Luftwaffe Sword

Help wanted on how to get rid of rust on an old sword
Friend has it, and I want to restore it a bit. It has rusted/corroded a bit near base, but otherwise is in relatively good condition.
FYI, it was found behind the wall where my friend found the sword.

Feel free to ask about specs, etc
Just looking for advice, really. Gonna see my friend soon, so I want to see if I can get things done.

Pic related

Attached: Luftwaffe Example.jpg (600x399, 36.31K)

What you'll need for light rust:

What you may need for heavier rust (be very careful selecting these)
DO NOT USE ABRASIVES OR ACIDS ON THIS
Your goal is to remove the red oxide on the sword without removing or damaging anything else on it. Be patient and work at it with the toothbrush, cotton swabs and rags before moving to anything more dramatic, and post pics of what it actually looks like before you start.

Thanks, m8.
Don't have the sword now, but I figured it's best to know now, then ask later. I'll have limited time with it anyway. BTW, if this changes anything, the corrosion was caused by bile. (friend lives in woods, raccoon came in his cabin once, had to flush it out of chimney)
Appreciate the advice, nonetheless.

What the actual fuck. Some of the most aesthetic fuckers to walk the earth, but they decide to carry around that candy ass bullshit on their hip. Whoever designed that shit should've been gassed.

Attached: 67ba3fd556346ba84d117c73583fb3d18eb363506af109b4564ffa9f747ef0dd.jpg (600x450, 73.28K)

Luftwaffe is the air force, mate.

It's fitting for the airforce, a bit like something a Valkyrie would use.
Death to pagans.

So you want to destroy value of friend sword?

Now I want to see combat footage of Luwtwaffle pilots leaning out of the cockpits of their Bf109s and trying to stab the enemy.

Wouldn't they want a saber for that?
Honestly, you'd think Germans would have put more thought into this before issuing faux Viking swords willy nilly.

The swords were more ceremonial, I think. Given to officers and shit.

No, but the huge corroded bit I want to clean up. The blade has been sitting around for 30+years, little to no care done.

Yes the German Army back then had a shit tone of ceremonial stuff, including almost all the swords and daggers from that time.
Later Luftwaffe Swords were made of aluminum, so OP should look up is he has an older one or one made of aluminum before trying to clean it.

OP said he saw rust on his. Assuming it's actual rust and not something else it's almost certainly one of the older swords, I wouldn't imagine that 1020 series aluminum is all that prone to corrosion.

Yep. It's older model. Blade is about same as original picture, just different coloration. Made by Alcoso - Solingen. Not aluminum, that's for sure. Also, there is rust, but also corrosion. (As mentioned, raccoon bile did a number on the blade.)

Pic Very related

Attached: Maker's Mark.jpg (150x150, 19.45K)

To be entirely fair, going by the autism we saw from 3rd reich R&D/procurement, using a straight blade for that would not be particularly bad by their standards.

That would be retarded a lance would do a far batter job.

The plane is already the lance, the sword is for CQC.

Hehe it looks like the zorldo sword

Why did japanese game man copy luftwaffle sword design?

Because the Jew fears the Samurai.

Here you go

Attached: 71fnrztW1hL._SY450_[1].jpg (375x450, 33.98K)

That will decrease it's value. Leave it as it is.

would these same things work for a rifle? My K31 has a spot of rust on the top end of its barrel. I've tried going over it with grease and cotton cloth, but it's not really getting it off.

Rusty metal is rusty metal. The problem with what you're doing is that grease won't penetrate into rust like a liquid oil would. You should be seeing red-orange on your cloth if anything is actually being taken off.

Don't. That shit'll strip it down to the bare metal.