Tokarev thread

I decided to treat myself and picked up a couple M57 Tokarev's for 200 a piece, along with a crate of 7.62x25. How do you all like yours? Do you appreciate the caliber, or wish it was in something else? Is 7.62x25 any good for reloading? I'll be sure to post pictures of them once they arrive at my FFL. This will be my first experience with corrosive ammunition, is cleaning it once every range trip advised or unneccesary?

Attached: F1YM57.jpg (800x520, 101.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

classicfirearms.com/zastava-m57-tokarev-yugo
republicbroadcasting.org/news/the-army-may-have-found-its-next-rifle-in-a-colorado-garage/
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/23/shot-2018-fdm-l5-pseudo-caseless-rifle/
classicfirearms.com/pol-pps-43c/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't own one but I'd like to because of the caliber, lack of pansy shit like safety and the overall look of it

Because of the ATF's fantastic shitty import laws, these pistols are outfitted with a slide mounted safety. I'm pretty excited, I've read a lot about 7.62x25's preformance in the Tokarev platform.

isn't the safety tacked on and barely working?

I've shot it on a range a few times, extremely fun
Vid somewhat related.

It is. I'm going to see if I can't either replace the slide or remove the safety. Speaking of, how are the aftermarket grips? Do they feel any better in the hand?

7.62x25 is awesome for reloading, you can get insane performance out of it. Make sure you handload loads that people rate as safe for tok's because people have blown those up with smg ammo before.

The factory Serbian safety is functional and fine, it's the tacked on ones the importers added to the earlier imports that are dogshit.

Is there a difference in commercial 7.62x25 ammo? I bought a crate of Romainian surplus corrosive as fuck 86 gr. Do I need to find something specific?

So guys, where has all of the European commercial Tokarev ammo been disappearing to? I'm at the point where I'm tempted to set up a conversion line to make brass from .223 and use 110 gr. bullets intended for the M! carbine just to have ammo that doesn't cost more per round than most rifle and magnum handgun ammo.
Also, the M70 and M88 are pretty good guns mechanically. The M88 shoots well, but my M70 shoots so high I have to use the rear notch alone on target to be able to hit the paper at 15 yards.

Any good double stack Tokarev ?
The caliber is too good to be only single.

IIRC some surplus ammo runs hot enough to defeat soft body army. Commercial ammo does not. MAC had a vid on it.

Hard primers might lead to you cocking the hammer again, I'd run through a box or two to see how good your hammer and firing pin are before actually considering them for anything besides plinking.

Why not just go straight to the source?

Attached: Colt_1903_right_side[1].jpg (725x544, 117.03K)

vs.
gee I wonder

Chinks made a 226 clone that ate 7.62

The Dominion Arms P762, interesting.

Attached: BRB putting sack in Tokarev.jpg (928x496, 144.51K)

Attached: 9dAua0.gif (320x213, 1.83M)

Stop smoking crack. Shooter grade 1903's can be had for $3-400.

Okay, let's do the comparison again.
vs.

Why not just require a paid account at this point?

Took long enough but my Tokarev's came in. I bought 2 M57's and a crate of 1260 Romanian surplus 7.62x25 cartridges. Only 200 per pistol and 340 for the ammunition, I thought this shit was supposed to be cheap?

Attached: IMG_20180808_213426915 - Copy (2).jpg (5344x3006, 5.64M)

Just picked up an M57 for cheap from a dude that needed money. Like it so far, I've had a CZ-52 before and wasn't really fond of it. Any good sources for replacement/extra power recoil springs?

You missed the cheap surplus boat by about 8 years.

It's a cap from 6 years ago

It sucks being born a decade late. At least I can reload with .223 cases.

Pics related: My guns, just got the tokarev last weekend. Other pics are of grips and accessories.

Here's some links in case anyone has money they need to waste:

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (600x579 185.75 KB, 41.09K)

Never understood why people even like this thing. What's so special about it?

What's not special about it?

They're typically (With the exception of the CZ-52), all-steel simplified Colt designs firing what's basically a .32 at a velocity higher than a lot of modern .357 Magnum loadings, ammo is readily available (Even if surplus is no longer 4cpr), and the guns themselves are quite inexpensive. What's not to like?

Attached: Jump_to_Lightspeed.jpg (960x531, 34.99K)

What do Zig Forums prefer: cz-52 or TT? Which one would last longer and simpler, i.e. better innawoods handgun?

That's a sexy little Tokarev you got there.

Attached: 0949.png (514x456, 208.53K)

Nice fuckin' grips comrade, just ordered a set. How well does yours shoot?

The CZ-52 was a prototype pushed into production because the Czechs didn't want Russian designs.
Most of the exports are okay, but the slides were not properly monitored while heat-treated and can be soft and malleable or hard and brittle - there are sometimes punch marks on them as a hardness test.
The exterior of the chamber has a stupidly minimal amount of material due to how much space the rollers take up and a majority of barrel failures happen there.
The firing pins are brittle and warrant a steel replacement to be ordered.
The main receiver, however, is almost indestructible and you don't have to worry about it.

Now, that isn't to say that the TT-33 is perfection, since those fail too, but it takes a lot more pressure to crack the slide in modern Colt fashion.

Then is there a better SHTF pistol that a TT with a good grip?

TT-33 is fine, you don't have to worry about normal ammunition blowing it up. The only reason I know how it breaks is because some guy did it on purpose with handloads.

The best of weapons. Too bad I'm too Jewish to buy one.

Attached: Tanaka.Punie.full.1494959.jpg (667x800, 168.27K)

Where did you find a safetyless M57? That's exactly what I'm looking for. I want an M57, but not that kludged-on, import-compliance horseshit safety the fucking ATF forces it to have.

Considering that the jews in the USSR used Tokarevs to execute innocent people en masse, I think you can't be too jewish for this gun.

Btw, can there be any problems with a single action semiauto without safety(ex. TT)? Is it dangerous to wear it with a chambered round?

here pal

classicfirearms.com/zastava-m57-tokarev-yugo

just buy a non-niggered trigger and drop it in and you are ready to go

No, I mean I can't justify spending money on it when I already have a functioning pistol.

Yeah, which is why they were usually carried without a round in the chamber.
Lowering the hammer risks your greasy thumb letting it slip on a live round and even if you did all it takes is a solid slap to make it go off.

Wonderfully, it needs some breaking in as it doesn't manually extract right. I'm glad someone else appreciates the grips C-Comrade

Thanks

Can second on Marschal grips, they are excellent!

Attached: 39900004_231803967497545_6061654651000848384_n.jpg (4032x3024, 1.76M)

Where can I find the adapter for a Tokarev can?

republicbroadcasting.org/news/the-army-may-have-found-its-next-rifle-in-a-colorado-garage/

The Army is studying Grier’s gun and
has ordered a military-grade prototype.
The specifications are incredible, four
6 mm barrels cut side by side within
one steel block. New ammunition blocks
fired by electromagnetic actuators that
could theoretically give the weapon a
firing rate of 250 rounds per second.
And then there’s the feature no soldier
would turn down. “It’s called a power
shot,” Grier said.

That’s the shotgun feature of this
sniper-shot, machine-assault gun
that can send four bullets simultaneously
whizzing toward an enemy at more than 2,500 mph.

Attached: 5bad3975ed301.image_-840x561.jpg (400x267, 18.63K)

Always meant to pick one up. Never got around to it. Love 7.62x25, though

Where;d you get them, by the way? I thought I fucked up, not getting them years ago, as now I only ever seem to see them for 300 or so.

That's interesting, especially since it's not really caseless, the blocs (which act as a chamber) are "ejected" once empty to reduce heat.

Attached: FDM Promotional Video (720p_30fps_H264-192kbit_AAC).mp4 (1920x1080, 14.91M)

Like Mass Effect?

This gun is what would happen if Project SPIW was still active.

No, in Mass Effect small arms are railguns fire particles of dust at retard-high velocities. The heat sinks don't hold any ammunition or electricity, they only store the heat that the weapons generate upon firing. Of course, it was much better in the first Mass Effect game where such heat sinks didn't exist. You could balance how much each shot heats the gun, and overheating it only put it out from the action for a short time. In Mass Effect 2 they trashed the whole system, and you can't just let the gun cool down on its own.

It's smart because everyone and his mom knows caseless biggest obstacle is that propellant can't be combustible AND have the strength of brass.

A block case is acceptable as long as its reloadable and lighter than a loaded mag.

I wish I was american.

Attached: 558407b117c5de991d140ea4bb26222e40d6f7e0078290d5dc41fdad87f659d0.jpg (500x712, 37.39K)

Are you sure about that? Oh wait.
You're already a cuck. Are you sure you want to be a cuckmutt?

A caseless ammunition system with a case that's thicker than current ammunition. It's like we've gone full circle and now we're back to the Gatling prototype that used reloadable chambers.

do you own any guns at all?

>muh /intl/ cancermeme

OP here, surprised my thread's still up lol.

I found the M57's on Classic Firearms, they were on sale for $200 a piece so I got one for me and my girlfriend as a fun set of matching slavguns. They're back up to $230 or something now. Not bad, but not as good. My only problem is find cheap Tok food

Don't even respond to that nigger. He contributes nothing and tries to stir shit up in literally every thread. Filter the faggot and move on.

But it can't be because the material is either the same as a typical chamber or a typical brass case. Except thicker and therefore heavier.

Also, the way they have chosen to arrange these does not allow for staggering, creating cruciform voids that would normally be filled with propellant but are now filled with metal.

This how the first Gatling funs and wall funs worked. Reloadable chambers were necessary when machining or stamping thin-walled brass cartridges was not possible. That's no longer the case, no pun intended.

Also, you can't reload these hot and you'd need to scour the field for these damaged blocs after any action. If magazines take a beating from normal use these will too. Magazines, though, don't need to contain the pressure of firing.

If you're dead set on a multi-barrel gun feeding blocs you can do better. A partial rotating sleeve would allow chicklets to feed vertically thru the action from a more conventional magazine under the weapon. It doesn't even have to be a full 90 deg turn on the sleeve and you could have 4-5 barrels (not sure why you'd need that many, more weight imo). Smaller feed/ejection port, straight feed, cartridge is fully supported, and could maybe be made of something like plastic (think Dardick trounds) to reduce consumption of strategic materials and reduce weight (maybe).

Patriot Gunner on TFB described the FDM best when he called it "hot garbage".
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/23/shot-2018-fdm-l5-pseudo-caseless-rifle/

Attached: f0f91e9e3ba84422fd158eae596dda78ca30d472fa5ee032751667caa4ba5b30.gif (530x945 76.26 KB, 188.53K)

You can flip 7.62x39 bullets in the top case and they shoot perfectly. Lever and tends have cheep surplus still

Hayro roundi
You wan…..you liiiike

Attached: 04EF98B4-5F75-4D3C-A1D9-1588C68EA778.jpeg (4032x3024, 875.62K)

Not fair.

How that thing work reminds me of a Vintage Japanese Machine Gun

lol!

Where can I find cheaper ammunition for this gun? It's really fun to shoot but damn it the ammo expensive. Also any recommendations on modifications/attachments?

Well the multibore thing is silly but frankly for a DMR having basically no mechanical travel + minimal heat transferred to the gun while keeping the repeat fire ability sounds good and it wouldn't matter much to have a differently packaged ammo as it's already the case.
The real question is is that thing accurate.

Where exactly do you find these? pawn shops?

What do you guys think of this Polish PPS-43C?
classicfirearms.com/pol-pps-43c/

IO has their sticky fingers in the pot on them watch for lemons try to buy one in person

A few, AR, PTR91, CZ Scorpion Evo, CZ P-09, and a formerly a Sig 320. I just can't justify milsurp or really gucci guns.

meme gun