Kids Can't write with or even hold Pencils Because Of iPads,tablets, Experts Warn

it's not uncommon for parents to use apps on their phone or tables to teach their kids their 1-2-3s and ABCs. And over the last two decades, more and more teachers have begun to use technology as a way to educate children, big and small. But relying on technology may come at a cost: Experts warn that children can't hold pencils because of iPads. They say excessive tablet and cell phone use is slowing down muscle development.

Pediatricians in the United Kingdom have recently claimed that children's finger muscles are not developing properly because of overuse of touchscreen phones and tablets at home, according to The Guardian. Continuous use of handheld technology has caused kids to have weak finger muscle control, which makes it harder for them to hold a pen or pencil the right way and write legibly.

Sally Payne, the head pediatric occupational therapist at the Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, told The Guardian that, in order to be able "to grip a pencil and move it, you need strong control of the fine muscles in your fingers." "Children are not coming into school with the hand strength and dexterity they had 10 years ago," Payne said.

it's not uncommon for parents to use apps on their phone or tables to teach their kids their 1-2-3s and ABCs. And over the last two decades, more and more teachers have begun to use technology as a way to educate children, big and small. But relying on technology may come at a cost: Experts warn that children can't hold pencils because of iPads. They say excessive tablet and cell phone use is slowing down muscle development.

Pediatricians in the United Kingdom have recently claimed that children's finger muscles are not developing properly because of overuse of touchscreen phones and tablets at home, according to The Guardian. Continuous use of handheld technology has caused kids to have weak finger muscle control, which makes it harder for them to hold a pen or pencil the right way and write legibly.

Sally Payne, the head pediatric occupational therapist at the Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, told The Guardian that, in order to be able "to grip a pencil and move it, you need strong control of the fine muscles in your fingers." "Children are not coming into school with the hand strength and dexterity they had 10 years ago," Payne said.

romper.com/p/the-gap-between-kids-is-something-i-just-cant-worry-about-8495866

Attached: images.jpg (251x201, 13.83K)

Good thing I had both in school: old as fuck Pentium era laptop for larger assignments because I can't write for shit, and a pencil and paper for small assignments like math.

This means the kids will not be strong enough to give the teacher a hang job

So what? We're moving into the digital age. We don't teach kids cursive anymore because it's obsolete. Why teach them outdated methods of writing when keyboards and other digital methods are far more efficient?

Attached: handmade.png (571x1689, 278.66K)

Well no shit people adapted to an outdated method of transcription will perform poorer when using it alone. But kids today are playing with cellphones and tablets before they can even read, so their minds will be better suited.

are you jew?

Come now, make a real argument. What could possibly be wrong with everything a person thinks or considers being put into an easily observed electronic medium?

Oh, really?!! you're saying scrolling through Facebook, 'liking' things on my smartphone isn't as important as writing a document?… Really?…

You can fuck yourself, douchebag….

(fumbles as I try to flip you the bird, unable to properly extend my middle finger)

you make a real argument, you dipshit. nothing you said refutes the macro. you should just kill yourself now since you lack basic critical thinking skills

I came into this thread playing devil's advocate and you completely failed to prove me wrong, to my great disappointment. I even gave you a hint ( ) about one strong argument you could make. Instead, you got emotional. Poor display, user.

kids are more dumber than ever

No, just a newtype

We need to create an exception within age of consent laws that would allow children to give handjobs in order to save their finger muscle control.

listen to this load of crap. no one CARES! its a bunch of luddites mad that they cant force yet another generation into the slavery that is pencils! they bitch about my generation born in 2003 not being about to write in cursive, but how often is that used in day to day life? NEVER!!! my suggestion is to short pencil company stocks, lol because theyre gonna be tanking in the next, i wanna say 40 years

No they won't, you take their phone away and after an hour or to they start acting like they're on withdrawal. Not being able to write properly is fucking shit man you feel like a cave man and your hands will always shake when trying to do proper precise movements for things besides writing like say painting a miniature.

*Oh and before I forget this is what the woman writing the article looks like, her kids aren't learning to write cause she isn't disciplining them too. She even has that crazy eye stare.

Attached: ugly cunt.jpg (700x394, 54.47K)

You remember things more when writing them by hand.

The Declaration of Independence is in cursive. What happens when new generations literally cannot read the document?

Only Niggers can't read cursive, not even the cursive text formats you can use.

What's the point of ever writing anything by hand when everyone uses electronic devices?

Free to draw, write, format, and express your thoughts, words, and ideas without any limitations.

Because writing on documents is ten thousand times easier than using a computer.

yes, everything needs to be easy

Attached: raycis.jpg (351x144, 9.62K)

underage b& gtfo

You're taught cursive because employers will judge you based on your signature, not because it's easier to do anything.

when you have a keyboard in front of ou your WPM is actually fast enough that you can tye down everything, but pencil and paper isnt fast enough so you have to shorthand the everloving shit out of it, which means taking what they say and actually understanding the meaning of it so you can write it down in your own extremely information dense gibberish that no one else can decipher
or you can just fucking pay attention instead of taking notes

Quadrupod grasp master race checking in

I hope that the underage fags don't learn cursive. That way us oldfags have a way of sending coded messages to each other that they won't understand.

BTW who has the "prayer for Trayvon" cursive meme? that's related.

youngfag here (21)
I cant write cursive and was never taught it but its easy to read most of the time

You could make many arguments for why this is a bad thing, however, thinking about it, I don't really write a lot nowadays.
In fact, ever since graduating from college it seems that all the notes I've taken were on my phone or computer, so yeah, maybe writing is getting outdated.

I just realized why I failed my accounting class seven years ago. I tried to make a verbatim transcript of everything my instructor said with pen and paper and now I'm eating the cost of that by working for my dad at a job that I hate and making payments on a loan that's almost ten years old. What am I so stupid!

*Why am I so stupid!

Sorry, typo.

Cursive is very easy to learn. I taught myself way back when I was in 2nd grade…only to get yelled at by the teacher for using it because, according to her, I had no business 'skipping ahead' (it wasn't taught until 3rd grade). Fuck public school, it did me far more harm than good, but I digress…

Bait post but
Wtf is this shit true?

Attached: 917 (1).jpg (600x600, 32.27K)

Ah, a classic.

For a second I thought my screen was filthy.

Can you read an old ass book?

Indeed, and math teachers are pulling numbers out of their asses when correcting homework because "I'm right, fuck you"

Attached: A Prayer for Trayvon.jpg (930x1280, 289.29K)

BLAME THE PARENTS

- - - - -

so perfect

Not news.

that's the point of these devices. dumb down the populace.

Also I remember reading that the brain processes information on a computer screen differently than information on paper. Instead of just abstract ideas, the brain interprets words and numbers as actual 3d objects that you can spatially manipulate in your mind. Apparently looking at a paper allows the brain to function in that way whereas some parts of the brain don't activate when looking at a computer screen. I think this is why many people prefer paper textbooks over digital.

i was always secretly proud of my shorthand because it was so condensed i would often yield half a page of notes per hour and a half lecture and my friends absolutely could not figure out what the fuck i'd written while i was able to understand their notes

I remember getting scolded for having so much trouble with cursive back in third grade. I remembered getting the motions down but I’d always draw a bit lower than the reference line they give you to keep it centered. Then a grade later cursive was never mentioned again

this hasn't been the case for a while now

Has nobody realized that OP linked the
WRONG
article?

Attached: 7bbe214802e5aa8f18136868031aadbf5d73114bf2c5077eb03c60e00497928a.png (389x581, 195.41K)

stop living in the past tree murdering scum.

I was kidnapped and locked 10 stories up,but there was a slim space under the locked window that I squeezed a piece of paper out of,down to the ground.
Unfortunately,I couldn't write legibly and my message was not understood by the passerby who picked it up.
As a result,I was raped multiple times by a gay cult group of which I am now a member.
Get as many skills as you can

This except they didn't even show us the motions.

Haha stupid ass kids these days

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (584x800, 76.55K)

Why would you bump this you faggots.

Signature is outdated and very insecure method of ID (unless you create special secure signature but 99% of normalfags doesn't). It should be banned.

Is this real or fake? Because if it's real I think I want to throw up.

Is this real or fake? Because if it's real I think I want to throw up.

It's real and there's a follow up mugshot of our basketball-american fellow after he was convicted for sexual offenses.

If only you had a teacher screaming at you in 3rd grade for having a bad writing skills you wouldn't be raped today.
You rape what you sow