lots of things, like PTSD, genetics, and the societal impact of information control, but all of them revolve around a series of generally nuclear-armed mecha called Metal Gears.

The Metal Gear series is about a lot of things, give the series a try.
Every game brings something new to the table.
The fourth one brought girls in bodysuits that sometimes moan if you touch them on the crotch

MGS 1 is about genes and epigenetics, also a giant nuclear equipped mech built by the (((deep state)))
MGS 2 is about information control and ideas you pass on
MGS 3 is a prequel about why being a zogbot is bad.
MGS 4 is about being suicidal and a steamy diarrhea dump in your pants
MGS V is about making a shitty game where 60% of content is filler and having braindead fanbase eat it all up

And MGR is about how war is fun because you're going to hurt a lot of innocent people just trying to do the right thing while you actually do the right thing so you'd better dehumanize yourself to face the bloodshed

Attached: memes.webm (640x360, 275.45K)

One thing that occurred to me about attack helicopters is that with modern anti-air defenses, they're actually better for defense than for attack. In situations where you control the area they're deployed in, or where the enemy has no serious anti-air capability, attack helicopters are extremely powerful. Their loiter time over a target lasts until they have to refuel. The problem with them is that they tend to exhaust fuel more quickly than jets, but more efficient helicopters could remedy this. Loitering over a target and suppressing it from the air is one thing that a chopper can do that a Gekko can't, and in fact that nothing else can do as well as a chopper. How will Gekko doctrine make up for this?

When does it stop being power armor and start being mech?

They can also get shot up no?

You're incredibly naive to think the hovering altitude for an attack helicopter is the same as a UH-60 and that an attack helicopter would be used the same as a UH-60. The AH-64 has a max altitude with minimum payload of 6,400 m. Sure, with a larger payload you'd still fall within the range of most MANPAD systems, including the Igla and Stinger family, but anybody with a brain wouldn't deploy an attack helicopter to a place crawling with them.

The only reason why the UH-60s stayed around was because the dipshit ranger missed the rope and broke every bone in his body. The other thing to note was that the somalis fired literally thousands of RPGs that day at helicopters that were supposed to get in and get out in a minute. They actually hit four helicopters that day through sheer volume of fire. It was only a freak accident that two hit the tail out of the four received which was enough to bring the two down.

Attached: consider the following.png (410x382, 49.91K)

Power armor is something you stand up in and each of your limbs goes in each of the mech's limbs. You direct it by walking and moving your arms as you would without armor, and the suit takes and amplifies your effort.

A mech is something you sit in via a cockpit and direct it via controls like a joystick and throttle. There are some fringe cases where both are the case, such as the 'mech' in The Vision of Escaflowne where the cockpit is an enclosure you stand in and operate controls that work the same way as described in power armor. Gundam had some weird mechs like that too, I think with the pilot suspended in a goo that insulated them and read their movements.

That works in urban terrain, but your territory isn't always going to be inside a city. If you ask me, artillery can probably cover other terrain types. Airstrikes and artillery serve many of the same functions and operate in much the same way. Obviously your artillery pieces would be Gekko bait if a squad of Gekko got close enough, but that's why you protect them with your own Gekko and power armor/cyborgs. Once smart bullets become more advanced, aircraft are going to have an even harder time than they do against AAA like the Russian S-series, to the point that they'll be all but unviable. Artillery will be much more significant then anyway, so it'll be easy to use it to shore up the Gekko's flaws.

I've actually lived near that guy once
He's a massive assclown who lives off his 15 minutes of fame of falling from a helicopter and sending other people to die to save his worthless ass

Attached: 7ad0ac0979dd351170bf98ca071a2a24d0fd76b6d887303b2cdadccedf17a281.jpg (720x540, 59.75K)

At that altitude it would have to be moving very fast to generate enough lift to stay aloft. Hover ceiling is 4800 meters above sea level, and that's unburdened again. None of that matters however because at those altitudes a Buk will eat them for breakfast.
They need to fly in treetop range to have a chance against SAM, which puts them in range of cannon and shoulder mounted missiles.

There's no safe altitude, that's a complete fiction.

That would work. It would be artillery that can more easily move around. This would be useful for getting into a better position and getting the hell away from oncoming fire. The odds of one getting stolen from a guarded base are lower too. It would not be ideal for being on the field though without sufficient support. One good ied and the legs are gone and then it's fucked. Being higher up will make it a bigger target too. It would have to be really strong at traveling especially shitty terrain. That would give it an advantage over tanks.

Humanitarian gibs put in good use I am not being sarcastic.

It's more like a petry dish.

I think devo bio is pretty interesting, though I don't know nearly as much about it as a professional. It'd probably be too far outside of the main thread topic to discuss the details of how to create nanotech constructs that work like biological muscles with much more power, but if our resident biologist has anything to say about that or knows any resources for it, that'd be great for people to read independently. In traditional biology, morphogens determine how an organ forms. I don't know if there's a nanotechnological analogue of morphogens, and I don't understand the mechanics of how morphogens work. In order to fully understand synthetic muscle, you need to map out the biochemical reaction network that governs it. This would seem to be a limiting factor on which molecules can serve as the foundation for your synthetic muscle cells, because only some types of molecules have the right properties.

It's kind of the Evangelion of vidya. Like Evangelion, saying that it's about giant robots is technically true, but that's really a gross oversimplification. There's so much more to it than that.

ftfy

Attached: autism snake.jpg (1194x1359, 423.35K)

Literal weaponized autism. That gives me an idea. What if some enterprising nanotechnologist created a nanovirus that had the effect of turning people autistic and used Gekko to spread it?

so, vaccines? :^)

Vaccines aren't communicable. Mass media encouraging post-wall women to have kids, though? That's different.

Attached: 1409996873666.jpg (1400x827, 273.24K)

Congratulations, you're currently using an out of control mutation of it

Why bother with that when you can just spread anime? I mean, fuck, I know some of the normalest of normalfags who spergout about Naruto, even though they are over 18. Yes, in fucking Eastern Europe, and not even in any major city.

Attached: cure_hitler.jpg (950x711, 189.92K)

Jesus, you need to get it together and fucking purge the liberal faggots posthaste. Of course I don't really have to tell you this, do I? This is why mecha were created.

I actually wondered about a flying mech, but I don't know what you could gain from that over the Gekko as it is.

What makes you think they are libruls? If you asked them, most of them would jokingly agree that Hitler did nothing wrong.

Sounds like liberals to me. Just because they don't call themselves liberals doesn't mean they're not.