Cold weapon collectionism

I've seen just a few threads for knives and cold weapons in general.

Why?

Let's post our favorites, opinions and how to get started in knife collectionism.

Also, how to get people to understand that this is for collection?

I live in a country where if you have a generic ass kitchen knife you're going with the police and if the knife is 'cute' enough for them they're going to steal it right away because 'you cannot have weapons in the street' even though you it's rare in here for people to even have one Balisong.

Attached: Karambit.jpg (474x474 54.57 KB, 11.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascine_knife
arms2armor.com/Bayonets/ustrowel.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Karambits are meme weapons

That's why is posted this for collectionism and not for self-defense.

You have every right to call me an autist fuck, but damn! Bowie is pure sex.

Attached: Bowie Knife.jpg (750x500, 59.87K)

For collecting, it's purely off one's tastes. I like balisongs personally, having 3 of them.

I am not a collectivist, but for a long time I have been searching for a big knife to go with my small knifes.
Because of this I recently picked up the Muela Jabali, it has all the features I want and it was cheap enough that I don't fear using it for heavy work.
On top of that the nice olive wood handle makes it look less threatening and it looks more like a special kitchen knife.

Attached: muela jabali.jpg (1200x800, 192.29K)

I just bought a KA-BAR. How good is it for batoning?

Good for general purpose like whittling a twig into a skewer and maybe the occasional notch but primarily stabbing. Eats shit at batoning since it usually has a second edge where you want to baton at along with the not so strong tang. take this massive grain of salt. I remember reading that the tang is built to break at a certain area like a crumple zone in a car to prevent your hand getting gashed if it does break

Not good for batoning, just stabbing.

I've used these the most

Cold steel is strong and has a hard steel that is difficult to sharpen, but has great edge retention.

Ontario is very strong but has a soft steel. Very easy to sharpen, but poor edge retention. It's great for stabbing and prying.

Charles May knife has D2 steel, very hard to sharpen but massive edge retention. I use this for skinning animals. I tried skinning with the ontario and the soft steel doesn't last. The cold steel lasts about the same as the D2, but folding knives stuck for skinning, all the gore gets trapped in the pivot.

Attached: 7335AuWn1.jpg (711x800 22.76 KB, 80.21K)

If you want just one knife, I'd recommend an Esee 3 or 4. Great brand.
If not them, then Cold Steel.

I have a few cheap folding pocket knives and an AK bayonet.
Haven't used the bayonet for much except opening up boxes and letters at home.

You only need one knoife to save your life, and it can be acquired at Wal-Mart for ~$1.

Attached: one_dollar_WalMart_Knife.jpg (960x540, 38.62K)

Attached: Uncrossed_gladius.jpg (1200x1200, 40.02K)

I've been saying this for years. My combat knife is a $7 tanto-pointed folder with soft stainless steel.
Good for stabbin.
Can't really conceal a 4"+ fixed-blade, so yeah.
Took like 3 minutes to get it razor sharp.
It just needs to survive for a few slashes and stabs in order to save my life.

The key is to not use it at all… for anything… until you need to stab someone with it.

Butterfly knives are actually pretty awesome.

Why need to?

Need some help here lads. I live in a pretty shitty city infested with illegal monkeys and every second day someone gets robbed or killed in the street. Carrying guns is illegal unless you're some kind of official or you're being targeted so I can't carry outside unfortunately. So my only other option is to have a knife. The problem with knives here is that nobody knows what knife is illegal or not. Not even the police knows for sure and they just take whatever action seems appropriate. So what type of knife should I carry and what length? I want to escape legal trouble in case I get searched so I can't have a 12inch machete with me, but a pocketknife isn't ideal either. Most shitkins will probably attack with machetes, 15cm+ knives, broken bottles and baseball bats. I can't trust my life on some half an inch pocketknife.

Attached: thinking.gif (192x224, 51.24K)

imo, any small to medium length fixed blade is okay for self-defense or rather scaring away niggers in your case. relying on anything with moving parts is retarded since springs break and shit can get jammed.
fiskars and mora make pretty good sorta-concealable work(?) knives that are pretty fun sized.
also
>using anything smaller than a zweihander for self-defense

Attached: DdhDgdrWsAAzf14.png (565x541, 165.84K)

This is the Cold Steel Special Forces Dagger®

The special channels in the blade itself allow more bleeding to occur, while also lightening the weapon.
The extra grip handle permits you to hold this weapon even if your hands are covered in the viscera of your enemies.

It is designed by NavySeals™ to do maximum damage!

Attached: Special Forces Dagger (1)

I thought of that too actually. Chances are if I get searched and they find anything resembling a military-grade knife I'll be locked in jail for a month and pay a $2500 fine. Having an orange-colored tool knife on the other hand will probably raise a few questions but let me go on with my day.

Attached: Dangerous-looking-assault-blade-camouflaged-in-urban-orange.jpg (1110x760, 62.65K)

People give this collectionism weird looks and they think inmediately that this is for other reasons.

Shock tasers? they're always for self-defense.
I'm not sure if this is a Cold Weapon but this time…

Any "militar knife" that you find is going to work, just make sure you like it and it has the features you want.

Personally i like knives with plain side head a KA-BAR.
pic related.

Attached: KA-BAR.jpg (1500x1500, 271.56K)

Attached: th.jpg (474x314, 24.17K)

Will this cut through the barrel of an M1 carbine tho?

only if barel build in latvia

Attached: 083333cd007e075ed66185f4f67f8760.jpg (310x348 5.26 KB, 52.28K)

gas yourself

I'm just getting into sharpening my knives, and I need recommendations on a beginner whetstone. Preferably it is:
I don't know much about different levels of grit, so it doesn't matter much to me.

You laugh but…
It would be very dangerous to be stabbed by one.

I bought a King 1000/6000 dual-sided whetstone off amazon for like $25. Works well enough and I think it's a good brand.

Thanks, will check it out.

alright Titus Pullo mate

Where can a guy get a good bec de corbin these days? One I can actually hit with and not have it fly apart.

Attached: 0004031_bec-de-corbin_550.jpeg (550x550, 65.87K)

Attached: dost thou be defecating upon mineself, foul knave.jpg (800x999, 87.8K)

Trueswords sells this allegedly officially licensed USMC combat knife for $20. too good to be true, right? How could a decent knife of that size cost only $20? I've seen much smaller knives that retail well over $200, so I would think you'd have to shell out at least $100 to get a decent knife that could conceivably hold up in self-defense.

Attached: usmc.png (584x588, 167.67K)

Not necessarily made to proper specifications, user. They paid to use the shape and the USMC label.

What can I say, it's one of the few things the French ever got right.

Buy it and torture test it. If it sucks, you're only out $20 and can warn us about it. If it's any good at all you can buy more and have a supply of cheap beaters for years.

Attached: enthused french gentleman.jpg (500x281, 21.33K)

If it isn't made in the USA it isn't a licensed Marine product. You could get said folk into shit.

If it's a real Ka-Bar, it will say Olean, N.Y. on one side of the blade and USA on the other with the steel grade number at the bottom, which in my case is 1211 which is their standard. Also, the sheath snap is supposed to be closer to the top of the handle not at the bottom. That looks like a very cheap bootleg copy you found Strelok.

Attached: ka-bar-knives-u-s-m-c-fighting-knife-serrated-7.gif (505x174, 13.15K)

If I'm remembering AtTheFront's emails correctly they could be made somewhere else; they just can't be made by Child Slaves™ or anything else the Marines don't allow.

Excellent taste user

Attached: e962adb1303810cb006cbef6bbcad205af3db619aecb0c12792396b100d1b702.jpg (1200x1335, 192.23K)

I love Bowie knives, they remind me of seax.

Attached: smatchet-use_1_orig.jpg (615x270 74.82 KB, 10.43K)

Finally become a hasknife today.

Finally.

I'm not sure if this is real Cold Steel though, too cheap for that.

Attached: Knife LPT.jpg (3264x2448, 2.22M)

I stabbed a nigger with that tactical pen once.

Nice, it's actually a really good tactical pen too.

For one, it's really fucking sharp at the end, and it's rather small so nobody notices it.

I see you are a man of culture as well

Attached: smatchet.jpg (379x677, 34.98K)

yes technically it will do the job but why not spend like 20 to get something you can actually use as an EDC?

i carry a gerber paraframe 2. cheap enough that i don't care if it gets banged up, but it holds an edge well, deploys and closes quickly and easily with one hand, and locks open tight and sturdy.

What kind of brand? All the other tactical pens I have seen look like weird dildos.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascine_knife
Wouldn't this or a billhook be the best tool for the infantry? After all, you could turn them into bayonets, and then you could try to use them in melee.

Attached: billhook.jpg (2080x1368 6.07 KB, 576.88K)

user these are tools used by people who today would be combat engineers/sappers/pioneers, so it would be pretty useless to give them to the whole infantry.

Make billhook bayonets so we can bring back polearms.

Why can't we use sapper spades and entrenching tools as bayonets?
Some modern ets even have hollow handles, with a locking mechanism those can just slip over the barrel and lock into the muzzle device. Have the handle as a tube throughout, with the reinforcing rib in the blade also going around the projected muzzle.
Use it as a shovel. Shove it into an enemy's guts. Use it as a flash hider and forward blast deflector. Fold the blade at 90° and use it as a monopod. Worried about bending barrel? Heavier barrel. Worried about losing zero? Shovel now, zero later.
Take it off the rifle, still can entrench. Cut underbrush and wood. Cut enemy throat. Clock enemy cock off with the flat. Throw at the enemy. Grappling hook, wirecutter, frying pan. The whole Chinese ad.
Sapper spade is life

Laix B8-H.

Google it.

already exists my friend, since 1873. ian mugabe from forgotten genocides did a video on one i think.
arms2armor.com/Bayonets/ustrowel.htm

I actually carry 3 knives every day.
1 is the cheap tanto folder, which I never EVER use (will only use when self-defense is necessary)
2 is an SOG Instinct Mini neck knife (this is my beater knife that I'll use for breaking down cardboard, prying something, or as a hammer)
3 is my "good" knife, one of the fancier Kershaws, which I'll only use for light tasks (opening plastic packaging, etc.) It stays pristine, and it's the folder I'll be bringing with me when SHTF because it's so general-purpose.

I find multiple inexpensive knives to be more cost-effective and purpose-suited than one super expensive knife.

Modern infantrymen only use their knives as tools, so I don't see them problem with giving them a knife-shaped tool. You can even make it pretty like pic related. And if it's also a bayonet, then you can still poke enemy soldiers with it. Or do you mean that they wouldn't work as general tools?

I think the main problem is that the shape of a shovel and the shape of a knife are just too different. Maybe you could make a combined shovel-axe, or just do the less fun thing and make different "heads" for it. Although, maybe you could have it all:
Of course, I'm positively sure that in the end you'd just make the grunts life miserable as they have to work with inadequate tools.

Attached: shovel-axe-knife-saw-2.jpg (2912x2912 59.2 KB, 205.73K)

the bane of unpeeled potatoes everywhere