Zig Forums childhood

Post Zig Forums related things you liked as a child and acted as gateway drugs, whether it be books, army men, airshit, or the first few guns you shot.

Pic related. I was the only kid who ever checked this book out at my elementary library and the librarian just ended up giving it to me. I can't count how many times I looked at it before bed or in the car as a kid.

Attached: eyewitnessww2.jpg (260x334, 31.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hu.sgames.org/691/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

These two games here held most of my childhood in captivity.

Attached: ra1.jpg (1280x800 570.38 KB, 226.86K)

For me it was C&C Generals and C&C Renegade

Basically vid related.

hey you assholes calm down, we already have a vidya thread we don't need to start another one

I'd glue wood cutoffs together, spray paint them black, and use electrical tape, cling wrap and a PVC pipe as a scope to make a few guns when I was a child. My friends would come over and we'd run around my house going "gha-dush-dush-dush" or "perw-perw-perw" at each other for hours on end. After that we got into cap guns, airsoft, then paintball. Post-high school some of us bought real firearms and I let my no-funs friends shoot mine still.

C&C Red Alert for Playstation made me love the Soviet Union when I was a kid, since they had the strongest tanks and the cutscenes didn't include a crazy Stalin behaving like a lunatic.

I played this so much I think I wore the cartridge out.

Attached: Operation Europe - Path to Victory 1939-45 (2).gif (297x238, 25.24K)

I still have a few dozen of those books in a box somewhere around here. Couldn't get enough of them, nature and history both. My parents were pretty careful about exposing me to anything violent, but history was alright, and I really found myself drawn towards wars and combat, and to the weapons used. Always loved going to history museums and ogling the shiny implements of destruction.
Eventually they ended up giving me BB gun and gave up on the hope of me being nice and cosmopolitan. Since then, my mother has come around on guns, but my father is terrified of them.

I went to a military boarding high school. (no it wasnt jrotc)

They had picrel, m3a1 105mm pack howitzers. It was the paratrooper model, because they were easier for high school freshmans to move around. Of course i never fired any live shells, blanks only.

I've been wanting to buy one myself since i was there, but i can't even find any archived sales let alone for-sale or in an auction house. Anybody know some good places to buy artillery irl unironically?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (300x200 120.29 KB, 150.92K)

One of the most terrifying things I faced was when my cousin decided to play a long game of harassing me with troops and fucking with my harvesters. I eventually managed to get a mess of lights and mediums together to attack his lightly guarded bases. I found put they didn't have tesla coils or tanks set down later- he simply drained the soil of ore, sold up his bases, and kept moving the defenders away until I found his main base and wiped out my attack force WITH 10 GODDAMN MAMMOTHS AND A MESS OF V2S.

Game after that was high impact sexual violence on my base.

Pretty much sums it up. My elementary school teacher yelled at me for drawing all people in brown/green/black uniforms too.
Also: sticks that look like guns were my fucking jam in kindergarten. I would carry around some sticks and while the other kids would bash their heads in with them I would stand afar and point my stick at them.
They never cared and just charged, so I was forced to use my "bayonet". Fun times.

I used to make miniature battles, checkpoints and skirmishs with these guys

Attached: greenarmy.jpg (1200x1200 23.02 KB, 191.41K)

datamining thread

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (450x482, 157.45K)

When I we were in Years 4 and 5, our school had a huge building project, and three classes of probably 70-ish kids were in the same building. The teachers couldn't keep an eye out on all of us, so I read through the entirety of the horrible histories series and other books >inb4 scholastic. I also enjoyed the Machinegunners by some British guy.

We also had a whole bunch of Japanese educational history manga at home, and I enjoyed the two page wide battle scenes in the Napoleonic war section, but I can't find a photo of it online.

Attached: 515DT3D2F3L._SX307_BO1 204 203 200_.jpg (309x474, 36.99K)

This.
Everyone that isn't reporting this thread is a fed.

I used to draw massive stick figure battles on loose pieces of paper whenever I got bored. Some of those battles got real brutal too, planes getting shot down, tunnels getting built and promptly flooded, and tanks blowing up with the crew running out burning to death or getting gunned down by the other stick dudes.

Attached: weirdo.jpg (1205x1061, 272.61K)

Attached: cod4.jpg (460x215, 24.6K)

Mostly video games. Fought with my brother using lightsabers as rifles. American Civil War really got me into history and historical warfare, what with those uniforms. History channel docs back when it was alright.
Always wondered why I was always told violence was wrong when it felt "right", then shied away at the torture scenes on my grandmother's television.
Hated overly-fancy fantasy weapons/armor designs. Always felt that normal weapons were beautiful. Chainmail, leather, broadswords, whole nine yards. High-Middle and Early Medieval Ages were aestheticly pleasing.

Boy I sure do miss having fun.

Attached: I've_seen_some_fast.jpg (222x139, 24.66K)

Weapons by Edwin Tunis. I've never met another person who has had or even read this book. I was gifted this book when I was six by my greatgrand father and I quite frankly treasure it equally with all my funs both inherited and acquired. Nowadays it sits on the kiddos bookshelf.

Attached: 4.jpg (4031x2206 2.61 MB, 2.17M)

Hello fellow stickwar bro.

Anyone got a pdf of Eyewitness Books? Those were the shit

Attached: 1463766843791-1.jpg (147x122, 17.49K)

who r u quotin bro?

I prefered Osprey when I did see them.
Also, I wish anons here were more serious about history from the third-person, instead of letting emotions and other obstacles get in the way. And that's exluding their pretending to be moral when they have done terrible ills in the name of morality, like that one Texan user. Fools.

Attached: katyusha_disdain.jpg (973x973, 84.89K)

Attached: bateman_checks_and_smiles.jpg (430x320, 11.33K)

eyewitness books are serious history and there is nothing wrong with me loving them

Attached: 200_percent_nice.jpg (357x524, 148.53K)

This game. Not watching behind you, and not being quick with your shotgun, results in butt rape. If you are quick though, you can get the fags before they get you.

hu.sgames.org/691/

Attached: Untitled.png (864x580, 176.08K)

A Tyco (lego alternative) attack helicopter, RA1 as said, a father who did national service, a grandmother who told me about her two uncles who fought in world war 2, one who had a signed copy of mein kampf and another who had take a bloodstained dagger off of the enemy and kept it as a souvenir only to have a guy in the family's date steal it. My dad, a good man who took us to a surplus store (only one in the country) and got us the camo's we wanted despite us being crazy poor but because we had travelled so far for family, it was a once in a lifetime thing, (original army surplus was/is unheard of here except for Nutria), a family friend who gave me his full kit as well as a great uncle and my 2nd cousin who also gave me his kit with all sorts of deformities and whatnot - who later got shot 5 times while doing construction. I sat on his bed and my mother scolded me and he said it was okay, he said the only thing that hurt him were the pipes going into him. I thought to myself that he used to be such a cool army man that one day I would want to be like him too. Last memory, grandmother facepainting me and saying I want side stripes like in the movie, and she wanted to paint a moustache on me and I refused and she kept saying, oh come on, every soldier needs a moustache. All of the above happened before I came of age, most of it when I was very young. Miss them. Miss a lot of it. But God is good man. Soldier on, soldier.

also original flektarn from surplus. Years later met some german friends and the camo was a match with his as his big bro was in the Bundeswehr back in germany and would regularly bring back shit. They were well off and we'd play "army army" all day long before we grew up and got into motorcycles. I let the poor kid play my pc in exchange for 2 sto… acquired stabo german army radio's from Germany. We even got hold of the police once but they're quite outdated now. 15 batteries per one or something like that.

As we got into our teens, things got more interesting, you'd go to a braai and there'd be a woman and in the car drive home, mom would say how the guy would have night terrors and pull out his gun on his wife because he was ex-reconnaissance and you just thought it was cool without knowing, or about the guy you heard of who takes care of bodies if you off him but you have to pay, or the fapla cap that oom gave you without realising it was from the enemy, all sorts of shit like that. good times all round though. Happy memories.

YESSS!!!! OH MY FUCK! I REMEMBER SEEING THESE BOOKS IN THE LIBRARY, THERE WAS A TV SHOW ON SATURDAYS ONLY, I'M 80% SURE IT WAS RELATED. I'LL TRY MY BEST TO FIND user.

fairly certain I had that.

pre-Dindustan SA sounds Zig Forums as fuck

The Frogs are weird.

I remember going to the library close to my home when i was 10 and finding 3 issues of soldier of fortune lying around on the magazines boxes. I barely knew English back then so i understood 30% of what it was written but it was all so fucking cool, i must have read them 20 fucking times each

BROTHER

Good taste.

I loved these. Pic related was another favorite as well.

Attached: 8F9C9A13-36B8-4A0C-A981-C57CA9F895A8.jpeg (387x475, 68.24K)

I used to call the spent caps 'air fresheners'

Attached: Cap-Gun.jpg (1024x768, 174.33K)

I used to play this over and over again

Attached: Chidlren of taronne.jpg (800x370 329.23 KB, 46.37K)

If you can hear the music you are my people.

Attached: BF1942 intro.jpg (1600x1200, 221.04K)

Fuck yes still have that book. My copy came with a CD that included all the pictures that were in it. Lots of toy soldiers and obsessively playing Call of Duty Finest Hour. My family had a gun in the home, but I had little interest in it. However I found out somehow that Mosins, as featured in the game, were super cheap. Dad knew the guy who owned the LGS and got him to stock one so I could buy it with my saved money. Got the rifle and two boxes of silver bear soft points. I still have one of those cartridges somewhere that I saved. I didn't care for the recoil (shit, I was 10 years old) so I bought a bunch of blanks from Cheaper Than Dirt and just shot those all the time. Thus started the obsession. My next purchase would be a WASR 10/63.

I would spend hours flipping through pic related & marking all the cool stuff. I remember there was a section on medieval weapons & siege weapons as well as tanks that I would autistically re-read over and over. I also drew stick figure battles on absolutely every piece of work they gave us in school & I made a little universe out of it.

Attached: dangerous-book-for-boys.png (311x435, 307.98K)

Greek mythology, Total War (Medieval 1 then Rome), Warcraft 2, Starcraft, Heroes III.

Oh glorious, glorious childhood.

Gobbled up the Lifetime WWII series books in the High school library.

Played the shit out of Jane's Defense games back in the day and Tom Clancy titles when his name still meant something.

Plus my Zig Forumsommando grandfather who turned me into the Strelok I am today.

Attached: scaryfingolianhelmets.jpg (493x640, 115.27K)

I still occasionally draw those when I am bored.

Always had an interest in History and with that came and interest in Wars and the Armies that fought those wars.

Attached: ironiseternal.png (1913x911, 2M)

DA DA DA DA-DA DUM
I miss how comfy it was playing Blitzkrieg 2, Battlefield 1942, and this one quake overhaul called D-Day: Normandy over and over again on my Granddad's laptop, singleplayer against bots

Attached: 5f7.jpg (394x380, 19.02K)

holy SHIT our public library had this, this book was fucking awesome.
What a blast from the past, thanks man- I'll have to see if it's still there some time when I visit my folks!

do you mean pic related? I read the hell out of these in middle school

Attached: bookset.jpg (640x852, 125.04K)

Did exactly the same, also starwars battles and even the sierra leone civil war i had seen blood diamonds recently

Damn, I feel old.

Attached: heliattack3.jpg (400x260 42.58 KB, 7.38K)

None of you have done shit until you've played paintball.

Attached: paintball.jpg (1268x458, 43.94K)

Not who you were replying to, but I remember those. Marvelous books if I remember correctly, unless its just the nostalgia getting to me.

I just wanted to binge drink and play paintball, some other fags have been going to this event longer than I have. I never even got the recipe for how that guy made his beer. It was some of the first beer I started drinking as well so I really wanted to try making my own.

Attached: 55372027_p0.png (890x1000, 411.1K)