What's the deal with this guy?

Stumbled on this today. Apparently Washington attended services but didn't commune. His wife did. I know he was a mason, what's the deal with this guy?

Attached: bishop letter pt2.PNG (1040x602 192.66 KB, 38.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

c-span.org/video/?440587-6/bible-founding-american-constitutional-republic
c-span.org/video/?440587-7/bible-american-revolution
c-span.org/video/?440587-4/bible-founding-america-roundtable
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Even though he had the morals and integrity of a pious Christian man, Washington sadly fell for the Deism meme.

Ignatius says you can tell who the Gnostics are by who doesn't take the Eucharist. This is a trend that is continued in the dualism of low church Protestants today, ESPECIALLY Evangelicals (US definition). When we decide that God is "too big to be found in physical forms," we run into a lot of problems.

What the hell are you talking about?

he's making a comparison to low church protestants aversion to sacraments with gnostic dualism. It is a comparison that is accurate imo.

All protestants I know of take communion.

You should read Tertullian. His writings against the Gnostics is uncanny in how the arguments he cites them using just sound like modern low-church protestants. Including fun things like not believing in transubstantiation and refusing to believe in confession.

what about him

Didn't Tertullian also say that Jesus wasn't fully God?

Are we sure this isn't fraudulent?

Washington was definitely a Christian, he didn't even tolerate swearing in the Continental Army because he felt it was offensive to God, and that he was dependent on God for victory.

No. Against Praxeas is a very Trinitarian book, and in it Tertullian argues against the Modalists that their prooftexts show only that Jesus only proove that He is God, not that He is the Father.

He was a non-Trinitarian, unfortunately.

Yes. It's from the letters of the first presiding bishop of the Episcopal Church.

There is no evidence of this

Check these out. They're recent. From just a few days ago.

c-span.org/video/?440587-6/bible-founding-american-constitutional-republic

c-span.org/video/?440587-7/bible-american-revolution

c-span.org/video/?440587-4/bible-founding-america-roundtable

From what i’ve Gathered he was a theist. He definitely beloved in God and that God helped him win the revolution, but to what extent he was a Christian is unknown.

Rick Wiles also mentions how the practice of taking communion without a physical bread and wine (or wine substitute) that is sometimes practiced in Protestant churches originated from Gnosticism. He quotes one of the writings of the Saints (maybe St. Irenaeus?) but I can't recall from the top of my head.

Whoa, whoa, really? Give me a quote and sauce. I want to believe.

I second this.

I think you just accidentally acknowledged that the trail of blood meme is correct.

Attached: 1517966461723.jpg (1280x1440, 528.12K)

And this guy is some sort of expert, kek.

He was a ginger. You know how that goes.