Zig Forumstech

I don't know where to talk about this/ask about it, but since this is Zig Forums technology and semi-weapons related, I guess it will do fine here. Are UIDM/PCIDM/CombatNet data modems controlled devices? Can I just order them off of supply websites or is that for mil sourcers only? Has anyone purchased these in the past?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-07-17 19-24-49.png (1014x496, 270.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sealevel.com/product/9064-arc-231-acc-188-pcmcia-synchronous-serial-radio-adapter-for-arc-231/
sealevel.com/product-category/functionality/synchronous-serial-functionality/page/2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

U wot? It's literally just a device that converts a digital signal to an analog signal and vice versa. Based off the look of it, it's not even using any proprietary formats – just Ethernet and cable.

Although I won't completely rule out some governmental retardation making it a controlled device.

sealevel.com/product/9064-arc-231-acc-188-pcmcia-synchronous-serial-radio-adapter-for-arc-231/

Attached: 9064-ARC-231.jpg (1000x1000, 111.59K)

sealevel.com/product-category/functionality/synchronous-serial-functionality/page/2/

I want to listen to my local ATC and police/EMS/fire comms. Online lines don't exist. As far as I know, the only deal with this stuff is that you must be unable to transmit, only receive. What's some consumer-grade radios, police scanners, or whatever that will help me achieve my goal and what type and level of fuckery is involved?

That is satcom. This is specifically for linking radios into computers. With a UIDM you can just flick packets at the network and have them float over, assuming you can make your own scheduling system so things don't broadcast over top of each-other.

Attached: 3e74577464e122eb3e18be3faf34b2f8d6be8c9560bd0cbc42e2af5b6d57ec54.jpeg (622x521, 59.13K)

Did you ask Zig Forums?
If there is something they know is comms networks.

a) The "Zig Forums Questions and Support" thread would probably know about this
b) If "Zig Forums Questions and Support" doesn't have an answer, you can try the Zig Forums QTDDTOT

>>>/hamradio/

When did Zig Forums get this bad?

Attached: question mark.jpg (270x320, 17.82K)

if the modem contains military grade (en,de)cryption chips, you won't be allowed to have one. If that's the case, the order page *should* be pretty plain who can, and can't get one … or the whole company's e-commerce site won't let you order until you log in, and your login has to be confirmed as valid by a human, which will include verifying your privilege level by calling your employer to ask about why this request for an account came in.

Barring any of that, just order the stupid thing. Worst that could happen is you'll get added to yet another watch list.

Don't they just use AES?

Zig Forums harbor.

Nice D&C, autist.

Yes, but the hardware for decryption is separated from the system itself, so it can be cleared with a flick of a switch. Actually things that handle the radio aren't illegal to sell, just things with live keys on them. This shouldn't have anything like that anyways, its just a data modem.

Attached: no step on snek.png (900x600, 103.14K)

So OP, when did you decide that you want to build a weapons system?

You did more damage to the quality of this site than Josh leaking the IPs of everyone who tried his Next beta, magapede. It's too late to save Zig Forums and it is all your fault.

I hope you autistic fucks realize what OP is doing. The UIDM is a key part needed for controlling radios for large scale C&C. He is trying to DIY an air strike system. Like theater level shit.

Honestly you would have an easier time making this kind of shit yourself. The radios you would use will be cheaper and the systems easier to make. Just don't be afraid of coding.

Observe, the pretend oldfag in his natural habitat.

Attached: 7a5f2406b841db7f4e7278796c52b82ea2d1c674f78f9253fef8340fe23f0204.gif (549x598, 211.02K)

Don't worry, it is for a pretty civilian application of military technology.

glhf, just don't commit any spillage here faggot.

AES is an open standard, anyone can trivially look up how it's performed. It's basically a modified short-key Vernam cipher anyway; it's a dirt simple algorithm (that's why Rijndael was chosen apparently). The hardware used for encrypting and decrypting traffic is useless. The only thing useful about the hardware would be if every modem in every unit everywhere used a single pre-set key flashed into ROM, which would be so pants-on-head retarded that everyone from China down to ISIS would have the key by now. In all probability, it either uses a rotating key set by the user or, more likely, an asymmetric RSA key that's burned into the ROM and is used to negotiate AES keys with other units using DH.

Hang on, I'm retarded. I just realized it's a modem. If that's the case, it probably doesn't involve itself in crypto at all. Encrypting and decrypting data is something that's typically done by "client" stuff (radios, workstations, etc) and not network gear.

Behold, I give you a high-tech, transformative air strike system! It's not just a modem, but a router too! And a switch! And a hardware firewall!

Attached: cisco-4000-isr.png (1498x550, 369.91K)

Police, .mil, and ATC have generally moved to trunked systems in urban areas. Look into receiving trunked transmissions with an SDR, you should be able to pull it off for ~$50. No guarantees the trunked transmissions won't be encrypted once you mange to successfully receive them.

If RadioReference has non-trunked freqs listed you can receive those with a simple $30 SDR set-up, but bear in mind that those freqs are usually sent from repeaters owned by the city and they can choose to filter out any given transmission.

I once set up a trunk tracking system with 2 sdrs but the problem I ran into is the freqs that the trunked system reported were not coming in. Basically even though I could pick up the trunking signal and hop to the channels I couldn't recieve the actual comms(bad signal). I wonder how the radios get around this.

Attached: efbdbe66e12ef930445caada430f1877fc86d18e83504ab7c43bde001d791629.gif (492x376, 336.71K)

if you want 1000+ph spam boards go elsewhere for your fix