Ash Wednesday 2018 - Lent 2018

Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.

Attached: Lent-cross.jpg (620x432 101.99 KB, 73.83K)

And all God's people said; Amen.

See you at mass, bros.

Reminder Catholics must both fast and abstain from meat.

What's the difference between fast and abstinence?

Fasting is not eating anything. I think youre allowed water tho, but if you wanna be Mega Catholic abstain from that too (like Christ)

fasting is not consuming food, abstaining is avoiding meat when you do eat

Attached: t3p9vh3863g01.jpg (600x600, 77.46K)

So which one is it? Do I just abstain from meat or do I not eat at all?

I'm giving up Zig Forums for lent, see you guys on Easter. Or sunday.

Attached: scuttle.gif (350x426, 96.31K)

This is the first lent I'll be properly celebrating and I have no idea what to give up or when it ends.
Wish me luck.

Attached: 1517802451962.jpg (417x515, 15.99K)

Attached: JUST.jpg (217x320, 19.29K)

One large meal and one small meal at maximum for fast, no consumption of meats for abstinence. That said, I might be missing something so I invite you to do your own research

just a friendly reminder

Attached: lent-infographic.png (736x736 448.33 KB, 107.04K)

Bye Chen

Attached: chen.webm (360x360, 677.61K)

I unfortunately will be compelled by health only to abstain not fast totally. I have a medicine that has awful side effects if I don’t have a couple crackers with it.

Can i eat meat during Lent with the exception of Wednesday, Friday and Saturday? Should these be only necessary meals instead of feasts?

Nothing but stardust

Attached: Samurai.jpg (407x599, 47.75K)

Does the Eucharist count as a meal on days of fasting?

Y tho?

Lent. Read the sticky.

I think it's a good idea. Flagposting doesn't lend itself to charity most of the time.

I had emailed the CCCB around a year or two ago because the page wasn't clear on the abstaining from meat every Friday, which my Parish Priest said we had to according to their page. I see the page has now been edited to be more clear. Plus this infographic is MUCH easier to understand. Thanks for posting it.

Quick question, what do they consider to be Manual Laborers? If I go work out like a Hulk at the gym, does that qualify?

Whether it's a good idea or not, my point is that a person doesn't sacrifice what he can't obtain.

I'm ready for Lent. Going to eat canned corn and canned green peas for 40 days, allowing myself maybe a vegan Subway sandwich and/or a beer every week-end.
I really need to get my prayers together though, I haven't prayed in two days. I've been feeling horribly depressed and tired, it's difficult.

What works of charity are you going to do for Lent? Remember this is the most important thing.
I don't know what I can do, because I'm broke.

based mods

Is ashes on forehead burger only thing? I never seen it anywhere else, we do ashes on top of the head here.

Lel
Today at mass priest at the end said
Americanisation done right?

No, it's not a burger-only thing. It's a global thing.
Do you shave your head?

It's like you seek out heavy metal poisoning with a magnifier

Those are the days when devil tempts us the most.
The lent has just begun. Stay strong user. You can make it.

Today and the Friday before Easter are the 2 mandatory (for the 18-65 years old ppl) fasting days of the year (i.e. skip at least a main meal).

Each Friday from the next till Easter are abstinence days (no meat).

The priest went hard today

Attached: ddddd.jpg (960x960, 95.5K)

By the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, because out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you will return. (Genesis 3:19)

Attached: TRUNEWS.com.jpg (960x960, 102.19K)