Load Bearing Equipment - Redpill request

Zig Forumsommandos - I need to be redpilled on load bearing equipment (LBE).

What kind of LBE do you recommend? Chest rigs? Plate carriers? Old school style vests? Something else?

Is it a good idea to have a water bladder on your LBE in a pouch on the back? Does this cause problems when using a rucksack?

What manufacturers would you recommend? And who should I avoid buying from?

Attached: VTAC Assault Chest Rig.jpeg (914x1200, 695.85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

762tactical.com/chest-rigs/with-senw-on-pouches/chicom-chest-rig.html
images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41kPbcelXyL.jpg)
archive.is/9us6q
platatac.com/platatac-3s-belt-pad-mkii-nsn-d.html
platatac.com/platatac-modular-belt-pad-mk2-5909.html
sordaustralia.com/agile-belt-pad
sordaustralia.com/belt-pad-patrol-order
platatac.com/platatac-low-pro-first-line-suspenders.html
platatac.com/blue-force-gear-soc-c-low-profile-suspenders-7228.html
platatac.com/platatac-8-point-modular-spec-harness.html
platatac.com/platatac-bk-harness.html
sordaustralia.com/mvp-harness
platatac.com/platatac-minimi-pouch-heavy-weight.html
platatac.com/platatac-small-universal-pouch-mk2-6183.html
platatac.com/platatac-echo-hydration-pack-mk-ii-5843.html
ebay.com.au/sch/888/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=pack
cadetshop.com.au/
mitchellsadventure.com/
aussiedisposals.com.au/
defense-and-freedom.blogspot.com/2016/09/chest-rig-madness.html
varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-assault-pack/34400
sportsmansguide.com/product/index/us-military-surplus-load-bearing-vest-with-canteen-used?a=2165090&_br_psugg_q=load bearing vest
strikehardgear.com/mosin-nagant/
themilsimperspective.com/2017/10/29/alice-lbe-tips-and-modifications/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Currently using an SA chest rig, but it's a bit too bulky for my tastes. Does anyone here have experience with the spiritus systems rig? I'm a bit reluctant to drop $300 on it+ accessories.

Ever try the battlejacket? Lots of pouches and the two backpack spots can be cut through to hold a water bladder. Very comfy and well-built.
It does have a bit too many magazine pouches for my tastes, though.

QTDDOT:
You flaming homosexual.

Oh you! *limp wrist*

Seriously, I didn't realize what that thread was for. So its posted there now.

Nobody’s gonna buy your overpriced milsurp, Ivan

A thread about LBE deserves it's own thread. Here is a pick of the spiritus rig.

Attached: Spiritus-Systems-Micro-Fight-Chest-Rig-System-768x506.jpg (768x506, 48.81K)

ok
are condor rigs good enough? I just want something to carry my ar mags and pistol mags.

It'll carry mags but probably won't last long term. Surplus USGI MOLLE would cost the same or less and last longer. eBay is my source for surplus.

Another user said in the QTDDTOT thread: "Blackhawk and Condor should only be bought if you're going to sell them on to a foreign soldier for more than you paid. 5.11 has great clothes, shit tactical gear"

They also said: "Not 100% sure about all US manufacturers, but I know London Bridge Trading Co. is the absolute best (and most expensive). Crye Precision, First Spear, TYR Tactical, Blue Force Gear, Eagle Marine and Tactical Tailor are companies I've heard good things about. "

but dude
nvgs lol
please spend $2500 on my fucking refurbished gogglies

Emu man has a good idea about it. Crye is the go to high-end gear seller. The main issue I had with trying to buy a plate carrier was that most websites or physical stores that don't pander to airsoft/bubbajoe entry level stuff requires a police or military ID.
If you want to go budget you go with surplus, ideally either eastern bloc or USGI; I'm pretty sure you can still get old MOLLE web gear for cheap although it depends on where you live. Still perfectly functional.

Or go with something like 762 Tactical's chicom. Its made from modern 1000D nylon, has MOLLE PALs instead of grenade pouches, and can be made for your AR platform.

762tactical.com/chest-rigs/with-senw-on-pouches/chicom-chest-rig.html

From the QTDDTOT thread.

Attached: Anon knows his LBE shit!.png (1270x726, 206.34K)

Gonna have to agree with this. An ALICE belt and suspenders is pretty much the most versatile piece of kit around. It can be worn with pretty much any chest rig and many vests and plate carriers. It can also hold almost any surplus pouch, holster, etc if you’ve got a few zip ties.

I have an ALICE set up for an AK using a chicom chest rig, nva quad mag pouch, French canteen pouches, and a mosin pouch and 1930s us pouch for general purpose.

I am starting to warm to SORD's belt kit.

Attached: SAPF010.jpg (800x800 56.08 KB, 75.14K)

fags, get on my level

Condor has improved over the years, still won't hold up long term though. Crye is the standard go to for high quality. I'm a fan of Esstac and Ferro, both chest rigs and plate carriers. I usually just go for plate carriers anymore, even if I'm not running plates and use them has chest rigs. The Esstac/Ferro are minimalist enough to get away with it

Attached: FerroChesty.png (800x533 268.24 KB, 204.67K)

Out of curiosity, are there any good belt rigs out there? I'm looking for a modernized ALICE style belt with suspenders/h-harness set up, and want to see what else is out there before I buy anything.

I've got the condor h-harness and belt w/condor pouches, it's poorfag city but it's comfy and ergonomic. Great way to carry a lot of mags without feeling the weight.

Attached: 20180420_205356.jpg (2016x1134, 709.56K)

You don't always have to pay an arm and a leg for good equipment. Looks really practical! Very low profile compared to the more tacticool rigs out there as well.

Can't really go wrong with SSO Smersh/Molle belt systems.

Got a condor plate carrier with plates sitting in my closet.
What's a good first set up for something like that?

Load Bearing Equipment 101

Load bearing equipment refers to equipment that is used to carry your combat load (magazines, IFAK, water, etc). Running and gunning that you keep a wide variety of items on your person and most of it has to be quickly accessible.

There are quite a few types of load bearing kits and the major ones are outlined below.

Belt and Suspenders

Belt and suspenders kits carry your equipment around your waist. The biggest advantage they offer is that they do not interfere with your body’s ability to get rid of heat because they cover so little of you. Another advantage is that when adjusted properly there is nothing between you and the ground when you lay down. This lowers your profile while prone and lessens the chance you’ll get hit. As a result of this, designated marksmen, snipers and support gunners love this type of kit. Downsides? Mag changes take a little bit longer as your mags are farther away from your gun then they would be in a chest rig.

Chest Rig

Chest rigs are all the rave right now. Why? All your gear is right in front of you and is easy to get to. Also, they enable you to have quick mag changes and are simple to take on and off. Finally, chest rigs are very light and are comfortable while riding in a vehicle. The down sides? All your gear is on your chest so you’ll be laying on it when you go prone, making you a larger target. Also, mag changes while prone become difficult because you’ll be laying on all your gear. Last, when worn alone chest rigs can wear your back out because all the weight is up front. I’ve found they work best when combined with a small pack of some sort.

MOLLE Vest

There are many types of MOLLE vests, but for the purpose of this guide I am referring to ones that don’t carry armor and therefore don’t need to cover as much of your chest. This lower percentage of torso coverage aids in body heat dissipation and yet it has more space for gear than a belt and suspenders kit. This type of kit can be modified to do just about anything and I absolutely recommend it.

Tactical Vest

The tactical (non MOLLE) vest covers your torso and has sewn on pouches to carry your gear. Why is this good? It is much lighter than a MOLLE vest. There is a large amount of extra fabric in the MOLLE system that adds weight; the limitation of these vests is that the pouches are stuck where they are at so they are best used for dedicated kits. One way to regain some modularity is to also wear a belt with pouches on it. Final tip: look for mesh construction. This lowers weight even more and helps your body regulate heat.

Plate Carrier

Not to be confused with a full armor carrier, the plate carrier carries hard plates to cover your torso and back. In it’s purest form, the plate carrier does not cover your sides at all and thereby has a little bit more heat dissipation than a full armor vest. However, this cuts down on the amount of space there is to attach gear and again, makes your chest bulky and uncomfortable to lay on. Because of this, plate carriers are best used for light load outs. Another option is to also wear a belt and suspenders kit to increase gear capacity.

Full Armor Vest

The armor vest is designed to carry soft and hard armor and covers almost all of the torso. Because of this, it does not allow your body to breathe and serious heat problems can incur if worn in hot climates. However, the full armor vest also gives you the most space to carry gear and you can spread your gear out so it is very comfortable. This is my favorite type of kit to wear in the winter as it keeps me nice and warm.

So which kit will make me look cool!?

The kit that will make you look the coolest is the kit that suits your needs and which you use correctly. A $600 plate carrier sagging down to your butt is much less appealing than a $20 ALICE kit worn properly.

Should a canteen/metal cup be worn on the LBE? Should you have some rations on your LBE?

My breadbag usually has my canteen on it and something to chow down in it.

Yes and yes.

< My sample general-purpose loadout:

My rifle cleaning kit including:

1x 4-pack of powdered cup soup packets
2x $2 semi-dehydrated soup packets (liquid but need to add water) in foil plastic.
2x protein bars
a chocolate bar if I remember

Folding ultralight stove burner (sort of like this: images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41kPbcelXyL.jpg) and butane canister.

Finally, my small SERE/Survival kit (fits in a 3in x 4in plastic tin.)

This all fits into my belt webbing before I add a pack.

This is a sample loadout for a US grunt in Afghanistan, circa 2015: archive.is/9us6q

It might help your loadout selection, even if not everything will apply to you.

Remember, weight saps speed, speed is life.
Armour stops you dying when you get shot, but the weight of it makes you more likely to be shot in the first place.

What do you think about Tasmanian Tiger chest rig/warrior belt?
Everything they produce seem very resistant, but maybe overpriced?

Attached: 61C385WScjL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x801, 88.59K)

Good nylon construction sounds good, but is the $90 dollar rig really going to be that much better than an original $20 Chicom? Modifications could easily be made to an original to add the same functionality, and the AK mag pouches fit AR mags well enough for me.

i use a surplus british PLCE rig, it fits twelve mags and all the other shit you'd need for a about a day. can be worn fairly comfortable with a backpack and is nice and sturdy, only sucks if you're hopping in and out of vehicles a lot on account of the pouches on the back.

I just stick foam at the bottom of the pouches for my ARags that don't have a pull tab. Is there anything considered near mandatory other than putting a buckle on the rear straps?

Damn near looks like my old setup, except I had some alice harness/molle clusterfuck going on. I prefer belt shit to chest mounted stuff but when I do use chest rigs it's never thicker than one magazine's (or pouch however technical you want to get) width.

Looks like a plate carrier.

I only showed one, but they have products on the whole range of load bearing equipment.
I was asking about the brand itself.
But it's a german brand, so I don't expect americans to know it particularly.

I really want to buy some "low profile" belt with carrying system, but how to integrate it with a backpack? It seems like I'll have to carry two layers on my shoulders… Maybe do it old style, with a low backpack just up my butt, like the old german system?

Attached: 7655346a-600x600.jpg (600x600 38.13 KB, 47.49K)

With a plate carrier it's mildly uncomfortable in combination with a pack. With an LBV it's not bad. I guess it depends on how much weight you're throwing on, but the straps on these are very low profile.

Attached: usmc-padded-molle-belt-suspender-set-new-3[1].gif (847x511, 788.58K)

It all depends on why you need it.

INVRT bandoleer

These have a neat retro vibe and imho they look cool. But how much of a meme are they?

Attached: invrt-full-kit-med-front-660x660.jpg (660x660, 95.69K)

I have one of their holsters. It seems rugged, no idea about the rest of their stuff.

I'm sure it "works" most stuff does, but does it work for you? Also, I'm not too sure about the upside down mag pouches, seems like it would make reindexing take longer.

Just looked it up
lmao no, why not just get a micro chest rig or something?

Does anyone know of any loadbearing gear or plate/armour carriers which carry the weight around your midriff? basic medieval armour technology was to shift the weight of a breastplate lower since it reduced the number of muscle groups required to carry the plate. all of the modern gear looks like it's built for physiologically more taxing shoulder load bearing.

Belt rig. Otherwise, there's a gizmo from the US which transfers the weight of armour to the hips, but I don't remember the name.

These are what I could find off the cuff:
ArchAngel Internal Frame Load Bearing System (IFLBS)
Crye Precision Structural Kinetic Support System (StKSS)
Virtus Dynamic Weight Distribution Spine Bar

Zig Forumsommandos - what do you think of this style of LBE? This particular rig is made by Gear Dynamics in Canada.

Looks like a good rig to use with a backpack or rucksack, keeps most of your pouches around your waist, but I don't think it would give as much support as a belt rig.

Attached: Gear Dynamics Patrolling Rig V2.png (1203x630, 774.22K)

*sigh*
Here, to help you stop with the ghey:

Serious belt options for you in Oz:
platatac.com/platatac-3s-belt-pad-mkii-nsn-d.html
platatac.com/platatac-modular-belt-pad-mk2-5909.html
sordaustralia.com/agile-belt-pad
sordaustralia.com/belt-pad-patrol-order

Serious harness options for you:
platatac.com/blue-force-gear-soc-c-low-profile-suspenders-7228.html
platatac.com/platatac-8-point-modular-spec-harness.html
platatac.com/platatac-bk-harness.html
sordaustralia.com/mvp-harness

Attached: fkn fag slap.jpg (158x152, 5.31K)

If you're being a poorfag:
> platatac.com/platatac-modular-belt-pad-mk2-5909.html
> platatac.com/platatac-low-pro-first-line-suspenders.html

^ with these two, you have yourself a decent setup for $68.30 (pouches not included).

I would then suggest dropping by your local disposal store and buying 4x Minimi pouches, if the price is lower than on the site, but if not:
>platatac.com/platatac-minimi-pouch-heavy-weight.html
$35 ea x4 =$140

… So for a total of $208.30 you'll have a full setup capable of carrying up to 800rds (in theory). The only other thing you'll need is some large zip-ties and paracord to attach them firmly to your rig. You even get free shipping because your order is over $200.

You could even grab 2x of these to keep a multitool and torch in:
> platatac.com/platatac-small-universal-pouch-mk2-6183.html
…for $12 each atm.

For the contents, inspire yourself either with my kit list here>>600808 , or look up what soldiers carried in WW2, Vietnam, etc. and adapt it to your needs.

Oh, and always carry a dry set of spare socks in your webbing, sealed inside a couple of tough ziplock bags.

Looks a lot like the old air force rig. It's shit.

Just thought i'd post thanking you for the info, you guys are heckin' cool dudes.

Does anyone have suggestions for LBE that doesn't look military? Something functionally like a load belt + suspenders but without the military look?

Deep pockets. Many of them.

Attached: jpg.jpg (1001x1022, 78.51K)

Get a dump/drop pouch, they're used for storing empty ammunition magazines quickly. You can attach one on your belt.

Attached: 753.jpg (800x533, 56.95K)

Crye JPC with Spiritus Systems rig.

Attached: 50D653F1-A5DD-4470-800B-3D1DB56ADAAA.jpeg (2048x1910, 1.17M)

delet

Attached: serveimage (1)

I only just noticed I got slapped by user! LOL!

(Heil)
Yeah, well, anyhow I forgot to say that if you set up your belt like I said here,
Your pack ought to fit above and not over your belt. The weight of the pack should be borne by your hips thanks to it resting on the rear of the belt, not your shoulders. (See image)

Attached: OP pack belt.png (340x658, 9.32K)

That's a solid idea.

Got the belt (out cheap from SORD), a bunch of pouches (100RD Minimi pouches that were on sale), and a gas mask bag that is perfect for a drop pouch. Still waiting on the suspenders.

Not as much ammo carrying capacity as I had hoped for, but 400RD is probably a good place to start.

Now to start lugging it around and get into shape.

Thanks Zig Forumsommandos! You saved me from the ghey LBEs and saved me a shit load of money.

I just want a backpack that will last and was wondering if you knew of any under $50? I thought this one looked decent: platatac.com/platatac-echo-hydration-pack-mk-ii-5843.html
I have no idea about this subject but I need something for light travel. What backpack do you use? I wish there was an infographic for this, and a big apology if this question doesn't fit the LBE theme of this thread.

Attached: gebirgstragtierwesen06.jpg (1024x736, 358.85K)

Modern cavalry

Yeah, that I can't really help you with unless you go look at secondhand stuff. You could find a civilian pack that fits your size needs and simply put a camo cover over it maybe?

My personal go-to is an ADF issue pack on an alice frame, or an older platatac MSM pack. I also own a civy hiking pack from kathmandu, which I could easily throw a cover over if I needed to. I've seen packs in the 35-60L range at camping stores for as low as $75, but they don't tend to be as durable as pricier ones.

Try your local disposal store or ebay? You'll get a better price if you look for a civvy pack you can throw a camo cover over. That way you can be the gray man and look like a filthy backpacker, then chuck a cover over it once you're out bush.

Sorry man, I got what works for me ages ago and haven't needed to spend more money on that since then.

That is a hydration bladder carrier. You can use it as a back pack, but it is designed to carry a camelbak (or similar), a soldiers helmet, and little else. It might be a bit small - depends on how light your load is.

Thanks for replying, mate. I do wish there was a surplus store nearby or something. I'll either need to get lucky at a garage sale or be willing to spend more money. The problem is that civilian packs are also needlessly expensive, especially retail.

Yeah it doesn't really fit my needs too well so I'll need to keep looking, cheers.

Attached: 0e4dec14796d.jpg (944x958, 122.18K)

Ebay has some decent options m8:
ebay.com.au/sch/888/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=pack
…delivered to you.

I wouldn't bother with anything under 40L capacity if you expect to actually carry anything effective in it. 30-40L is about a large school backpack size.

Good luck and post pics maybe when you get it.

You could try the following:

cadetshop.com.au/ - official, ministerial approved supplier of the ADF cadets

mitchellsadventure.com/ - good shit!

aussiedisposals.com.au/ - good shit, but not as good a selection as the first two IMO.

defense-and-freedom.blogspot.com/2016/09/chest-rig-madness.html

Sparse inspiration mixed with copious autism.
Cest rigs have their place, but are not really suited for infantry if purely operating dismounted.

Have to agree with the general sentiment, I never really liked the chest rig all too much. On one hand they can be integrated with modern body armor, and their greatest advantage of all is the fact that the human body is built to carry an enormous amount of weight on the torso, just look at fat fuckers. There is some real merit to their weight bearing ideas, you just can't argue against that. Its a strong position to carry around that kind of burden in a strong upright position.

I'll have to agree that the modern chest rigs we are seeing today are becoming clowny joke looking as some are starting to stick about a half mile in front of the bearer. A few magazines attached to the front chest to distribute weight now sees some people load up their chest with the venerable kitchen sink and everything else to go with it. Someone took the idea and ran with it, ran too far like always. Smart idea turns into excess as always, but we can learn form these limits.

I think too ancient myself, but I hate the idea of having a rig that sticks way too far out, it destroys the ability to maneavuer a weapon. The article writer makes good points on how the fuck can you get into prone with that kind of over built rig on, I keep thinking about how difficult it is to use a rifle or any other tool if you have a bunch of shit sticking so far in front of you that it gets in the way of your arm radius. It limits your movements, hinders you, gets in the way of natural and effective movement, especially the arms.

Isosceles stance is arguably the better shooting stance, but its also popular with police and military because it forces the shooter's position forward to maximize armor and minimize unarmored body area. It also becomes necessary as chest rigs become impossibly huge and one cannot possibly shoot from any other standing position than isocsoles because their rig shit gets int he way of any other possible shooting stance or position. Again, how does one go prone when he's got 2 feet of junk in front of him?

If one needs to fight hand to hand in a desperate situation the chest rig is possibly the very worst, again, bad maneuver, poor arm radius. I heard Arnold Schwarzenegger had to let some of his pec muscle go to do Conan because it got in the way of sword maneauve, something that makes very real sense. What does an even bigger chest rig do to your ability to move and fight?

Lastly, I prefer the old system, I think its natural to grab magazines, anything else from the belt, its natural and flows freely. You watch some people t-rexing those magazines from their chest rigs it looks uncomfortable, difficult, slow, uncoordinated. Lowering your stuff to the waist loses that good load bearing of the torso, but it also means with proper rig weight can be distributed to both the shoulders with a suspender system AND through the belt to the hips.

As said, they have their place, but they are far from perfect, and old fashioned fuddy duddies like myself are going to keep using hip rigs because of stated reasons. The German author is right with his title, its just common nature, something becomes popular for good reasons and soon its the toast of the town and everybody's gotta have one. Just keep in mind all strengths and weaknessse.

What a redpill? Shit like this modernized load bearing harness.
If you need armor remember to put your pouches in a similar configuration IE with as less as possible on your chest.
Because remember the stories about some snipers not wanting scopes because it raised their profile? That's why.
If you lay flat on the ground the smallest ridge, the smallest rock can provide adequate cover the smallest bush can provide concealment, all it need is it being taller than your head diameter (or your helmet's) which is less than foot high meaning you can take cover pretty much behind, in a city a sidewalk can do for example.
If you have:
-Armor.
-Double stack of 30rnd mags.
-pistol mags or even more shit.
You're suddenly almost half a foot higher from the ground, meaning you don't fit behind ubiquitous 1ft high cover.

First is: Vehicles. IFV's seats are cramped as it is given the stupid amount of shit they have to carry, they just not enough space to wear it on the sides and by wearing shit on your chest it's obviously way easier to reach while seated.
Second is: we haven't had soldier fearing accurate gun fire in a while due to the large incapacity of the enemy they've been fighting to create accurate gun fire…

So if you don't plan to stack yourself with 10 other guys in a tuna can or to do drive-bys, you know what to do.

Couldn't they just take them off when they are sitting in a vehicle? Of course they'd have to reequip it every time they have to leave the vehicle to fight, but that doesn't seem to be that much of a hassle compared to being shot dead.

You've answered your own question.
Soldiers get in and out of vehicles tens of thousands of time in the their careers.
They only get shot once or twice and by people who can't aim to literally save their lives.
Convenience > Survival, it's the plague of modern armies and low intensity warfare.

Well, if you issued them with old style belts and straps, then they will definitely won't have enough space to sit on those benches, and so they will be forced to take them off. And what can they do if higher ups explain them the situation and then tell them to shut up?

Three mags flat in front of belly would be acceptable, especially since you can't really do without having some equipment on the front part of the belt anyway. The stuff has to go somewhere, and backpacks burden the back a lot and are poor in regard to accessibility.

Still, the common chest rig types are nonsense most of the time. They're fine if you want to overload the infantry, and have it seek cover such as walls and trenches whenever it is under fire.
The only applications where normal chest rigs are justifiable are situations in which prone is unimportant: Combat in settlements or trenches.

Usual imageboard shittalking.
I disrespect anyone who misuses the word autism.

I wonder what condition you have…

>me no like being (((called out)))
Fuck off you aurist loser.

This pack might work for you
varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-assault-pack/34400
Plenty of webbing, and velcro for your weeb shit.

In trench warfare, war may still be fluid and counter attack and withdrawl may lead to situations and positions where prone is still the best answer. City fighting in good times may see use of standing and kneeling as normal, but during more total war situations rubble may dictate other attitudes and positions. The overblown chest rig set up can easily become a problem even in some conditions where it might work better.

Let me guess: you've been diagnosed and are objecting to our rejection of your personal blog which you just tried shilling to us here?

Chest rigs have a use. They all more or less originate from soviet "lifchicka" (literally "bra") which were something the soviet issued paratroopers in WWII. They find out they couldn't really jump with mag pouches so they carried it folded in a proper bag.
As it was really inexpensive and just rough cloth sew together they gave it to the Chinese to outfit their rabble on the cheap.
It saw widespread use in Vietnam and in pretty much every guerilla ever since for that same reason.
You put mags in it, you fold it, you stuff it somewhere in the place you hid your gun.
When SHTF you grab your gun, put it on and you're combat ready. (Later on the soviets brought them back as static armor became a thing, you would put the armor + the inexpensive chestrig. If they had to walk they switched to LBVs).

It was never meant to be something you have to fight and walk long distance with.
It's meant to be stored easily, which is what it's great at.
Which is why you saw some "SF" version, what it's good at, to make transition from civilian to combat ready. It's not meant for prolonged usage.

The chest rig is the perfect companion to a truck gun or a safe…

A quick look at accoutrements supports the general consensus. Chest rigs, also called "bras" (direct translation of "lifchik" in Russian usage) generally have the advantage of being flat-backed, enabling you to wear a rucksack over them. The South Africans and Rhodesians, often highly lauded for expertise in small unit battle, explicitly developed load carriage on the chest for these purposes (see M83 chest rig versus M83 assault vest or preceding patterns of web equipment). The Soviets in Afghanistan, burdened with rather shitty LBE, come up with a number of bottom-up solutions, most of which move magazines to the chest and all other weight to the waist or a rucksack. Most commonly: the magazine cells only accomodate a single magazine or two stacks of magazines at maximum, there are sometimes grenade pouches or small GP pouches for a field dressing, and all other equipment is carried in a rucksack or pockets. These solutions are all substantially different from modern MOLLE-equipped plate carriers or body armour vests with the plethora of pouches. Russian "lifchiki" have gotten heavier, but are still minimalist compared to NATO solutions.

What would you recommend for a Zig Forumsommando who will likely have to fight/move in, around, and through urban and suburban areas in a potential SHTF scenario? War belts and chest rigs?

Poorfag here
The only rifle I own is a mosin that my grandfather gave me.
I'm looking for a suspender/waist rig to keep my clips on my hip, but all I can find are chest rigs/bandoliers.
Can someone please point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

Note: I realize I can get those cheap pouches and clips in bulk, but I was looking for a suspender rig to put them on rather than having them on my belt.

Weapon? Loadout? Hi-vis or greyman? Give us something to work with here…

Why not just buy an additional belt to put those pouches on; some surplus ALICE belt and suspenders perhaps?

I won't pretend to know shit. I'm kind of a newfag to equipment, and if thats what you reccomend, then I'll look for that.

Find actual nugget pouches, a belt, two keepers and a Y-Strap. Sixty rounds all together there. Price wise you're looking at maybe 120 if you're buying decent shit. You might be able to find old surplus soviet Y-straps.

Weapons: poorfag AR15 with 4 30 round mags (working on getting more), and an inherrited Browning 9mm pistol (3 mags)

Loadout: Weapons, ammo, water canteens with cup, poncho (large enough to use as a shelter), OD green space blanket, a nylon sheter half, paracord to rig up shelter, and fire making kit. I would likely add some rations (freeze dried) to the kit when on OPs.

Local situation: The community I live in is remote, and it is a half hour to hour or more drive to the other small towns in the area. It is by the beach, and the only wild vegitation in the area is a nature reserve on one side of the community. On the wrong side, IMO, as to get to it you have to go through the community and suburbs to get to the park… That said, if you can get to it, you can go through it to the edge of most places in the town.

Population: roughly 2-3000.

I can count on having to use a vehicle due to the distances, and the lack of vegitation between the towns/communities. It's mostly hilly country between the towns, with small patches of trees here and there.

I am going grey-man for now, but if/when SHTF I want to be able to go from grey-man to something between grey man and burgher militia. I don't want to look like a militia's forward observer, but I want to look like someone who isn't an easy target.

Not too many ethnics in my local area, but a lot of poorer white folk that I wouldn't put past looting or taking advantage of a SHTF scenario.

Surprisingly little local gang activity - mostly a handfull of bikers who have a fortress some 10-15 mins from my fucking home. Not sure what gang, but they are 1%ers. They own a several local businesses and a chop shop. I really want to move away from those fuckers for obvious reasons. I plan to avoid them like the plague post SHTF.

Minimal police presence. I exect it to become non-existant post SHTF.

Thanks user

Your kit depends on how many mags you want to carry. You can stick with 4 in a super-lightweight chest rig and throw the rest in your pack, depending what you want to do. Get some ideas from the image here:
Find a good holster and belt (with relevant mag pouches) for your pistol set-up and wear that for it. Apart from perhaps your canteens and canteen cup, I'd not put much on your body, and keep the shelter half, rations, etc, in your pack, as well as extra water.

That basic set-up would be pretty easy to hide under a hoodie/jacket, only having the pistol ready and the rest hidden in your pack. You can also stick the whole lot on a belt with shoulder straps, something like pictured here
Though that's quite a bit harder to hide under a hoodie. Don't forget to get a decent fixed-blade knife too.

If you're basically running around your local area after SHTF, you're unlikely to get into drawn-out firefights, so that's about all you'll need ready to go. Might want to see if your neighbours want to set up some sort of "local defence volunteer (militia)" organisation based around your buddies and people you trust when that day comes, to keep the bikers in their place and ensure law and order when the cops skedaddle.

In fact, you might even be able to get your LDV group fully deputised in such a scenario - I'm pretty sure that under those situations, the cops wouldn't mind the help of your *ahem* military (p)re-enactment group's expertise.

Might want to prepare suitable "official" ID armbands for the big day, in that case.

No worries, with two keepers I was able to modernize some old ww2 kraut stuff. Some mosin pouches do have a hook hole on them for a hook where as many do not given how soviet Y straps later were just a simple loop you ran your stuff through, like the East German stuff you can get for absolutely nothing. NVA surplus also tends to be really uncomfortable due to it being made of Nylon, its easy enough to attach some felt pads to it.

Attached: together.jpg (4032x2268 3.66 MB, 4.69M)

So, out of curiosity, are you /prepping?
The reason I'm getting the gear is because I'm gonna be ready for the happenings. I decided my loadout should be light because fast n light = still in the fight. I'm torn about boots tho, or whether or not I should invest in some sneakers.

As far as I can say there really isn't that whole law and order deal where I'm at so my rig works for me on my bike and I'm happy with it. Also I can wear my plate carrier with it which is a bonus.

Damn son.
In full honesty Idk much about LeafLand, but that's kinda nuts. Is it just really rural where you're at or is it literally just a lawless zone?

The moment you leave the cities on the border you have pretty much little in the way of LEO's. 1 Stasi fuck for every 1100 people or so. If you're really in the boonies you get little bush wars going on with the injuns.

God damn that's wild. Good luck user.

I mean its not like I've been threatened with deportation and or else by a government without balls multiple times for being the law and putting vinyl huffing shitheads in their well deserved place.

Just got this and a plate carrier for my birthday.

sportsmansguide.com/product/index/us-military-surplus-load-bearing-vest-with-canteen-used?a=2165090&_br_psugg_q=load bearing vest

strikehardgear.com/mosin-nagant/

I've heard stuff about ALICE underbelts to stop the clips from killing you, but I can't find any. Any recomendations?

themilsimperspective.com/2017/10/29/alice-lbe-tips-and-modifications/

Attached: DIY ALICE Belt Comforter.jpg (3149x1875, 1.58M)

Ty user