How do I into Christian meditation?

how do I into Christian meditation?

Attached: Human_eye_reflecting_the_sun.jpg (220x157, 16.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w5GiPyoNK30
amazon.com/Mind-Illuminated-Meditation-Integrating-Mindfulness/dp/1501156985
lesswrong.com/lw/5jj/meditation_insight_and_rationality_part_2_of_3/
youtu.be/eNAw5is5LXY
youtu.be/7S706N8oX0k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1509509710805.jpg (668x712, 128.86K)

youtu.be/w5GiPyoNK30

Attached: consciousness-space.jpg.jpeg (600x388, 74K)

Rosary is easiest one.

I only pray to God or his son(Jesus is God)

Prayer rope + Jesus prayer then. But remember it is not a mantra, you are adressing a person directly. Don't fall for new age bullshit

It's simple
1) read passage from bible
2) think about it in seclusion
3) congratulations, here's your mesitation

1. Start with a rosary or a prayer rope
2. Read The Way of a Pilgrim and The Cloud of Unknowing
3. Don’t get involved in any Gnostic, New-Age, or syncretic shit in any way
The Gnostics were a fraud. They misrepresented both Christian scripture and Platonic mysticism. The Neoplatonists and Christians simultaneously wrote against the Gnostics. Orthodox Christianity is the proper successor to Platonic philosophy. Look into Plato, Plotinus, Justin Martyr, Origin, Athanasius of Alexandria, Gregory of Nyssa, Augustine, Pseudo-Dionysius the Areopagite, Francis of Assisi, Meister Eckhart, John of the Cross, and Julian of Norwich

this

This.

The Puritans had a well developed practice of thoughtful meditation. You can learn about it in this book.
You can also try some more mystical forms of Christian meditation, but you should be sure that you are well grounded in the scriptures(which Puritan meditation can help with) before attempting that.

>>>/out/

Become Orthodox.

both of these

As a Christian, is it okay that I read this book without buying it? Is it okay to pirate books?

No, you should buy it if you can.

Copyright laws are a recently invention that attempt to relabel book copying as theft. I think all the monks who dedicated their lives to creating copies of religious texts so more people could increase their piety would approve of this method of copying and distributing books.

Attached: MiddleAges-4.jpg (858x758, 195.44K)

If it helps you out I bought the book, and converted it to PDF.
Honestly I think its fine if you read the book first, and then, if it helped you, support the author latter when you have the money.

There is a BIG difference between:

1. A monk legally and laboriously and meticulously, over the course of years, copying a Bible by hand, which was the teachings of the church meant to be shared amongst the clergy (and eventually the laity.)

and

2. A writer and/or publishing company trying to make a living and/or pay for the expenses of running a business necessary to be a publisher/distributor of books, having their works electronically copied and distributed to thousands in the blink of an eye and not seeing a cent of their rightly deserved profits for their labors.

No. Do not fall for this "ethical piracy" rationalization meme. There was a time when I lost count the amount of times I said to myself "Well, I don't have the money right now, but I'll just keep this copy on my computer till I get financially better off." Over time I would acquire a multi-gigabyte collection of material I intended to "pay for", but a funny thing happened whenever I would come in to money. I spent that money on things that I did not already "own" and felt no motivation to "rebuy" what I already "owned." Eventually I came to my senses and deleted off my hard drive or threw away the CD/DVD-Rs with pirated material and went on the straight and narrow.

This ridiculous "copying is not theft" meme needs to die. It's a thin, pathetic rationalization for entitlement and the inability to delay gratification. No. You aren't entitled to everything, and you aren't entitled to it right now just because you want it right now. Have some patience and get it the right way.

What about out-of-print books?

What about videogames that are being resold but the original developers are already long-gone and won't receive anything from a legal purchase?

The best book I have ever read on learning how to meditate. It does not force you to give up your existing religion, and is entirely consistent with the community 'maps' of the later stages of samatha and vipassana meditation and the subjective experience of 'enlightenment'.

This is the book you should read: amazon.com/Mind-Illuminated-Meditation-Integrating-Mindfulness/dp/1501156985

This is why you should meditate (yes, read part 2 first): lesswrong.com/lw/5jj/meditation_insight_and_rationality_part_2_of_3/

Good luck.

Attached: 51HJ2bi6JRL._SX403_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (405x500, 55.19K)

Don’t do it. It can be dangerous and it is a pagan practice - prayer is the Christian method.

Prayer has the same effects as meditation on your calmness minus the dangerousness
Buddhists will say it is because your “ego” reacts and deny meditation is dangerous

t. brainlet

In orthodoxy how important, is fasting combined with meditation, with your prayers? And how do you know when you should fast for a prayer, and/or meditate?

Attached: TRUNEWS.com.png (1024x512, 1.06M)

intentions are important in christian meditation
its not the same thing as hindu or new age bullshit or channeling of unknown spirits

if you have clear intentions no fear of evil and you are focused on God then you will find the real peace in Christ

these

Sad!

Meditation is from satan.

absolute brainlet, in its pure sense meditation is attention to attention itself, focusing our attention on the divine mysteries is absolutely breadpilled, what a christian means when he sais meditation is to fixate your heart on the pure and divine in absolute quiet and with all your attention, it's advanced prayer. you set the flesh aside and allign the soul with the divine.

Proverbs 4:23
Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

Colossians 3:2
Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.

Romans 8:5-7
For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

Unfortunate.

don't know
read the mystic poetry of st john of the cross

just turn off ur fone sit down and think nigga

Just found this very helpful: An example Garden of Eden meditation
——

Step 1:
Open scripture read relevant passages or look at the symbols/art.
Step 2:
relax, in preparation, concentration without effort (this is not a history test)
Step 3:
Quietly observe the flow of thoughts, without getting drawn in
Step 4:
Imagine what the Garden of Eden is like sensually and physically. The beauty, the abundance, the songs of the birds, the animals, the feel of the grass underfoot, the warmth of the sun, the refreshing coolness of the night. No mosquitos, no sunburn, and so on. Visualize the Tree of Life. Then the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil – is it attracting, or repellent, or more like a void? Allow your imagination free reign to visualize the appearance of the Garden.
Step 5:
Move a little deeper. What is life in the Garden like? The experience of pleasure without pain, no hunger, no thirst. How do you experience your mate? Are you attracted by Adam’s or Eve’s beauty? Do you experience sexual desire? How do you react to nakedness? Again, give free reign to the imagination, always attentive to higher inspiration.
Step 6:
What is the mental life of Adam and Eve like – their feelings, their thoughts? What is it like to have no fear of death, illness, poverty? No anxiety, since there is perfect manifestation. But is there still something lacking? What is the attraction to the Tree of Knowledge? Why is there even the possibility of temptation? What were they thinking? Does that attraction to worldliness still exist? How to overcome it?
Step 7:
What is the spiritual life like of Adam and Eve? Move beyond words and thoughts and try to experience this directly. They are in constant awareness of the presence of God, not as an old man walking around, but in their hearts. What is that like? There is no crisis of faith, no doubts, no feelings of forsakenness and abandonment because that presence is always felt.
Step 8:
Gradually stop the active participation in the imagination. Detach and observe, and in the silence be attentive to any inspiration.
Step 9:
As you let go, and in silence contemplate the flow of thoughts, images, feeling, become aware of the primordial state that precedes all thought, images, & feelings.

Attached: 922ec6a6e144d2824252787fd6fd38afd4bdcbfb74fd18f8926c672d1b564fcc.jpg (1024x668, 138.73K)

prelest or cringe, I can’t decide

The rosary is a fine way.

These videos and this book will help

youtu.be/eNAw5is5LXY
youtu.be/7S706N8oX0k

"The ways of mental prayer" by Vitalis Lehody

Meditate on, pray with, and memorize the entire Book of Psalms.