Knife fight

I watched this video of Metatron and realize why I was so fucking stupid, in fact, why the fuck is everyone in the internet knife community so fucking stupid?

Yes, you can win a knife fight, yes, you wouldn't end up in the hospital.

You just simply need to follow what ancient/medieval men did when they were fighting with knives/swords, equip yourself some bitch ass armor.

Goddamn so many knife experts (true and fake) really cannot grasp this fucking logic.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_(armour)#Effectiveness
wiktenauer.com/wiki/Fiore_de'i_Liberi#Dagger
wiktenauer.com/wiki/Paulus_Kal#Dagger
wiktenauer.com/wiki/Andre_Liegniczer#Dagger
wiktenauer.com/wiki/Nuremberg_Group#Dagger
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because most people don't leave home expecting to get into a knife fight. As such adding an extra 10kg+ of chainmail or steel plate is not something they're interested in, as it would only make their days more tiring/annoying. It would be kind of cool to have people wearing armour in public, but unfortunately the general populus is less autistic than I am and much less autistic than you are

Also
is not much of a point to make, no shit things get easier when you're equipped for them. The whole 'nobody wins a knife fight' thing comes from the fact that the majority of people aren't able/prepared to put in the training time or walk about in armour. pic is kinda dumb, but not as dumb as your thread spergook

Attached: What happens when her nipple gets stuck between two rings.jpg (500x386, 128.83K)

Nigger you are fucking retarded.

Metatron is wearing mail in that very video, do you notice it? This is a prime example of modern men forgetting the fucking wheel.

But some people do, like me, in fact there's a tiny bunch of people who equip knives so they can defend themselves.

People have been winning knife fights for literally tens of thousands of years.

Edged weapons were the only weapons before guns were available, and this was before modern medicine. If every swordfight resulted in both people being cut, bleeding or getting infected, humanity would have long since lost all of its aggressiveness and will to fight through successive generations of the most ornery people killing each other.

The fact that this has not happened proves the retards who claim you "cant win knife fights" wrong. People who claim that are as dumb as leftists who claim a 9mm from a policemans gun is too slow to reach an attacker before a 5.56 out of an attackers AR kills the cop.

We just lost the knowledge of how to win knife fights reliably, and are all out of practice, simple as that. Its ''not impossible".

Do you have a higher res pic of that?

Lindybeige is a cunt

I don’t ever want to get into a knife fight. Fuck that.

So wear armor, because armor is going to protect you, whether you run or not.

People forget that a stab in the back is just as deadly as in the front, especially the spine.

The danger of knife attack is that NO ONE knows that it's coming.

In fact, one wonders why standardized mail armor is not a cop thing, considering cops are the ones getting stabbed the most, not counting nigger.

Well cops don't carry any first aid kits, so I'm not sure what you're planning on getting rid of to make room for chain mail.

Well, for one, you can't literally use your first aid kit to defend against stabbing attack.

So put your kits in the car, and wear fucking chainmail.

Why are burgers always incapable of accepting the fact that chainmail is the same as wearing any other type of thick clothing? You don't need to get rid of any equipment in order to make room for chainmail unless you're so fucking fat that even en extra 1cm of thickness will make all the straps in your gear break apart from the massive pressure. Lose some weight if wearing chainmail is difficult you fat prick

Nigger are you for real? The joke is spergook, spergooking.

Spergook, I'm a historical re-enactor. I turn out every weekend for training wearing a modern build replica of 11th Century Maille. 1.5mm diameter wire, 10mm inner diameter rings, ~34'000 individual, 4-linked, rings - it weighs about ten and a half kilos. That's not even the heaviest set you'll find. That's a basic level Hauberk that comes down to my wrists and ends about mid calf with a single layer of chain. When you get into the heavy duty stuff (that comes in several pieces that cover you head to toe and is composed of a higher number of thicker rings and frequently uses more than one layer of chain) then 15kg+ is getting optimistic, and that's before we account for the backing and gambeson underneath the metal. Even with all that armour all it will stop is the edge, you'll still get bruises and blunt force injuries through that (which is why you need the padding underneath it and even that isn't 100 effective). In short, fuck you retard you have no idea what you're asking for.

Not that particular pic, no.

Attached: It's almost worth putting up with a redheads temper for that.jpg (677x1024, 492.95K)

Is there armor that protects against both stabs and gunfir and isn't heavy as hell? Or is it just a meme?

You can pick two options, and you'll still pay too much for it.

Literally post proof.

I'm waiting for it.

So? At least you are fucking alive, not being stabbed to death.

I'm asking for a fucking chain shirt, the exact same as Metatron is wearing, and realize how fucking stupid it is that people just simply don't make chain mail to deal with the stabbing problem.

And what is spergooking?

Recommend people to wear chain mail in response to stabbing?

Is that spergooking?

Attached: the_future_of_warfare.png (300x100, 33.05K)

Funny how Zig Forums still takes a massive shit at this considering how useless first aid kits are.

why would you wear shoes if a car could hit you?
50% protection is better than 0%
other than dodging, coming out without getting at least a bruise is impossible
the real purpose of armor is to buy you more time for another hit
also "active armor"(arm plates, ankle plates) are the most effective because you can hit or deflect with them

No. It's this thread in a few more posts.

Spergook harder faggot. If you want to do some actual, you know, research then just look up 'Chain-mail Hauberk'. You're online, you have no excuse for not knowing this shit after starting a thread about it.

Dude, I can literally google a fucking chain shirt, the problem is it's obviously not sold in Vietnam as far as I can see.

You think it's a huge problem to wear that shit, when it's clearly not when you grow familiar with it, literally an undershirt that gets cold under cold weather.

First time I ever hear of it. Chainmail does make sense, so I see nothing wrong with OP. Care to elaborate?

I made some threads in the past about upgrading modern soldiers.

Still not regret it though, literally 2 fucking years ago.

lol

Wasn't that a few months ago?

Dude….

Anyway, I think again, why not wear a metal plate undereath? That would be less heavy and provide equal if not more protection.

a solid plate is like a soda can
it gets poked really easy
the chain re-distributes pressure

weight ofcourse
by that logic you might aswell strap a tank around yourself to carry around.

Not for sloped plate.

A full plated soldier was invulnerable to edged weapon save for the little gaps.

That's not true, is it? Not talking about a full cuirass, but literally some sloped plate protecting your stomach/organ.

sloped?
you could just attack from a different angle

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_(armour)#Effectiveness
I disavow my comment on weight. You use mail armour because you get more surface area around your body, protect the entire area. Unlike a plate where there are gaps.

Quite a while back he made posts about removing ifaks, blow out kits, med kits, whatever the fuck you want to call them from a grunts gear. In trade for them you give the grunt an extra mag or give him an underslung gl or shotgun because that will totally offset the weight for it and the cost of cotton coupled with an oversized rubberband is just too much. This was a few years ago and even made it into a banner as seen here .

Because my self risk assessment determines that a targeted knife attack against me is exceptionally low and wearing chain mail in 110 degree heat is fucking retarded. I avoid crowds, don’t go to bars/events, and when I am in the city it’s predominately in my vehicle where someone attempting to attack me with a knife will have impeded access to my person. Anyone on my property that I don’t know is subject to me demanding to know who they are while I have my pistol in hand. And try being the gray man while wearing armor of any kind in the middle of Texas.

I didn't know I was that fucking famous.

I still maintain the position that modern soldiers carry too much irrelevant fucking shit instead of more ammo.

This is literally your ass feeling confident, but who am I to say?

Better have armor than not.

What matters is finding the right one that fits you. In fact, you only need to protect your torso at most since that's the part most serious knifers are going to go for.

So prank knifers will go for the balls?
What are you saying?

Memorable things are memorable. That has to been a year or two ago.

You know there are kids who wave knife around.

And there are the guys who bumrush you, grab your shirt and stab you again and again in the torso.

The latter is the serious knifers, because it's literally the most dumbproof way to use a knife.

2 years actually.

Nowadays with advance in exo-skeleton, I think we should remove even more shit and let everyone carry an M240B chain-linked to backpack.

What do you recommend then?

also youre probably getting attacked by a towelhead or nigger
not a samurai or someone who takes care of their gear
their blades are gonna be blunt
they WILL have to stab you
if you can stop their arm from reaching you theres no need for 30 kilos of armor
any sort of martial art IS better than having any kind of vest

There is a colossal difference between a cool looking, lightweight, display piece that will make fun noises when you move and an actual piece of armour that you can trust to turn or stop a blade and is thus worth trusting your life to. If you want to spend $20 on a chainmail fancy dress costume and go LARPing around town then don't let me stop you. Just remember that you're the one to blame when it does fuck all. Considering that a large number of the wounds inflicted in knife attacks are to the hands and forearms are you planning on adding vambraces/bracers and gloves to your knight outfit?

I'm not sure if we used too much Agent Orange, or not enough. Better dump a few more kilotons just to be safe.

Attached: Napalmstickstokids.mp4 (1280x720, 8.82M)

Enjoy being stabbed, I guess.

Literally cannot buy chain mail here so I'm gonna bother.

Nah, since they aren't life threatening, ironically, your leg i.e. femoral artery is the 2nd most dangerous since it's big and easy to stab.

So like this dude right? With power armor.

Everyone.

Attached: marine backpack.jpg (1200x900, 153.17K)

why would you prepare for getting stabbed when you could learn how to steal the knife from the attackers hand

Attached: f38e637e1a6afd5ed38cdf1d9604ef3c9bb7fca6354a89d59ff8473d298f1c5b.jpg (471x532, 33.26K)

Dude, you are joking right?

Unless they do some sick shit with your wrist, nah, it ain't.

youre the one wanting to wear metal in the cambodia heat

Which men did in the past, fucking crusaders wore that shit in a desert in a fucking kettle helm.

What matters is resilence and training.

How sheltered are you? Did you grow up in some commie party member's basement? Do you really think that you can fix all injured with a band-aid and a kiss from mommy?
When you get shot you will want to stop the bleeding so a doc can take care of you later.
A tourniquet weighs less than 200 grams and can save someone who lost a leg just moments ago. The tourniquet can be used for a whole lot of other things too, it's not even a one use item like most other medical material, since it never actually contacts the main wound.
Quick clot can stop bleeding gut wounds which would otherwise be nearly untreatable in the field. It weighs less than a magazine, and even less than a tourniquet.
And don't even get me started on normal bandages.
Carrying a FAK into a war-zone is the second most sensible thing after carrying a gun. They are cheap, light weight, and can be stuffed into a pocket.

Bullshit that won't happen in the next 100 years.
While exoskeletons exist, they are nowhere near as "useful" as you make them sound. They function for a limited time only, and require a lot of electrical energy. They also don't allow the user to run, which is something that you do quite often in the military.
They simply lack the response time to allow anyone to run reliably in them, because the hydraulics, pneumatics, or electric motors (whichever you decide to use) all have a response time for reversal (electric engines have to stop and then run in the opposite direction, hydraulics and pneumatics have the same issue for their pumps).
On top of that, they require energy. Batteries or fuel, pick your poison. Both are already a logistics nightmare, and you are trying to complicate things further by making the Private Arthur Verage have to put a fuckton of diesel into his exoskeleton just to be able to walk around and do shit?
On top of that: the reason we don't already issue Machine guns to literally everybody are exactly the same:
Cost of buying every man a machine gun
Logistics of supplying every man with enough ammo for his machine gun
An average soldier receives from three to ten magazines, each 20 to 30 rounds of ammunition. In a logistically speaking worst case scenario, every soldier must be regularly supplied with 300 rounds of ammunition.
An average MG belt is 50 to 200 rounds long. You go through belts like your mother goes through lube in any kind of serious engagement, simply because an MG is almost always fired in full auto. Even if your exosceleton would solve the issue of having to carry up to 1000 rounds of ammunition per man, how would you regularly supply that amount of ammunition to each soldier?
Take into consideration that every platoon consists of roughly 40 men, with up to 4 MGs.
In a normal situation, they would require 40*300 rounds+4*1000 rounds =16 000 rounds per platoon
In your super retarded example a single platoon would require 1000 rounds*40= 40 000 rounds per platoon
You more than double your ammunition requirements. Which means you need more than double the number of trucks and logistics transporting ammuntion to your troops.
In short: your shit is retarded.

How are you going to hold your knife, or theirs, or make a fist, or do anything at all, if your sinews have been cut? How are you going to move a muscle when you are losing up to a liter of blood per minute (and go unsconcious after losing only one liter, and enter a critical state after losing two liters). Even if you win the fight after less than ten seconds, you have only a few minutes to stop the bleeding, or you WILL go unconscious and bleed out in the time it takes for someone to either find you, or help you.

I'm simply going to address the point of arm thing, no, they aren't life threatening, even if you are stabbed in the arm, you can still run and survive.

If you are stabbed in the guts, you are gonna die lose blood fast and die slowly.

Protection should mainly about protecting your most vulnerable part, unless you think you should wear full plate armor everywhere you go.

You're the retard who wants everyone to wear chainmail 24/7 to protect from knife attacks. Should we also wear MOPP-4 level Chemical/Biological weapon suits just in case someone decides to throw nerve gas at us?

Everyone is free to wear whatever they want, but saying you can't win in a knife fight is wrong, you can, you just need to wear chain mail, that will up your chance massively.

But where on the cop does the underslung shotgun go?

In his car along with his AR15 I hope?

But how is he going to shoot the guy with the knife if he wasn't given a pistol, and his AR is in the car?

A cop should have a pistol I think.

A 10mm G20, pistol is better in low intensity situation.

But you said shotguns are better for urban situations.
May as well just carry those around all day.

Wearing chainmal won't make you magically win a knifefight. It's just going to be a hindrance 99% of the time and might maybe come in useful once if you have bad luck.

Why don't you slash your arms and go for a jog then? I am sure you will survive just fine.
You bleed much less when you are stabbed in the intestines, including internal bleeding, since the intestines don't contain that much blood. Sure, you may get a very bad infection, but antibiotics can fix that.

Also: I will stop replying to you now. It's a shame to feed pigs with pearls.

You don't need chain mail to protect against knife attacks.
Look at the way Hussars dressed during the 18th and 19th century the embroidery, cord and pelt on their jackets are actually designed that way to make them slash and stab resistant.
Marines and Seamen during the same period wore leather collars against saber attacks from Muslim pirates.
Its also part of the reason why people constantly wore hats back in the time, they not only protected the wearer from the weather but they could also be used as protection or distraction in self defense situation.
Last but not least people wore cloaks until the 1950 and they have been used in self defense against knife attacks since antiquity.

So you don't need actual armor to defend against knifes, you just need good quality clothes that don't suck ass.

Police in civilized countries actually get stab and bullet proof vest issued. In Germany the vest is stab resistant and rated SK2 against bullets.
SWAT units in Germany actually have chain mail to deal with crazy knife wielders.

Attached: cloak as a defensive tool.jpg (1323x1500 118.22 KB, 215.07K)

While we are at the topic the tie that is usually worn with business suits actually has the same origin as the leather collar of the Marines, the Slavs of the 17th century wore Neck scarfs to protect their necks against slash and stab attacks from Muslim invaders.

Attached: smjena_straze10-090814.jpg (850x568, 80.67K)

Holy shit guys
I just thought of an absolutely, incredibly genius idea on how to win against someone with a knife. No risk of being stabbed, null, zero. Doesn't require chainmail, doesn't require skill really either. Ready? Holy shit man, this is fucking groundbreaking, yeah. I'm going to make millions. Here goes: Shoot him

21 feet rulre

That sounds like an overdesigned character to me.

Attached: Sallai R. Benedek.jpeg (1920x1259 397.39 KB, 286.81K)

That may be true, but the thing is that shit actually worked.
The huge majority of the gaudy clothes from the 17th to the early 20th century are designed with the protection of the wearer in physical confrontations in mind.

Attached: cf04d2a75e1d171dfbcdd158025cbd91.jpg (590x775, 66.51K)

What modern clothes would accomplish the same function without making you look like Chris-chan or an edgy mall ninja?

Drape a shit ton of metal chains across your chest supported by a leather harness, if anyone asks or raises questions tell them they're being oppressive of your sexuality and literal Hitlers.

YOU'LL SHOW THEM WHO'S THE BOSS OF THIS GYM

Wearing a hoodie with an extended collar like pic related, which you can then reinforce.
A thick beanie can protect against light blows to the head, but you can line the inside of the beanie with leather, which will protect your scalp against slashes.
There are also hoodies with fur liners, which are not only super duper comfy during winter, but also protect against stabbings with short or dull blades.
You can buy leather gloves a few sizes too large and ask your local leather worker to add padding to the palm area.
Sadly, this would all be clothes that work only in cold weather, which means you are fucked during summer when most people are expected to walk around in short shorts and FALs** T-shirts.

Attached: serveimage.jpeg (1400x1900, 347.67K)

Any scarf or handkerchief can do the job for the neck, as long as you wear a shirt with a collar.
For a hat look for Bump Caps, they are basically baseball caps for workers with a protective insert, but any kind of hat, beanie or cap is better than nothing.
Then look for a pair of Cut Resistant Gloves like Police or Security use them, there are nice thin once that look pretty normal.
For a jacket look for the ticker leather jackets, depending on your taste studs can reinforce the jacket. Otherwise you want a coat from tick material like loden, felt, wool(from animals) or corduroys.
The more buttons, fur and cords the coat has the better it is. Also any padded vest or winter jacket would be useful.
Equally you want pants that are sturdier than your normal jeans, so anything reinforced regardless if they are outdoor, biker or worker pants are good. Naturally also corduroys and leather pants.

Basically any kind of sturdy clothes make cut attacks less effective, the attacker has to use more force to stab you and cannot just bum rush you with a series of light stabs.
Just look around the Clothing Stores around you and you should be able to find useful items.

You will laugh, but excessive jewelry Mr. T style is actually a viable tactic to get more cut resistance and has been used by many people throughout the ages.

Attached: 265d88e7b255c2b3de8044a60670add9.jpg (1024x1362, 225.65K)

What on earth is going on with his chest? What are all those black dots?
Skin disease because the chains are rubbing across his skin all the time?

Also: Gold is heaver than lead. I always wondered how much T had to carry around all day.

Take the cash, time and effort you would need to train for a knife fight and buy chainmail and then use it to make even more money so you can move out of the jungle where you won't have to get in weekly knife fights with fucked up hooligan gooks.

Attached: ChainMailCops.jpeg (1000x1000, 225.06K)

Don't get shot, don't get stabbed.

That's olds.
Police forces have started to use chain-mail for situations where an attacker is wielding a knife.
Of course this makes sense for them, because they put that stuff in storage afterwards, and get it out for the next enrichment activity. An average person has no use for wearing a chain-mail shirt all day every day. It's an item you wear if you expect to get into a fight with someone who wields a knife and you don't want to (or can't) shoot them for whatever reason.

Attached: serveimage3.jpeg (1536x1024 143.43 KB, 352.97K)

That getup is like a year 8000 interpretation of the past.

Attached: Mideval Modern.png (508x568, 466.99K)

More like a year 1600 interpretation of combat in 400 years.

I fucking lost it

Attached: highest degree of laughter.jpg (517x768, 123.13K)

These don't explain everything, but when push comes to shove you should know some type of unarmed defense as well as armed because a good defense is deliberate. Prepare to die everyday of your life at any moment of the day. You need it all if you want to be totally prepared. Your risk assessment prior should also include a counter measure for when your initial risk assessment of the situation fails and you have no choice but to engage in combat within arms reach. If you prepared, then your device would be the mechanism that you were born with to use in everyday life and will die with. Hopefully not from stab wounds, but it's all up to you how well you use your body's advantages.

wiktenauer.com/wiki/Fiore_de'i_Liberi#Dagger

wiktenauer.com/wiki/Paulus_Kal#Dagger

wiktenauer.com/wiki/Andre_Liegniczer#Dagger

wiktenauer.com/wiki/Nuremberg_Group#Dagger

The most modern use of these manuscripts to prepare for a life or death situation that I know of.

But you do get shot and you do get stabbed, that is why people invent armor.

inb4 muh risk assessment is omnipotencr

Wrong, that's why people invented first aid kits.
Armor is meant to protect you from getting stabbed. If someone attempts to stab you, but your armour protects you, they didn't successfully stab you.
When you get shot, you got shot. Not just shot at.

In all seriousness though risk of being stabbed is like disease, the simplest way to survive it is not to get it. To continue the metaphor, wearing chainmail in order to protect against random stabbings would be like taking regular doses of broad-spectrum antibiotics even while not sick. It might help you in a few unlikely situations, but unless you spend 16 hours a day gargling other peoples diarrhoea it's probably a little excessive. What's gotten you worried enough about being randomly stabbed that you're thinking about armouring up m80?

Attached: perfect for ocular patdowns.png (511x415, 326.17K)

Ok since everyone ignored my previous thread ender here let me pose another.
People here seem to be claiming that since knife fights tend to result in grievous wounds to both opponents, when both opponents are warned and enter the fight knowingly. As a result of knives being "useless" in such fights, they shouldn't even be carried, relied on, or trained with. At least that's the thread course as I see it.

However, I'm curious… why wouldn't this same logic apply to guns? Why carry, train and rely on a gun knowing you'll get grievously wounded if you gunfight with it, but not a knife?

Attached: ppl-390319pmo-ralph-lee-hank-vaughan-gunfight-1500.gif (1500x1200, 1.53M)

Well, because it is an insidious meme, most people who get stabbed do end up in hospital, but they do not die, in fact most knife attacks are not lethal, and that is when the victims are defenseless civvies with no armor.

And people have defended themselves with knives since caveman era, so…

So the problem lies in the weight of armor, not because of its advantage, this is something we solve by making lighter chain shirt, not to discount it altogether.

And the brits and krauts do have a higher chance of being stabbed than good ol' me.

This is dumb kraut word playing right there, armor helps mitigate the damage, not that it prevents you from being stabbed.

And good luck using your FAK after you are stabbed, you might have a better chance give it to someone else or run to the hospital.

They do not sell chain mail in 'nam.

The best way to win a knife fight is to bring a gun, keep your distance from everyone and shoot who gets close.
Better yet, don't go outside.

More lile best way to get arrest.

You're right. Whenever I get stabbed I could just put on my bodyarmor whenever I feel like getting unstabbed, you know cause it's like a disease with antibiotics?

Nowhere but your post does anyone argue that both parties will be warned before hand therefore knives are useless. The main argument is training is better than no training and armor as well as vigilance and good judgement, but somehow one is being preferred over the other when I think all three need to be utilized in hierarchy. I don't here anyone talking about the values of real martial skills. Just have a gun or running away isn't always going to be the available option. What if you were ambushed?

I have a physician in my family who loves to go off on med kits and how they are useless. In particular the tourniquets.
The rubber ones which you often find that are about an inch in diameter are not designed to stop life threatening bleed-outs from arterial hemorrhaging. They're designed to take blood.
If you ever are in a situation where someone has had an artery opened such as in a case of losing a leg you will want to use their belt and yours too as well as any one else around. You will want to go for maximum surface area and maximum tightness.

For some reason the idea of being attacked with a knife scares me more than being attacked with a gun. Does anyone else feel that way? Despite knowing in my brain that a gun is extremely dangerous, the idea of staring down the barrel of a gun doesn't wrench my gut as much as the idea of being threatened with a knife.

What brought about that rant was an incident where he works at a urgent care center. Someone came in with their ulnar and radial arteries severed at the wrist. Work place accident, they came in holding a bucket to contain the blood. At the time they entered the clinic the patient had lost something north of a pint of blood and the bleeding was not stopping. One of the nurses initially tried to stop the bleeding with three of the rubber tourniquets and failed. A doctor came around and found her panicked with a medical technician, one holding the arm and the other cranking one of the tourniquets as hard as she could, literally leaning back. He made the correct call to place the patient in a blood pressure cuff and set it to maximum inflation. By the time the ambulance arrived to transport the patient to the emergency room the bleeding had been stopped.
TL;DR rubber tourniquets are trash even if cranked to the max and you can get more milage with a wider surface of compression with less pressure.

or, maybe dont buy a shitty tourniquet, dotard