Scale modeling

I'm sure many Streloks here have scale modelling as a hobby. Building small replicas of military vehicles, historical battles and just being an all round bad ass glue sniffer. Why don't we have a thread on it?

Attached: 6-tanks-001.jpg (2592x1944, 1.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

scalemodelling.gr/en/2017/11/22/beginning-end-u-boat-type-viic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My only experience with scale modeling was when i was a kid and my father brought me a technical modeling set for ww2 planes and tanks.
If i remember correctly we managed to complete one PzKpfW IV paper model, i remember it involved lots of small parts and precision.

Thats the only thing i did with scale modeling in my life

My only experience with camming online was when i was a kid and my father brought me a dragon set for dildos and butt plugs.
If i remember correctly we managed to insert a 3 inch width silicone plug, i remember it involved lots of artificial semen and patience.

Thats the only thing i did with dragon dildos in my life

Attached: 2_x7047.jpg (1024x768, 145.29K)

I have lots of 1/285 scale pewter miniatures, mostly of WW2.

Why did you pick that scale over others?

My experience with models goes as far as 40k and not a millimeter beyond that, though I always wanted to try and pick up Team Yankee.
It's a TTHWG (Table Top "Historical" Wargame) that focuses on a 1985 escalation scenario and was originally based around a novel with the same name. It's company scale, so you get quite a lot of units on the map. Air support, artillery, helos, missiles, IFVs, APCs, Tonks and the queen of battle: infantry are all there.
The actual rules are based off Flames of War, which is pretty much the same thing but WWII.
Sadly Team Yankee has taken a massive step back in historical accuracy by including shit like the Yorik, but I still like the models, especially the tanks and IFVs.
It's 1:100 scale, so it's too small to have very detailed infantry, but it fits perfectly for vehicles.

You can get detailed 1:100 models. The problem with flames of war is they have a "heroic" style which makes everything look like you turned biig head mode on.

I like tPSC, their models are reallly high quality considering the price. I would have used them for my IG if there wasn't such an obvious scale difference.
Fuck GW for their pricing. Just let others produce the models and focus on the rules/license.

If you're purely interested in playing looking into Table Top Simulator, there's a mod for most things and even if there isn't you can just use whatever models you want and write what they count as into the description. Finding people to play with is a bit harder (/tg/ used to play things with it) and persuading friends to buy it is a pain, /vg/ has a piratefag version but it can only play with other piratefags.
That's the one with all the MILAN spam right?

Again just play it with TTS and they won't get a penny (pirate the rules since they come as PDFs now). Use BattleScribe as well (an automatic list builder which functions as a quick reference for rules). It probably support Team Yankee too actually.

My latest project
i can post more

Attached: Sd.Kfz.62 135.jpg (2592x1944, 1.72M)

Aye. The new French army are super spammy in that regard.

I am more interested in that Helo to the right.
Did they really write "Gefahr" on that point of the tail? Looks stupid to me, but it's not something I would put past the Heeresflieger. I am very confused by that tail setup. It isn't the UH1, which would have a protrusion on the top. It isn't the Mil Mi 8, because the tail would be a lot longer than that, and not nearly as thick. It's not the Bo 105, because the stabilizer assembly is wrong, and it's not one of the super early or super recent helos either.
My best guess is the MilMi8/24 because of the paint job, and from those two it could only be the 8.

1/285 is standard in a lot of train set miniatures and it was used in old Hollywood for shot of destruction of bridges, cities, buildings etc.
I think some tabletop games also use it, because it's convenient. My grandfather had ships in 1/285 scale.

I'm not the best but so far I've done two Tamiya models, the 1/35 King Tiger and the ChTZ T-34/76

I could have done a way better job weathering the KT but I'm happy with the way the T-34 turned out

Attached: 20180825_122530.jpg (4032x3024, 5.09M)

Here's the KT. Pardon my shoddy camerawork.

Attached: 20180818_170216.jpg (4032x3024, 3.92M)

Tabletop sim is shit. A better plan is to just not support GW at all. Don't play their games any where, build up an alternative instead. Get people playing something where every comic isn't a nigress bitching at a white guy.

Thin your paints.

Attached: 1447906433144.webm (480x360, 1.41M)

Soy boy types in this hobby piss me off. There was a new club starting in my area after the last one folded due to school girl drama. Thought I'd try and give them a hand getting off the ground and ended up realizing why there was so much drama.

One guy immediately wanted to know if he could bring his own booze to the club. First event hasn't happened yet and he's wanting to get pissed. I hate people who drink at the gaming table. I'm there to play a game, if I want to get drunk I can do it without having to go else where. If your priority when going to a games club is alcohol you have a drinking problem.

Next problem was soy boy casuals. They were discussing boards and someone suggested using tiles. Tiles are a stupid idea because they allow people to cheat measurements. If you have a 2 foot tile you can estimate a range based on just that connection point. When this point was raised the response was "Who cares? Both players can do it so it's fine even in a competitive event". Cheating seems to them.

At that point I said fuck it, I don't want anything to do with these people. My local area is full of faggots who I want nothing to do with. Multiple shops and they range from full Chris-chan retardation group to soy boy haven. I swear the tabletop hobby has been swarmed by these people and now there is nothing left of the old Heavy Metal fan types I used to enjoy hanging out with. I think I may retire my gaming side to work exclusively on display pieces, maybe with a focus on entering online competitions with them. It's just a shame once you finish a model it sits on a shelf and that's as far as it goes.

First two I've done, working on improving my builds slowly. I suck ass at painting figures because I have big ass hands.

Stop making excuses. If your hands can hold a brush you can paint them.

Don't start adding gore and shit. Focus on the basics. Get even coats of paint, keep within the lines. Forget blood effects until after you have this down. There's paints made to look like blood and it's not what you're doing.

I have a few models sitting around, but I haven't gotten to them.
The most i've done plastic wise is some gundams and one 40k guardsman years back.
How do I not fuck up?

99.9% sure that helo is an HH-53

Attached: HH-53C_in_flight_South_Korea_1982.JPEG (2810x1900, 1.17M)

Can't be avoided. Got to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

thoughts on these concepts?

Attached: bb73-02.jpg (1793x703 64.05 KB, 897.05K)

WRONG

a hind d?!

Attached: This thank is made of dust.jpg (3264x2448 2.24 MB, 1.98M)

wrong photo

Attached: The merchant and the 2 goys v2.jpg (3264x2448, 2.09M)

I bought this Revell Panzer IV a while ago on a whim when I was at the local hobby shop and decided to give it Girls und Panzer livery, it's the first model I've made in probably 8 years or so, I made a few airplanes back in high school but they aren't very good. I bought some waterslide decal paper for the markings but I haven't finished it yet because there's ankou and Ooarai markings on both the hull and the skirts, so I want to put the decals on before final assembly. Problem is the paper is for laser printers and mine shit out on me right after it came in a couple months back so it's sorta been in limbo ever since. I've decided to try and make all 8 tanks, the problem is the Pz IV I got is in 1:48 scale, and basically none of the other tanks have models available in anything closer to that than 1:35. Also the model itself was pretty poor quality, the mating between the upper and lower hull was pretty bad, the rear of the tank just looks like shit especially the area round the idler wheels, and it took a shitload of epoxy to get the transmission deck to look even somewhat presentable also the directions in the model had the tow hooks in the wrong place and I didn't notice until after I put them on, plus the Pz IV in the show has applique on the upper and lower glacis which this one doesn't have. Luckily the paint was pretty easy to find, it's signalbraun for the hull and schwarzgrau for the wheels in case anyone was wondering. In my quest to get more 1:48 scale tanks for the team I found another Revell model, an M3 Lee for Rabbit team, on ebay, I guess it's been discontinued? At any rate I bought it and man, it's an absolute fucking mess, I'm not even really sure where to begin, I've pretty much given up. I can't get the 75mm to fit in the fucking casemate, the two parts of the hull fit together worse than probably any model I've ever seen, and the way they sectioned up the parts of the turret are straight up retarded. I've looked around and I can find 1:35 scale models of every tank on the team, even the Porsche Tiger which was pretty surprising, so I think I'm just going to start over from the top in 1:35 scale. A real shame too cause I had a lot of fun with the Panzer IV, I think I did a pretty decent job on it despite being way out of practice.

Attached: desk.jpg (4160x2080 2.18 MB, 2.51M)

Well dress me up and call me Lilly, it's actually a Mil Mi 24. I got it wrong.

Sexy.

making your own decals is a bitch, you shouldn't worry about that for now. Just work on building a nice kit and use pre-bought decals to add detail. Then when you have the skills you can build your dream kit.

These aren't mine, but they are all 1/285.

Attached: germans1.JPG (1140x468 386.49 KB, 68.45K)

It takes a special kind of autist to make 1:285 look good.

Got a few questions.
What kind of glue do you use? Model cement? Super glue? Both? What brand is better? How do you apply it decently so it doesn't leak out.
Do you guys spray on a coat of primer first? I have a can of black spray primer to help act as shadow in case of hard to reach painting spots. Do you paint before or after assembly?

I used to do 40k modelling, used model cement. Instead of applying with the tube directly, to keep from using too much you should put a drop of cement on a toothpick and use that to apply it, that way nothing leaks out. I sprayed everything with a gray primer first; black would work as well, your top coats would just be a little darker. I tried painting both before and after assembly; before was easier to paint but I think model cement is designed specifically for plastic-on-plastic, because if I glued painted areas together the bond was much less sturdy.

I just bought whatever plastic glue they had at the hardware store. As long as it sticks two pieces of plastic together and won't dissolve them it's fine.
Spray primer is really only useful for very large models, like tanks and such. Always paint before assembly. Sure it's a little bit more difficult to figure out where the light and shadow will be, but that's nothing compared to the difficulty of painting a detail in some tiny space.

You can always put a small piece of masking/crepe tape over the parts you want to glue together if you really want to use spray-primer.

Depends on the model you're doing and what part.

Super glue is my default go to as it always works. It's only downside is it can be hard to see if a gap is full of super glue when applying putty after but that's not major. I like Loctite as it works well and is cheap. Others prefer gorilla glue as it has a longer drying time and can let you adjust parts as they dry.

Plastic cement go tamiya, The thin kind is popular but I like the normal orange lid better. Both come with a brush. Brushes are important for plastic glue.

Always prime, no matter what prime. It gives you an even base to work off of and if you use black it works as a shadow as you said.

Assemble as much as you can without it blocking your paint job. Never paint on the sprue you will only have to repaint it as you build it.

If you're painting pre-construction plastic cement is useless, you would need to scrape the paint off both connection parts. Some say the same for super glue but I've had no problems with super glue and paint.

Spray primer is for everything. I use vallejo brush primer some times but a spray prime is generally better.

I don't paint before assembly unless I know that there will be an obscured area that I wouldn't be able to reach easily. Typically, it's easier to do sub-assemblies for larger models when this is the case. I use blue-tac to fit the model together and gameplan everything before gluing/priming/painting.
I have a bunch of 28mm fantasy stuff; 40k, shit for D&D, a bunch of Gundams etc. For military stuff, I have been building a collection of modern 100mm scale infantry and vehicles. So far, I have a MIG-21, a few Russian and German tanks that I am converting into Jihadi battlewagons (terrible "camo" paintjobs, welded on scrap metal etc), and a whole bunch of infantry; American and African regulars and Middle Eastern irregulars. I also have a few models of African and Middle eastern DSHK crews for making technicals, but you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a fucking Matchbox pickup truck. I don't want to spend $25 on tiny pickups.
I am putting this all together for some wargaming with the lads. For this, I am also crafting some terrain and buildings from cork board.
Pics unrelated. Not mine, but inspiration for what I want to do.

Attached: trenches02.jpg (1024x768 108.96 KB, 379.35K)

HNNNNNNG

Dude, yeah. There is some amazing stuff out there.

Attached: trench diorama.jpg (640x960, 100.93K)

The things a man can do with some resin.

Attached: e8dfcf3ec460aa3e9353352b8c8261d2e27f9a57.jpg (1072x595, 90.3K)

Attached: y.jpg (183x276, 11.62K)

scalemodelling.gr/en/2017/11/22/beginning-end-u-boat-type-viic/
Check this shit out.

Attached: beginning of the end.jpg (1280x853, 161.74K)

Okay, the bubble clouds and explosion are apparently just painted cotton poured over with resin, but still.
FUCKING WIZARDRY
And that would have had to been done with a single pour, too, including the shaping of all the surface effects.

That's pretty great tbh.

Wew lad

A few more for you lads. Scale modeling is awesome.

Attached: weathering.jpg (1024x769 28.63 KB, 165.41K)

dont worry user, i got the reference

This thread is autistic.

Attached: 79.jpg (1354x1000, 347.59K)

Almost as bad as not seeing leaves on trees or the smaller stars in the sky.
Sage for offtopic.

Attached: wojackcrying.jpg (300x300, 13.92K)

Wear glasses

is the match stick there for scale or did he ruin the diorama with a random piece of wood?

bump

How do people get eyesight this bad, I've been staring at screens since I was 5 while the rest of my family needs glasses to see and don't come close to how much I use this shit.

Is this a serious question?

Attached: 99172164ee6a3eaa56021f3be47d675185e3666568745a21499a53f13df6cec8.jpg (500x624, 22.24K)

A screen damages your color perception, a book damages your range.

Attached: 20.jpg (1280x1854 378.24 KB, 459.17K)

Attached: 24.jpg (1280x1851 475.03 KB, 401.51K)

Do you ever blow them up for fun?

Neck your self

Shouldn't have posted that Stalker

Attached: 3e48a3be2fa55f0e1580119966db78aeb609b09dce70602ff8e70821e1056a7d.jpg (1100x1400, 635.07K)

>>>/suicide/
Immediately.

Pray I never meet you irl, welp!

Attached: 121d1b54d99f2fe4690893330a7d189178f0c836f0c1f8c904348f8599d16861.jpg (604x426, 27K)

And people wonder why I'm not friendly

At first it looked like it was going to be people bullying her and destroying her models.

Attached: 1395632026502.png (900x702, 310.98K)

Disgusting. Fluff is for headpats and building tank models with.

One of these days, mate… One of these days, Russia and China will give you what's for.

Attached: Take The Shot.jpg (1280x720, 82.57K)

Attached: 9a4db8c9e23ac97c5ead317ac74becc9367efb7df0da6e01741990f23b559417.jpg (613x681, 30.83K)

STOP

Shit's sad, bruh. Someone brief me on manga conventions. Is the last panel showing the corner of the swingset some sort of innocence metaphor, or is it trying to infer that she hung herself?

A student from PIA is currently browsing this thread.

I can FEEL you….

Fuck you, leave me alone, faggot.

Oh no, much worse happens to her later in the manga.

No thank you. I already feel more sadness for that 2D than I've felt for any 3D in years.

I want to know, but I don't want to know, I want to know but I don't want to know. Why the fuck did you say that! I want to know but I dont want to know!

Attached: whispering-ill-kill-you-the-hatred-for-toby-is-real-9376242.png (500x566, 139.13K)

I found it pretty hot actually, just too much pubic hair. I mean, she's ~16, not 21.
I really hope this is just ironic shitposting and you guys aren't actually that squeamish. Although the common response is to act offended by that doujin, it's really hard to tell these days, because a lot of Stelo/k/s seem way too soft (and undergageb&).

Attached: 1424132085914.jpg (353x353, 42.91K)

Strelok that's not any old dimebag anime bitch, that's the innocent fluff who just wanted to talk about tanks.

(check'd 911 digits)
Also, I quite enjoyed the references.

Wait, what?

Attached: CIA_Torture.jpeg (1200x828 208.99 KB, 149.71K)

Yeah, but she's not real you know. Wonder what her tears would taste like?

Attached: am_i_the_only_one_who_has_an_erection.png (243x226, 31.58K)

sauce?

abu ghraib, american torture/rape prison in iraq

Faggot, I DONT CARE ABOUT NO SAND NIGGER! I meant the manga.

Lurk more faggot.

Attached: 1676f36f25b788588798a7d43d478759.jpg (1250x1768, 2.23M)

That's just plain wrong.

This is why anime should be banned.

I just read that manga now.For me, It felt more like some dark and gritty manga with nudity in it than a Doujin it was categorized. I dunno, it's just what I think. With that aside, I think I find the manga not that bad. After all, This guy is right. It does get worse.

Well, I might as well show you it already.

Attached: Humiliation.jpg (867x1253 191.9 KB, 226.65K)

It's not being squeamish as much as it it's being disgusted by the idea of betraying the trust of a nice girl, who just wants to bond over a shared hobby, because you and your friends are can't get laid any other way, and then throwing her away like garbage afterwards. If any of that appeals to you, fine, but understand that you are an actual subhuman.

Attached: b54766d10c62d5cd6f8ab96fe736bfc05d1786bad642d3636d0537e42dad16c6.jpg (1000x1000, 174.91K)

Nah see, these panels didn't bother me because the context is different. POW torture, bog-standard rape, people getting killed. Don't really care even if it is women. The context of the first panel series is what made it sad as said. Especially how, even after the rape, she is still willing to go back to the club because she is just that glad to at least find people who share her interest only to have even that last hope shot down.

Does gunpla count?
Otherwise, no. I have a few kits I've put together in the past, and a few from one tabletop wargame that I never painted.

There's also one of my favorite plane lying around in the closet that I feared I couldn't do justice, so never put together.

Attached: 29f7b8c681959ad39b4f09ff716aba8f16f3a941048524fc1b553e999a4693ba.jpg (1200x1680, 389.55K)

All of these posts have NOTHING to do with the thread subject.
>>>/oven/

Attached: Absolutely Degenerate.png (600x600, 446.16K)