New DNA tests can predict intelligence

Found: more than 500 genes that are linked to intelligence
Researchers used data from the UK Biobank, comparing DNA variants from more than 240,000 people. Their analysis identified 538 genes linked to intellectual ability, and 187 regions of the human genome that are associated with thinking skills. Some of these genes are also linked to other biological processes, including living longer.

However, even with all these genes, it’s still difficult to predict a person’s intelligence from their genomes. When they analysed the DNA of a group of different people, the team were only able to predict 7 per cent of the intelligence differences between those people.

It is thought that around 50 to 80 per cent of variation in general intelligence between people is down to genetics. But environment plays a role too. Well-nourished children brought up in safe, unpolluted and stimulating environments score better in IQ tests than deprived children, for instance.

Original link for those with High iqs
nature.com/articles/s41380-017-0001-5
Dummies Я us
newscientist.com/article/2163484-found-more-than-500-genes-that-are-linked-to-intelligence/

Attached: index.jpg (228x221, 7.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/13.7/2016/02/12/466379200/can-you-tell-your-ethnic-identity-from-your-dna
livinganthropologically.com/biological-anthropology/race-reconciled-debunks-race/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get this science to a point where we can bread out the Jewish jeans and I'll be gud

Trips comfirm

this sounds highly problematic

Inb4 they backpedal and try to bury everything just because it proves once and for all that niggers, shitskins and pajeets are all intellectually inferior

You mean the infamous stubborn nature of an Irish man can be traced back to genetics? Color me surprised.

Let me know when I can buy a brain implant to make up for nature's genetic flaws.

race, intelligence, gender, violence, rape, are all social constructs and therefore don't exist.
no more borders!!!!! bring all the nogs and child rapist achmeds to Europe.

40-50 is for kids, 75-80 for adults, adults have less environmental variance, because some children reach maturity slower, and are 'dumber than they shoud' as kids

mostly just nutrition (starvation lowers IQ), adult IQ is relatively independent of any other factors than genes & nutrition (and brain damages of course)

I can do the same without the need of a DNA test and I'll share my formula with all of you. Your intelligence is inversely proportional to how light your skin is.

This really myelinates my sheathes

>(((prediction)))
dysgenics can finally become reality

Hey, cumskin, the study talks about "transcription differences in the brain and pituitary gland" and "process of neurogenesis, genes expressed in the synapse, and genes involved in the development of the nervous system, as well as those involved in myelination within the central nervous system due to their role in oligodendrocyte differentiation." No mention of pigment levels in the epidermis at all.

Back to the drawing board for you.

The authors sidestep IQ all together, relying instead on 'phenotypes' like education level. Which they call a 'novel approach.' I don't know about this 'Molecular Psychiatry' stuff.

Disregarding IQ is fine, but replacing it with even more imprecise 'phenotypes' sets off alarm bells.

keep telling yourself that, nigger

I'm not sure how to feel about this

BURN THE LEVIS DENIM WAR NOW

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 70.6K)

I'm guessing you've failed in life and love so you have to cling to something out of your control to validate your existence. Having to real accomplishments to call your own, this is what you've been reduced to.

Dusting off a years-old forced memes to push an idea that is, at its front, intellectually dishonest and a willful misinterpretation of what the user you're quoting is talking about.
Gee, I wonder if this could be a shitpost?

Shitposting is friendly banter, that guy is just asshurt about looking and smelling like a greasy hangover turd

Attached: 1aa916e1f12d8a5734e50c17d795709adcebe160952869b1c5ddb7bf49dc1d93.gif (480x480, 7.22M)

Both of those examples are in correct.
Blood sample:
npr.org/sections/13.7/2016/02/12/466379200/can-you-tell-your-ethnic-identity-from-your-dna
Consider: Even if you are a descendant of Shakespeare, there is only a negligible chance of your having any of his DNA. This is because autosomal DNA gets passed on randomly. Shakespeare's kid probably had 50 percent of his DNA; his kid in turn, on average, a quarter, and so on. Within 10 generations, Shakespeare's DNA has spread out and recombined so many times that it doesn't even really make sense to speak of a match. Putting the same point the other way, each of us has so many ancestors that we have no choice but to share them with each other. Moreover, we don't share any DNA with the vast majority of them. True, you will share Y-chromosome DNA or mtDNA with very distant ancestors, but these make up a vanishingly small percentage of your total ancestry.

The truth is, you have your history and your genes have theirs. There is a very large class of different possible human histories that could have produced in you just the genetic code that you have. And, at the same time, there is a very large class of different genomes that you might now have as a result of a single, actual history of your relatives.

The bottom line: You can't read off your identify from your genetic code.

livinganthropologically.com/biological-anthropology/race-reconciled-debunks-race/
Here, they take a set of bones from “Mr. Johnson” and compare them to a world database: “The results from these analyses fairly unambiguously estimate Mr. Johnson’s origin as an Easter Islander” (Konigsberg et al. 2009:81). However, since Mr. Johnson’s bones were found in Iowa, plugging in the Iowa probabilities allows Mr. Johnson to be reliably predicted as white. Forensic anthropologists base their estimates on the known prior composition of the population. If the same bones from Mr. Johnson had been found in Hawaii, they would have estimated “Easter Islander” or if found in Gary, Indiana, they would have estimated “American Black”:

Using the Iowa priors, the highest posterior probability is for “American White” at 0.6976. The identification of “Easter Islander,” which had the highest posterior when we used an uninformative prior, now has a relatively low posterior probability (0.0449). In contrast, using the Hawaii priors the posterior probability that “Mr. Johnson” was an “Easter Islander” is 0.9068, whereas the posterior probability that he was an “American White” was 0.0188. Using the Gary, Indiana prior the highest posterior probability (0.5342) was for “American Black” with “American White” having the second highest posterior probability (0.2728). (Konigsberg et al. 2009:82)

Wow. Forensic anthropologists do not determine race from bones.

What actually happens is forensic anthropologists match bones probabilistic frequencies against known existing assortments. Those assortments can be anything socially relevant. Changing the context of bone discovery could lead to different predictive classification–of the same bones. “The use of different priors also shows the importance of prior information, as ‘Mr. Johnson’ would have been classified as a Pacific Islander had his remains been found on Hawaii and as an ‘American Black’ had his remains been found in Gary, Indiana” (Konigsberg et al. 2009:83).

Forensic anthropologists “often do bring prior information to their cases, though this information is typically implicit, unstated, and not quantified” (Konigsberg et al. 2009:84). Estimates are always probabilities, and probabilities rely on pre-existing information, such as a self-reporting census. Rather incredibly, the authors conclude that “forensic anthropologists are not particularly adept at identifying races when they must deal with a very heterogeneous population at large, and this is the one setting in which a definitive racial identification would be useful” (Konigsberg et al. 2009:86). Guessing Mr. Johnson’s bones, when found in Iowa, were “probably white” is a guess anyone could make based on the Iowa census.

A 2018 example of how forensic anthropologists must bring prior information to their analyses can be seen in Richard L. Jantz’s Amelia Earhart and the Nikumaroro Bones: A 1941 Analysis versus Modern Quantitative Techniques. Jantz demonstrates all the bone measurements, but also reveals that identification depends upon “prior odds”: “It is often impossible to assign specific numbers to the prior probability, because it depends on how the non-osteological evidence is evaluated, and different people will usually evaluate it differently”

lol

I used a dumbed down source since I'm talking to a simpleminded brainlet. They do link to the relevant papers tho.

Thats Racist!

It doesn't mention race.

Yeah my man, intelligence comes directly from melanin. You've seen the historical documentary about Wakanda haven't you? Das da real tru rite dere. Dem huwite devils been using magick to bring da black man down !

Attached: 239875945.jpg (1024x683, 50.48K)

The study makes no mention of race.

You'll be buried in a mass grave with all the others, brainlet.

Attached: weweweweewewewewewew.jpg (211x239, 5.08K)

Because race doesn't exist. Checkmate fascists.

Attached: 0d4a14c4488f3c22ab50e5583fce8ad1dea6c4b66091eb913c958d0a2a7cb738.jpg (400x395, 54.71K)

Daily reminder that your kind will never be welcome here.

Attached: 1ab3180fb6fa64b50bf869ce7417f531d15b2de4d04e90c21b7c5f7796e2e27a.jpg (504x360, 77.07K)

And if you have a white kid and a black kid both brought up well nourished in safe, unpolluted and stimulating environments, the white kid will score better on average.

You can only hide behind environment if it isn't equalized between test subjects.

phew, racism is finally over.. but what are we going to do with affirmative action?

Filtered. PoCs are powerful, magical, and intelligent.

The study isn't about race. Why is this so difficult to understand?

What is it about?

Proportional, Shirley? I.e The lighter your skin the more intelligent you are, my melanin enriched friend.

Attached: Dont-Call-Me-Shirley.jpg (660x371, 28.78K)

GENETICS MATTER

Some genes linked to intelligence are also associated with living longer, basically.

They ended up being able to predict difference in intelligence less than 7% of the time based on genes alone.

This contradicts the libtards on leftypol that insist intelligence is not genetic. its culture weslth abd priviledge.

It's a mixture of both. Don't be a dumb asshole.

Because they didn't equalize other variables.

You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Thats not what they said. They said its 100% not genetic. Im being a truthful asshole.

He was a sociologist. The number one useless degree according to many media outlet opinions. Tge only jobs a person csn get is university professor or advertising monkey. Not in high demand at all.