Post iconic firearms of your country

Post iconic firearms of your country

Attached: Umarex Colt Peacemaker Review_Umarex_Duo-012.jpg (838x280 38.24 KB, 26.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Kovats_de_Fabriczy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frot-Laffly_armoured_roller
gutenberg.org/files/345/345-h/345-h.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Chamond_(tank)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_FT
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.5_cm_Pak_97/38
tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww1/gb/Gun_Carrier_Mk-I.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The shitcuntland shitpost of a gun that will keep shitposting until after the next three nuclear wars, jam once because it needed a clean, then keep fucking going.

Attached: CompletedOwenGun1942.png (439x247, 46.35K)

Had the pleasure of making myself look like an idiot in front of a really cool oldfellow during a shoot I was invited to
I blame the old shitty gun

Attached: 4794B974-9A24-41BD-9B2A-684887D055F2.jpeg (600x411, 49.82K)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (640x359, 298.97K)

That gun is a good meme

What the fuck is that?

Canada's female-only rifle. Note not man fireable marked several times on the weapon to deter evil patriarchs.

Can we expand the thread to be about iconic local weapons in general? It always makes me smile to think about how the warhammer is a uniquely European thing because nobody else invented tin can armor to need to pierce or crush through. I wish we in America had a unique melee weapon we were known for. The closest thing we have to one is a cavalry saber, which is far from any kind of unique. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The US has a lot of iconic projectile weapons, come to think of it. Likely owing to being at the forefront of weapons development for 60 years or so and also having Hollywood to show them off in idealized contexts. The best example is probably the M134 Minigun, which has become to Gatling-style rotary guns what Kleenex is to disposable paper tissues.

Attached: 169146[1].jpg (1920x1080, 985.36K)

Oh sure, I can think of a few! Stuff like and
Boy I sure do love how my country ended up

Attached: Literally nothing.png (309x309, 8K)

You are welcome for the concept of the Sturmgewehr.
You are welcome for the concept of mechanized infantry.
And you are welcome for the concept of SAMs and guided missiles in general.

Do you seriously claim that the cavalry saber was invented by Americans?
Are you retarded?

Attached: WP_Magdeburger_Husaren-Kdo.jpg (800x534 64.45 KB, 36.23K)

The Bowie Knife doesn't count?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1280x767, 1.4M)

Canada fag here. We dont have any.

Don't lie, you have this beaut.

Attached: lul.gif (4000x2000, 97.55K)

What is a tomahawk

Attached: 781141B3-C058-4C02-88A4-D801078F6425.jpeg (1500x1200, 93.99K)

What about the sarissa?

I think he means the Patton "Saber", which is very close to the British 1908 sabre, even if it is a somehow independent development. And I take vid related isn't complete bullshit, so it's actually a one-handed lance. Also, calling these things sabres is extremely retarded in my opinion, because the origin of the word is Hungarian szablya. Szab is a verd that rougly means to cut something. E.g. tailor is called ''szabó' ("cutter")' exactly because most of his trade revolves around cutting patterns out of fabric and then sewing them together.

But that's a rapier. Sabers are single-edged and usually with a curved blade for slashing. If you knew American history, your first thought when you heard about cavalry sabers would be the Civil War.

Attached: 61_1.jpg (1136x581, 93.72K)

Tell that to Patton and the Brits, they named them sabres, not me. Besides:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Kovats_de_Fabriczy

An ubiquitous surplus naval axe we use to trade with injuns which then claimed it was always theirs?

You(re kidding right?
It's a double edge copy of the french cavalry saber model 1882.
It's the exact same dimensions as the light cavalry version.
Beside the pointless double-edge (on a sword made for thrusting… in a time French and British cavalrymen didn't even bother to sharpen the single edge they had…), the differences are purely cosmetic, the basket guard which is fancy lightened french style basket on one full cup on the other (the shape is exactly the same though), the handle with thumbspace thing (which I guess is to help train retards?) .

It is hilarious because it's the model that you can still find easily because it was universally despised by cavalrymen and only used by cadets and the school (which had a huge stockpile of the useless things) were Patton learned combat fencing, while the model 1896 or the older model 1854 was used by the actual french cavalrymen as not only the model 1882 still had the hybrid sharpened point for slashing (which had already disappeared on the 1854 model) and was deemed far to light for combat duty (dragon and cuirassiers version exist but were unanimously rejected by their corps and never saw service as they were way too light for heavier cavalry). It's also the model easier to find in good condition (since they were never used…).

If US cavalrymen had actually used those in combat on horseback Patton would have stayed in the history of military arms for cavalry as a fool…

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1208x934, 209.79K)

Excuse me, my knowledge is quite lacking. The Patton sabre is usually hailed as some kind of a Wunderwaffe, and usually they also mention the British 1908 sabre as the other peak evolution of sabres. So French cavalry sabres evolved towards thrusting, and the infantry abandobed it in favour of other cold weapons. Calling a straight-edged thrusting sword a saber is still something I find very strange when there are better fitting terms for such weapons.

Speaking of sabres, this abomination is a very uniquely American thing. This is easily the worst possible gun-sword to exist so far. Now that I think about it, you could combine a sabre (or more like a cutlass) and a revolver that has the barrel at the 6 o'clock position. It would be retarded just like all gun-swords, but at the grip could work both for the pistol and the sword.

Attached: 1913_sabre_1911_pistol_2.jpg (660x327 103.26 KB, 46.87K)

KA-BAR is more iconic imo

Attached: kabar usmc.jpg (2271x1002, 197.39K)

You missed stormtroopers
This one I'm not sure about.

Canada's contribution to firearms.

Cavalry saber is a disputed invention with it being argued as a Pole, Magyar, or Indian invention with modern ones based off French and Brit ones.

Russians actually beat you to the punch in that one during WW1 with Itals beating everyone to Battle Rifles.
UK did this first again during WW1.
I would give the credit to you but it is sort of shared with the Burgers. Yours were more effective although the bombs by the Burgers were surprisingly decent.

Recently a former police officer, Eirik Jensen, was convicted on charges of among other things corruption. What was found out during the trial was that he had hidden pic related inside a wall. Granted it's a common weapon here in Norway, but no one else would use it as an assualt rifle.

Attached: Krag–Jørgensen.png (1824x865, 550.13K)

We also have the Gatling gun itself and loads of shit Browning came up with.

On a technicality you have Garand which helps us in our claim to the Maxim and you had my personal favorite flavor of L1A1 since it can be clip fed.

You have the exploding Ross Rifle. Also AR-15 brass deflector.

I always thought it was neat how Bram Stoker used knives as an element of characterization in Dracula. To any educated reader Harker's Kukri immediately brings to mind imperial service in the British Raj while Morris' Bowie knife calls to mind the then still wild American frontier.

Attached: Quincey Morris.jpg (500x500 61.44 KB, 57.22K)

Morris had the Kukri and gave it to Harker

Ackschually they didn't, as they failed the step to mass produce theirs and make it a common infantry weapon.
UK invented the first modern tank, but they weren't the first to use mechanized infantry.
US missile development during WW2 was shit, it didn't really got serious after they got their hands on German technology and knowledge.

Most German rocket technology came from Pre-war US research, as in a guy could easily identify his shit used in a V-2. German Autism made it viable to be actually used.

The Soviet ST 40 was just a semi automatic rifle used in the same role as the Garand would have been used if the soviets had the capacity to produce them en mass. It uses full rifle caliber, and only had a magazine capacity of 10 rounds.
The Federov Automat used 6.5 Arisaka, which is close to intermediate, and while it's barrel is slightly longer than that of a StG I will let it pass. It's "high capacity" magazine also fits the bill, but there were only little more than 3000 of them ever produced. On top of that it was a crew served weapon, with an ammo bearer and a gunner. They only had one magazine per gun and had to reload it via clips. This is not a Sturmgewehr. It's an ultralight machine gun.

The UK didn't invent mechanized infantry. They used tanks and infantry, not infantry in armoured vehicles as assault troops.

The French had AA ROCKETS as early as WWI, but none of these had any sort of guideance. The whole concept of putting guideance on rocket propelled warheads was developed in Germany with the Vergeltungswaffen and the guided AA missile programs.Wernher von Braun himself admitted that the Redstone was what he wanted to build if he had the same resources as the US. The brits started developing their own shit, but it never saw combat use, and was more treated as a way to keep up with the advances on the other side of the channel.
I want to give huge credit to the French for taking the concept of guided missiles from air/air or surface/air to surface/surface and running with it until they had the modern prototype of what would turn into ATGMs.
Bravo France. You took a promising concept and turned it into something that fucking works and won't corrode itself to death within a week or explode just from looking at it the wrong way.

Source or bullshit.

Yeah right.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frot-Laffly_armoured_roller

No main gun, no tank.
What you are describing is an mobile pillbox, not a mobile pillbox destroyer.

Robert H. Goddard was able to point out everything on a V-2, as he put it was an advanced design of something he had from years back. Von Braun in later years admitted Goddards work made the V-2 and beyond possible.

I actually couldn't find where the heck he got it from a quick text search: gutenberg.org/files/345/345-h/345-h.htm
Too bad if true. Knives are great examples of differing cultures; for something so simple they come in such a wide variety. Pic related are one of my favorite examples. They were both invented around the same time period, using similar technology, for similar markets, for similar uses. But if you told someone who'd never seen them before "One of these is German and the other is French." I suspect most people would guess which is which with ease.

Attached: douk douk.jpg (466x466 214.93 KB, 12.15K)

And Newton's work made the V-2 and beyond possible as well, doesn't mean everyone who ever used calculus has to credit him each time.

Is copying euro "perfection" and making it better pretty 'Merican?

Attached: 20180817_161508_noexif.jpg (5312x2988, 4.59M)

Attached: 34.jpg (418x420, 27.86K)

I think you mistake what the point is. The V-2 would have never happened if Goddard didn't do as he did, especially when it came to the propulsion system which was for all intent and purpose a copy of Goddard's work given he figured the Germans straight up stole his shit upon inspection of an intact V-2 Von Brawn took heavily off of Goddards work that he had access to before the war started. The space race probably would have been a 70-80's thing if Goddard didn't exist provided someone actually spent the money and manpower to make liquid rocket propulsion a feasible reality.

Yeah, just like IO and Century AKs

British tanks didn't have main guns they had sponson shortened low power guns same as the french CA1. The only tank of WWI to have a "real" main gun is…
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Chamond_(tank)
Which packed an actual field gun bigger and more powerful than most of the early WWII tank guns…
What next "it's not a true tank because it didn't had a turret didn't have a turret?"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_FT

Britain is credited with the invention of the tank because they were the first to use them in big quantity in late 1916, while the french mass production was a complete mess, but it's a fact the french had armored, tracked, armed vehicles in as early as 1914 and had the concept sitting in boxes since 1903 (and by 1917 had the three type light/medium/heavy FT/CA1/Saint-Chammond in the 3 digits, which is the concept that stayed until late WWII early CW).

:^)

Attached: M1_Garand_rifle_-_USA_-_30-06_-_Armémuseum.jpg (2350x1100, 671.21K)

It's too late. He fell into the melting pot before he invented it. The M1 Garand ours forever.

I'm certain one of his creations met a similar fate when it was passed down to a soy based grand son. :^)

Edgy bantering is all well and good but there are some things you just can't say.

Attached: sadclown.gif (300x239, 9.67M)

Who made it and where do I get one?

If you mean the one on the left, he went at it with a soldering iron.
If you mean the one on the right, it's Hogue grip sleeve.

Attached: 3g-029808_10.jpg (740x471, 27.57K)

UK had APC's in WW1 and used them a fair amount in the interwar period.
Are you just going to ignore the whole Bren carrier was a thing?
As for that one while it didn't get pushed as far as it did there is a strong argument that if the whole Commie affair didn't happen that might have been formly adopted in larger quantities. It's still arguably the first Assault Rifle. You also missed out on the AVS-36 which was built in large numbers but did not receive widespread use for other reasons

Technically French had proposals for "modern" tanks I think as far back as 1905.

Attached: Comfy Bren.jpg (650x288 87.29 KB, 56.62K)

Attached: MobileScuds.gif (400x276, 65.2K)

Interestingly enough the Germans then used it to lob HEAT shells during ww2.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.5_cm_Pak_97/38

You also had SPGs.
tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww1/gb/Gun_Carrier_Mk-I.php

Attached: endoplasma rifle in the fowdy jiggawattz range.jpg (893x593, 72.76K)

A mark of shame on our nation.

Attached: SA80_A2_(L85A2)_5.56mm_Rifle_MOD_45162138.jpg (5040x4032, 5.95M)

Why not post the mark of shame on our nation.

Attached: EM-2_British_Assault_Rifle.jpg (5313x2102, 2.62M)

I guess. We're the only ones in South America that produce it domestically. I wish I could have a SAF and a semiauto SG 540

Attached: FAMAE SG 540M.jpg (1050x697 568.18 KB, 79.63K)

Sabres first came to Europe with the various Turkic invasions/migrations in the medieval era after originating in Persia or West Asia. From there it mostly stayed in the East of the continent; Poland and Russia. The pattern gained some popularity with the Thirty Years War. Some centuries later, after dealing with the Ottomans, western Europeans figured out that a long curved slashing blade was pretty good for mounted troops, especially when full armor was obsolete. At the opening of the 19th century they had caught on pretty well, particularly those of the Egyptian style, which was natural considering the colonial exploits of Great Britain. This style was improved by adding the old European feature of a protected "basket hilt" around the grip to shield the users hand, giving us what we normally think of as a cavalry sabre.
Time went on and they became less and less useful, but people still wanted to keep them around, so they kind of regressed into sharp fencing epees in order to reduce weight and maintain a vague degree of practicality as a combat weapon. They were still called sabres rather than something more accurate to the morphology because cavalrymen carry sabres.

Is that Jenson?

Mind stopping putting shit firing pins and trigger groups into them?

fucking mary-worshipping Alps niggers.

Attached: ppq.jpg (800x800, 83.08K)

Attached: Micro-Tavor21.jpg (250x122, 14.06K)

Pm63 is famous from 90's action/crime drama movies and Vis 35 was famous in WWII as being completely useless and the only weapon against Tiger tanks (^:

Attached: bron-pistolet-maszynowy-pm-63-rak-full-auto.jpg (900x1308 210.09 KB, 251.92K)

Only czech weapon that normie recognize.
Journos would probably call it Uzi tho.

Attached: skorpion.jpg (1000x665, 81.38K)

Damn i didnt know they made MAC10 with wooden handle, looking pretty sweet!

hello

Attached: 1304763475352.jpg (679x1200, 402.18K)

Could say a good old Louisville slugger is a classic American melee weapon.

Enjoy the charging handle rearranging your spinal cord.

Its a shame the carbine version never did become a thing, almost want to build a clone of it.

Everyone shut up, most iconic weapons coming through:

Maschinengewehr 34, 42, and 3
The grand daddy of modern GPMG tactics.
G3
Sold to every third world country ever, but you can feel the StG seeping out of every pore.
G11
"KRAUT SPACE MAGIC." 'Nuff said.
MP5
Think of any western SWAT team.
You just imagined a guy holding one of these, didn't you?
THE LUGER
Do I even need a witty comment at this point?
PANZERFAUST
Maybe not invented over here, but when you hear the name, you think of us.

Attached: serveimage.jpeg (799x504 759.6 KB, 155.81K)

Hallo

Attached: fn_p90.jpg (1280x853, 926.98K)

Can't really argue there.

What about the usmc ka-bar makes it the poor man's bowie?

It's a clip-point knife with a crosspiece which depending on definition is actually enough to classify it as a Bowie knife whose fanboys like to tout is as the ultimate fightan knife.

If we're talking about knives, i'll pay attention to this leaf child

Attached: Grohman Knife Canada Design.jpg (410x286, 140.09K)

Jesus, this 90° pistol grip… so ebin.
Only bandyci would use this one.
Go to fabrykabroni.pl for even more hard pore cornography.

Attached: 494412133264.png (508x497, 8.78K)

Are you insinuating that Służba Bezpieczeństwa and Milicja Obywatelska were bandits?
because that's correct. :^(

Siemka, what is your opinion on Beryl?
I've mostly heard good stuff about it, but that was for exported Beryls.
I don't want to go and shoot it because I kind of hate AKs, and I fear it might explode in my hands of somthing

Attached: beryl_opis_eng.png (1112x713, 389.3K)

Take that back or im gonna whack you with my big white baton

Other user here but ill lay my hands on it soonish and test it out

Attached: 636177804205163698.jpeg (1200x645, 191.73K)

I think you mean garandson.

gay reported and saged

Oho. I see hard pałowanie in the future.

Dziadku, what is "gay reported"? Did you make a gay report on me? Were you gay at the time of the report? Are you insinuating I'm gay? Are you insinuating mods are gay, as you've reported me to them?
seriously, just don't like them.

Attached: 6d94ef2770dd7fbe6d00199096228729bd04dc1f03197366e09e9d33e551d5b6.jpg (1024x514, 65.04K)

Bet you larper don't even pull out fingernails from teenagers because you can't deal with the antisemtism anymore
t. UB pro.

Grohman is pretty great.

Attached: Grohmann is best knaifu.jpg (2834x2347, 1.43M)

i would say these as far as being invented by us, however as far as iconic firearms used in our history i would say
both widely used in mexican revolution
it used to be legal and was very popular, is now a stereotype
likely will be remembered an iconic weapon of the mexican drug war, (if the war ever ends) because it is a common weapon of cartels

Attached: fx05.png (600x363 14.93 KB, 25.24K)

Howdy partner!

Attached: Winchester1873[1].jpg (800x384 76.72 KB, 43.03K)