Firearms Design Resources

Firearms Design Resources

dtic.mil/dtic/
Lots of good shit. Many technical pdfs to satisfy your autism.

thefirearmblog.com/blog/author/nathaniel-f/
Not good, not bad. Sort of a yeah-nah situation.

196800revolutionsperminute.blogspot.com.au/
A blog run by the above Nathaniel. Hasn't been updated in quite some time but is still somewhat useful.

sturgeonshouse.ipbhost.com/
A forum run by Nathaniel. This serves as an excellent portal to interesting resources. Unlike pretty much all gun forums, this isn't endless bickering about the best dah-guun but has a very technical slant. These two threads will be of particular interest:

sturgeonshouse.ipbhost.com/topic/1558-gun-science-library/
sturgeonshouse.ipbhost.com/topic/104-documents-repository-small-arms/

reddit.com/r/GunDesign/
Pretty much dead, was never really good to begin with, plus:

orions-hammer.com/blowback/
Some data about bolt weights and shit

weaponsman.com/
Excellent blog. Used to be run by a US Green Beret called Hognose. Hated commies to no end. RIP.

forums.delphiforums.com/autogun/start
A forum run by Tony Williams. Fairly technical again which is nice.

quarryhs.co.uk/
The personal site of Tony Williams. Mostly focused on bigger guns but he has stuff on the little ones too. He is a turbo autist when it comes to ammunition, especially muh GPC. Loves long barrels too.

defense-and-freedom.blogspot.com.au/
A general military blog run by a German. He seems autistic but in the good way. Covers a bit of everything but occasionally touches on small arms related stuff.

sovietguns.blogspot.com.au/
Useful resource for the shit the evil old empire got up to. Is no longer updated, is now:
tankarchives.blogspot.com.au/search/label/small arms

forgottenweapons.com/
Duh

firearmshistory.blogspot.com.au/
Excellent blog. Remember to avoid firearmshistory.blogspot.ca

smallarmsreview.com/
Plenty of good stuff.

biggerhammer.net/
Some useful info on historical firearms.

nrcprep.com/home/references/DOEfundamentals
Not really about guns, but good general educational resource for technical matters. You need to get learnt on all this shit if you want to be like JMB (PBUH).

Remember this thread is about resources related to firearms design. Generic gun blogs with reviews and shit aren't appropriate. This list isn't very good but it's all I can come up with off the top of my head as firefox is retarded. Gotta love those diversity hire programmers, now pajeet can shit on the street and on the code!

Attached: original 3.jpg (1024x805, 187.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forgottenweapons.com/small-arms-design-literature/
weaponsman.com/?page_id=13081
forgottenweapons.com/wp-content/uploads/Books/Technical Notes on Small Arms Design 1968.pdf
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=8D62C3975CC8F7CD4E9CBCF902CD49BE
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=10DA76A05CD81989EFA3820C3F71001C
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=B22936FE237A5463C7C1CF598414332C
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=D65F89A2F176970E29EC6618727FAE28
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=464A39506CD6B1FBE129E9B49849CAD0
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=C0C9760672AFED86A3F4CB714C081E92
openstax.org/
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Main_Page
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Space_Transport_and_Engineering_Methods/Guns_and_Accelerators
4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki//sci/_Wiki
archive.fo/1NOa1
weaponeer.net/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=458&PN=1
archive.org/details/RifleAccuracyFactsFullV1.0FirstFullScan
archive.org/details/TechnicalNotesOnSmallArmsDesign1968_201805
libgen.pw/item/detail/id/1007151?id=1007151
libgen.pw/item/detail/id/1007152?id=1007152
libgen.pw/item/detail/id/1007153?id=1007153
frfrogspad.com/index.htm
mediafire.com/folder/l1gwot50uq4wo//Documents
web.archive.org/web/20170116013546/http://www.dodig.mil/audit/reports/fy96/96-164.pdf
orions-hammer.com/blowback/
milsurps.com/content.php?r=347-The-Machine-Gun-(by-George-M.-Chinn
bikehugger.com/posts/reuleaux-triangle-wheels/
firearmfiles.com/andromeda.php
firearmfiles.com/files/AR15/11793442-Magazine-Blueprint.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is really nice OP, have a bump.

weaponsman.com/?page_id=13081

Technical Notes on Small Arms Design 1968: (too big to upload)
forgottenweapons.com/wp-content/uploads/Books/Technical Notes on Small Arms Design 1968.pdf

Hatcher's Notebook:
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=8D62C3975CC8F7CD4E9CBCF902CD49BE

The Machine Gun by Chinn:
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=10DA76A05CD81989EFA3820C3F71001C
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=B22936FE237A5463C7C1CF598414332C
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=D65F89A2F176970E29EC6618727FAE28
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=464A39506CD6B1FBE129E9B49849CAD0
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=C0C9760672AFED86A3F4CB714C081E92

Free textbooks covering highschool shit:
openstax.org/
Obviously its the maths, physics and chemistry that you want. Most of you probably know all this though.

en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Main_Page
Part of the Wikimedia Foundation, have free books on things. Some relevant to the science behind firearms design but none about firearms design itself.
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Space_Transport_and_Engineering_Methods/Guns_and_Accelerators
Is sort of related to artillery though, however that shit is beyond the scope of this thread which is about firearms, not theoretical space guns.

4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki//sci/_Wiki
More science and engineering background for the mongolian that studied political science instead of mechanical engineering. :^)

Attached: 7045afeaff179fc2a3a81932e67ab4d5654e1409c40145688a85c1cccfd80f27.jpg (2048x1365, 353.32K)

Final bump

archived archive.fo/1NOa1

Very much true, all of the social classes on that site (history, economics, etc) are completely bluepilled aggressive not worth looking into.

This is exactly what I need! Thank you.

Attached: prinzeugenchan.gif (800x800, 688.7K)

I've encountered a problem: firefox says that all the books from gen.lib.rus.ec contain malware. Is this just firefox being silly, or there really a problem?

I'm not having any issues with it. (Chromium on mint) From what I remember you run a linux distro don't you? I'd upload them here but they are too big. Now go back to work on that ACR/URZ hybrid. Be sure to check out dtic.mil too, along with those sturgeonshouse threads

Just a reminder that the purpose of this thread is sharing firearms design resources. If you have anything, feel free to post it.

Attached: 1523523259420.jpg (620x760, 300.86K)

What a coincidence. If you're really worried, you can use libgen.io instead. I use it all the time and it's fine.

weaponeer.net/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=458&PN=1
The Weaponeer forums are pretty good on weapons design and blueprints..

Attached: 1521659996526.jpg (1920x1236, 1.53M)

It's a .pdf that's almost 60MB, it's not like we can share it here or archive it.

archive.org/details/RifleAccuracyFactsFullV1.0FirstFullScan
Some yank user shared this on Zig Forums some time ago. He scanned it after borrowing it from his library.

If you don't already have a copy of the Machinery's Handbook then what the hell is wrong with you. This thing is the Bible of the metalworking trades.
Go out and get a copy that's an edition or two out of date – they can be had for next to nothing and the important figures haven't changed in fifty years.

Attached: image.jpeg (750x500, 63.06K)

archive.org/details/TechnicalNotesOnSmallArmsDesign1968_201805

OP btw.
Found this on a designated shitting street, regarding magazine design:

I could better answer this question in person, but since we can't do that on Quora, I will just have to write this out in excruciating, old-school detail, but in a way you can follow, integrate, and duplicate in an actual manufacturing process if such is your intent. I can shorten this some by abbreviating numbers to numeral form, but that's about it. Allow me 1st to explain myself–I am a certified old fart who learned math, algebra, chemistry, and nuclear physics the old-fashioned hard-ass way: pencil, paper, long division, protractors, compasses, calipers, and slide rules, so doing this the hard way is natural to me–it was verboten to use calculators until I was in college. A few basic terms: front–the part of the magazine that faces the breech of the pistol, and the direction cartridges loaded into it face; top–the area at which cartridges are loaded into and extracted from; bottom–the part of the magazine or the area or direction toward the area of the solid part of the magazine; sides–the walls of the magazine; diameter–caliber; eclipse–the amount of the round shape of a cartridge in 1 column that is "shaded" by the cartridge round in the opposing column; offset angle–the angle in degrees which provides the proper eclipse.
A double-stack auto pistol magazine starts off as a rectangle in 3 dimensions, front, top, and side. It will not feed 2 columns of ammo configured thus, so we must alter it. I tried to write this out very completely, but Quora has space limitations, so I condensed it.
For most ammo, a satisfactory and workable eclipse is achieved at 45 degrees–the explanation for this and an experiment you can do to verify it is in the longer answer. This angle is accomplished by aligning the center of the 2nd-inserted cartridge above the center of the 1st-inserted round,, and is continued in a zig-zag fashion for the rest of the magazine. Viewed head-on, this produces 2 columns of cartridges stacked in a series of alternately-reversing Isoceles right-triangles, with the long side of each triangle always orienting to alternating sides of the magazine. This means that there is a gap between each cartridge on the sides of the magazine but that each cartridge touches its next-higher neighbor without gap. An Isoceles triangle of course has 2 equal-length sides, and 1 longer side. We orient the longer side always to a side of the magazine. This produces 2 columns of cartridges whose total width is approximately 75% of the width of the same 2 columns if placed perfectly adjacent. A rectangle is a right-angle paralellogram having 4, 90-degree corners. To narrow a double-stack of ammo into a single, central feed mouth requires halving the total width of the magazine, which is done by tapering the top of the magazine's sides inward at 22.5 degrees each, for a total of 45 degrees–half of 90. This results in a convergence zone–your "transition zone"–of height approximately equivalent to 1- 3/4 cartridge diameters, allowing for the top-most round to have been gradually centered in the convergence zone as it moved toward the feed mouth, and placing the next-fed ("on-deck" as it were) round partially in its original column and partially in the convergence zone. Additionally, the front of the magazine is similarly tapered to make use of the rounded nose of the cartridges to assist in moving the next-fed cartridge's nose over the cartridge beneath it in the opposite column. This front taper is also at 22.5 degrees for the same reason. Furthermore, the magazine follower–the cartridge "shelf"–is shaped with a bulge on one side of approximately 1/2 cartridge diameter to force the 1st-inserted cartridge to one side and allow the 2nd-inserted cartridge to move to the other, forming the 2 columns, which alternately stack automatically as subsequent cartridges are inserted. Lastly, the top of the feed mouth is most often slanted downwards, front-to-back, at an angle of 22.5 degrees to point the nose of the top-most cartridge up toward the feed ramp and breech of the pistol for smooth feeding without jamming. This is vastly simplified due to space constraints, and I have a complete, 4-page answer I prepared but cannot post. You may contact me privately through Quora if you wish to receive the detailed and much more thorough answer,

Attached: Brake design.jpg (456x612, 115.4K)

30th edition from 2016 is up on libgen I just downloaded it

Checking out the Elements of Armament Engineering series now. A broad but deep overview of weapons engineering theory. Very useful, even if some bits are outdated now.
libgen.pw/item/detail/id/1007151?id=1007151
libgen.pw/item/detail/id/1007152?id=1007152
libgen.pw/item/detail/id/1007153?id=1007153

Bump.

I read this as FARCRY-3

Now, it's just the beginning of the draft of a future draft, but do I understand correctly that you are supposed to "jam in" the vaguely cartridge-shaped bulge in a way that doesn't follow the 45 degrees criss-cross? Because if I took his words about half-the-diameter literally, then it doesn't seem to work. Pic related might explain what I mean better.

Attached: followerpic.png (1244x287, 71.19K)

Interesting. I've heard that 9mm magazines can feed .40S&W just fine, but the opposite doesn't work, and you can see this here too. Of course I've rounded up the base diameter of both cartridges here. It's still purely theoretical, but it shouldn't be impossible to make a magazine that feeds both 7.62 Tokarev and 10mm Auto, with the proper feed lips. And I also have a trick up to my sleeve to make it work.

Attached: magazinepic.png (943x609, 119.93K)

And here is the corrected version.

Attached: magazinepic.png (951x603, 120.15K)

Other way around. 9mm feeds fine in .40S&W mags, as in you'll get 13 rounds of 9x19 in a ten round 40S&W mag. The problem is 10mm is only 1.26(?)" in overall length where as the tok is 1.39(?)" in length I'm eyeballing the rounds as I type. You'd need a magazine that can handle the length of the 7.62 yet will feed the 10mm, I've played with the idea of getting a 7.62 barrel for my ASR but the magazine problem stopped me

So it's completely reliable?
Indeed, designing that is one of my goals, although I'm still quite early in the process. Magazines designed for 7.62 Tokarev can handle 9mm Parabellum, and that is even shorter than 10mm Auto. But usually the firearms aren't designed to use both cartridges, so either the lips of the magazine are too short, or it needs a feed ramp to reliably chamber the shorter round. Actually, Hoborussian cobbled together a pistol not so long ago that only require a barrel change to fire either of these two rounds.
Now, this is why I suspect that a magazine designed to hold a "theoretical cartridge" with the diameter of 10mm Auto and the length of 7.62 Tok should be able to deal with both cartridges, and you could make it work with 9mm Para too. Then I guess .40S&W should work too, as it's about as long as 9mm Para. I'm not sure if .357 SIG would give any additional problems, as it's bottlenecked.

Attached: magazine2pic.png (955x597, 135.39K)

frfrogspad.com/index.htm

mediafire.com/folder/l1gwot50uq4wo//Documents

DOD CASED TELESCOPED AMMUNITION AND GUN TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
web.archive.org/web/20170116013546/http://www.dodig.mil/audit/reports/fy96/96-164.pdf
H
U
N
G
A
R
Y

Here's a couple ideas I had for possible ghetto designs- things that perhaps could be made without the truly proper equipment. For example, the firing pin on the bolt is an actual flat headed nail and you can cut the groove in the bolt to fit it in with an angle grinder, I reckon. Put in the little holding block and it should be secure while inside the receiver.
The second idea is how to make a gas operated gun without putting much effort into getting a proper piston.

Attached: cheapo bolt hold.jpg (671x415 60.57 KB, 66.73K)

What is the English name of the milling cutter that is used to make the locking lugs of the bolt head? Also, do I understand correctly that interrupted threads are basically just like any other threads, expect that a few sections of it were milled off (with the kind of milling cutter I'm looking for)?

Attached: Bren_barrel.jpg (1200x1200, 64.1K)

Lathe?
Also yeah, interrupted threads are just threats that are interrupted by non-threaded sections.

When making a staggered magazine that narrows to a single feed position, be sure to have the magazine interior narrow enough that a space exists between each cartridge and the one directly above it. Sten mags had a lot of reliability issues until wires were added to narrow the inside. This reduced capacity but made them run as smooth as warm butter.

Checking out orions-hammer.com/blowback/ and I ran his equation to test different calibers. I got answers that seemed way out of spec so I used his equation (bolt mass in pounds = 1.09x10^-5 * bullet mass in grains * bullet velocity in fps * (diameter of bolt face / diameter of bullet base)^2) on some of the calibers he recorded to see if the error was in my data, and his equation doesn't work. I tested 9x19 and 7.62x25 Tokarev and got 1.186 and 0.856 respectively as bolt weights. These do not corroborate with his answers of 1.7 for 9x19 or 2.0 for the Tokarev round. Am I calculating this incorrectly somehow, or his math wrong?
for reference my equations are 1.09x10^-5*87*1390(.312/.387)^2 for the tokarev and 1.09x10^-5*88*1500(.355/.391)^2 for 9x19

Did you forget your recoil spring

There wasn't a variable specified, but I guess the constant spring pressure would be another variable to consider. Thanks for the angle, Japanon

Switch the diameter of bolt face and diameter of bullet base. I get 1.745 lb for 9x19 and 2.028 for 7.62x25. In the spreadsheet he also used 0.0000108 instead of 0.0000109 for some reason; 0.0000109 is more accurate.

Thank you! I want to start designing guns but I want to do it properly.

I've found an other location of Chinn's book:
milsurps.com/content.php?r=347-The-Machine-Gun-(by-George-M.-Chinn
Considering that it's there, other good stuff too might be on that side.

Does anyone know of a pistol design that has a fixed barrel a locked breach and uses the slide recoling as a bolt carrier. And would such a thing be possible

I should add the slide recoling is what provides the energy to cycle

As far as I know the answer is no, but I can see a pistol that has an annular gas piston around the barrel that is connected to the slide that acts as the bolt carrier. The layout of the slide could be similar to the Mars pistol.

Can anyone please please please please help me get acess to reloading powder for 9mm and .223 in Europe ?

It is soooo fucking impossible for me to find any shop or any person to sell me powder without a permit.

Please guys, please help me out.

Can anyone please please please please help me get acess to reloading powder for 9mm and .223 in Europe ?

It is soooo fucking impossible for me to find any shop or any person to sell me powder without a permit.

Please guys, please help me out.

europol pls go

Fuck off amerifat, you asshole have it sooo good. Lucky sob living in the US. I'd cut off my left arm to get citizenship.

Anyways, guys come on help would be appreciated, let a German gun nut exercise his passion for firearms.

Please guys, where in the Czech Republic could i find someone willing to sell me smokeless powder without asking too many questions ?

First off, get off Tor you faggot. Then stop posting like a retard. After that maybe go sometimes to czech republic to a shooting range and meet up with people there. Pretty sure if you make friend with them, they will be willing to sell it to you.
t. Czech

Now for something completely useless: I think I figured out how to construct the cross section of a tround cartridge and its cylinder. Of course the dimensions are rather arbitrary, and I suspect that the cylinder would be too thin close to its centre to support the cartridge. It's just to demonstrate the method.

Attached: tround.png (1312x358, 26.13K)

Did you see the Argentinian 22 1911 with the floating chamber acting as a gas piston.

I liked the tround design the first time I saw it, and I think it needs to be developed more. I'm intrigued by the potential to use it with cylinder-type magazines that have you replace the cylinder with a fresh one when you run out of ammo like a magazine in a non-revolving gun. Maybe a tround thread is in order?

I bet you like octagonal balls and square wheels too.

bikehugger.com/posts/reuleaux-triangle-wheels/

Get away from me, I don't know if retardation is contagious.

Attached: kill-me-now.jpg (474x354 90.71 KB, 23.1K)

Any Canadian who hasn't been infected should have figured out that retardation is contagious a long time ago. You must already be infected.

Does anyone have schematics for MAS-36, or least for the wood of one?

Attached: 1522426941294.png (942x964, 68.17K)

Are STANAG 4179 and STANAG 4181 up there somewhere? Or if not even those, then just the blueprints of the plain old M16 magazine?

Attached: 223 450_magazine_top.jpg (2701x2910, 670.06K)

Attached: 11a060a0d8bb3cbcfc84e381f6de6eb16419045bfba2f280dcb0d4a05d2b247e.gif (500x375, 1.32M)

I've found something potentially interesting:
firearmfiles.com/andromeda.php
It even has what I wanted, and interestingly its from Brasilia:
firearmfiles.com/files/AR15/11793442-Magazine-Blueprint.pdf