Clubs Thread

Anyone ever use a club or make one? I guess you could lump batons in here too. How did you make your club? And if you didn’t make it, what club do you use?

I’m thinking about maybe getting a shillelagh, but I’d like to get something more wieldly, any club recommendations? I think for home defense or a fight against niggers in the bad part of town, a club would be a great weapon, especially if you’re dumb enough to look for a fight.

Attached: 854B9E7C-9783-42C2-B30C-E2736ABF8330.jpeg (250x281 75.39 KB, 12.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=MHW1110&name=12th -14th Century Mace Head
etsy.com/listing/495749704/medieval-knobbed-bronze-mace-head-12th?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=tods stuff&ref=sr_gallery-1-7
etsy.com/listing/495772290/medieval-bronze-mace-head-9th-12thc-lost?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=tods stuff&ref=sr_gallery-1-14
etsy.com/listing/495773592/medieval-bronze-mace-head-13th-14thc?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=tods stuff&ref=sr_gallery-1-18
youtube.com/watch?v=zlnwRT9w2l8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Hungary#Post-War_Communist_period
youtube.com/watch?v=7vLDCJk3wNk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You gotta be a fuckin' idiot to use a club. Ever hear that humans are 75% water? Go beat a puddle of water with a club, see what happens asshole

Attached: meet_the_grox_by_kaelu_mae-d6dpjif~2.jpg (311x214, 18.89K)

I forgot to ask in the OP, what improvised blunt objects could you use as a club, mace or street fighting implement?

I’ll use a blow dryer, then.

A club would be great in an area like London where fucking butter knives are illegal (for whites) but, and I speak with many nightly walks in the ghettos of Tennessee as experience, a good knife or a tomahawk will suit you alot better than any sort of club cause they have that initial scare factor that a blunt instrument simply can't deliver. Even the dumbest nogs'll think "oh shit, I could fucking die here" upon seeing a bigass tomahawk, but a club everybody just half-assedly assumes can only hurt and not kill, not true obviously but, the best way to protect yourself is to avoid fighting in the first place so of course you're gonna want that initial scare-factor.
This is all assuming said nog doesn't have a gun of course. Give a nog the shittiest 50$ hi-point you can find and he'll think himself invincible.

Training isn’t bad, but I was thinking a blunt object (not simply any club, which I didn’t put in the OP) that basically requires no training, just common sense and power.

I use a mace to dispatch opossums. Not sure if that counts for this.

OP do you want to kill the person you are hitting with the bludgeon? Because that makes a big difference in the type of bludgeon you would want to use.

OP I own and use clubs and maces. To give you a good answer I would need to know if you plan to kill the person or animal, and if you plan to carry this object in public? also this may not be useful but will the person be wearing armor of like really heavy coats or something?

Say I was in a Gangs of New York style street fight, I’d want something that’s light but powerful enough to knock some asshole on his back with one hit, and maybe kill if I hit them with retard strength or repeatedly.

Vid related is an extreme example

Well you are right in thinking in you would want it to be light and easy to swing. With a mace you really should be aiming for the man's head. From all my reading like all one handed maces from any where in the world are just around two feet in length.

The head of the mace should be made of steel and have "spikes" or knobs on the end. All the weight of the mace should be at the head of the mace. The head does not need to weight that much to kill. I find one pound to be a good weight. This is what you should be looking for imo

Attached: 9f573bfbee4c5556cb3b5cff9fa8d1c3.jpg (600x600 26.4 KB, 34.44K)

Flange maces were made for plate armor so would only be helpful if the guy was wearing a super think coat of something.

This shape of mace head was used around the 11th century against chain mail. It is the best shape imo as it will hit a target wit a spike no mater the angle or side you strike them with. It is what I use to club opossums.

Attached: 070_Streitkolbenkopf_aus_Bronze_mit_kleinen_pyramidalen_Spitzenaus_dem_Archäologische_Museum_Krakau.JPG (463x600 17.59 KB, 58.84K)

"thick coat"

I like using maces as they are just fancy killing clubs. I mean when in real life would you have or be near a sword? But if you are used to fighting with say a mace you can always pick up a piece of wood and have some idea what you are doing.

Bronze heads are a little heaver but a bit softer than steel

The mace on the left would be what I would choose for a "Gangs of New York style street fight"

Attached: - 1444761008797.jpg (2294x2814, 663.11K)

You really think that if you bashed someone's head in with a club, the courts wouldn't find you guilty of assault with deadly weapon? Like, they'd just shrug and say "well the rules don't say club so he's got us there lads"?

This picture shows a lot of different types of mace heads side by side

Attached: - Macesall1.jpg (640x480, 59.26K)

In case OP lives in the UK I will say this again. A metal mace will kill someone if you hit them with it. But I live in America so its fine.

Coin cosh by Greenmanleather [dot] ca

German trench club, WWI

Attached: German Trench Club.jpg (350x350 19.03 KB, 28.97K)

In (current year) all clubs are for baton purposes, really. For those grey areas between empty hand and deadly force. A nigger-be-good stick. Perhaps don't neglect the flexible stuff - they genuinely respect the sjambok, and there is zero hesitation in using it. I'd say much less than throwing a punch.

Attached: Screenshot_5.png (718x555, 1.04M)

user I recommend you getting a high quality fishing bat. They are not really expensive.

Attached: Fishing bat.jpg (1600x1200 9.82 KB, 256.54K)

This mace head cost around $25

Attached: Streitkolbenkopf 02.jpg (800x800, 93.8K)

interesting

kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=MHW1110&name=12th -14th Century Mace Head this site has them every four months or so and sells out really fast. I ordered mine form the Netherlands. It is made with really hard steel, like what they make hammers with if i had to guess. You could bash just about anything with it and it would be undamaged. I own other maces that cost more and it is better than those. they sell it on a few weapon sites around the world. I think it is called the "Marshal Historical Norman Mace Head"

Attached: Norman mace head.jpg (1024x1024 47.61 KB, 89.88K)

etsy.com/listing/495749704/medieval-knobbed-bronze-mace-head-12th?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=tods stuff&ref=sr_gallery-1-7

etsy.com/listing/495772290/medieval-bronze-mace-head-9th-12thc-lost?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=tods stuff&ref=sr_gallery-1-14

etsy.com/listing/495773592/medieval-bronze-mace-head-13th-14thc?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=tods stuff&ref=sr_gallery-1-18

youtube.com/watch?v=zlnwRT9w2l8 this video shows you how to attach it to a handle if you don't know how to.

Spiky and flanged maceheads were made to stop the hits from glancing off helmets and other plate armor.

Warhammers are a lot more versatile bludgeoning weapons.

Attached: united-cutlery-uc3095-m48-usmc-tactical-war-hammer-3.jpg (920x520 17.29 KB, 47.97K)

True about the glancing blows, but I can tell that when you smack a opossum in the head it crushes in the head. I also tested a spiked mace on a butternut squash and a milk jug and it puts more of a hole in them than crushes them. Also warhammers only have one side to strike with, maces can hit on all sides of the head.

A carpenter's hammer can cave skulls in. I've used one to dispatch injured/dying animals before. I used the hammer side of a hatchet the other day and it didn't just kill, it tore a big fucking chunk out of the skull. I got blinded from the blood spraying in my face and had blood spatter all over me, with the exception of my jocks, socks and soles of my boots. The extra weight on the head seems to increase lethality exponentially, especially when the impact is focused on a small point. I'll be sticking with the hammer from now on. Heavy heads are far too messy.

Your post is making me think I made the right choice going with mace instead of a mallet or war hammer (I thought about using both) I have never been sprayed yet I have killed everything with one blow. I have killed over a dozen opossums with zero problems, hell I hit one so hard once his skull went flat like Wile E. Coyote. Again this is the mace type I used, light enough that it is easy to wield but heavy enough it kills. I thought about using a hammer like this but the weight made it to hard to swing repeatedly. Plus it was too short.

Attached: shopping.jpg (900x600 16.6 KB, 45.61K)

Also to warhammer guy these are stone mace heads from Central America where as far as I know they never had plate armor. So that comment about glancing blows was kind of pointless (yes that was a pun).

Attached: tone macehead from Chavin culture from northern Peru, BCE.jpg (1093x819 43.1 KB, 195.92K)

they are to focus the impact on a smaller point my dude.

Why are you clubbing opossums?

Because my neighbor feels the need to throw birdseed everywhere which brings rats. So I set out traps which also catch opossums and skunks (mostly opossums). Shooting them will piss everyone off. So I thought to myself how often do you have a reason to use a medieval close combat weapon? So I ordered a mace. I was using a tomahawk before but I had to resharpen it every time because it went through the damn things flesh and bone right into the dirt. So I now use a mace.

You don't think they would work just fine on an unarmored person too?

They would work great on an unarmored person. But I would tell you use a small battle axe for an unarmored person. A flanged mace is like a can opener on a stick used in the 13th century to fight people in full plate armor. A flanged mace head is like having 6 dull axe heads on the end of your stick. They were made to bash cunts wearing a soup can over there body not flesh.

I had a roo tangled up on the back fence. They tend to go under, but once they get to a certain size, or if they're in a hurry, they'll jump over. Only they tend not to see the top wires or misjudge their height, because they fuck up their clearance all the time. Normally that just spoils their landing, they pick themselves up and continue on their way. The one in question had got it's foot caught on the top wire and was tangled up badly. By the time I found it it was on it's way out and bull ants were crawling all over it. It had either torn it's leg half off trying to get free, or tried to chew it off. So I was putting it out of it's misery. Normally I just give them a solid whack on the back of the head and that's it. All I had in the truck the other day was a hatchet. So I pulled it off the fence and it immediately started twitching, probably due to the change in blood supply after hanging upside down for half a day. Foot on the neck to hold it still and put it down with one quick shot, only the extra weight of the head pushed the hammer side right through the skull, resulting in blood spraying everywhere. I got blood splatter all over me due to leaning over it, but I imagine something similar could happen in a 'realistic melee' scenario.

Yeah that is why I brought the opossums. I am guessing that most people will never have used a real weapon in a real way before. It takes a lot less to kill something that people seem to think. My friend was surprised when he saw how small my mace head was. It is 3 inches long with the spike part being only 2 inches. It is modeled after some real one that was dug up in somewhere in England.

brought up

Reminder that your education is literally designed to make nogs feel clever.

Attached: 6ceb1cec1bf0ff7947e864327db92b17.jpg (650x503, 63.27K)

As I went to an American school would I be mistaken in thinking that Hungarians where ruled be the commies of the Soviet Union?

what?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Hungary#Post-War_Communist_period

Commercially available tools make very unwieldy weapons.
My attempt was stuffing a falling axe handle into a small hatchet head to make an almost Dane-axe, but it was still on the clumsy end.

Unless you are tenderizing meat, that doesn't matter much. They are meant to bite into hard targets, not soft ones.
Even so, you can't really strike hard from too many directions, and a hammer is also useful at hooking and parrying.

On a sidenote, does anyone know how the kanabo were supposed to be used? Was it just a reinforced quarterstaff? Because the truncheon-like ones look ridiculously unwieldy for a weapon.

Attached: c8769e9a15f16b5a0758b1fe13c11312--woodcut-art-samurai-armor.jpg (540x540 150.97 KB, 36.64K)

How about no

Have you ever hit a soft target with a mace or war hammer? The points, spikes or nubs help concentrate the force to help break both bone and flesh. If you hit a man in the head with a mace or war hammer it puts a hole in the skull. I am really starting to think you are talking out your ass. Because even the "roo" smacker told you it punched a hole in the things head and he was covered in blood because of it. All I am trying to do is give OP the best club to do what ever the hell he plans to do with it. This is the type of thing that a mace does to someones face, It kills them.

Attached: images.jpg (261x300 6.97 KB, 89.43K)

I have been looking for a round mace head like in these pics. Does anyone know where I can buy one?

Attached: 2a3945fb5220eb34970dfdff4b7b67b.jpg (467x650 70.67 KB, 56.92K)

All the demonstration's I've seen of tetsubo and kanabo are using them like a staff or two handed club. The studs have a habit of coming loose, especially in dense wood like oak. Soaking it will tighten it up slightly, but nowhere near as much as a softer wood. If you want an iron club, then just get yourself a light bar for weightlifting.
I'm pretty soft hearted. I only bash animals because I feel guilty about leaving them to die slowly. I can't even skin a rabbit without psyching myself up first. If they weren't so delicious, I wouldn't hunt them at all.

Attached: 1500787032513.jpg (467x650 1.03 MB, 56.92K)

In terms of an improvised bashing stick, that's pretty good. I think I'd prefer a bat or something with reach for a mobile target.

A classic

Attached: Club Hunting.jpg (796x1149, 1.01M)

I forgot it's summer break again.

But Hungary, any target is a soft target with enough force.

Is this the warrior instinct manifest in modern man? Truly, it must be a sight to behold a Zig Forumsommando in his natural habitat.

Apparently Oceanian hardwood warclubs looked more like wooden falchions than bats.

I wonder if this is a throwback to using actual oars as improvised weapons I know Musashi used one in a duel, an attempt to make an axe or sword in absence of metal or useable stone, or a genuine refinement of the design.

Attached: tonga_war_club_1.jpg (593x1111 81.08 KB, 25.77K)

It's a refinement of the weapon in the same way as flanged maces developed from round ones. Focusing force over a smaller area while still retaining the same mass.

I'm sure these are also "meant to bite into hard targets"?

Attached: dscf0806-8670.jpg (695x521 91.44 KB, 96.86K)

They also used helmets.
And even then, not everybody's skull is as soft as yours seem to be, packed with all that GMO-infused lard.

sage for OT

Attached: f3425c16f188171cf3e7596846d21080f892d49f6fac3437c42016d89acaada8.png (741x630, 27.36K)

Mátyás Rákosi with his "Hungarian war hammer". Why do people like you come to boards like this when you clearly have no real idea what you are talking about? If you just read what the people here write you can be better informed when you save enough money in your piggy bank to buy a real weapon. OP even asked how to make one. You too could make one instead of shitting up this thread. I have an idea. Write your lame posts in what ever language they speak in Hungary instead of my native tongue so none of us have any idea what the hell you are talking about.

Attached: ITS_HAMMERTIME.mp4 (640x640, 4.42M)

What about my post was so antagonistic to you that you needed to take a shit on me? All I did was say that the polynesian wooden clubs took that form because they were following the same evolution in design principles as european-style maces.

Hungary is right. It's the summer break.

Attached: catthefuck.jpg (640x427, 194.74K)

Do you understand how weapons work? if you hit someone in the head with something like a baseball bat the force will split the skin open. So if you out the same force on a small area it is MORE effective. Swords are not as sharp as say a kitchen knife as you are smacking something with it not cutting a tomato.

Attached: 339_mere-pounamu_MED.jpg (768x576 16.26 KB, 49.88K)

Riddle me this, if you hit someone with a wooden ruler which part hurts more the EDGE of the ruler or the flat part?

Attached: 0760236251873_a1c1_2000.png (2000x2000, 343.87K)

Do you sharpen bullets, user?

Yeah, because you could fight through a shattered ribcage.

The flat part, but only because of the flexibility of the ruler causing a force-multiplying "slap."

If you scale it up to the size of a piece of lumber or something, the edge has far greater wounding capabilities.

Is it illegal to modify your baton with a spiked cap?

Well with America you have different rules in different states. In my state you can carry pretty much any thing as long as you don't plan to hurt someone with it. It is strange. If you walked around with a sword and the police stopped you and asked why you had a sword and you said "self defense" you could get into trouble, but if you said "to ward off dragons" you would be fine. Every one here just carries guns so not a lot of people are swinging battle axes at each other.

That's cool, but I would like to hear tales of less-free states.

Yeah we try to keep the Californians from telling us anything so inviting them to speak is a bad idea.

You grab the handle with both hands and the you beat a motherfucker with it.

Attached: 06-1a_zps3f19a2d7.jpg original.jpg (491x245 189.01 KB, 48.86K)

Generally speaking you hit him once, maybe twice.

They had these things called "axes" and "swords" literally for that purpose.
And that's because none of the blunt studs face in the direction of the strike.

Riddle me this: why the flying fuck are you sperging over what is a feature of cutlery in a thread about bludgeoning weapons? Mental retardation?

Because it is a thread about clubs and maces. OP wanted a club, and the ones with knobs and spikes work BETTER. If I was "sperging out I would be calling people names like the retard from Hungary. I just want the people of Zig Forums killing with what works best. Also some pics to make us all right as that is what you feel the need to be. You do get in a battle a person would fight BOTH armored a unarmored opponents?

Attached: 1419037416771.jpg (500x470 63.39 KB, 19.77K)

Attached: done here.jpg (400x264, 16.21K)

This was OP question
And I have both made and used so I can answer his question, about 15 years back I clubbed some one in the head. He went down and COULD NOT stand back up. Not everyone on this site is a 12 year old that has no life experience.

Maces are more efficient at focusing force than a sword, both in terms of strength needed, and in terms of materials costs.

Yeah, a lot of maces used were made of cast bronze because all you need to make them was a mold and in the past iron was not easy to come by. Also like the crossbow it took little training to teach a solider to fight with a mace.

And you didn't need to train some blacksmith that could make several feet of flat steel both soft enough not to shatter and hard enough not to bend when it hit something hard.

What are some other blunt objects you could use in a particularly bloody street battle? I know BB bats are popular.

Oak wooden sword i.e. boken is best.

Bats are terrible weapons.
One hand - mace (hammer from hardware store as substitute).
Two hands - Quarterstaff.

I've been thinking recently - how good would a telescopic quarterstaff be as a self defense weapon nowadays?

You can build this "Murica" spiked club even after passing airport security, your flight crew and fellow passengers will certainly appreciate the ensuing lulz.

You can try to make something like these.

Attached: vintage_fishing_priest_old_angling_sporting_goods_fish_hunting_poachers_tool_3_lgw.jpg (2159x2863 26 KB, 1.03M)

Hammers (and really any thing with a flat face like baseball bats) suck as weapons. Because they were not meant to be used as weapons. There is a reason war hammers almost never have a flat face, and that reason is not just to stop "glancing off plate armor".

Attached: Several Blunt Force Depressions in the Skull Caused by Hammer Blows.jpg (490x324 44.72 KB, 37.5K)

So does that mean that unadorned bats and hammers make good "less than lethal weapons"?

Attached: usuandkine2.jpg (560x400 71.14 KB, 240.62K)

Not really, a hammer will kill just not well. Bats are heavy so a good swing will kill too. I you are trying to kill get something go with metal with "spikes". If you just want to hurt someone (not sure why you would) use truncheon like the police use

Attached: 2161.JPG (973x1280 54.79 KB, 375.18K)

What shape should a hammer head be then?

Attached: C9IfP9NXYAAQFVF.jpg (1440x1080, 325.41K)

Anything other than flat and smooth really. Though if you were on horseback a smooth face could be a good idea I guess. I don't use war hammers because no one around here is walking around in full plat armor.

Attached: ren-hussar-hammer.jpg (900x1675 290.38 KB, 275.58K)

This mongol rape baby is just jealous he has no gunz. Maybe its for the best, he seems like a hothead. HAHA laughing at you now. Nogunz.

That first pic reminded me of the breaching tools used by firemen to tear hinges of metal doors.

youtube.com/watch?v=7vLDCJk3wNk

I'd take a grinder to this to remove the bottom jaw. Maybe sharpen it.

There's a better variant of the adjustable dumbbell mace. Get a cheap full size barbell that comes in three pieces to have a 2 foot long piece with a little less than half of it being knurled and the rest threaded. It can be used with two hands with or without a weight at the end but is small and light enough to use one handed. If I can find the collars I'll take a picture.

Attached: decenttool.png (1784x454, 232.79K)

Here it is on a standard picnic table.

whoops

Attached: mace.png (747x1054, 980.14K)

I see, you would think the best shape for a hammer head would then be just a singular point in the middle, as you then focus all the energy of your throw into one point, as opposed to what is in your pictures

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (800x533, 519.03K)

Note that this is for unarmored targets, I do not know what the ideal shape is for penetrating armor, why would you use multiple points?