Trump to Meet with Video Game Executives to Discuss Gun Violence

President Donald Trump will meet with executives from the video game industry next week to talk about gun violence, the White House announced on Thursday.

Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said at the press briefing that the meeting will be in the context of issues of violence and school safety, and the executives will offer their input “to see what they can do on that front.”

But the Entertainment Software Association, which represents video game companies, said that the meeting is news to them.

“ESA and our member companies have not received an invitation to meet with President Trump,” the group said in a statement.

While Trump indicated support for a series of gun measures on Wednesday in a meeting with Capitol Hill lawmakers, last week he also talked about the problem with violence in video games and movies, and suggested that the current rating system was not adequate.
variety.com/2018/politics/news/trump-video-game-executives-gun-violence-1202714592/

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2516427/Sandy-Hook-shooter-Adam-Lanza-83k-online-kills-massacre.html
twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/280812064539283457
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fucking WHY

Lol as if talking with a few us dev team heads means anything to the industry as a whole. What we need to watch out for is if they want to start passing any bills that resemble anything from the kangaroos.

all gun violence can be traced back to video games. Howard Unruh had just played a violent pinball machine before his spree.

Fourth-dimensional retardation.

He's gone senile, holy shit

Who could have ever seen this coming?

Attached: 77447b7ad2bd6d79264072249c5bea9a67cdc1da97b3ffa979b6099d93f70be3.jpg (960x454, 53.64K)

Of course, it can't be the SSRI's that psychiatrists over-prescribe to teenagers: there's too much money to be made in that industry.

Eh, the autopsy of Adam Lanza found no drugs of any kind in his system.

Attached: Caution.jpg (600x595, 215.62K)

But did it find video games?

Well, actually. . . .
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2516427/Sandy-Hook-shooter-Adam-Lanza-83k-online-kills-massacre.html

I want to see a talk with Trump and Howard

Wasn't Adam Landza some faggot 2nd placer on American Idol

His brother is the president of Bethesda studios or maybe all of Zenimax I can't remember which. Either way fucking due process and wasting time with Hillary scapegoats is a one way ticket to a article of removal.

Todd Howard needs to have talk with him

Everything they make is cancer anyway. Jap and small time devs will continue to make the shit worth playing.

Attached: huge fukn anime titties.png (538x536, 425.8K)

Best of luck buying them if Trump decides that they're the cause of gun violence though.

Quintillion D chess? This is fuckin stupid. I remember they tried to spin this shit again when mw2 was released

He's not banning video games (like that would still prevent me from getting them). The most that could happen is that T rated games become M rated, and M rated becomes A rated or some pointless shit like that.

Which would reduce the number of shops stocking them (including online). This would reduce the already fairly risky profits the company gets from their products. That would both raise prices and result in fewer games being made. Increased restriction has never been good for an industry.

Steam has monopoly, and its run by anarchkiddies

Combat Arms, Call of Duty, Gears of War warped his fragile mind.
If only he would have played Team Fortress, then everyone would have gotten hats

Trump has hurt his base so much in the last week it'll make your head spin. I can tell after this I'm not voting republican this year or 2020 evem if nothing happens theres literally no difference.

"Take the guns first due process second"

Unforgivable

there are millions of retards who actually think that vidya makes you kill people, and these retards vote

No one buys that shit anymore and after his gun grab comments hes killing his party before the mid terms.

Drumpf

Since the term gun violence does not even specify criminal acts and can include self-defense and police shootings, gun violence is a false issue. If anything, we should have more of it to help clean out the ghettos and take out some top level bankers.

Besides, some people whine about human overpopulation so increasing violence in a general sense would help.

I hope they tell him to go fuck himself.

We have already been through this.

Attached: chapter7-the-foundationsoffreedomofexpressionfoote2-3-638.jpg (638x479, 87.32K)

If you've ever worked or been to a GameStop you'd see how wrong you are. Parents would literally flash ids for their kids (as you can't buy an M rated game unless you're 17, you need parents permission) in order to get their 12 year old Call of Duty:Modern Nanny.

Even if it was A rated with violent scenes including a live evisceration burgercucks wouldn't bat an eye until a titty is slipped.

Attached: kids-and-cod.jpg (595x413, 200.96K)

NRA has old fart money

Gamers have …..

Trump,"How can pinball machines be violent"?
When he sees the xtreme,it's video game over.

he was my fuck toy

Attached: index.jpg (299x168, 4.71K)

My 14 yr old nephew wanted m rated games,but my sis said no way,so he cut the legs off his gerbil in frustration

Because point-n-click games (FPS) are all we're fucking getting now a days.

Trump is doing us all a favor by trying to kill COD and those other dog shit.
For the children

Attached: 67c44641a761674dbd26037ad21bd81be43d79432fc2fc35900f6ec6ebb60e15.jpg (624x336, 168.36K)

Sandy Hook was a hoax. The shootings committed by Eric & Dylan, Vtech shooter, Kip Kinkel, Jason Hoffman, and James Holmes were not.

fuck off conspiracy nut

Your life is a reality game show,user.
We enjoy watching you and your pain

Big if true.

Oh boy, what will I do without mountains of shovelware to dig through.

((Merchants))

This is fake, I searched Trump's tweet archive did not find anything like this.

Please do it

twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/280812064539283457
First result when you Google trump video game tweet.

You think Trump gives a shit about the constitution? He still hasn't enacted veto-proof Russian tariffs. He said he wanted to extra-judicially steal guns. Either of those two things alone should be a constitutional crisis.

Even if he can't directly censor the video games, he can make them very difficult to sell, like how Ao rated games are currently. If you have to ask the employee to take you behind the counter to get CoD or provide photo-id to Steam, then do you think that publishers will still make those games?

For another example, it would be perfectly constitutional to make it so you have to get a license to play violent games.

I just realized that I searched for video games instead of video game, my mistake.

Just imagine if more kids played Dwarf Fortress instead.

Attached: Dwarf Fortress learning curve.jpg (500x486, 83.66K)

If it kills Overwatch, then it is an opposite of a problem. I would rather stick to Nintendo's out of touch bullshit.

Attached: jeff kikeplan banning you for being mean, overwatch.webm (640x360, 1.65M)

Sounds like the discussion is being railroaded.

It's going to inevitably affect everything, not just the shit you hate. Give an inch and they'll take way more than a mile. As shit as AAA games are, there's no excuse for this. Don't be fags, you fags.

Attached: 1175963920849.gif (320x180, 770.09K)

Attached: awoo7575678.png (523x346, 65.7K)

this

that

The videogame industry has gone downhill ever since companies listened feminism, special snowflakes, twitter in general and specially (you). That media will be just a bad memory, no more scammers, no more "Jerking off to lolies doesn't mean I'm a closet pedophile", no more dickless soulless companies like Nintendo, no more worthless pieces of shits who cry wolf.

Attached: Sammy mirth.jpg (282x355, 21.27K)

Videogames weaken the Nation. I hope he goes after anime next.

I know you're being ironic but seriously this will accomplish nothing.

What are indie games?
What are self made games?

Retard

The current industry is bad because idiots like (You) supported these money grubbing marxist kike corporations for decades. feminism is just the icing on the cake and it's only a prominent thing because of kikes.

We live in a time where we can entertain ourselves but faggots who still believe in (((brand loyalty))) choose to support corruption.

What did he mean by this?

4D chess which never materializes, duh.

He meant "I'm too retarded to use buzzwords in even a slightly coherent manner"

Will multidimensional chess be banned to?

There are actually a fuck-load of studies showing the link between exposure to violence in video games and anti-social personality disorders. Seriously, just google for it, there are dozens.

HJHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH TRUMPCUCKS ON THIS SITE VOTED FOR THIS FUCKING CLOWN HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Attached: 5a35b4f1a6dd8d6e04e13b4e4b1c482b69997d57836ceed9c1477e6056a4ae1b.gif (300x168, 1.28M)

there are lots of studies that say being racist makes you stupid, bet you ignore those though

why take games away from lawful game owners because a few criminals own games?

Only when those studies are done by (((unbiased left leaning professionals)))

ESA didn't help us during GG. What if Trump attacks the most egregious aGG companies and destroys them by exposing this business practices and make ID required for M games purchase?

If only adults play adult games there be no pandering to children or dumbing things down.
Maybe the conartists will leave games and move to some thing easier?

right but the video game studies could never be done by (((unbiased neocon leaning professionals))), nope

Because stupid jew loving american republitards voted for this clown.

Based Trump killing off one of the worst vidya genres to ever exist. Maybe he can kill off TPS as well and then vidya will be free from normalfags at last.

Attached: 1420764962068.jpg (480x640, 221.84K)

checks out, now go to take your estrogen injections so you can continue turning into a girl faggot

Go back.

lol

LOL

Attached: 1794cd44e2aef2a20fcea1967750a20d60575ad65688c94c63c960ff08640fc5.jpg (800x1200, 152.26K)

the fact that anyone in this thread thinks is at all a good idea for a president to even be addressing just shows how stupid both he and his supporters are. seriously, there are more important things to worry about (that are actual, real problems) but i guess this simpleton bs is just perfect for those who fawn over petty tweets like they were classic american literature.

every thread

Attached: dc97a04998772a0b436d9c2d99ad3461d2f49d62a959d6cd996546a492ca237d.jpg (629x823, 198.55K)

LMAO thanks for proving me right weebcuck
literally babbies playing boardgames, scared of pressure because you were raised by a single mother and you have low T, Sad!

t. normie

Attached: 10d5d0ab127e95b9a49eba8517093b3b013c5b00db9783ddd0f300a097cae6e6.jpg (600x800, 76.66K)

>no profits means SJWs and (((film industry))) rejects fuck off somewhere else

Attached: 01f169990cac06137d2f344a25784c998e7b82560a0e947555049d4e5b766796.png (853x480, 509.09K)

cool story bro

reminder that most people here fell for one of two shitty choices and that there were other choices