3D printed black powder pistol

Plans are in freeCAD

www22.zippyshare.com/v/bijwZxAi/file.html

Attached: Crop1.jpg (800x870, 265.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/05/22/ingeniously-simple-and-ambidextrous-8-bore-muzzleloading-shotgun/
archive.is/NMnGa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cool.

Attached: pepe lives success.gif (500x332, 3.81M)

A really cool combo of nigger tech and high tech!

Looks like useless shit, get a drill press, fire regular .22lr

What's the ignition system? If it's a muzzle loader with ground match heads (or the like) it frees the need for any existing gun parts or ammo. After that it's just stick it in a pocket, shoot a cop/soldier and take a real gun.

Are they able to print guns that don't break after a few rounds yet? I haven't kept up with 3D printing since the early days but all the designs I saw back then didn't hold up to more than a few rounds going through them before they were useless.

Learn to use the print to make a mold then make metal parts.

I understand that sterlok but it'd be nice if they could get material that allowed you to print one of these and get 100 rounds through it before a critical failure. I also see the point of a throwaway pistol (kill a man and take his gun). I just don't see the point in spending a lot of money on 3D printing unless I'm already in the business of building stuff out of metal.

I do continue to seed blueprints for the early stuff just because there was an attempt to ban the files. Shame I don't have the hardware to use them.

sure this isn't a trap?
because it looks like it's machined metal and not printed atf-kun

Is that the one in the picture? Because that looks like a striker fired .22 abomination to me. If it is indeed a black powder gun, then you need percussion caps, and those are also somehow restricred in Europe, so you are still better off buying an AK from the Balkans.
I actually have plans for a metric caplock pistol, as I have to make one during the first year of the gunsmith training. But even that requires at least a lathe, a press drill, a vice, and a good set of hand files. Of course you could simplify the plans a lot if you only care about functionality, but even then it would take quite a lot of work to make something shitty.

I do admit that I have no experience with CNC machines, but traditional ones leave circular marks. A hand file can make a similar surface if you push it diagonally, but I really don't see why would anyone do that. I'm sure it's a 3D printed gun. But you could make a similar contraception from sheet metal, so I really don't see the point of this thing.

Attached: Dogon hunter with flintlock musket, Mali, 2010.JPG (3872x2592, 1.21M)

these kind of confuse me. if your in close enough to where a liberator style pistol would be effective, wouldn't a fixed blade knife do just as well if not better?

The advantage is that that's not a firearm.

No it doesn't, no it's not, and you're an idiot.

The cross hatching you're misinterpreting as tooling marks is part of the rapid prototyping process. The machine extrudes one layer going left-right, the next up-down, and so on. The exact spacing and thickness of the strands depends on the print setting and the machine setup. Furthermore, most setups only use 100% density on the exterior surfaces, with the bulk of the material being mostly hollow. This is done to save material.

Second, the mainspring, barrel, firing pin, and bolts are all metal. The parts that are printed are just flat sheets and brackets, which begs the question of why did someone waste machine time and material on something they could have just as easily made with a hand drill, jeweler's saw, and a file?

As far as I know Europe has yet to ban strike anywhere matches. Early WW1 era corrosive primers are apparently pretty easy to make with basic chemistry, but I've never seen instructions.

I hope he just fired a bunch of rounds and is off to clean the rifle, or that primer pan is going to rust heaven in no time.

Attached: 1458631258865.jpg (478x417, 27.98K)

>implying

Sadly this won't ever happen, this is why I'm working on making an EDM CNC machine with 3d printer parts so we can cut metal. See

Guns made from total fdm plastic? No. Guns that have Fdm plastic that also use metal for the pressure bits like fasteners, the firing bolt and barrels. Yes. Vid related.
3d plastic printing should only be use in the home shop if plastic is strong enough for the job you need done.

If you can figure a way to make a cnc underwater welding work and combine it with the EDM you've made a metal 3d printer.

Tbh, you can get 9mm PAK ammo over here easily, and I guess you could remove the primers and use them as percussion caps if you made a custom nipple for them.

You take out the anvil to the boxer primer and add really fine foil, like the sort you see on swiss chocolate. It'll work then.

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/05/22/ingeniously-simple-and-ambidextrous-8-bore-muzzleloading-shotgun/
archive.is/NMnGa

Now this looks like something that could be "modernized", so that you can make the whole thing from scrap metal and bolts with only handtools.

And how do you turn the powder from strike matches into caps?

Attached: Babcock5.jpg (660x340 53.11 KB, 182.19K)

Attached: ar15 trigger group.jpg (547x693, 85.17K)

All you ever need to know.

that looks like the grandfather of the modern inline muzzleloader.

what if someone made a 3d printer that used wax, and then used those wax parts in lost wax casting?

You can print "sand" molds with powder based printers.

Then you've made a 3d that prints wax parts. Kinda straight forward. Vid related to explain what i was talking about by 3d metal printer by welding.

I recognize that pistol!
Great pistol too

Attached: Badger Pistol 1.jpg (1700x2200 82.81 KB, 336.62K)

It looks like a fucking Bolter, goddamn is that thing sexy. I know most people would think it's an ugly piece of shit, but I have a soft spot for small & bulky guns.

Attached: iwtft.jpg (321x322, 24.51K)

This is actually brilliant, since if black powder arms aren't restricted by ITAR, this can be distributed freely on the internet by 56%rs

If I wanted a homemade single-shot weapon, I would just use a homemade higher caliber air gun. There are videos online demonstrating them and talking a bit about how to make them. They can even be used as shotguns too.

This is what I'm wondering too. Presumably those who have 3d printers want to use it on everything even if there's a cheaper and better way available. "When all you have is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail."

Also, why do all these guns have such a short barrel?

…and now I'd like to build a three-shot derringer-style pistol, if only I had access to .22 ammunition.

Any chance of you posting said metric caplock pistol plans?

Here it is, but I'd advise you to try and make if you want a black powder pistol. It's deliberately overcomplicated, so that you have to use lots of hand filing and also learn how not to kill yourself with a lathe or a milling machine. So yes, you will need a proper shop for this, and if you had access to one you'd be better off making Owen SMGs.

Attached: 03_LŐKÚP.pdf (01_OLDALEMEZ.pdf)

There are also lots of things to critizise, even if you just look at the plans. Believe me, working with them was painful.

Attached: 08_KAKASCSAVAR.pdf (06_AMŐBA.pdf)

Attached: 13_GYÚHENGER.pdf (11_AMŐBA BAL FELSŐ CSAVAR.pdf)

Attached: 21_CSAVAR CSŐRÖGZÍTÉSHEZ.pdf (18_SÁTORVAS.pdf)

And the last bolt. But then again, you could make all the bolts and holes with M4 threads and it would be the exact same thing. You could also cut the threads up to the head of the bolts without having any impact on their functionality. They are designed this way only to make the student's life harder.

Guys please

Where the fuck can i oder or buy reloading powder in the Schengen Europe area for various calibers without permit ?

It is sooo fucking difficult to get acess to it.

It's driving me crazy

I do not intend to harm anyone or be a criminal i just want to follow my passions for firearms.

Please guys, any tips, any hints would be appreciated.

How well would a 3d printed sten jig work?

Prove that you are huwhite.

Prove that you are not a nigger you french motherfucker, you just wait, we will invade you again and play the Pariser Einzugsmarsch again.

Come on guys, i'm just a German gun nut wanting to exercise his passion for firearms peacefully and it's fucking hard doing that only with black powder. Ok cool i have 12 guage and 38 special black powder cartridges but i can't shoot my AR-15 or my 9mm reliably with fucking BP loads.

Next step black powder revolver?

I've been wondering about this for a while now. I've been thinking it might be possible to use 3D printable composites to make black powder revolvers. Though if we the composites can handle cartridge revolvers with BP loads, I see no reason we couldn't do a BP cartridge semiauto with those same materials.

Early Maxims used black powder cartridges. Now imagine a Vickers turned into a rifle. It would be extremely autistic and cute.