Prepping thread cuz prep boards are dead

I'm about to make my first food storage purchase, 36 lbs of brown rice to fill a sealed 5-gallon bucket. One of the top performers according to the Wikipedia chart of staple foods. Got a family of 3 I've got to think about. What are you guys doing to prepare for shit besides hoarding brass?

Attached: IMG_20180610_114307.jpg (1440x1080, 427.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lcamtuf.coredump.cx/prep/
youtube.com/watch?v=RY7uS9bm3Zk
who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap12.pdf
hooktube.com/watch?v=_7jiIQOgwtI
youtube.com/watch?v=B1xKpwZwE_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm stocking up on highly flammable bottles containing a certain liquid

Hording brass isn't bad, though.

Rice is good as are oats. You'll need fats as well. Cooking oil of some kind, lard, or similar. I chuck a few bottles of multivitamins in as a means of preventing nutritional deficiencies.

Canned meats / fish is good also.

Just remember to take your vitamin C user.

Stock up on primer for the calibers you need same with brass. SHTF primers are going to be almost impossible to replace for a long time. They are cheap, also get powder and store it correctly.

Tru dat. Thanks.

Agreed, brass ain't bad, but we're all on the same page with it already.

Canned meat is hard underrated. Everybody wants to make jerky and shit out of it, which is great, but canned meat is definitely something more people should be looking into.

I've been stocking up on books and don't forget to stockpile some creature comforts like toilet paper, alcohol, and tobacco; those things will fetch a pretty penny when shtf

Can anyone speak to expiration dates on things? Depending on the product and how it's packaged, some expiration dates are complete bullshit. I stopped at a little gift shop and picked up a jar of apple butter and pepper jelly. Jelly had an expiration date 7 years ago, apple butter didn't even have that. Both tasted perfect.

Tl;dr if things are canned properly, i don't see why they would ever go bad.

What's the best value backpack to buy? I'm looking for a 50l or bigger. I saw one 55l pack made by Magellan for $75 at a sports store, but the online reviews said the stitches broke easily

Rice and beans are 75% of what you need. Go with dry beans rather than canned to save space (and money). Make sure you get a variety of different types of rice/grains (white, brown, jasmine, you can even fuck with quinoa if you want idc) and various types of beans (black, kidney, great northern, plus chickpeas and shit) so you can ensure you're getting a complete protein with every combination without getting sick of one style. The remaining 25% are seasonings, oil, sauces, oats, fucking peanut butter, dried/canned meats, dried/canned fruits and veggies, vitamins/supplements (I stock up on vitamin B12, C, D, and K3, plus calcium, melatonin, creatine, caffeine, and a few good multivitamins) drink mixes (caffeinated, electrolytes, low-sugar, etc.) and probably a few pre-packaged entrees and energy/protein bars for when you don't feel like cooking.

Personally, I've been maintaining a substantial vegetable garden for the last few years. We grow tons of potatoes, plus carrots, various squashes, cucumbers, tomatoes, peas, sometimes corn, etc. I also stock up on in-season fruits at a bargain and can/dehydrate it myself, so I have a pretty good stock of fruit at home.

I have various cooking and heating appliances that don't require electricity or natural gas:
Propane: outdoor grill, indoor flat top griddle, 2 cheap propane patio-style heaters
Kerosene: kerosene stove, a big heater, and a small heater

Granted, I need to keep propane and kerosene stocked, but I also have an old coal/wood stove in the basement that can keep my home bearable in the winter and can be used for cooking in a pinch. Warmth is a necessity. I've also got a big stash of thermal underwear and a closet full of sweaters, winter coats, hats, gloves, boots, etc. bought on the cheap from a thrift store.

I'm also pretty well-stocked on items that are only semi-useful now, but will be sought-after if SHTF… stupid shit like lighters, batteries, cigarettes (keep a few cartons in the fridge), and booze (I buy a couple of the tiny little 50ml bottles or the flask-sized 375 ml bottles of various liquors whenever I go to the store… they can be used for barter, plus I like to tuck the tiny bottles of vodka into medical kits or whatever.)

As far as guns and ammo go… I have an ample stash of reloading supplies. I do not know how to reload, but I am a 1/3 owner of one of those fancy reloading presses, which my friends and I have hidden out in our hunting cabin. I do have a pretty good stash of factory ammo too… I'm nearing my goal of 3k rounds each of .380 auto, 9mm, .357 mag, and .45 auto, plus 10k rounds of .22lr. I own 4 Glock 19s, 4 Glock 43s, 2 Ruger LCP IIs, 2 Ruger GP100s (in .357 mag), and 2 Ruger LCRs (one in .357 mag, one in .22lr). I'm currently looking at buying a couple 1911s. I have 2 Ruger 77 bolt-action .357 mag rifles, a Spanish Mauser, a couple shitty Savage 64 something-or-others, and I'm about to start looking at pistol caliber carbines and start building AR-15s (gotta get some shotguns too… I'm a little behind the curve rifle-wise since I firmly believe that a handgun will be the gun that saves my life.)

I have so much more to blather on about, but I don't want to type any more.

Some containers can decay.
For example plastic water bottles will start seeping plastic on their own after a year or so, even faster of in direct sunlight.
Glass is the safest

Hoard coffee alcohol cigarette and medicines. With these things you can buy people when shit hits the fan.

Food is a nonissue unless the entire planet simultaneously collapses, in which case the major threat will be 100,000 strong roving armies of cannibals…. Once the twinkies run out.

t. trustworthy wiseman

The problem is that no one cans properly anymore, you cannot trust factory canned goods to be done properly. They cut corners as long as its within law, that is the real reason to watch expiration dates. Its not hard to can yourself though, you just need wax, twine, and glass jar with a monoform steel cap. My grandfather has plum jam that was canned in the 90s and tastes better than shit you buy in the stores tomorrow.
Water starts boiling at 92 and DNA breaks up at 98, so boil your jars and tops for several hours. Same for fruit/veg. Add a standard preservative like sugar for sweet canned goods, or salt for savory canned goods. While everything is still burning hot, pour the preserved mass into the jar and screw on the top. Seal it with wax and twine to make it even more airtight. When the air inside cools it will create a vacuum because hot things are larger than cold things.
Stored in a cool dry place this will last forever.

Doomsday planning for less crazy folk

lcamtuf.coredump.cx/prep/

How exactly do you seal it with wax and twine?

Two things to not skimp money on:
1) boots (should be a "well duh")
2) your main pack
Any major brand is good. You're better looking for a sale rather than one with a low price to start with. Ask for an end-of season discount or look for a clearance sale of previous season's stock.

It's too hard to explain over text. There's a lot of tutorials on wax sealing on the internet though, videos too.

user, brown rice does spoil. I hate white rice, but this is one of those situations were you should get white rice because it doesn't spoil and then just keep a bottle of multivitamins (the only things I think that go bad in expired multivitamins are vitamin D, vitamin B, and Potassium for obvious reasons).

Shit, even eggs will stay good for like a month after they expire (just shake it near your ear like a lightbulb- if you hear sloshing, don't eat it). There's a few general rules with preserved foods lasting longer than intended.
Canned goods can be safely trusted for up to about five years if they require a can opener to open. If they have finger-opening lids and such, use them within two years after expiring.
If left unopened, oil and things like ranch can stay good for about 6 months to a year after it expires. Certain oils if left unopened and out of extreme heat will last like 2 years (most go rancid within a year if they're opened). I know olive oil, coconut oil, peanut oil, and crisco are all good for about 2 years, but coconut and crisco will both stay good for about five years if kept in a dark, cool area (and they're both cheap enough that you could replace them once a year), but then most oils will last about two years if kept refrigerated. Basically it would be worth investing in a steel water bottle that's filled with oil for meals and such.
This is a mixed basket. If you keep it in a cool, dry area, and it's something naturally acidic like tomatoes, it will basically last indefinitely.
Jerky itself will last a very long while, but if you submerge it in honey, it will last basically forever. Likewise honey by itself has no expiration date- as long as you keep it out of direct sunlight and don't get it wet for the enzymes to activate, honey will effectively last forever (so this is a good way to get your proteins and to prevent ketosis).
I know this is a meme, but the only way for vacuum-sealed foods to spoil are if they spoil from within or they aren't properly vacuum-sealed. This is worth investing in if you're looking to make about a month's worth of home made MREs.
Freeze-dried foods (which can be made by anyone with a dedicated freezer or dry ice if you're in a hurry) are able to stay good for pretty much as long as they don't contain moisture. If you use shitty methods like dry ice, expect about two years, and if you get a fancy vacuum chamber, expect certain types of freeze-dried foods to last for up to a decade or two out of direct moisture.

The main thing you're worried about with ANYTHING preserved are the really fucking nasty bacteria that will kill you in very small amounts like botulism. If we're talking about a SHTF scenario where you'll be able to find food but it will be scarce, then don't trust preserved food that's more than a year expired. If you don't have a choice though, then obviously it's either botulism or starvation as your options.

Attached: 665e104040bf2116ee56c5233dfa230f54202adf8302a16a17d6623229fe39d9.jpg (640x400, 26.72K)

tl;dr- Basically you either want to create a vacuum seal (Canned/jarred/sealed goods) or you want to remove all moisture from it (baked/honeyed/freeze-dried/regular dried foods).

Yeah OP I read that white rice has a shelf life for like 10+ years while brown rice only last something like 2 years, Brown rice is better for you but in a prepper sense it is kind of a bad choice. I store things like beans white rice and white sugar in empty (and well washed) 2 litter soda bottles (not sure if that will cause problems over time but I am trying to keep costs down) Also I just bought a hand crank generator. I ordered it off AliExpress though. It was the first time (and will be the last time) I have ever ordered anything off that site. I had a lot problems with them. Never trust communist. But the generator is pretty good for what it is. A thing I have notice is people seem to not have anything to making water safe to drink, like say iodine. Also the water. People seem to store food but not water. I just use clean 2 liter soda bottles to store water.

Storing water is a tough thing.

You've got the weight, the space, and the container. First two are obvious, but the third less so.

Gallon jugs of distilled water from the grocery are a good place to start for small volume / apartment life. Cycle through them regularly, though.

Larger volumes require food grade storage containers, such as some rain barrels or previously used bulk food storage containers. Guy I used to work with picked up some large containers previously used for soy sauce. Water did taste off but wasn't horrible / contaminated.

If there are local streams / lakes / water supplies, consider stocking filters. Lifestraw for small stockpiles, larger filtration / purification equipment for larger stockpiles.

You want soft water, not distilled water. Distilled water will fuck you up long-term.

How do we make the medicine?

Off the top of my head, aspirin from willow trees, morphine and friends from opium poppy, quinine from cinchona. I think a lot of the 'essential' medicines come from natural sources. How hard can it be to cultivate penicillin, too?

youtube.com/watch?v=RY7uS9bm3Zk seems simple enough

hoarding fire-starters
got a bunch of food walking around me on two legs

Legal reasons. If you sell something that expires before the expiration date, you're liable for any harm that comes to your customer.

Thank you.

My idea of low budget stuff like this has always been just buying a couple extra cans of food and packs of stuff you use frequently than you need per week, alongside occasionally buying a 4 pack of butane for camp stoves and heating. Can't hurt to buy extra petrol for a small generator every so often, nor does it cost much to buy 50kg of lead flashing from a scrap dealer every other month. Probably not a bad idea to get into bean farming like the user above said, I personally have had some success with it hydroponically. 1000l water tanks and basic gravity fed water filters cost bugger all too, and simple things like having a tea-pot can make a difference in having clean water when the stuff from your tank might be suspect (aquaponic tanks for example).

My cast bullet set up at the moment is a 20 dollar butane camp stove with a 10lb cast iron pot. With clean alloy, it's probably the simplest and best way to cast bullets, as it is much much less finicky than bottom pour pots- simply stick your rcbs dipper into the hot alloy and start casting. You'll need a gas mask for long term though, possibly a filter and fan to be completely safe.

For predictions, I predict that a large scale US financial bonds crisis will force a return to extremely conservative values by making everyone think real carefully about going into debt. It's something that's going to last at least a decade or two, and it will get ugly. The solution has always been simple though- reject fiat currency and embrace agorism as a method of helping you and everyone else survive by trade. The government will fight like hell to stop you doing this, but it's real fucking hard to stop farmers trading corn over the fence for ammunition. Ragnar benson recommends that you have some form of sale-able skill like a trade so that you can enjoy people giving you food in exchange for you fixing their chainsaw or what have you.

The problem with stock piling any metal is it's only worth what someone else is willing to give you for it. Bullets and food have a real immediate value. Blocks of gold aren't any where near as valuable as toilet paper is in a crisis situation. Post-crisis? Yea maybe. But immediate crisis you need something to trade with if you plan to leave your bunker at all. And even then leaving your bunker might be a bad idea unless it's 100% vital.

Everything except honey and sugar go bad over time. Even if you have no air exposure to them. I would recommend watching SteveMRE for an example of this happening in 20 year old MREs.

Rule of thumb is if it smells bad, looks bad or the packaging is damaged or distorted in any way then toss it.

You're retarded. You're going to need a shit load of water to make rice and beans edible. Almost as much space on the food as the water needed to dehydrate it.

You also don't want caffeine in a survival situation as anything but an emergency pick me up. Caffeine is addictive, it makes you feel like shit if you miss your dosage. It doesn't perk you up at that point it drags you down and you need your fix to get on the level of everyone else by default. You don't want to start every day feeling like shit because you're a drug addict.

Paging Doctor LARPER. Come in Doctor LARPER. This if your wife calling, she wants your camo SUV so she can pick up her son. Calling Doctor LARPER, Calling Doctor LARPER

Filters need changing often if you're using them and anything sitting for more than a couple of months will need changing. Filters go bad pretty easy and you're going to watch some back ups in case of failure.

I seriously hope you guys don't listen to this. I'm positive he's got a government-mandated bull he's supposed to be prepping right now.

I have a shit load of water. I have a well plus a stream borders my neighbor's property. And believe it or not, I know how to use caffeine effectively, and I think it's absolutely vital for any survival situation: if I get a shitty night's sleep for some reason tonight, I'll survive tomorrow, but if SHTF and my life is in danger and I have to be awake and vigilant for 48 hours straight, I'd rather pump myself full of stimulants and deal with the consequences once I get the situation under control.

Not sure exactly what you mean by this, but I have a bunch of money and free time, so I can do whatever I want. That includes owning reloading supplies that I don't know how to use (though luckily I have the documentation that came with the press as well as reloading guides, so I'm confident that I'll be able to figure it out before my factory ammo reserves are depleted.) As an American, I do wish that I had a camo SUV, but unfortunately I'm stuck with a boring old fuel-efficient and reliable compact car.

Also, you seem to have an awful lot of criticism for everyone, but you haven't answered OP's question and told us what you've done to prepare. So far I assume you have a pallet of honey and sugar packets (presumably to go with tea?)

nitrocellulose bottles filled with piss?

I was gonna say, a hand-reloader kit is like $50 for a decent one. You can get the Lee Precision Breech Lock Hand Press Kit on Amazon for like $50 and any additional kit pieces you might need for another $30-$40. It takes a little practice, but you can leave it in a box until SHTF and it would take you like a couple hours of fiddling around with it to learn how to use it properly/maybe a couple days or a week to get good at it. If you wanna get good ahead of time there's like 50 youtube videos on how to use it properly. This isn't rocket science and any user who's not planning to stay in one place where they can reload in their garage/basement should consider purchasing one. It's not LARPing, it's just a kind of tool that you'd normally not use outside of specific scenarios.

Attached: 1350976_02_lee_precision_breech_lock_hand_640.jpg (640x360, 30.14K)

Yeah, we got the Lee Load-Master. I have a bunch of money but was not interested in reloading, but two of my close friends are interested in reloading and don't have a lot of money, so we ended up splitting it 3 ways. We've probably got about $800 invested in the press, various dies and whatnot for different calibers, plus a stock of powder, primers, brass, etc.

I'm slowly teaching myself how to use it, so I plan on becoming proficient with it before I NEED to use it.

I was considering buying one of those hand reloading kits for my personal cache… it's certainly a more portable solution.

Precisely

yup, almost died because I didnt know any better.

learn to grow potatoes, get a decent AR-15, a bolt, and a fuckoad of 5.56 brass

Get some antibiotics and take a first aid class

Just knowing how to grow potatoes which are stupid easy to do, treat an infection, and have a working rifle will count for alot

What happened?

I bought a water distiller last month after mostly just finding a bunch of retard-tier arguments against drinking distilled water. You made me look again and I found this who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap12.pdf which is at least plausible.

Get enough of everything to share with idiots around you, & remember things break. You should learn how to produce everything you plan on using long term. Teaching your community how to do things keeps idiots busy, and women feeling "fulfilled".
You need to control your waste.
Get multiple blowout kits, and a lot of triple antibiotic. Befriend doctors, dentists, ambulance workers, and every other kind of medical professional.
Bean, oats, multivitamins, heirloom seeds, hunting/trapping supplies
Reliable weapons you have trained with. Practice patrolling/recon now.
COPS ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS. THE STATE PARASITES ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS. Know what resources your neighbors have & if they are going to abandon them to move away in a disaster. Everyone who enters your community must be cleared by the leader, otherwise you're better off removing foreigners on sight. Books on survival/camping/woodworking/reloading/cooking/history/trading.
Keep yourself & your fancy toys dry, but more importantly out of sight.
Tobacco, alcohol, seasoning, lighters, bullets, spam, furs, SOCKS, razors
You cannot survive without this little bastard. Stockpile it or be prepared to raid the Detroit salt mines.
Cast iron & the oil to season it.
All hand tools, don't expect your generators to last. Extra sharpening stones for your knives/axes.
Moral is a huge part of survival. No one works if they're miserable.
Dogs for defense, companionship, and hunting. Cats for pest control if your dog doesn't hunt rats.

Attached: 802b02f8e761da3263a67bd9357f65be3db4da2387a75448295a50bc747bca67.jpg (1504x2964 218.03 KB, 1.34M)

None of you fucking tards know how to pressure can? You idiots only do hot water bath canning? Fuck me

Attached: 719b7b96c64743a4f60844c3f1683d665d3c09ae897abb04d991e3602a487ac9.png (349x427, 168.42K)

Where can we learn how to can properly, faggot?

This is clearly a commercial, and they show the retarded 2-part lid, please ignore that. Use a single part lid.

BEFORE IT COOLS wrap some twine around it, and dip the top in hot wax. When it hardens, the twine can be used to break the wax and ready the jar for opening.

The wax helps form superior vacuum seal, and prevents oxygen from getting in.

How does one go about purchasing antibiotics and other meds from Canada/Mexico in the US?

They're both airtight, what's the difference? Of all the fucking things to be a snob about, you pick this?

Steam under pressure allows for higher temperatures and also helps sterilize everything by displacing any air.

Greetings Zig Forums A normal lurker now needs your assistance. I am working on prepping for a SHTF moment and I need to bug out. I am working on building my equipment up and have a couple questions to ask you guys. A couple things to keep note of first though.

1. I have very little resources other than myself. There is no-one around me that can help me as they have refused to help or can't help which is why I have turned to here. This means that while there are people around me with the info I need. They have decided against teaching me important parts. I have only basic info that I have gleaned from them over time.

2. I have a group of friends that have stated that if SHTF they will be knocking on my door.

Now for the questions

1. I am looking into buying a gasmask and hazmat combo to help for protection in any situation that isn't a bullet coming for me. I have mostly decided on buying the M50 US military standard issue gas mask along with some lab boots and hazmat suits. I also have a radiation counter that I like and copious amounts of duct tape to seal the joints. I need thoughts on my choice of gas masks and any tips/tricks/necessities as pertaining to chemical/radiation warfare.

2. I want to build my own rifle for defense. I have been looking into building my own AR platform chambered in .308 because I don't feel .223 NATO will be truly best suited in a SHTF scenario other than how much of the bloody stuff there is. I was thinking a .308 chambered AR and a 9mm sidearm has my main armaments. Any tips on how to build such a rifle would be appreciated but I do have a guide off of pewpewtactical that seems to be legit and I am following it. Yes I am buying an 80% lower.

3. I have bought my first true knife and was curious as to Zig Forums's opinion on it and if there would be a better knife for survival. (Picture is my knife). It is a 9.5 inch blade and about 14 inches overall with a full tang. The center of weight is in approximately the middle of the blade.

4. What vehicle would Zig Forums recommend as a bug-out vehicle? I have been looking at a jeep wrangler or ram truck due to affordability, but I have also been looking into building my own here as well. my prepping is not a short-term do it and forgot it as you can probably tell.

5. any additional info that may be useful I would be thankful for you posting as well.

(reposting in general thread because newfag will newfag)

Attached: Untitled.png (3741x1080, 4.1M)

Not eating the rats yourself? Rookie mistake.

Whew, there’s a lot to parse through here. First off, what’d you do to piss off the people who know shit? Fix it. If SHTF as bad as you sound like you want to prepare for, you’ll need their help.

Other people will know more about gas masks than I do, but make sure it’s nuclear-rated and you’ll need to replace them from time to time as they do go bad. As far as air sealing goes, buy a gorillion cans of spray foam and foam every fucking gap you can find. Pull the trim off your doors and windows and spray the gaps underneath as well. Depressurize your house by turning on your dryer, bath/kitchen fans, and the fan on your heater and see if you can feel air moving in with your hands around exterior walls throughout your house. Use a lighter to catch really small drafts. This will also save you money on heating/cooling.

I don’t know why you think caliber of AR matters that much, but unless you’ve got the funds to buy a fuckhuge amount of .308, I’d just stick with .223. Since I know you won’t listen to me anyway and you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about, just watch youtube vids on how to construct it.

Knife looks alright, I’d want a tang closer to the hilt myself but that’ll work.

Vehicle depends on the terrain you plan on using it in and what you want it to perform best at. Unless you live in the wooded boonies, I’d recommend a basic truck with decent gas mileage and 4WD that’ll run forever and is easiest to repair, so basically a Toyota. I don’t know what you’re talking about with “building my own”, but it sounds like you’re insane. That said, something that might work on all fronts for you and would require you to be insane would be a japanese kei truck, modified for all-terrain. Do an image search, they’re pretty great.

Additional info that will be useful is that you’re probably going to die very quickly if something did actually happen.

If SHTF most people are going to die quickly if something did happen. As I have little information I am shotgunning ideas until I find something that works. Even if it makes me look insane now it may save my ass later. For the caliber thing I have always preferred shooting .308 versus .223, but you are probably right that if SHTF that .223 is better. As for who I pissed off I didn't piss anyone off as much as they have no interest in sharing. My attempts to learn have been blown off so I assume I did something wrong, but it is beyond me what. As for car building they have kits for that and I have friends that have done it although with mixed degrees of success. Thanks for the response though despite my apparently obvious inadequate info on the subject.

I'm allergic to most grain, so my options for stored carbs are basically cornmeal and mashed potato flakes. How fucked am I?

See now the rats is looking pretty good, hell you could eat the cats and dogs too. Or just just start eating people. If people start telling you that eating humans is wrong eat them too.

Do what we do and buy them from someone who visits there.

Anybody with allergies is fucked in a SHTF situation. You think you have it bad? I'm allergic to penicillin.

This nigger gets it.

Attached: 1520868857491.jpg (781x1024, 435.24K)

Consistently eating the apex predator of your environment is a terrible idea, as apex predator also take in all the toxic shit that is in their prey.
If you think fatties are an easy prey you will be in for a bad surprise once you take in the toxins that are in their meat for a longer time.
The only thing you can do if burn their bodies once they are dead, so that they don't contaminate the environment like its already the case with wild boars in industrial countries.

Nigger is the key word here, don't act like shitskins or you will be killed.

This, nevermind the diseases humans (hell primates in general, HIV/AIDS originally came from primates that people had eaten) carry.

Attached: k's_guide_to_farming.png (3872x2232, 1.98M)

These guys >>594773 are right, you two are niggers, and you're not only gonna catch AIDS, Hep A/B/C _and_ Kuru, you're going to die of all the toxins and parasites you get from doing so. Leave the cannibalism to the real niggers.

Attached: African lunch break -WARNING; CANNIBALISM.webm (640x352, 1.91M)

Learn how to opsec, faggot.
Try running in a gasmask. It restricts airflow & can cause sever exhaustion. Be prepared for this.
Get quality parts from someone like Aero Precision or better. Don't be a nigger & jerry rig your tools in place when milling out the lower receiver. Use a proper drill press.

There are better full sized rifles than AR-10s, but you seem bound & determined. Make sure it's squared away & you are comfortable having less ammo for more weight.

9mm glock polymer80 lowers work. Get the gen 2 kit with metal slide rails.

Good knife, get 3-4 smaller knives. You can never have too many high quality full tang knives. I like the esee 5" and the Becker BK2

Not a Ram. Get something ugly than no one would want to loot, or steal for fun. I personally like Toyota from the 90s. Any old diesel is good if you can repair & feed it. The only thing wrong with modern trucks that take regular are the excessive & hackable computers in them.

Networking & community building is better than going stalker. Learn about small unit tactics, & what the accounting equation actually means. 48 laws of power is a good read. Generators are loud. Sound attracts niggers, zombies, and other parasites with large smiles. Make double purpose items, like rope belts, duct tape wrapped lighters, ect. If you cannot get to something in 15mins you don't own it.

Attached: Meme_5fe8aa_6461360.jpg (810x2026 87.42 KB, 289.87K)

a-user, I-I'm happy.

Attached: Dean.gif (250x200, 771.88K)

Actually, pressure canning is WAY more sanitary, and is the only way to safely can foods that aren't super acidic (particularly meat.)

Although that guy is being kind of a dick. 99% of normal human beings don't know how to can at all, let alone pressure can.

Move away before SHTF. Those people refusing to help will rob you. Your friends will rob you and be of very little if any help at all. If they aren't willing to help you prep now, they will be leeches or worse; the people who murder you for your supplies later user. Do not trust those sort of niggers. No matter how many smiles they put on or how much they're friendly to you, they are the sort of people who will lynch you for a fucking pack of cigarettes if they ever get desperate.

It's the best feeling in the world friend.

Got two Presto pressure canners, 16qt and 23qt.

Aye. I might eventually do one for bee keeping once I learn that. My prep strategy is to have actual resource production, and enough people loyal to protect it. (Large family, trustworthy friends.) At that point I can expand operations, hire/assimilate more muscle, and create a small settlement with me as the leader.

what camo pattern is that? Also, good post.

It's the Finnish M05 Cold weather suit.

Alright guys, I have pic related in my closet and would like to turn it into I guess my "shits going down" vest. If fit hit the shan, I'm bugging in. So this lbv would be used to fight off the potential undesirables that may come into my neighborhood. What pouches and gear do I need to add?

Didn't post pic.
I was a poor fag when I got this. I'd like to try and use what I have instead of just buying something.

Attached: 15320637024491825967187436368488.jpg (4032x3024, 3.88M)

I got these from SORD Australia (they also have a US store - SORD USA). They were in a clearance sale so I was able to get both for $76.

The quality is fantastic! I know soldiers who have SORD vests and plate carriers that have lasted multiple tours of duty in Afghanistan. And Aussie soldiers use their equipment (including LBEs and pouches) to destruction.

And SORD still have some great stuff on sale at the moment.

Attached: SAPF014010110.jpg (800x800 73.04 KB, 134.28K)

Magazines, cleaning kit, torch, water bottles, water bottle pouches, and maybe a camelbak if you have one.

If this is your put-this-on-for-fightin'-off-niggers vest, your best bet is to just fill it with mags, handguns, a knife or two, maybe a baton, maybe pepper spray, and a bright little flashlight with a scalloped bezel. If you're bugging in (in a location where you presumably have a lot of supplies) you don't really need a cleaning kit/water/anything that's NOT for fighting.

The can or canner manufacturacters, Ball, Presto, whoever else, have been putting out instruction booklets for generations. Everything you see will reference government safety guidelines of whenever it was made. You can also get a modern copy of Carla Emery's ""Encyclopedia of Country Living"" for 20 or 30 bucks, and it has lots of shit about growing food and animals as well.

Canning has it's downsides, but the safety aspect of pressure canning is worth the price of the canner and learning how to do it. Kids can figure it out, so can you. Though perhaps not

That second image irks me. A sling can be an important piece of equipment. Paracord deteriorates, the weaving means the length will vary. If you are going to need cord, and you will, you should have it where there is less of a tradeoff on using it. Hell, just go buy it by the spool. If you use it in daily life because it's handy, you'll be much more ready to be good at rationing it or tying the right knots or inventing ways for it to help you.

Protip: Just cut off your fat and choke on it, you fucking fat 56% mutts.

Useful info if this is legal in your area:

hooktube.com/watch?v=_7jiIQOgwtI

With $30 of stuff you can make 9mm/shotgun resistant body armour!

Here's another one. This stops 556, though it's less durable.
youtube.com/watch?v=B1xKpwZwE_4

user, being how you are, im sure you would have figured this out eventually, but…
people like you will be hunted like the beasts you are, no one likes a person who would try to eat them, no one, hence why komodo dragons stay the fuck away from each other, i would call you a communist but even they can get along enough to not eat each other, be prepared to get fucked hard in the ass should you decide to follow thru with that plan of yours,

Since uncle Sam's shut down, what is the best place to buy surplus stuff now?