Gunbroker Stories

I'm trying to buy from one of the top sellers on gb, Ritchie's Pawn. The fucker hasn't even performed seller review, now 4 days later. I literally can't pay yet jej (I'm not salty, because I knew he was slow af from the reviews, but still, holy fuck dude). Got any crazy gb stories (especially since I'll be buying a used G21 in the coming months, once I save enough).

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1175x791, 318.77K)

And, yes, that's business days.

Took a couple months once to get a gun because some computer pooped the bed. They at one point denied I bought it. Got free shipping though eventually.
Basically, with Gunbroker you'll get your order at some point in the future. If you care about specific times, go to a store.

lol

I reckon I'll probably get off easy, then. I'm doing this primarily because I want to give someone who isn't a big box store some business. Buds has the same price (a little lower, counting the gb guy's shipping).

Fuck off back to cuckchan, you ponyfag

I remember hearing a story about a guy returning a gun through the postal service to the original FFL he got it from; the USPS dropped it off at the wrong address about a month after it was supposed to arrive at the actual location and he got a call from the guy who actually got it saying he was going to call the police and such. Cops did get involved and the gun was dropped off at the intended destination.

Just an example of the weird shit on gb. I am obviously not a buyer (note there are no bids, thankfully). However, should you be interested, there are 22 hours remaining, and there is no FFL required.

You can just say you watch cokeman, user. We won't bully you more than necessary.

Cokeman's so far out of the scene that I forgot he existed.

Bought a G98, I prefer the full musket style to the karbine, got it for a great price, only to realize that the stock had been over sanded down to give it a nicer appearance, didn't have matching bolt, bolt isn't straight like it should be, loose bayonet lug that flopped off after a few rounds because of said wood sanding. Still, it was cheap, but far from the gun I wanted or was presented.

Bought a nice 10 bore Mercury Magnum. Fucker has a dented barrel ( must have been one helluva impact to dent that thick piece of iron) and the impact was enough that its enough out of spec that when you fire both barrels, breaking the action is extremely difficult. Got fucked on that one.

Got a S&W M-22 that was advertised as new old stock. Might have been essentially, but it had a sticker on it that said it was on consignment from some guy, but all the packaging was correct at least. All the screws were loose and the mainspring screw kept backing out causing light primer strikes after thousands of rounds of reloads put through it. Not happy.

Got a Rio 92 44 magnum, mainspring guide was fucking BENT and I had to tear it apart to get it to work right.

After these experiences, I won't buy used guns through them again, only ones I can inspect in person before the purchase. Wanted a new FAL, so I broke down and ordered one from DSA directly, not going through any horseshit on someone who beat up a "new" gun and selling it as "new" and get another experience.

A good warning. I was considering buying a used glock from gb next.

Though, I will add, some auctions now allow you to shoot the danged thing before you buy. It's called "take a shot."

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1161x871, 278.13K)

Update, a week of total silence. Maybe Ritchie's Pawn works on Saturdays?

May as well contact GunBroker.

Thanks for the encouragement! Good advice. sage because adds nothing to the discussion, minimize me-whoring

Bought a G19 Vickers Tactical slide. Came in like 2 weeks, came as described, a few nicks here and there but pretty much perfect condition.

I've had nothing but good experiences with GB so far. Depending on what it is you're going for you have to learn to be picky, and know not to overbid. So far I've won a CZ 75, a P226, and a K31 all in excellent condition and for good prices.

How much did you nab the k31 for? Its on my list and what the p226 is it a west german one or a newer one?

I got a west german p226 from wideners reloading I think, it was from a police department. good shape overall, it just needed new grips as the old ones were tacky and didn't allow the decocker to slide smoothly. I replaced all of the springs as well just because. I expect it to outlast my life :p

Around 700 I believe, but if you look around you can probably find it for less.

The frame has Exeter import markings so I assume it was put together in the US as an import model (although forged in Germany). Not sure of the exact origins, but it's chambered in .357 SIG and has the DAK trigger so it's possible that it was an LEO trade-in.

Update, if anyone cares - they made it right.

update-update, should any care - actually, it's a used item sold as new, so worn, in fact, I shall have to send it in for repair. The warranty is apparently good enough, but they ripped me off, in that they charged me the new price for a used (somewhat abused) firearm.

But I'm kind of glad it happened, because it's taught me to never ever use gunbroker. Ever. (Or a pawnshop, for anything. Ever.)

Bonus, I noticed that I could have gotten the thing cheaper, new, at Bud's LOL. What a christfuck of a shitshow gunbroker is! But I got off easy. Some shipping & some patience & I'll be good as new. *(Actually, I think I'll probably just see if they'll send me a new spring & another part, because this looks pretty fucking easy)

If anyone says they're going to use gunbroker, strangle them to death right there. It is a mercy killing, and they will thank you, upon the spirit plane.

I never read into this I thought it was so you can put in an offer below there starting bid should no one seem to be bidding.

Also to contribute,
I've never had a bad experience in GB, so far thankfully.
I actually have a batch of 7 SNS I picked up from GB. Little over $200 shipped.
2 are hi points, 1 in 45 the other in 40.
Total gb buys are about 15ish now.