Heat

So I bought Heat on BluRay for $2 at a pawnshop today and just finished watching it. (They didn’t have any cool gats besides some old school R700s and a mint Norinco SKS)

You guys were right, it was absolutely baller. Also, is it possible to be nostalgic for something you never experienced? Because watching almost any 80s movie makes me wish I lived it (except for how cars and women were both about 3 points uglier due to the style).

Attached: 2998706C-B963-4630-9D06-DAFFC4C91666.jpeg (1333x750, 206.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.dot.gov/files/fmvss-quickrefguide-hs811439.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're among friends

Attached: serveimage.jpg (452x663, 50.05K)

At least they were the proper weight back then. You might like Sniper if you haven't seen it yet.

Attached: Sniper-1993-film-images-6540416e-92b9-4fea-b29a-90c6a2a4c85.jpg (530x800 135.68 KB, 94.72K)

You already know the answer Strelok.
It hits me hardest when I read old Soldier of Fortune mags/the works of the Founding Fathers.

Them's fightin' words

but then again, I don't care enough to fight over/for Hollywood whores of the last era.

Attached: red dawn.jpeg (1200x1777 449.78 KB, 177.09K)

Yea Heat is great, especially the bank/shootout scene, a lot of effort went into making it look authentic including the actors getting months of range time.

Yes

I will fucking cut you if you don't shut your whore mouth.

Sweet FN FNC-80 in the big shootout. In the real incident of the North Hollywood shootout, LAPD didn't have any HBARS or long rifles deployed because the consensus was they looked "too military." LAPD went to a local gun store and commandeered long guns to take to the fight. So I'm not sure why in movie land Lt. Hanna (Al Pacino) would have had this rifle. Hollywood prop master must've been a proto-/k Strelok. Very good movie. Try it with a true 5.1 surround sound system, especially that massive shootout.

That is how you end up worm food round these parts.

The worst is getting it first hand from someone. You end up seeing that shit innadreams.

While the music was still good the fashion and cars looked pretty fucking bad during that time with very few exceptions that were usually just inoffensive.
You want universally good looking stuff you have to go no later than early 70's.

This.
Fashion trends at the time were hideous, women had bowlcut bangs or feathered hair. Mustaches and suits were solid at the time, though. Cars from the 80s and 90s were the most bland styling ever seen.

Guns, music, movies and military tech were all pretty rad, though.

Just because it was the decade of the fox body doesn't mean they're all hideous

Attached: 1982-lancia-037-stradale.jpg (450x337 103.92 KB, 41.58K)

nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.dot.gov/files/fmvss-quickrefguide-hs811439.pdf
Cars today look like soap with gigantic wheels and high hoods and tiny windows and fucktons of flame surfacing and inoperable vents either because of or in an effort to disguise the regulatory compliance. It is illegal to sell a new production car that is not FMVSS compliant in the united states (unless you agree to not drive it on the road).
The 41 page document I linked above is a
QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
to the enormous and bullshit laws governing U.S. cars. Europe has EuroNCAP which is also shitty and sometimes worse.
It is illegal to make a good looking car today that doesnt have massive skeuomorphism.

stop writing like a nigger
but yes its kino

I enjoyed it less when someone pointed something out that I will have a hard time explaining here. I wish I could find the passage but it's up and vanished. I'll try to hit the key points here and add some other observations I had:

Heat is sort of an unromantic rewriting of the bank robber in the modern age. The anti-hero Robin Hood figure of old is dead. The crux of the movie is "don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner." Characters on both sides of the law are atomized and disillusioned. They are separated from family and community, and any attempt to root themselves only ends in failure or betrayal.

The opening heist being done for bearer bonds sort of sets the table for the rest of the movie. The robberies themselves feel hollow. Their work is purely professional, done with all the enthusiasm of a 9-to-5. The gang rarely show emotion other than anxiety or panic. Waingro is the only person to let his feelings affect his decision making during a heist, and for this he is excommunicated. The gun fights are brutish and without honor. Nobody gets a heroic last stand; most die instantly after being shot, leaving not even a word before expiring.

m8, you clearly have shit taste, the 80s was the era of god tier sports cars and god tier racing.

I sure do like watching them NASCARs go faster than my automobile'll ever be allowed to by the federal government! Go FOPA!

Ach, the 80s. The good old days when you did not need a computer to get your car up and running. Also those cars were sexy af.

Its like you want me to laugh at you.

They hired ex-sas guy to help them so that us why it is good.

Opel was never sexy. I have yet to find a single car that makes me think "I'd pick that!"
All I see is a car that reminds me that there was a better looking BMW/Merc/and sometimes even a fucking Audi available at the time.
Back when I was little I thought that GM ruined them, but it turns out that Opel was terrible at least since the 60s.
Compared to an Alpine or a Lancia, Opel just looks really, really bland.

I suppose you like women with shaved heads and no breasts, in other words men.

What about these?
Wanderer sind putzig

Attached: Mercedes-benz 540k.jpg (2468x1776 1.69 MB, 1.01M)

here are some less well known and/or underrated war/espionage films i think you will enjoy, OP. i'm the son of a jewish executive producer / ex old corps marine (suck my plus-side-of-average circumcised dick Zig Forums). i've got a knack for this kind of thing.

ronin (1998)
cross of iron (1977)
come and see (1985)
sneakers (1992)
grosse point blank (1997)
master and commander (2003)
the kremlin letter (1970)
kokoda (2006)
the patriots (the israeli/french one 1994)
army of shadows (1969)
liberation (1971)
syriana (2005)
brother (1997)
la femme nikita (1990)
the alien girl (2010)
morituri (1965)
haywire (2011)
mobius (2013)
the objective (2008)

if you want a series about modern syria that will blow you away (if you have the attention span for subtitles handle subtitles) try to find a series called Le Bureau des Légendes.

Attached: 1416045636901.jpg (1024x833, 358.87K)

Might want to check Den of Thieves next, it's the modern remake.

pardon the typos and drunken autism
here's a runners up list:

paschendale (2008)
stalingrad (1993)
when trumpets fade (1998)
a midnight clear (1992)
flyboys (2006)
das boot (1981)
the naked weapon (2002)
empire of the sun (1987)
beau travail (1999)

Attached: 1330698318769.jpeg (500x669, 48.1K)

Absolute nectar

opel's better cars were mostly for export here

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1463x878 2.16 MB, 2.92M)

No one here mentioned Tora Tora Tora? or Patton?
im dissapointed.

Heat is indeed an interesting film, to the point where it actually inspired real heists.
See vid related.

Fucking how?

(nice)
They weren't aiming to kill and bullets are pretty small. Plus they were shooting over a parking lot, maybe 50-100 yards, and using full auto fire.

That and they were strung out on drugs, so proper aiming in order to kill would've been pretty hard regardless if they tried.

Armor piercing rounds don't transfer energy very efficiently. In the blackhawk down book a bunch of the delta force guys were bullying someone that was using the M14, calling him gramps and stuff. Apparently when they got into combat the bullying stopped, mostly because he was the only guy reliably putting niggers down because he wasn't using AP rounds (I think in the book they called them "green tips") I'm still not quite sure why the delta guys would use AP on niggers, but they certainly noticed how ineffective they were at putting them down.

Hydrostatic shock is real, fuck all you niggers that say stopping powah is a myth.

Yeah fuck all those scientist and medical experts that couldn't find proof for this 19th century fudd knowledge!
Guesstimations and anecdotes of people in stressful situations is all that we need!

Wasn't hydrostatic shock, it was non ap bullets doing what non ap bullets do. 5.56 has a bad habbit of zipping through shit, even more so with m855 (green tip) ammo. So while good old 7.62x51 could leave a larger wound channel and even frag, the 5.56 was zipping through without deforming or deviating.
It's bullet design, hydrostatic shock is fudd lore derived by idiots that don't understand different bullet designs do different things.
And they used m855 because it was available and their guns were set up for it.

Like you said.

Uh… plenty of people noted that hydrostatic shock is real, that's why bullets are designed to yaw and why the Yugo improvement on the 7.62x39 was so important. Hydrostatic shock causes tissue destruction, which actually means the tearing of small blood vessels. Tearing of blood vessels causes airway obstruction, swelling, and bleedout which kills the negro.

Attached: bg.png (959x360, 144.82K)

Good to know I will no longer fall for the soft-tip hunting round meme. And all the people that carry hollow-points are just uneducated yokels wasting money on something that isn;t even real.
It's about energy transfer you idiots. If the munition has no ability to transfer its energy onto the target, it will pass through without much damage to the surrounding tissue.

Yawing bullets ain't got shit on soft point rifle bullets, rifle bullets that fragment as well. The Haugue Convention worked after all, even tumbling bullets just ain't the kinda man killers you really want. Real effective hydrostatic shock still comes from the dum dums, and don't trust the 20% gel tests as absolute accurate apples to apples comparison of flesh.

Also yeah, you are right, fucking retards who don't think it exists are ignorant (probably, and hopefully the better kind of ignorance, lack of experience/education), any deer hunter whose reached into the chest of an animal and pulled out a pile of mush knows what it is.

If hydrostatic shock doesn't exist, how did all those gophers turn into red mist after being hit by the ol 220 Swift? Can bullet expansion explain how that skunk in the yard got basically skinned by the old 25-06? Even big squirrels I used to shoot with my 357 magnum rifle were usually just a tail and a head with a thin strip of skin connecting them. My 158 grain soft points must have expanded to a diameter of at least 6 inches to explain away the impossibility of hydrostatic shock.

Won't hollow points and SP rounds transfer energy better because of their expansion, ensuring overpenetration does not occur? I thought that was the purpose behind them.

Over penetration hazards in handguns are almost non existent, missed shots are far more dangerous than hits and shoot throughs. Even in rifles, bullets that hit tissue lose a lot of energy and have their trajectory seriously altered, their stability is harmed. The pretext of preventing over penetration was used to get libbies to allow HP handgun ammunition to be used by police, it wasn't the main reason, or really, a reason at all.

Bullets do more damage crushing tissue than piercing it, so a duller bullet that resists and snags and tears tissue instead of more cutting and piercing will do more damage. Bigger expanded face means more tissue in the path of the bullet being crushed, it also means more resistance and tearing and crushing.

In medium and high power rifles soft points expand rapidly and the resistance created by the velocity and energy leads to hydrostatic shock with crushes and tears huge amounts of tissue because the stretching is so violent it stretches the tissue beyond its breaking point. Something a soft point or hollow point can do that a solid bullet won't.

WTF

Yet non of you had the brainpower the to read the full sentence I quoted.
The point wasn't that hydrostatic shock doesn't exist, the point was that the stupid Leaf I quoted argued that hydrostatic shock is an argument for the fudd myth of "stopping powah" being real.
The myth of "stopping powah" is that some rounds(usually attributed to pistol ammunition and used as an argument why they are better than 9×19mm) are able thanks to a little bit more weight to transfer so much energy to a target, that it will stop instantly regardless where it was hit.
For example believers of "stopping powah" think that if they hit a Nigger in the stomach/chest with the right handgun round, it will make him unable to squeeze his trigger finger one last time and hit them in return.
They are fucking retards, because regardless of how much "tissue destruction" your bullet causes it will not stop the locomotion of a target unless you actually destroy the tissue that is responsible for that locomotion.
Hence why shot placement is more important than putting faith into the concept of "stopping powah", because putting a bullet into a targets brain, spine and/or heart will kill them much faster than just blowing a whole in their guts or one of their limps off.

You don't have to get mad, we agree with you on that.

Hydrostatic shock only causes tearing and tissue damage around 900J-1.3kJ in the body, depending on where it hits.

This is why rifle rounds have such a massive increase in utility over even large caliber revolvers. 10mm Auto out of a 7 inch barrel is the treshold, both .45acp and 9mm are below this region.

I will argue that "stopping pawah" exists, albeit in certain situations with certain rounds. I enjoy shooting my 10 bore shotguns, shot a couple of green mud (sheetrock, drywall construction mud) weighing 60+ pounds a piece with 10 bore factory slug loads (1.75 ounce lead hollow rifled foster slug at 1,250fps) and the rounds managed to throw the mud pail about 2-3 feet. This means if a 30 KG midget is attacking me, yes, my 10 gauge shotgun will stop him in his tracks and even throw him backwards.

The REAL argument for stopping pawah is not that a 230 grain 45 ACP bullet doing 850 fps will stop someone, its that a Fuzzie Wuzzie bush monkey in Africa in the 1800's that is hungry and malnourished and weighed about 130 pounds would get shot by a British officer with his 8 bore blackpowder hunting shotgun with a full charge of lead, this lopsided scenario (which did occur from time to time) would produce results of a man being stopped in his tracks, or at least his charge "cut down".

Enough momentum in the heavy charge to throw him 10 feet through a plate glass window like in an American movie? No. But in reality, we don't need enough force to take someone's entire mass and stop 100% of his force, we just need enough violent, fast acting momentum to alter his running, alter his stance, enough momentum to get one part of his torso or body to react completely different than the rest of his charging body. If a 55kg man his attacking me full charge with a machete, and I hit him in the upper torso with a 2 1/4 ounce load of lead at 1,250 fps, there will be "stopping pawah" because the momentum to his upper torso backwards will send it in one direction while his legs at traveling towards me. This can cause a 'spin' effect, or known in wrestling or otherwise as a "clothesline", I don't need to stop his entire mass or momentum to get him to fall to the ground, I just need to apply enough momentum fast enough, effective enough, for him to lose balance.

The argument that stopping pawah can't exist because enough force to throw a man backwards is enough to throw the shooter backwards is like arguing no wrestler or martial artist can throw someone because picking up or shoving people requires too much strength or effort. In truth, especially in combat, people are not blocks of dead weight, they are tall, in motion, and their bodies have motion, weaknesses, and force can leverage the body.

Yes, shooting someone int he stomach with a handgun might not slow them down one bit, or inturrupt their firing back at you. But hit them with a shotgun, or a high power rifle with soft points, there is enough force to knock them off balance, to force their body enough to lose aim, enough to discombobulate them, even for a small moment, enough for him to lose his shot and you to follow up on the next one.

During the Miami Shootout, an FBI agent was shot in the wrist with a .223 from a Mini 14, described the hit "like a sledgehammer", watched a SWAT raid that went bad with the lead officer getting hit with an AR15 several times, describing the bullet that hit his hand/wrist "like a sledgehammer". Both critical hits managed to severely affect each lawman, both took them out of the fight, one at least temporarily. Sometimes effective shock can reach through to the person and affect them, here high power weaponry and shotguns can make a difference.

Think about defending yourself at close range, and let's say you aim for the head with a 9mm handgun and a 8mm Mauser rifle. Let's say in both hypotheticals you miss the skull and shoot them in the face. The 9mm might still go the spine, or you might put a hole in his face without slowing him down or hurting him too bad. Hit him with a 196 grain softpoint from the military rifle cartridge, you will stand a good chance of knocking him out through the effects of hydrostatic shock and momentum to his head and neck if you don't touch anything vital directly. Also probably tear up major blood vessels for certain, quicker bleedout in a longer fight, ect.

Shot placement is ideal, but it can't argue away the advantages of better damage, deeper peentration, better terminal performance.

There isn't anything inherently wrong with the M885 "green dot" ammo that the operators and rangers were given during Gothic serpent. The problem was that M885 was made to be fired out of a 20 inch barrel and they were all using carbines with 10 inch barrels. Had they been issued 'Nam era M193 rounds then they would have not had so many issues with ice picking during that operation.

Attached: mil_rifle_wounds.jpg (586x750, 62.49K)

I would have bullied him for begging me to hand him his spare mags since his chest rig doesn't hold enough to keep up with everyone else.

I wonder how many Zig Forumsommandos have looked at this chart and wondered which hole is the most fuckable?

Uh, honestly without the fragments I'd fuck the 6.8. I mean I'm a guy who could only think of the smooth silky action of a Garand I bought while boning the wife. I love my guns all equally though.

My dick has a gentle curve up, so 5.45x39 would fit me like a glove. Also, this is now my headcanon for the vaginal shapes of gungirls.
The ones with multiple branches like 5.56 would need to be reduced to a single path though, that shit would just lead to weird health problems in a vag.

It has that squeeze part in the middle, that's gotta feel good.