So, what went wrong?

So, what went wrong?

Raw rookies that never worked together got sent in by incompetent dolts to be commanded by a moron that loses accountability of his team and with no cohesion with local support got chewed the fuck up by semi competent ISIS.

Maybe driving around in glorified SUVs as a convoy and without proper reconnaissance is a bad idea in general. At least the comment section is a goldmine:

Attached: kaosu_theory.jpg (1280x720, 137.64K)

They got ambushed, why do people still argue over something as fucking simple as that?! I've shitload of retarded theories and fucking excuses on how could this ever happen. Are you idiots for real?
The entire thing is as fucking simple as this and there is absolutely nothing else or deeper to it:
A bunch of army dudes were driving around in enemy teritory and were ambushed by other hidden army dudes who outnumbered them. The american army dudes died and the bad army dudes got their cameras and posted the video on youtube for propaganda and fear mongering
That's it. That's all there is. That's how combat is. Your uber-super-deluxe special-ops tacticool shit armed special forces army men aren't invisible NPCs from your call of duty game. They have organs, blood and bones and bullets can kill them.

75% White team.

But I'm sure everything would have been different had they've been armed with [insert memegun of your choice here].

You can say that, but they were only armed with m4's
If they had something along the lines of an m79 they could blown them all up. Or a saw to keep them supressed while they run off

Not much. When an enemy outnumbers you, has the element of surprise and better cover, camouflage and weapons than you, there is not much you can do.

Critical amount of retardation happened. Simple as that. Assumption in military is a form of retardation. You see this sort of retardation happen regularly. Retard-containers colliding with cargo ships and killing their commanding officer because some people just assumed that there was no cargo ships in a busy shipping lane.

These guys died because either they or someone assumed that there was no enemies in enemy territory.

Attached: muh legions.png (460x553, 105.43K)

They walked right into an ambush.

Both of those weapons are way too anemic to make a real difference. What could have saved them if all vehicles had enough armour to withstand small arms fire, an automatic grenade launcher, and a tethered drone. They'd be virtually invincible for those rebels, even if they had an RPG.

How so?
Their volume of fire would have been alot larger if even only one of them was armed with a saw. That volume of fire difference (compared to a measly m4) would have helped keeping the enemy's heads down allowing them to retreat.

The m79 was very effective in Vietnam. Although the terrain and environment is different here why couldn't it have been effective in this situation?

Nothing could have saved them, a competent ambush is a fast and brutal affair.

It didn't even have to be competent. It took the sandniggers way too fucking long to kill these poor lads. It was a half-assed ambush but still good enough to kill half a dozen grunts who were driving a fucking toyota truck

I simply don't believe that the four of them could have won a firefight against 30 people with hand held weapons, especially if they are the ones being ambushed. That's why they should have bought armed and armoured vehicles.

That's not much, the bravo two zero patrol in the gulf war took out over 250 Iraqis before they all got hypothermia and fled to Syria or got captured

US special farces.
99% chances the guys that were shooting at them was just the local militia pissed off because of x or y reason and NOT actual Islamists.

The reason most of Nigeria is a no go zone is because the Nigerian army is torching villages and raping people on a semi-regular basis with Uncle Scumbag blessing. As a result there are plenty of places where the Nigerian authorities don't go unless they've brought enough men and firepower, because they know they will get shot on sight if they don't. Not because people are loyal to the Islamic State but because the average Nigerian soldier deserves to get shot…

As a result the locals don't see the insanity of Boko Haram (which even by mudslimes standard is something else. It's what happens when niggers gets only the cliff notes of wahhabism, that's where the "wherever I am, I must rape" is from) for anything else than business a usual and tribe affiliation and factions allegiance is the only thing that matters.
Outsiders get shot on sight.

The rest is the usual "we're gonna be ok, we're American" of the U.S. special farces.

It excuse nothing, it happens all the time everywhere in Africa. Getting shot at by niggers in Africa is the same as any niggerified ghetto on the planet. They take potshot at you for you to leave.
Either you've brought enough fire and manpower to not leave or you GTFO before they charge you with machetes and wear your entrails as a fashionable hat.

Getting ambushed happens.
Staying ambushed is another thing…

Lad a single Gurkha fought off 20-30 Taliban using a machine gun tripod. There's no excuse for shoddy work tbh.

Attached: 573e1b7352bcd01f7b8c3c5d-750-1106.jpg (750x1106, 131.58K)

Thatsthepoint.jpg

These guys are specifically trained to avoid getting ambushed. The fact that it happened in the first place is a sad reflection on their training.

Are you the delta farce autist?

Nigger they aren't human. They are demons trapped in little gook bodies. If ever there was a racial manifestation of the Zig Forumsube, it'd be gurkhas.

Attached: 5768269b9105841d008ca44d-750-570.jpg (750x570, 84.36K)

Don't forget your shit air support that was supposed to aid them, frog. And dont bullshit us with the "Muh weather conditions", I've seen the way you surrender niggers fly jets in the Mali Desert.

How exactly does that work? Is there some kind of training that insures the enemy can't guess your target and cover all exits?

You're asking me to summarize special forces training for you? They might have used different types of vehicles, taken different routes, and hid among general traffic… instead they displayed their weapons and traveled in a column. Could have had outriders and scouts to make sure any ambush was triggered ahead of time, didn't. Could have mapped out exit strategies for every few miles of road ahead of time, just making such a map takes maybe thirty minutes and mentally tells you exactly where the best spots for ambushes are, so you're not surprised. Could have trained their people not to panic and scatter.
Even with all of that, even with getting 9/10ths fucked with your guys running way, the best way for the two cars to survive would be to reverse it back to the village while providing cover fire. It was only 500ft away and had plenty of cover, possibly even friendlies unless these seals were genociding the village in which case fuck them. Orderly retreats work because you can fight the enemy while retreating, which prevents him from advancing…. and you more or less know the enemy is less likely to be from wherever you just came, if you did ANY sort of situational awareness while traveling, than right in front of you where you still know nothing.

I know there is plenty they could have done better after taking contact but my point is that shit happens, sometimes no matter what precautions you take you are going to get unlucky and in war that can get you killed.
Consider the following situation:
There is no way you are making it out without getting ambushed all you can do is handle the situation better when it happens.
They had 3 cars while the Nigerian army had 5, they had no way of making the Nigerians do anything, if they are going to flee then they are going to flee leaving 3. We are told the other fleed or were hit so lets assume the 3rd US car was hit, now you have 2 cars with 7 guys left behind.
The fact that both remaining cars were driven during the ambush is where they really fucked up, if the car can move then you can get out of the kill zone even if the only option is a soft dismount using the car as cover to push out at walking pace.
I know cars are more concealment that cover but that's still better than nothing

Probably the biggest error was waiting too long before requesting air support.

If the USAF showed up it wouldn't have been an ambush, it would have been blue on blue.

>unless these seals were genociding the village in which case fuck them
Why?

How? By magic?
They weren't even aware of them, probably because they were doing something so stupid they would have been told not to do it if they had warned the french command beforehand.

That's a classic of US Special Needs BTW, trust the Nigerian army soldiers (that literally sell their sisters for a pack of smokes) don't trust the friendly NATO army operating nearby that is the only one capable of supporting you and will have to bail you out if things go sideways.

Hell for all we know your "heroes" were there to negotiate more kidnappings, beheading and bombings by guys close enough of Boko Haram to look legit for getting a bigger budget, which is the only reason I can think off on why they didn't want the french to know they were there.
After all it's the same guys that train the "poor Syrians moderate that are totally not ISIS, we pinky swear".

As for the shitty french air support, initial notice was at 1132Z, planes started show of force on site at 1220Z.
That's 47minutes for Barkane CP (Mali) to notify the BA 172 CP (Chad) brief the pilots, prep the planes, launch and fly the 909 miles there is between Tongo Tongo (Nigeria) and N'djamena (at maximum speed on a Mirage 2000 it's a 39 minutes flight…).
It took a good 1 minute to notify BA172 and a whole 7 minute to have armed planes on their way…
Remind me what the US QRA respond time is?It's 15 minutes.
Only when they showed up they realized the US special farces had "gone dark" because being OPERATORS the first thing they do after having called for help is to shut down all their radios.
And keep them off when the air support they called shows up apparently.

Unrecognizable soldiers driving unrecognizable civilian cars in the midst of unrecognizable civilian cars and no one telling which was which…
The Mirages simply couldn't fire on anyone, they just buzzed at low altitude for a while (which sort of worked by the surviving US soldiers own admittance) before having to leave because they were out of fuel (BTW unlike what the USAF would have done, they decided to stay as long as they could until the helicopters showed up, so they had to land at civilian airports much closer than their base to obvious personal risks).
The Mirages roughly managed to stay until 2 Tigers came from Timbuktu AO (300+ miles away).
But still no transmission from the ground (or even anything relayed from the US CP in Niger).
Shortly after that the 2 Super Cougar of the same AO QRF showed up with a platoon of mountain commandos that finally found the remaining US soldiers (all of them WIA/KIA included) and routed the niggers.

You seem pretty educated on the subject except for that part.

Only guys that were there knows what they were doing.
What is certain is that they didn't tell the french command, the joint trans-sahelian command, nor even AFRICOM and SOCCOM before hand.
That leave two possibilities:
Hubris and deniable ops.
Probably a mix of both.

Why didn't they drive off along with other drivers?

Niggers and Amerimutts, what do you fucking expect you retard?
Those two always ruin everything.

How can the white military guys relax around them? It's like living with the unstable grenades.

Because you'd get a bunch of shit if you do the smart thing by killing them and leaving them out in the desert.
I'm sure they all hate up, but begrudgingly put up with it.

You expect the village to protect them after being genocided? Get real Greek.

Poor white yanks. I suppose that some of them must have regretted their decisions to work in the broken military along with the unstable grenades. :-/

They are all likely 56% amerimutt genetic garbage.
The sooner everyone dies, the better.

I agree but I am talking about the white yanks having to deal with this bullshits, not the amerimutts.

The white yanks wouldn't even be in the military, let alone amongst the filth.

Not even the Appalachians?

Hanging out with them must be quite an experience.

I don't think he knows what an amerimutt is.

Things have changed significantly in the last decade, as much of the rural population that formed the core of combat arms either has had family or friends in the service during the current wars, and those of enlistment age today have been strongly advised by recent veterans to stay the fuck out of the military. The population of burgerland is overwhelmingly well aware that all the shit in the middle east is a scam, but no matter how many supposedly anti-war candidates they vote in, absolutely nothing of the sort happens.

Glad to hear that having their friends and brothers in arms die for Israel at least woke burgers up on a national scale.

If they bring the drones with them then maybe this wouldn't happen. Anyway there is no point in fighting against the ISIS in the African infested areas because the niggers will bite the feeding hands so we are much better off defending the white clans in Africa.

Them being in Syria?

The a

The cities are now the recruitment centers. Literally every high school that I've been to has continous army/navy visits (especially the poorer they are) and get blasted right and left with propaganda.

I heard that they are struggling to get them to enlist in Military.

Depends. A lot of companies that used to be jobs for HS grads now suddenly require a bachelors degree (atleast where I am). So all the poor fucks are usually forced to join or be jobless.
Also niggers joining the military by the doves cause welfare.

That really sucks for them because they are just woods to be dump into bonfire to keep the fire going. They should ask the veterans to be their military trainers to get the jobs in the private military.

Then they will have problems with mass nigger deserters during the deployments cause they are a bunch of inept cowards. This is a waste of tax money.

A lot of them are brainwashed because the media tells em its for murica and shit. Also. We still have issues with fucking homeless going around the city and asking for food everywhere because fucking liberals in my texas.

looking back If I could go back I would join the military if my health wasn't bad so that I could get a few years of job experience as a Network tech.

I would probably go Air Nat. Guard. A few years in the military beats college.

That is a very bad news because the liberals will change the way to suit their tastes at the expense of the people life and money. Anyway why are they in Texas? I thought Texas is ultra right wing.

Liberals flooded Dallas and Houston and Austin.
Dallas got flooded cause muh IT and muh immigration
Houston cause niggers gonna nig
Austin cause its the capital and all the kikefags are there.
Guess how the homeless amount and the lib pop goes?
Homeless per capita iirc go Austin>Houston>Dallas and Liberalisim goes Austin>Dallas>Houston
This is why US "investiment immigration is bullshit cause you get a crap ton of Chinese faggots I'm one myself but my parrents came here because they were educated and right wing.. Literally 500,000 USD is really easy for any chinese fag with a local house.

Unfortunately, Texas hasn't been "very right wing" for a while now, between spics pouring across the border and city-dwellers being city-dwellers they're right on the edge. Texas is called the "Republican stronghold" a lot, but that's not because it's a super-red state, but because it's the red state with the largest number of electoral votes.

That's depressive. USA need to become autocratic that is controlled by the white male veteran home owners to purge the corruptions to make the US military great again.

They are in the wrong area and everything went downhill.

Can confirm. The situation will ease itself (at least in the trades and lower half of the "now needs a bachelor" industries) as boomers die off, but right now…
HVAC already has 13% growth and it's gonna double over the next decade as old HVAC technicians die off or retire.
Electrical techs are in the same boat, but since our job is less hazardous it's actually more hazardous but the price of a fuckup is immediate death rather than slow toxic death, so we're more cautious we're not gonna see the figures HVAC is seeing for another decade or so.
Welding is basically fucked because no one will hire apprentice welders whereas all the journeyman/master welders don't want to take them on because while they want the extra help/extra money, in the short-term it will mean working pretty much two jobs until the apprentice welder is up-to-snuff which can be anywhere from a month or two up to a year or two depending on the type and quality of welding work they do and how shitty the apprentice welder is.
Construction is similarly fucked because the recession made them all swap to other jobs in other trade fields (or get a bachelors), so most of the workers won't come back, or will only come back for temp contract work in the summer when they bring in $10k/week in overtime and contract work as a supervisor of some sort. Everyone's still wary of the recession shit happening again despite the increase in wages (especially in the construction electrician field which pretty much told all of their apprentices to eat cock) so they have to import a bunch of illegals to get shit done/are requiring everyone to know Spanish now.
CAD/Machining is oversaturated because their industry can be outsourced to India and China but all of the cheap work goes to the Philippines surprisingly enough.
The rest of the industry from pharmacy technicians and EMTs to scuba diving-related work has their own problems to deal with between the bachelors bullshit and increased cost of living/education with very little increase in pay.

I'm one of those faggots who's waiting for the boomers to die off and who's laughing at these stupid companies that are hiring engineers to do technician work and wondering why they can't fill the positions/why the engineers are doing such a shitty job/spending all day doing calculations to fix a fucking broken solenoid or calculating out price to change out the silver leads on auxiliary connectors/latches for the giant electric motors or worse, cleaning the silver oxide off the plates like dumb fucks. Probably gonna end up joining the military since I'm getting shit pay anyways right now doing manufacturing work that may or may not collapse before the boomers die off/retire, and which only partially translates into technician work that I'm trained how to/know how to do. I remember back in high school we had military folks trying to convince dumbasses to go in as an E-1 instead of getting a trade skill "degree" at the community college and then going into the military as an E-3. None of them now can figure out why the military wouldn't let them serve a second (or third) contract when they were getting out as E-3s/E-4s and couldn't get jobs because they took stupid shit like infantry betting on a military retirement instead of picking up a real rating. Military lied through their teeth and told us all back in high school that the ASVAB was equivalent in importance to the ACT/SAT tests. I mean I guess someone has gotta do infantry and other grunt jobs, but I never got how these dumb fucks could fail the ASVAB or get under a 70% when it's designed to let anyone with half a brain get through with good enough scores for 95% of the job postings that don't require special clearance/training/background checks.

Attached: 7d5c56ba298754da6d2480a0697c41d8bdc1e13e9f6d96569edb096978fd361b.jpg (1570x1536, 216.25K)

In retrospect I apologize for the blog post.

A few years in the military beats college if you have clear goals and go into a rating based on those goals so you have job experience. Being able to look a foreman or factory boss in the eye and say "yeah I served at X base or on Y ship or in Z war" goes a long way and instantly covers for any shortcomings in your training. In terms of anything at the bachelors level or above, the only benefit the military has on job experience are them there veteran tax credits (subject to go away or change at any moment) and free college (also subject to the same standard). At the bachelor level and above you're usually talking with some HR cunt instead of the guy who's probably your direct or one-removed supervisor.

Damn. Here they are in High school and at least half of my class aint graduating granted they are niggers. But instead of being useful they be joining the military or just crying for gibbs.
I'm trying to join the medical field. After all, we need doctors to pull that bullet out of your ass when 1776 hits again

You guys are lucky. I physically cannot due to bad eyesight and previous injury. Also, chink families will fucking murder you for joining the military.

Funnily enough, electronics classes at the CC level were easier than high school classes for me. High school made me do all sorts of stupid "critical thinking" exercises and write about 20+ pages worth of essays every week whereas my electronics training/degree just required me to watch a few safety videos/"this is what we're doing and why we're troubleshooting this" projector slides, and then everything was hands-on working with live motor control panels/PLCs/HMI interfaces, or circuitboards. It's a good feeling when you can intuitively look at a bottlecapping machine and explain exactly what is happening where both in the PLC program and with the electricity flowing through it. I really wish they kept the pathways programs that let people do an "associates of applied science" their junior/senior year of high school in a trade skill so they had an AAS or were only a semester or two away from obtaining it when they got their diploma. I fucking love niggers working in electrical because they either die within a year from doing something stupid and running high voltage straight across their heart niggers have bad hearts apparently to boot or they get their shit together and become respectable adults after watching a nigger electrocute himself (or getting lucky and getting away with only a heart attack or 3rd degree burns from their clothes catching on fire in an arc flash making them respect being alive more). Don't remember where I was going with this, but sometimes putting a pair of wire cutters or a wrench in a nigger/spic's hands and putting them to work like a dog is a quick way to make them value education while also making them cut that shit out/act respectable (on the job/around coworkers at least). It's a weird effect that you don't see too often since they usually just jump straight for the welfare gibs or college degree gibs playing the race card. I'm not sure if I'd call it the "massa effect" or maybe the "slave hypothesis" or something along those lines. Putting a nigger to work makes him not nig as much.

Attached: Life_sucks.gif (213x255, 426.69K)

They took out all the pratical shit for HS classes. Classes filled of how to muh java script but no "what the fuck is a computer 101"
Also, muh intergrated electronics fucked us over. We don't do jack shit on writing now. We spend fucking hours making the exact same outline but with muh fancy SJW graphics.
Man. Feels good to have grandparrents that can teach you that shit

It's not just high school. It's gotten to the point where I'd rather hire some autist who taught himself programming over someone with a CS degree. I've had actual CS graduates not know how to write anything in C. I've had actual CS graduates write programs with blatant use-after-free or buffer overflow bugs, and when I tell them "hey, you know there's a use-after-free there, right?" they look at me as if I'm speaking Greek. I ask them to write a program to send user data over the wire securely, and they make some shit that "secures" the information by advancing each letter by one. Why not just use TLS? 'What's TLS?' they say.

I shit you not, I had a nigger write a program in C that was supposed to iterate through an array and write to it. He couldn't figure out how to into for loops, so he just wrote the program so that it started a new thread, and the thread did an infinite while loop that would iterate through the array forever. I asked him what the fuck that was supposed to do since the loop would never stop and it was an obvious buffer overflow, and I shit you not, he just said that once the loop got to the last spot in the array it would try to go to the next spot, the thread would crash, and the rest of the program would be fine because the crashed thread would be a separate thread and all the required data would be written in, so the other thread would function just fine.

In my experience, hiring is determined by femcunts that don't know how computers work either. So they just hire whoever is cheapest (because the corporate suits don't give a shit how buggy the software is "so long as our competitors aren't better") and whoever ticks the diversity boxes. And these people write programs. Not inconsequential "hello world" shit either, but actual operating systems code, drivers, and internet applications.

When I was a young teenager just getting into programming, I was interested in researching malware. I wondered how virus writers were able to keep finding new exploits. Surely at some point we'd find most of them and the loopholes would be closed, and we'd have somewhat safe software. Now I know why I was wrong.

Gurkhas are living proof that you do not rise to the occasion, but fall to your level of training.

here's the thing: US special forces are commandos. meaning they focus on performing one solid mission at a time and their success rate is directly proportional to the amount of prep time they do and the level of operational support they have. when cought flat-footed like they did here they're no better or worse than any other soldiers, only, because of their specialization, they lack the numbers and a lot of the organic equipment a line platoon would have. no weapons squads, no multiple squads of soldiers, no artillery support. just a handful of staff NCOs with M4s, and like i said, their success is directly proportional to their prep time and operational support. if they have none of either they are pretty well and proper FUCKED.

You have to remember in the Tibet/Nepal region, the nature is unforgiving and hostile as well. Hell, most Tibetans get cataracts at age 20.

America's issue right now is that all the large companies are dictating ciriculum. common core/IB/AP anyone?. I may not have the best grades, but I sure as hell can think independently outside of what the god damn textbook teaches.

I really don't know if it's funny or sad that by now there is actually a movement to teach programing even to kindergarteners. Fuck, some hipster faggots even say things like "I teach my kid two foreign languages, and one of them is a programing language". They of course point at that scary thing called automation, but of course they are willfully ignore of the fact that half the people are below average, and no amount of education will make them useful in a world of robots.

Attached: Deux_ex_Hyde.jpg (836x960, 71.87K)

There will always be work for those willing to work. The technological revolution, as it's shown since the times of the industrial revolution, will not displace humans. It will just change how (most) humans do things.There are billions if not trillions of dollars being traded and invested globally on the projects of a bunch of theoretical/hypothetical ones and zeros that communicate over a microchip that reads the 1s/0s and copper (now fiber-optic) cabling that connects those microchips together.

I just don't see how they're going to benefit from this. A bunch of dumbasses that only know how to write buggy Python scripts and can't figure out how computer security works? Who the hell benefits from that besides some fly-by-night poo in the loo shitcoding company that pays interns $0.02 an hour to shit out webdev scripts?

AP is a perfectly good program.

If anything, look at this as making the chaff show itself even clearer.
More low-IQ mud immigration is the only solution, obviously.

What if Sgt. La David Johnson leak the information to them?

I know this is a hard pill to swallow, but most comapnies rely on just hiring a shit ton of programmers all for one task under the assumption that "enough monkeys typing it out will eventually produce Shakespeare, so theoretically enough monkeys that are at least semi-competent/have a mission will probably eventually produce the code I'm looking for."

As a side note, if I recall correctly, I believe I read that the international community only recognizes coding as a "foreign language" if you know at least four coding languages that are not tied to each other (like C->C++->Python). In any case, it's stupid to call coding a foreign language. That would be like me saying Calculus or Discrete Math or post-Newtonian physics are "foreign languages" because they convey knowledge in an observable/correct, but not necessarily commonly recognized manner.

For teaching kids how to into technical writing/writing 20+ pages/week of documentation I guess. Otherwise it's shit. I always used to get pissed off at the AP teachers because they'd get mad at me for writing a short 1-2 page summary of what was happening in the science-based classes, but when I'd embellish it to make it longer they'd get even more upset because I was supposed to be doing "technical writing." I didn't even take the expensive-ass AP tests and I still got to skip a lot of my core requirements for my degree because I tested out of them for free when it came time to sign up for my first uni classes. If I had taken the AP tests and failed them, I wouldn't have been given the opportunity to test out in the first place.

There's more writing in IB and I think that's what you're more referring to. I did AP back when and the difference over standard classes was just in the test that you take at the end. And the pace I guess. With IB, however, you have projects and writing that you have to do throughout the year.
They're both fine if you're going straight to college because until you get the classes that try to teach you technical writing or design it's similar. There's no testing out of those classes as far as I know but it should be a bit easier with IB background.

That's wrong, nearly all piggies are so brainwashed by Shlomo Goldbergstein's media that they actually believe that Assad and Putin are about to invade Burgertown. And with the brownification of the country it only gets worse due to lowered average IQ.

I appreciate the insight tbh, I'm looking to get into a trade and I need all the help and information I can get.

Glad to hear, honestly. If you have any questions, I can try to help out. If you plan to be a tradesman in the immediate future, my biggest piece of advice would be to not specialize in one field. I'm an electrical tech, but I've also got CPR/First Aid training to work in the medical fields, CCNA to work in networking, as well as my HVAC license. If you plan on doing HVAC, be prepared to try and get an electrician apprenticeship or plumbing apprenticeship, otherwise you'll be limited to only the HVAC systems covered by the EPA 608 certification. Electronics techs make more than HVAC over the course of your career, but we make shit starting out (we're talking $12-$16/hour whereas HVAC starts around $18-$25/hour, but by the end HVAC cuts off around $30-40/hour whereas electrical can go up into the 100k+ salary range by the end of your career depending on what jobs you're willing to work). Electrical has more variety in the jobs we can choose (manufacturing, construction, medical, HVAC, etc.), but HVAC will land you a job more quickly (we're talking fired/quit and rehired by the end of the week) whereas you might be searching for 2-6 months for your next electrical gig if you don't jump on the first opportunity you see. Obviously you can do both since there's a lot of overlap between electrical and HVAC. Same pretty much applies to welding (don't pick up welding unless you're willing to learn either construction/carpentry or automotive) and CNC/Machining (you must know CAD or electrical these days unless you find some small machine shop that you know the owner of in order to get experience since the bigger places expect you to pretty much prototype from the ground up, and be able to use both manual and automatic CNC).

One I didn't touch up so much on in my last post were network technicians. Network technicians make damn fine money in the US with just a CCNA which can be acquired in a year it doesn't matter which one, but Routing & Switching is the most common, and Security is worth the most since it's also DoD 8570 equivalent, and it helps a ton if you get your Comptia a+ and Comptia security+ certifications. The downside is obviously the fact that you're gonna be doing a lot of stupid bullshit, working around people who don't understand computers and plugged their insecure laptop into the company Ethernet, working around a bunch of pajeets, screaming at techs in another department who insist they configured their network correctly, working at 2 in the morning to do network updates, and you'll be absolutely terrified about the state of network security by the time you get through the second semester of CCNA classes.

Ah, and if you plan to do Water Treatment Specialist programs, I suggest saying "fuck it" and getting a year or two's experience as an electrical tech/HVAC tech/Handyman, then going and applying at your local wastewater facility. Turd herding makes good money the main benefit isn't pay, which is about $18-$50/hour, but benefits because it's usually government work and you get PERA benefits. If you get your CDL permit you don't need the license, just the permit to show you are able/willing to get the license you will jump to the front of the pack, doubly so if you have military experience. The Water treatment licenses can be acquired while working on-the-job, whereas taking classes for it will just get you stuck in a loop of trying to find a job but having no experience.

US Special Forces are instructors. Each team member has a specialty they teach as a subject matter expert (SME). They are supposed to have a solid foundation of infantry training, but in my experience the infantry squad aspect has devolved and become the ultimate larp. They give classes, put on Oakleys and roll outside the wire to give "real world classroom" training. This patrol was probably doing exactly that, but the indigs were playing for keeps. None of this gives me any joy, and I'm truly sorry for the loss of these men. I know there is the "zogbot" contingent here, but most soldiers I know/knew would, and have, given their last full measure for your freedom.