First Gun

I'm a 19/yo burger who grew up in a very multiculti town where guns where not approved of so I've never really been around them. Never even shot one. I think that it's important for all sane and able adult men to own guns though for political reasons, so now that I'm at college and have a job I would like to into guns.

I was into archery as a kid and like bow hunting. I would probably mostly use whatever I buy for hunting and shooting at a range.

So, what is a good first gun? I'm thinking some kind of sporty rifle. Maybe with a wood stock because I like how they look. I really know nothing about guns though so maybe that is dumb. I don't really know what is reasonable to spend. Hopefully less than 600 USD.

My college doesn't allow its students to own guns. I would keep it locked up in my car when I wasn't, but I'd like something that if a basic liberal saw for some reason they would think "hunting" not "school shooter".

Plz help a newfag?

Attached: R14kkDj.png (200x200, 21.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-18-chf-223-wylde-1-8-rifle-length-15-lightweight-m-lok-upper-no-bcg-or-ch-5165448089.html
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-complete-moe-lower-gray-no-magazine-5165448191.html
recoilgunworks.com/glock-gen4-unissued-condition-p-29726.html
palmettostatearmory.com/federal-5-56x45mm-nato-55gr-full-metal-jacket-boat-tail-20rds-xm193.html
recoilgunworks.com/trade-winchester-ranger-165gr-bonded-500rd-case-p-45787.html
targetsportsusa.com/federal-classic-40-sw-ammo-180-grain-hi-shok-jacketed-hollow-point-40swa-p-3443.aspx
midwayusa.com/product/957221207/galco-king-tuk-holster
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/847313008589?upc_only=1&is_firearms_wikiarms=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

should read

Attached: flat.jpg (400x400, 15.06K)

What's wrong with frogs?

My homeland is /lit/. I got in the habit of reddit spacing for readability with long text posts.

I must be missing something.

What is this thread? Is it for simple questions like this?

Attached: delacroix_liberty.jpg (400x324, 23.47K)

FUCK ITALY

Used shotgun with wood furniture or wood furniture 22lr rifle. Both use poorfag ammo (birdshot is like 20 buck for 100 shells but actually potent shit is about 50-75 cents a round for the cheap shit).
NOW FUCK OFF AND READ THE STICKY

build an ar-15. get a blemished forged aluminum stripped lower receiver first at your local gun shop 'cause it's legally considered the firearm so you'll need to do paperwork and potentially wait some days depending on your state, ~$50-60 maybe less

t. Rommel

You can find a cheap as shit shotgun for less than 200 roo-bux in any gun shop in my country. I'd expect you'd be able to find an ex-police issue mossberg 500 for very little. Also, shotguns are absurdly easy to find ammo for, are the swiss army knofe of guns, and can be reloaded with all kinds, from the sane nine ball 00 buck over a mild charge of red dot powder to loading things like fucking napalm, thermite or dildos into the shell.

"reddit

spacing"

is

older

than

you

new

fag

Mossberg 500 pump action with wood stocks, sling, and dump pouch for shells and you’ll be alright.

sporty rifle? like do mean a mid range caliber like 5.56 or 7.62x39 or do you just want to shoot a gun in which case get a marlin model 60 or a ruger 10/22. even better go to a pawn store and buy an old pump action 12 gauge for 100 bucks.

they always do this, shitty single statement question threads with sad pepe

Is that why you're posting images with Imgur filenames? Go ask Reddit.

A lever-action is always good. Classic enough that libtards won't give you much shit, good for hunting, fun at the range. But I might just be biased, my first non-22 gun was a Winchester 1886 in .357.

Second gun should be either a handgun or a scary assault weapon of your choice (ARs are stupidly cheap right now), third should be whichever you didn't get for #2.

Carcano sucks :^)

Here's a list, granted this is for self defense. I'd recommend a .22 if you just want to shoot/own one. If you want one that has more uses than plinking, then I'd suggest an SKS or RAS47 (or other cheap AK) since ammo for those are cheap and bonus points at college if caught for being commie guns.

Recently got a 1873 in .357 Mag. Really fun gun. Looks like 30-30 lever guns are cheap on Gunbroker, but 30-30 is an expensive round so buy with caution.

Attached: Cheap Gun Guide.png (1497x2126, 1.51M)

ha

Fuck off.

About $800 for one here, though occasionally people run them for ~$600 in 5.56 new if you're willing to put up with stupid "hunter" getups and other bullshit.

The fuck kind of clown world do you live in? Just get one from an online shop.

Seconding this fag I can find M&Ps and Rugers for $600 they're basic models sure but $700 Rugers with free float mlok and 18 inch barrels are easy enough to come by. I feel sorry for you and yet I live in a shit hole state meaning those numbers are a bit inflated due to having compliant shit bolted on them.

Don't buy a prebuilt one, you're always paying a marked up price for that. Buy your lower receiver locally if possible, so you save on FFL fees, but do your research. You can go super cheap building your own, but be aware you get what you pay for, and the best value is gonna be in the mid-grade range for parts.

If you'd like suggestions for parts, let me know. I just finished doing a ton of research on the best bang for the buck parts for my own build.

Can we ban all apu posters?

Yes please

Canik Arms TP9SA
Cuc/k/chan turned me on to this lil' motherfucker and I haven't regretted it yet. Sure, it's turkshit, but you can only ask for so much.

take rifle, put wood furniture on, store without magazine
wow, it's a hunting rifle

Attached: b701a7ef82e5226fc1892813b31fb7470c02472a24d902de654a8317e6e825a2.jpg (720x960, 97.86K)

I bought a Wolf A1 upper because it was piston driven and fairly inexpensive at around 400 shekels. Well worth the money. Cool thing about AR's is you can focus soley on important parts (upper, lower, barrel) now and save up for bonus bits later, like a better recoil spring or trigger. AR's are fantastic starter rifles if not for just this reason.

Don't worry lad, you'll be insane soon enough after we make critical thinking a mental illness!

TOO YOUNG GOY

Attached: 1469945381929.gif (480x270, 1.45M)

I'm interested if no one else is.

Soviet Weimerica will just bring back "Symptomless Schizophrenia" to get rid of wrongthinkers.

I got my M&P15 for $500 about 4 months ago

shotgun is fine.
for a rifle, 30-06 is probably the most versatile caliber and ubiquitous.

Well, OP, at least you aren't like me and have browsed Zig Forums for years and own firearms, but have yet to shoot anything other than friends guns.

buy these

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-18-chf-223-wylde-1-8-rifle-length-15-lightweight-m-lok-upper-no-bcg-or-ch-5165448089.html

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-complete-moe-lower-gray-no-magazine-5165448191.html

recoilgunworks.com/glock-gen4-unissued-condition-p-29726.html

for this 5.56, buy all the way up to free shipping
once you buy those, go out and get 1,000 rounds of 5.56 and some .40

palmettostatearmory.com/federal-5-56x45mm-nato-55gr-full-metal-jacket-boat-tail-20rds-xm193.html

buy however much .40 you want, 500 is fine
recoilgunworks.com/trade-winchester-ranger-165gr-bonded-500rd-case-p-45787.html
targetsportsusa.com/federal-classic-40-sw-ammo-180-grain-hi-shok-jacketed-hollow-point-40swa-p-3443.aspx

what's great about glock 17 and 22 is that they're full size service pistols but they're capable of being Conceal Carried with a good holster. For CC, go with Galco's King Tuk.
midwayusa.com/product/957221207/galco-king-tuk-holster
note: you can find the King Tuk cheaper elsewhere nearer to $40, like on Ebay.
I emphatically recommend you get your conceal carry license
don't worry about money for this, consider what I just posted to be a bare minimum of what is absolutely necessary.

as for optics
1) you can get the Eotech 512 really cheap these days
2) wait until black friday and get either Eotech, Aimpoint, Trijicon, or Sig Sauer's Romeo3 (really fucking awesome reflex sight, I have one)

another thing: mil-spec triggers generally suck, it's not just PSA.
buy this one
gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/847313008589?upc_only=1&is_firearms_wikiarms=0
and get a vertical forend grip, magpul's are nice
there's plenty of great furniture options, especially carbon fiber these days, but for a poor guy doing his first gun, magpul is great.

Capacity matters when using a handgun because people can survive several of those and still tear the muscle off your skeleton like pulled pork. I don't think anyone'es getting up after getting shot in the chest with 00 buck

Ruger American Rifle with Vortex Crossfire II Riflescope Model 16934 in .308. Forget about a wooden stock. MSRP is $639 but I've seen them on sale for less. Even at MSRP you get a very good scope, already mounted, so don't stress on your budget. This is a very good rifle for the money.

Attached: top.jpg (1400x425, 84.21K)

First of all: newcomers tend to think that pistols or revolvers are the easiest to start out with. That's wrong. Pistols and revolvers are the hardest firearms to shoot with, because they have a much shorter barrel, and you can't correct your aim with one hand further forwards. Get a rifle with a barrel that is at least as long as your forearm, preferably longer.
Rifles also tend to be a heavier than pistols or revolvers, which makes recoil a lot easier to handle.

Depends on what you want to hunt. Small game, large game, clay pigeons, or real pigeons?
Any sort of rifle. As I said, pistols are much more dangerous for newbs. Check places like gunbroker or your local friendly gunshop.
So a .22LR or 5.56mm rifle. That's always a good choice. Many consider them Babies First Gun, and for a good reason. They are easy to maintain, easy to handle, easy to acquire and don't require a large investment for ammo or the gun itself.
Depends on how active you want to be with the gun. If you want to get into something a little more hardcore you should probably consider polymer stocks because they are a lot more durable. But wood is good, especially for a beginner. I also prefer the wood A E S T H E T I C S.
Yeah, a .22LR is well within your range.
NONONONONONO! Fuck that. You don't just lock your gun in your car. All it takes is for someone to see you put it in, wait until you are gone, and smash your windows. Congratulations, you put one more firearm into the hands of a criminal.
NEVER EVER be more than 20 meters away from your gun without it being secured to some solid surface or in some sort of safe or case. If you are not using it, keep it locked and unloaded. If you really don't want anyone to know that you have a gun in your dorm, get a takedown rifle (rifle that can be easily disassembled and stowed) and keep it in a locker underneath your bed. When you take it to the range put it in your backpack before you leave the room, and don't take it out until you are at the range/innawoods.
Alternatively: don't get a gun until you have your own place and make your own rules.

Before you buy I want you to look up the following things:
What is a caliber, and which one does your gun use?
What are the four rules of gun safety, and why should you know them by heart?
What are the regulations about carrying a firearm in your state?
What is a QTDDTOTT?
Why should you consider to post questions such as this in a QTDDTOTT in the future?