Movies

What are the best bible movies? I'm searching for all the accurate christian movies there is. I know the Visual Bible serie of matthew, john and act is great, but is there any for other books such as the prophets? Thanks for the help

Attached: 51nfnZof 6L.jpg (350x500, 36.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0075520/
youtube.com/watch?v=1Sb8jUGbg6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I heard that The Gospel According to St. Matthew is good and faithful to the Bible, but I have a bad feeling about it because the gay communist Pasolini directed it.
Has anyone here watched it?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (400x264, 116.85K)

imdb.com/title/tt0075520/

Watched this with my family as a kid, now I watch it with my kids, and it's become a tradition to watch it whenever the whole family gets together.

Attached: Jesus of Nazareth.jpg (695x1000, 122.32K)

Guide to movies based on The Bible
Christkino tier:
Great tier:
Not really great movies, but nothing too bad-tier:
Heretical/blasphemy tier:
Add to this list, cause this is incomplete. I still haven't seen King of Kings, The Greatest Story Ever Told, The Gospel According to St. Matthew, The Bible: In The Beginning…, The Nativity Story, and countless other movies based on Biblical stories. We can make it a little chart at the end

OP here, I saw it. Just watch it, it is great.

Ben Hur is really good even if it's not totally biblical.

That takes me back. It was family tradition to watch it every year around Easter.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'm watching Jesus of Nazareth right now and it's awesome !

Jesus of Nazareth is a classic. One of the best nativity movies

I would highly recommend any movie from The Bible Series such as Jeremiah, Solomon, Esther, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Sb8jUGbg6M

Attached: Jeremiah-The-Bible-Collection-Series-441x600.jpg (441x600, 76.54K)

Attached: ANDREI-RUBLEV-wb.jpg (985x555, 557.28K)

That’s a Christian movie, not a Bible movie

To complete the cycle.

Sorry, I can't read.

It’s fine, I make mistakes like that on this board all the time

Pasolini was an edgy conservative reactionary. Watch it and read his essays. Salo you can take a pass on but understand the film is depicting liberalism.

"The Nativity Story" from 2006 is very good. It only deviates from Church tradition in a couple of points (Joseph was old and married Mary as a mercy, not to be a sexual wife, and Mary did not suffer in childbirth and was uncorrupted i.e the baby was born from her side before anyone says "that's not possible" remember that He created the world ex nihilo), both of which were changed in the movie, probably because it was made by protestants.

"Risen" from 2016 is pretty good although not strictly speaking Biblical.
fwiw it's a remake of "the final inquiry" from the 80s, which isn't very good. There was another remake about a decade ago which was alright. all of these i just mentioned, though, are just remakes of "The Robe" which is also pretty good.

"Leap of Faith" with Steve Martin is a good movie about Christianity but again, not Biblical.

"A Charlie Brown Christmas" from 1965 has a Gospel reading in it.

"The Bishop's Wife" yeah I know but those Anglicans/Episcopalians with David Niven is pretty good, not perfect, but enjoyable. Again, not Biblical.

I forgot to mention, the early 50s version of "A Christmas Carol" aka Scrooge is very good and has a lot of Christian content.

???
Pasolini was an extremely hardcore ultracommunist.
Communists critique "liberalism" all the time, to them, liberalism is the ideology of those who compromise with the status quo and still try to sell themselves as progressive. His Decameron, canterbury tales, and arabian nights all selectively pick tales that attack organized religion and flaunt "open" (aka depraved) sexuality.
Not only was he explicitly homosexual, he was infamous for being an outright pedophile and bribing homeless children in the slums into becoming catamites.

not that poster, but there is an extended scene (during a back and forth between Andrei and Theophanes debating naivety versus cynicism) depicting the passion of christ

I came here to ask if anybody watched it. I think the movie was pretty amazing. Too bad it doesn'T have any good trailers. They either spoil it or mis-advertise it.

Attached: 1200x630bb.jpg (420x630, 62.63K)

Can someone post the Zig Forums movie charts?
I know there's several of them.

I enjoy the Mormon Channel Bible videos.

I'm seeing Paul, Apostle of Christ today. Is it any good?

All the film's dialogue and scenes are taken directly from the Gospel of Matthew, including many bits which made Pasolini uncomfortable as a Marxist. His fellow Marxists shat on him for it but you have to respect the man for filming The Gospel According to St. Matthew and not The Gospel According to Pier Pasolini. This faithfulness to the source text is pretty impressive considering his character and some of his other films, including the infamous 120 Days of Sodom.
It also has a great soundtrack of Christian music from around the world and it's one of only around 3 or so films which made me tear up.