Not-so-poorfag/Bang-for-your-buck Items

Let's have a thread for guns and gun parts that aren't quite at the bottom of the barrel, but still affordable with much higher value for their price. Pics related are the optics I'm using on my gun right now, and they are just the shit.

Similar to an Aimpoint micro, but with an Eotech reticle. Also has a solar panel for pseudo-Trijicon auto brightness adjust based on ambient light (it helps with battery life too but the auto-brightness is the important part if you ask me). Battery life is on par with Aimpoints, and this model at least has the same durability ratings, and is made from the same material (7075 aluminum), as an MRO. There are hundreds of kiketube videos of Holosuns getting dropped and abused without issue, and with these "high end" models you get lifetime warranty for the housing and 10 years for electronics. Not quite Vortex levels of warranty but still damn good. It's pricier than other "budget" red dots at 340, but it's still a good deal cheaper than the big brands, and has features that they don't have like the solar panel. Apologies if I sound like a shill but I just think this is a damn good sight.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (978x550 745.37 KB, 207.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

opticsplanet.com/holosun-infiniti-hs401r5-red-dot-sight-red-laser.html?_iv_code=28Y-RD-INFRDS-HS402D
amazon.com/Sightmark-SM26021-Wolverine-CSR-Sight/dp/B00TOKD8K6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1528739349&sr=8-4&keywords=wolverine csr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All ok, but I've gotten used eotechs on ebay for like $200 before. Aimpoints $250+, trijicon fiber sights $200ish.

This, if you can't shoot well with ironsights, you shouldn't shoot at all.

Fair enough, and that's a good option for some. The thing I like about Holosun is the gimmicks they provide though, like the solar panel and the Shake-awake.

Buddhism thread?

Attached: comic_girls_fuura_posing.jpg (1280x720, 82.9K)

Tengri thread?

Attached: suka blyat is now a racial slur.png (1440x2560, 1.47M)

I bought the Vortex Sparc AR because I love the fact that it uses standard AAA batteries. However I also bought the magnifier like in OP's pic, and it works okay with the Sparc AR but it's not ideal since the Sparc's lens diameter smaller than the Sparc II so things look a bit darker through the magnifier. I'm considering selling the Sparc AR and getting something different. Does anyone own the UH1 or the Spitfire AR by Vortex? Are those any good?

Attached: 666483i2_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 134.69K)

Shoo shoo stinky jew

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1080x1080, 1.53M)

Literally what old sig and still current primary arms sights are. Everyone who isn't a rich fag has either a choice between vortex or re-branded holosun. Not everything those fags have touched means it's shit, it just means they're the kind of retard that will overspend on a plastic faggot lower and fancy BCG clearly showing they have the wealth, but skimp on the more important shit like an optic.

Not really the poorfaggest choice's but I would say check out trijicon mro, aimpoint pro would not suggest aco as the price difference is only saving you at most a bag of chips and case of beer , and if you want an aimpoint micro dot but cant find a reason to sell your left nut for their T series then look at the H series. Sights will be about $500 but can usually be found for ~$400 during sales or even less if you buy it without the mount so you can choose whatever cool guy mount one you want. But seriously just save more money for the tried and true shit especially if you're a poorfag.
t. SIGHTMARK csr wolverine owner but with an MRO currently mounted on the raifu
the piece of shit sightmark has yet to cause me any troubles and has a decent battery life, a battery that is just a shitty common AAA mind you. It already has a high mount for ARs and a low mount for whatever, tiny fov that's about the same as other microdots, controls are simple and easy to feel with nice tactile click. If you have shit eyeballs like me then your astigmatism may fuck with you but no more so than the average older generation red dots. The MRO dot is less eye raping for retarded eyes. It has a fuckhuge fov yet a tiny package no more bigger than the width of an AR. Controls are classic turn knob but adjustment may as well not have any click as it's too subtle, they're exposed but they've never turned themselves or been rattled loose. On both sights make sure you do loctite the shit out of everything, the mount screws, the riser screws, fucking everything

Attached: ff476c299776605f2779882dbc798f7e3895f463acfe05aa50e552ad0ed5d73c.png (1193x667, 833.44K)

*>needing guns*

Go on. Escalate.

Attached: 1441291907431.jpg (690x461, 54.52K)

I dunno man, those things tend to fuck the battery jew pretty hard.

t. Package delivery man

I get the "tried and true" argument, I really do; Trijicon and Aimpoint have been around for a while, and they make good shit. But like I said in OP, due to the featureset, and the durability ratings of Holosun's "M" models specifically, I'd argue you're getting a product that competes with those options even without the aggressive price coming into it.

For instance, let's compare the MRO with the HE515CM-GR that I posted in OP, simply because I feel that these are sights aimed at very similar demographics with similar intended use. Both sights have a 7075 housing. Both have the same waterproof rating–30 metres at 30 minutes. Both have reasonably long warranties on the electronics–5 years for Trijicon, and 10 years for the Holosun. There's good footage on Youtube of both being dropped, submerged, and generally holding up to abuse. So at least in theory, these two are at parity for durability. In practice, Trijicon has had a longer time to prove its worth in the field than Holosun has, but the fac that Holosun is willing to put a 10 year warranty on the electronics makes me feel a bit more secure. There are lots of people out there who put exactly zero trust into warranties (and I don't blame them), however.

So how are these two sights different? There the answer is almost all in featurset–the sights don't have obvious weaknesses or disadvantages over one another, so it comes down to what bells the MRO has over what whistles the HE515CM has. The MRO's has the 25mm objective, which is what gives that high FOV, and it has the side-mounted battery, which you can change in the field without a screwdriver. The HE515CM has the solar panel auto-adjust, the shake-awake, a changeable reticle (either dot or EOTech style circle-dot), a green-colored reticle (not everyone likes this but I've always found it easier to see in bright light over red), transparent lens caps, and a killflash (admittedly useless in civvie hands besides looking tacticool, but hey, it's there). Even if you go by this comparison on its own, without taking price into account, you can see that the featureset of the Holosun makes it a competitive choice over the Trijicon. In fact, unless you choose to put a large amount of importance on that 25mm objective lens, I'd argue that the Holosun is superior to the Trijicon, despite being a hundred shekels cheaper. So again, I understand the "tried and true" argument, but the extensive testing done on Holosun (or one of their OEM contracts) products in recent years means it's not quite that unknown. Also, with a warranty like that, I'm confident enough to be their beta-testing boi if shit isn't up to snuff.

I'm more interested in their basic red circle dot. Just worried I won't like the reticle with how far forward it will be when mounted on my WASR's ultimak rail. I do have a 930 that I could put it on.

Jim Sullivan of Rifle Dynamics endorses running Aimpoints on the ultimak rail, the FOV of which should be similar to the Holosun. Speaking myself I run my red dots as far forward on my upper as I can manage and the reticle looks fine to me.

I already have a PA red dot on the WASR, just not sure how busy it would look with the circle.
The images I have seen do look promising.

I just ordered a DI Optical RV1 for $180 shipped. How'd I do?

Attached: RV1_00.jpg (2000x1334, 195.82K)

It's not bad, but for the price you paid there are other, arguably better options. I suppose it comes down to how much you value having that 32mm objective.

Like what?

Primary Arms has micro red-dots for less than a hundred dollars. Holosun has circle-dot sights starting at 160, and if you really wanted that 30mm objective they've got one for 180. There's also the Vortex Sparc, which is a bit more expensive at 190 but you get a lifetime warranty. And these are all list prices, if you wait around for sales (like I'm assuming you did for the DI optical) you can find them for less.
opticsplanet.com/holosun-infiniti-hs401r5-red-dot-sight-red-laser.html?_iv_code=28Y-RD-INFRDS-HS402D

So what you're saying is pay the same for a similar red dot?

I bought the wolverine CSR and am liking it so far.
amazon.com/Sightmark-SM26021-Wolverine-CSR-Sight/dp/B00TOKD8K6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1528739349&sr=8-4&keywords=wolverine csr

I'm this fag loctite the shit out of the base screws that go in the riser along with the mount screw. Other than that it's damn good poorfag optic that I have confidence in it surviving even when I eventually slap it on my shotgun.

I want to put a claw mount on my PTR-91 to make it more useful with better optics, still want it for home defense and possible closer in stuff but also more useful for longer rang shooting. What recommend?

I know this sounds stupid. But what's a decent scope for up to 1000 yards? I live on top of a large ass hill and I have a los 5000yds everywhere.

Attached: shiggy diggy doo.jpeg (700x700, 47.97K)

A variable power scope set up like the 1-6 power compact scopes. I forget the company but they are sub 300 for one with a combat reticle. Pic related my ptr with a 3-9 on a claw mount

Attached: 20180303_160622.jpg (5312x2988, 10.11M)

Also the claw mount has it sit fairly high on the rifle so a cheekweld adapter makes it so much more comfortable RTG gunparts sells one for 40$ that looks like ass on its own but is pretty sleek sitting on the stock