So, they got marriage, now they want your kids

As some of you may have heard, Ozfailya late last year joined the esteemed ranks of countries like Ireland, Canadia and other basket-cases in embracing the right of gays and other alphabet people to marry each other, known locally as Same-Sex Marriage. After the vote, there was a lot of conversation and agitation about adding to the legislation several "religious freedom" clauses that would placate the five million of us who voted against, and protect the rights of we religious in varying ways. But, the 60% (who were about 85% in the Parliament) were determined to push through the bill unchanged, and so they did, promising that they'll push through a religious freedoms bill at a later time.

Well, you'll never guess what … oh, gee, it's a funny story … but the 60%, for whatever reason, seem dead-set against permitting the rest of us to have any such freedoms at all, not even the ones we already have. Ho ho ho, what a lark. So, a state director of Australian Marriage Equality recently asserted that religious schools should be forced to hire LGBTI teachers and all church exemptions to anti-discrimination law should be abolished, while another state's body agreed saying any such exemptions "go too far" and "entrench substantive inequality".

Ultimately, the rights being sought are akin to already accepted norms elsewhere in the world, things like the right of religious schools to reject gay teachers, or to reject gay indoctrination from any teachers, the right of parents to teach their kids whateverthefug they please, and so on. But, no, hey, "we won, so now we get to dictate terms to the rest of you bigots". Their repeated argument goes something like this: religious freedom means you can believe what the fug you want, but you can't come near me with that bigotry, bigot, nor can you stop me working at your kids catholic school, preaching at your kids, or explaining to kids what a dirty sanchez is.

At times, the SSSSM folks want to redefine life as we know it: "We actually need to narrow (the) broad exemptions for religious bodies in discrimination law that prevent vulnerable people, including LGBTI people, from accessing critical services." Sounds fair in a tolerance-based kind of way, right? And what kinds of "critical services" are we talking about here? "religious schools or other faith based settings … religious charities". What? These are critical services, are they? So now alphabet people are entitled to help from religious charities. I wasn't aware they were human-rights mandated services. I always thought charity was a gift at the discretion of the giver. How silly am I!

Meanwhile, in what alphabet people might consider to be high-order irony, church leaders in Oz are saying they want this law to combat the "hatred" being doled out against Christians. And it's not just academic: some woman got sacked for changing her facebook profile pic in our gay capital; some wise-a55 posted a campaign to get a doctor deregistered because she appeared in a "No" campaign tv ad'; a Christian business exec was forced to resign various Christian group roles and even his job because of butthurt alphabet supporters and too timid firms; people getting disciplined for posting "No"-vote stuff; or for … of all the shit … offering to pray for someone under stress. But don't worry, because one Ozfag near-national newspaper has got religious people covered by daily reminding people about the Cathbro church … owning $6 gazillion dollars in property.

Alright, so why does Zig Forums care? I figured since I've seen a few ozfag Christbros wander the halls here, it might be nice to have a single dedicated thread where we can all commiserate together on the fall of western civilisation in our country, debate which country we were best to move to, as well as share resources and discussion on the shitstorm that's guaranteed to dominate a second year in a row. I'll set the ball rolling with four links, two articles and two submissions to Phil Ruddock's pantomime of horrors enquiry.

smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/churches-demand-new-religious-freedom-law-to-combat-era-of-hatred-20180213-p4z05f.html
watoday.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/yes-victors-seek-abolition-of-all-church-exemptions-to-anti-discrimination-laws-20180214-p4z0aj.html
amnesty.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Religious-Freedom-Review-Submission.pdf
d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/marriage/pages/2012/attachments/original/1518630478/MA_Religious_Freedom_Submission.pdf?1518630478
from here:
marriagealliance.com.au/marriage_alliance_religious_freedom_submission

Enjoy.
And, if this thread is unnecessary, mods, it'll die a natural death on its own.

Attached: 1511146440321.png (427x409, 57.26K)

Abandon Sodom, begome Amerigan.

tl;dr

Bigots are not allowed on Zig Forums

Give me a tldr

Not OP. But I will do it. In Australia, churches and church schools are about to be forced to have "diversity hires" now. Freedom of Religion be damned as in you can believe whatever the fuck you want, but your practises are dictated by us because "diversity" won. Meanwhile, the faithful everywhere are getting dog-piled and press-ganged by "diversity" out of their jobs and getting socially killed for just being Christian or even praying.

tl;dr Australia is about to become Sodom if things continue the way it is.

Attached: 22a6d39aad24c4bffe8c08b2d9ffd958e8935e8107a3f26fdc45ebd27c7b9a80.jpg (1250x581, 75.06K)

The answer to this, in any country like this, is simple.

All Christians go underground. What? Look, it was by the grace of God that technology and society advanced to this point, without God-fearing people in control, it will collapse.

Churches should no longer be legal entities, schools should be hidden and volunteer-based, communicating the gospel should be in close, personal contact.

The enemy, through our factionalization and the indulgence of our appetites, has managed to regain the official platform - but this way of thinking will always destroy the society that adopts it.

Let us burden the welfare state, teach our children secretly, eschew all pop culture, and reconsolidate strength and piety so we can grasp the reins of society peacefully when all the chaos unfolds that naturally comes from the liberal world-view. If we're prepared and strong we might prevent the horrible wars and atrocities that these evil people will do to themselves if we stupidly oppose them openly to our own destruction right now.

If someone sees a certain way to turn the tide, by all means, do so. But becoming a martyr on purpose is stupid - fight for God with all of your life, not by challenging the evil people to strip you of everything you hold dear.

God save the Aussies

(((anglois)))

Turn off the telly, rediscover Christian heritage of Australia in real terms, get informed on the JQ. Once they took over our media and govt it was only a matter of time before this had spread to your country.

Couldn't the religious schools hire chaste gay teachers who hate their sexuality? Or asexuals?

BEADY

>I'm okay with this
The Church has been underground before, in some places still is, and will no doubt be forced to go again. But, no one wishes to see such days.

Of course, but there's so few homosex who are Christians and chaste (most seem to embrace errant theologies that allow them to be active homosex rather than face the truth about what God actually says if they even get to hear it from their female, probably-gay-herself minister), and if you can find even ONE non-Christian alphabet person who refrains from sex …

But even then, it's not really even about gays and alphabet people – that's really a distraction – what matters most is the right to employ people who are thoroughly committed to the path of God. At issue is that the evidence is against someone's claims to being so committed if they continue to engage in illicit sexual practices or advocate the same.

Done.
the what now? You mean go to a museum?
is that some new social media app?!

Mmmm, no offense, mate, but didn't your country embrace gay marriage before ours? Sure, in leftcoast states, mainly, but still, how long do you think it is before bans on teh ghey in Mississippi or Arizona get overturned by the Supreme Court?

>>>/reddit/

*LOL*
Yeah, thanks r/christianity for the laugh

No. Just read it.

Attached: how-ppl-read-the-bible-these-days.jpg (620x960, 88.46K)

May the Lord castigate this reprobate nation. Shame i am trapped within it..

Don't abandon. Just meet other Christians the same as you and isolate yourself from mainstream society.

Oh wow, who could've seen that coming. /s

Attached: 36fdd90c9c30be011373c89c86f7a10e7c4f8859a8769e58ae3964a358aee889.jpg (525x438, 45.04K)

Just wait until 2024.

Attached: Ride the lightning.jpg (348x347, 24.16K)

I am prone to agree with you in this.

I think it's going to be very soon that teaching your children religion is child abuse through indoctrination, that wanting to be around like-minded people, unless those people are liberals, will be bigotry and a criminal offense- hate propagation or something.

Or course, there'll be war once those laws hit the books. It remains to be seen whether the coasts will subjugate the interior of the country or whether it'll split the nation into two joined coasts and a midwest/south/Texas country.

At least the US has the split possibility. The church in European countries is in for hard times.

I don't wish to see those days; you misunderstood. What I meant is I've made peace with the probability. I'm not going to make a foolhardy stand- I'll remember Christ's words not to square off against an evildoer and will patiently wait for a time for us to repair the awful destruction the secularists will bring.

Attached: 56fb40f783dd9324a94c6867deec535f5f54354a42de409adccc0274ce88fb40.png (1380x511, 379.22K)

idk who you're quoting but it isn't me

I don't know whether the nation will split necessarily. It is a possibility, but things are looking awfully authoritarian as of late with the direct violation and tacit removal of constitutional rights, the militarization of local and state police forces that took place under Obama, and more recently the near total abandonment of anything resembling civil discourse in the public sphere…
If there is a split, the sodomite heathens will subjugate the midwest etc. to tributary state status at best.
More likely I think is a scenario in which the state actively oppresses Christians and other moral minorities authoritarian-style. Think of Nazism but instead of Jews it's us and instead of Gestapo it's a ftm tranny.
These things are not as far-fetched as people would like to believe. The time to prepare is now.

Attached: sacred heart and cardinal.jpg (952x1280, 129.87K)

At least some of us might get to be martyrs. I wish it do not have to come to this but it is a real possibility unless people will have enough of the far left rubbish and call them out and shut them down.

Yeah, sorry. I was quoting:

I meant to reply to two posts but somehow missed tagging the second post.

One thing on our side- military is overwhelmingly conservative, and somewhat religious. I live near a military base; they totally will not allow the coasts to overtake the midwest/south.

I'm not saying they won't allow the split, they probably would, but it won't be like the civil war- there was no standing army then, the north and south raised there armies after they decided to duke it out.

Here, there's the military industrial complex but it tends towards rural values. Definitely more conservative. I don't think the military would conquer the liberal coasts, I just think they'd defend the heartland and the coasts would lose a surprisingly large amount of military personnel and equipment in the transition. That, in turn, would bring a lot of industry to the center/south of the country meaning that the new interior nation wouldn't be unviable. Texas has access to the gulf, the last step toward viability would be some state in the interior nations managing to grab land access to the Pacific.

It'd make more sense if Britain wasn't also becoming trash.

RIP Aus, I feel NZ will be heading that way shortly. What with people trying to legalize euthanasia, to make abortions more readily available, and how the Catholic Highschool in my area isn't allowing my practicing Catholic teacher friend teach religious education anymore all isn't a good sign.

yeah our country is essentially just a fancy resort

huh, who would've guessed it?

Attached: find the difference.jpg (1394x1500, 779.03K)

Attached: lol-anderson.jpg (470x480, 53.31K)

Guys, I understand no one knows the day nor the hour except the Father, but hopefully you see what is happening around us and can interpret the times and the season that we're in and this will prompt us all to prepare all the more urgently.

Attached: borrowed_time.jpg (800x800, 128.38K)

Welcome to Romania, where there has been a massive discourse that makes people believe the reason our hospitals and roads suck is because we are building our first national cathedral, and the state chipped in with a couple of million bucks several years ago(our healthcare and infrastructure funds are tens of billions per year, and are notoriously leaky).

And that's when they keep the costs somewhat objective, and not spiral into "the Church is stealing hundreds of millions of euros from the state every year, somehow"

Attached: PenceIsWatching.png (1919x649, 436.71K)