De-industrialization wrecking Western militaries

For instance, most U.S. military solid rocket engines use a substance called Dechlorane. However, "there is no domestic supplier for this material; the sole source is Occidental Chemical in Belgium," warns the Department of Defense's FY 2016 Annual Industrial Capabilities report. "Even more concerning is that the pre-cursor to make Dechlorane came from China. The Chinese source can no longer produce that pre-cursor and so there is now no source for Dechlorane in the world."

As if the prospect of American weapons being dependent on Chinese-made parts is bad enough, there are already worries that Chinese-made electronics may be infected with computer viruses that would let China spy on or disable U.S. military, commercial and consumer products.

Much of the government’s annual $90 billion in spending on information technology is devoted to Chinese products, offering Chinese officials an opportunity to seed U.S. government offices with spyware and electronic back doors that could be exploited for cyberattacks, said Jennifer Bisceglie, chief executive of Interos Solutions, which conducted the study. “They are doing it,” Bisceglie said. “We’re not even making it difficult right now.”

nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-us-militarys-greatest-weakness-china-builds-huge-chunk-25966
washingtonpost.com/business/economy/whats-inside-made-in-china-electronics-should-worry-federal-customers-study-says/2018/04/18/d06c5252-433c-11e8-ad8f-27a8c409298b_story.html?utm_term=.7b060f60e46e

Attached: th.jpg (474x356, 19.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercomputer
qz.com/1269172/the-epic-mistake-about-manufacturing-thats-cost-americans-millions-of-jobs/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dechlorane_plus
chemistry-blog.com/2015/09/22/the-chrome-plated-mystery-of-the-terracotta-armys-swords/
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/31/Ming_Dynasty_fragmentation_bomb.jpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South-pointing_chariot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

homefront when

And this is why not having your own industry is like digging your own grave. The moment you rely on others to provide you with resources or material, you're fucked and dependent on them. They have you by the balls and you can't do anything about it other than slowly start building an industry that your people have no experience in because you always depended on foreigners to make stuff for you.

You cannot be a relevant worldpower without your own exclusive industry or bank.

Western countries reap what they sow. Almost all western countries really need a good beating.

US industry was killed by unions and gubmint regulations, so it's no surprised we would have to go elsewhere for our shit.

I remember during the bush years somebody told me that the Republicans gave tax breaks to move factories to offshore.

People are more upset about an idea of a trade war than they are about an actual war with Russia.

NEXT ON THE NEWS!

and

This.

Why are barbarians so incapable of grasping common sense? Outsourcing your own shit is only beneficial if you are physically incapable to produce that shit and it's more cost effective to use resources spent on said production line to produce some other shit that you can sell for more than it takes to buy from outsiders the shit you couldn't produce, and last time I checked westerners did not have any shortage of industrial facilities, raw resources or personnel at least compared to the second world where they send their industry to.

>(((I))) was made filthy rich by a consumerbase and a socially stable system in a country

So long as the code is written in America or open source, the parts are inspected for transmitters like the NSA's Cottonmouth, and the CPUs aren't sourced from China, it should be fine.

The question is whether or not that is the case.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercomputer

YOUL TAIM IS UP 56% DEVIRS

What would happen to globalism if tensions in the South China sea got hot enough for the US and its regional allies to put up a naval blockade there?
How long would western economies last without Chinese imports?

Attached: IMG_20180513_222350.jpg (499x800, 39.2K)

They would finally stop being a disgrace to their ancestors and finally build their own industries again. Fuck the chinks. We can make whatever the fuck we want and we got the resources for it. And if some kind of material is hard to find in the only continent that matters aka Europe, then we will just genocide shitskins and niggers and will take over their land and use their resources.

It unironically drives me mad that we haven't done this already.

Right now.
Though they simply buy out everything so they won't need to bring in the army.

Huge if true.

Based free market mechanics at work (^:
Capital knows no borders :^)

I think we'd have holiday trips to at least Mars if we wiped out africa with an ethnic-cleansing virus and used those resources on space research.

Proof that God exists and has a twisted sense of humor.
checkmate atheists!

The thing is, nobody is buying chinkshit in the numbers they used to as in the largest shipping company went belly up because of it. They'd starve due to relying on the west for food import, not to mention we'd just revitalize mothballed industry.

Fall of Rome, but instead of outsourcing to foreign mercenaries, outsourcing own industry.

Which is even worse. Assuming your people have not reached UK/Sweden levels of emasculation with a draft you can create soldiers within a couple of month, heavy industry is not built overnight, not even with slave labour.

We aren't really dependant on China in a fundamental way, it's more of the dependance of a master on a slave.
We can build the same things they can, much better. It's just that minimum wages in the West make it cheaper to have the stuff built in China.

and yet people still wonder why empires became a thing.

US heavy industry was put under heavy strain by even the Yom Kippur War in the 1970s, it ended up not mattering when some fags had a stranglehold on your oil.

Empires rely on strength not vassals.

Trips of truth. Still you and your leaf-bitches have one of the largest oil reserves on the planet.

Or by MBA's looking at spreadsheets and only thinking about their bonus next quarter.

Mask level and doping level exploits are very hard to find. Not to mention that auditing amodern CPU is hard.
All the meltdown and spectre vulns are a symptom of that.

Living wages in general, life is more expensive in most of the west.
Surviving on a chinese factory workers salary would be very hard.

Can't.
They rely on gibs or white farmers.

Imperialism is simply executing law of your country, outside its borders

You know what scares me? It's the fact that our leaders think that globalization solves everything. History proves that utopias aren't possible, and will either end up like Orwell's distopia where the government rams it's rod of regulations up your ass, or like Brave new world where the censorship is because its not social acceptable cause we forgot what rationale thought was when we became a non written society. Hell how many of us can sit through a speech by abraham lincoln?

Related article:
qz.com/1269172/the-epic-mistake-about-manufacturing-thats-cost-americans-millions-of-jobs/

TL;DR: the specific methods used for tracking manufacturing jobs get tripped up by the semiconductor industry, US manufacturing is actually in deep shit and the vast majority of US manufacturing jobs lost were lost to China rather than automation like people have been thinking.

Synthetic benchmarks don't matter. TaihuLight was specifically optimized for LINPACK and they've been having problems finding other uses for it besides occupying #1 because its architecture isn't very good for doing things that matter. China's number of slots on the top 500 list is also deceptive because Chinese datacenter companies test their clusters onto the list even though they're not being used for any scientific purpose, while western companies generally refrain from doing that because it's fucking rude to use something like that for self-promotion.

My source for this is a guy that I know, but I'm sure you could find articles supporting this in bits and fragments. I can't wait until the dam breaks and media types stop worrying about Chinese feelings.

"Economists"

Not entirely accurate. Proto-Congo-Nigger speakers surprisingly reached the iron age not that much later than the rest of humanity I suppose the early-post Ice Age Sahara wasn't so impassable for Northern Africans and that allowed them to develop iron farming tools and weapons that helped them genocide 99% of non Congo-Niger speaking niggers all the way down to the latitude of Namibia and modern South Africa. After that point there were winters that could kill niggers not physically adapted to the cold and seasonal lack of food, sparing Khoisan and other non-congoid hominids from being culturally enriched.

I'm sure anti-chinese american propaganda is a legit source of information.

I will not object to your claims for being anecdotal, I was just pointing out that despite of their uncreative bug-people mentality they can and HAVE surpassed the West in many aspects in a span of decades. It's silly to conjecture that they are uncreative enough to not be able to code their own spyware.

Modern Academics in a nutshell.

its more reliable then pro-american american propaganda because it only needs to tell the truth to point america in bad light

This is a communist concept. The reason life is more expensive in the west is because of rampant inflation, and because corporations know the exact minimum wage.

If your job were to sell a bonbon to a crowd of people, and the money in their pocket ranged from $1 to $15, how would you price it?
If your job were to sell a bonbon to a crowd of people, an the money in their pocket ranged from $14 to $15, how would you price it?

That is one of the many evils of minimum wage.

That's because there are uneducated turds that think automation is bad, and actually voted to regulate it out of existence.

Except that the purpose of Empires (at least going by the European and British Empires) was to provide new (captive) markets for your industry, and to supply you with valuable resources that could hopefully be monopolised. It was an economic project more than anything else.

Exactly. Colonial powers did not nicely ask the natives for gibs, they went there and took them by force.

Attached: 46a.png (645x729, 89.8K)

Attached: 47bd4f9e440a9dea414a5a06407a193b5da5ed6330288a22aecc8843a1ab95d1.jpg (210x200, 9.3K)

Fuck off, Lenin.

Also cutthroat "captains of industry" faggots that slashed and burned all domestic industry with outsourcing to 3rd world shit holes, so they could make an immediate golden parachute escape with all the money.
If we had the balls we would tell China to eat shit and die, flat out end trade killing our addiction to cheap shit.
Buckle down getting back into the buy war bonds ration for the troops type of mentality, but I doubt the Starbucks generation has it in them.
China would fold overnight.

Rebuild domestic industry, close up and go hermit mode.
The sooner the better because we're in a game of chicken not mutually assured destruction, whoever is ready to make the move first wins.
Which will probably be China as they don't have subversives whispering inaction in their ears like we do here.
Before anyone wastes time shove "we're a service industry" up your ass, would take just as little time to undo that moniker as it has taken to establish it.

You're forgetting that money don't real, so before you do all that, you'd need to excise certain (((tumors))) famous for inflation and fraud.

Gee, who would have thought?

Attached: 1516128367307.jpg (479x768, 107.52K)

Second.

China is funding a shitload of US spending by buying treasury bonds though, if they stop the whole world goes to shit.

There is a fucking good reason for that

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dechlorane_plus
I suspect the only consumer of this was the US military since everyone else isn't completely retarded and moved onto less toxic alternatives.

Other than resources, why can't china run a self sustaining ecnomy with the population size it has?

Not enough food for one, and they honestly can't do shit without foreign advisors. They've been like that their entire history.

They're bug people.

Cause muh history is bad and the communist party doesnt want to repeat the mistakes or good things imeperial china did.
Like executing liberal fagots to the 9th generation

If you were to be slightly better versed in history than a fucking american you'd understand. The reasons are not so simple. A traditional Chinese dynasty lasts ~200 years. In addition, it can usually be split by earlier and latter halves by the resurgance of an extremely strong centralized ruler. Prior to Xi's ascention, the issue was that (relatively speaking) was devoluted to the states by Hu jintao because… Well nobody would listen to him. Xi's attempt to recentralize power (and 'fight' corruption) has resulted in a serious split between Urban large towns and rural areas (think NYV libbies vs the rest of the US). In an attempt to keep both side from being fucktards and murdering each other, Xi has to continously try to improve living standards. In this, he has outsourced meat from other countries to boost agricultrual production in other areas. In addition, The current split is exsberated by the fact that the city Chinese are trying to adopt a western styiled set of ideals, which runs against the communist party line. I don't think as the west we need to actually fight the Chinese. Give it 50-75 years and watch it crumble as Xi's death reveals a massive power vacumn and a host of issues that have only been delayed.

I want more of it

Shut up colonial. You only exist to funnel cash to the Glorious Empire of Portugal!

In otherwords, backwards like usual until someone steps in and tells them what to do.

Attached: 1408000738305.jpg (736x621, 102.13K)

What do angiosperm-like gymnosperms gotta do with it? Or is that just a random picture from your literal leaf fapfolder?

Do you even read history leaf? Dear gods. IF you truely think the Chinese were so backwards then explain to me how they have
1) Chromium plating from swords in the Qin dynasty 2)Compass 3)Fireworks (and firearms)4) Paper (And paper money)
These are but a few. Also considering that its the only main empire of the original major classical ones to survive to today (Out of Rome, Persia, Ethiopia and Egypt),that does say something. Does the EU count as Roman empire reincarnate? By your logic Britian, France, Germany, Jugoslavia, Bulguria, Lybia, Tunisia, Algeria, Morroco, Spain, etc are all backwards like usual until someone (The Romans) steps in and tells them what to do. Technology is a never ending race, slacken up and you're gonna get your ass whooped.

Grab the rakes and pitchforks. I can't find mine because I don't have leafs to get rid of

Leafland is the 35th Chinese province or the 51st US state depending on your viewpoint so I'm quite surprised by your lack of intelligence but not by your lack of historical awareness.
SAGE FOR OFFTOPIC

Attached: ab65d8733e9ee418221f971596238ba60b7820620a52a039e33df73fff67b557.gif (500x333, 510.76K)

Ni hao, zipperhead, the opium den is on your left, try not to kill millions of sparrows or your countrymen on the way there

Attached: 7b026c8967d085dc938074e257108c885d6e1538b8103e349eb57a5f5fdbfd66.png (602x960, 370.52K)

China ended in 1966, it survives today only in Taiwan and museums in London.

Unfortunately the mainland that is recognized now is China. You will have to deal business with it if you like it or not.
Implying I didn't say in an earlier thread the current 'china' wont implode in the next fifty years
The thing I love about the US is that you have the power to fuck up the government if they try to bend you over.

You have to remember ancient china didn't extend that far west or north at the time. Also the tibetans were lit fucks who'd regularly beat the Han army cause higher lung and heart capacity

I never said they used them correctly Also how is the land down under? Last I check all the chinks were buying your properties in the cities??

Are you sure it's not just a chrome impurity? A lot of early ores weren't purified into discrete metals, especially considering people didn't know discrete metals existed. The process was ore > melt > hammer the mass into something useful. As such tool and sword steel was often actually an alloys of dozens of materials depending on where the ore was dug.

Plating requires a knowledge of electricity, non-galvanic plating was invented recently.

They didn't actually have a compass. What they had was a magnetized spoon which they spun to tell fortunes.
There is no record that they ever used magnetism to geolocate.

Again, used mostly for dispelling of spirits until white people came along to turn it into real weapons.

Chinese did not invent paper money.
Egypt invented paper, the word literally comes from the papyrus reed they used to make paper with. Anyway this isn't an important or interesting invention, it didn't become useful until the invention of animal based glues, parchment is superior and knot writing is more interesting.

Well if the best you have to offer is this garbage, I want to see the "others"…. for comedic purposes.

Fucking what?!

No. It's chrome lined. Only during the Qin/Han and I believe it was lost somewhere later. I personally and somewhat skeptical of this one, mainly because the swords recovered are from the terracotta army. I wonder, just wonder maybe that there see this link:
chemistry-blog.com/2015/09/22/the-chrome-plated-mystery-of-the-terracotta-armys-swords/
See that sword? There's a Chinese/English explaination there
He's kinda wrong on the writing. Directly translated it states, the side face of this blade, when excavated was shown to be bronzeware with a mysterious element on top preventing corrosion, later identified to be chromium oxide. My chemistry knowledge falters there so I am unable to say more.

Note. This "side face" is incredibly specific, meaning that there were parts of the other blade are without the chromium. I find the chance of an entire blade face being coated being highly, highly unlikely in pure coincidence of the forging. Perhaps maybe the other end was not coated correctly? I think it may have been possible to coat with electrolyic cells, but I certain that the coat would be somewhat haphazard unless my autistic digging of historical works show otherwise.

See picture, I am aware that Zheng He did use a compass his voyages but I am unable to find documents that specifically state usage. I do see maps going from N/S aligment from earlier.
What I can tell you is that although there is use for fortunte telliing in Bagua, those also do discreetly represent direction.

see:Huolongjing
Below from kikepedia but I will elaborate.
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/31/Ming_Dynasty_fragmentation_bomb.jpg
Right side reads: Lantern bone oil mysterious (eg; magical) cannon. Left side reads: Inside hides detonator fuse which magically (explodes upon contact) movment. Sorry about this one. It's hard to find the original text and I can only find fragments without getting kiked. I'll dig around and try to find more.

Wujing Zongyao also points to a semi-portable flamethrower thats just basically a cart with oil and a fucking supertanker (lol)

Ok I see that point on that one.

Printing press is one if you considered typeblocks cause muh chachters not alphabet.
They did discover the use of weed as a anesthetic or they purfied opium. Document wording is strange.
Finally compound crossbow and repeating crossbow. Latter from ~6BC (I can't find the corresponding exact era name but I know it's before the 5th BC). Repeating crossbow I will not call an invention but rather just an improvment.
cast Iron process, I am unfamilar and uncertain about steel being a purely Chinese discovery,

Not going to discuss mathmatics/timekeeping/astrology/music cause I suck at it. sorry.

That was a joke. Did you really think that China as an entity has remained unchanged for thousands of years?

Sorry about the lack of in depth mentions. The main issue here is that classical Chinese makes you guess at a lot of damn things. Going to do more digging by buying the books.

Good to see that we still use rhetoric and haven't fully been consumed by the bread and circuses. Even if it's from a leaf

Attached: TB12wlWKXXXXXaMXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_b.jpg (220x218, 17.86K)

They stopped using paper money after a certain amount of time due to inflation IIRC. Also for some reason instead of using the compass for geolocation they apparently used these wagons.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South-pointing_chariot

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (630x599, 443.46K)

Or the US could stop wasting money on niggers who don't work and spics that aren't even fucking citizens. Then we wouldn't need the chinks dirty money.

The problem with this is that our government is extremely hesitant and secretive about bending us over. It upsets me because I know people would be marching on DC with rifles if they would just fucking try harder to fuck us but it's death by a thousand cuts over here and that's not enough to get most people mad enough.

Attached: fdd104ea0db0326c802b0ffd40352d6802eccad6cb04d4f414f449db00697f86.jpg (540x564, 61.12K)

They went back to using it. Originally AFAIK the paper money was invented cause muh mongols invaded and took all the resource rich areas and dislocated the Song.
Not too familair with this, I think I get the idea? Will check the documents related to this if I can find them.

We at least have the possibility of fighting back. Go see 6/4 and look what happened to those who tried to rally against the Chinese gov.

The only way that thing would be useable as a practical navigational tool is if you were to assume that both wheels are equal in diameter within a thousandth of a percent and you're traveling over a featureless plain with 100% wheel contact and zero slippage. Else cumulative error sets in within a few miles.

High taxes, legal mess and thousands of politicians and judges that weren't hanged for treason yet cripples Polish entrepreneurial capacity in favor of German giants like kaufland, lidl or aldi pushing third-rate goods at inflated prices to a worrying degree.
:^(

Because marxist fucktards completely and irreparably ruined their agricultural capacity. If a foreign power actively tried to ruin China's agriculture for the next few millions years the only way they could have done worse would be with atom bombs and long-fallout dirty bombs.

You used to run your military and government on 1.3% income tax and were a thousand times safer.

you ever think that's why africa is so hugely resource rich? because there has always been subhuman animal niggers running around fucking shit up whereas everyone else has been trying to build society and tech up but floods/asteroids whatever set them back but they just keep trying while africa stagnates?

lol