How to?

How does one refurbish this gun K? What is it? What ammo does it take? What would one need to do if they desired to make this a perfect item to use for their hunting, sport, and lesiure?

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Mauser#m/1938_Short_Rifle
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/6.5×55mm_Swedish
milsurps.com/content.php?r=280-1899-M38B-(M96-38)-Swedish-Mauser-Short-Rifle
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

(Never posted on K before, completely new.)

Welcome. Can you post all of the markings on it in clear detail? I won't make any assumptions but it appears to be a Mauser type rifle.

There are some numbers but I don’t want them public. Call me paranoid >.>

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024 848.48 KB, 1.17M)

GTFO NEW FAG AND NEW FAG ENABLER.

Anything indicating caliber? May be "Cal: "

Eat a dick. This isn't half Chan and we don't need your cuckold ways here.

Oh there is this, i think it is an m38.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1010.85K)

Swedish Mauser
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Mauser#m/1938_Short_Rifle

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/6.5×55mm_Swedish

Ammo isn't hard to find online at all.

You seem like the one who needs to go because of the retarded way you use the word cuckold and is stupid enough to sage the thread you were bumping. Kys.

Thanks, i was actually reading about it a bit. Would the higher grain damage the chamber? Is there a way to get ammunition specifically designed for this old firearm?

Nice rifle OP. Where'd you get it?

>>>/cuckchan/
At least provided something of use in this thread so far.

Nice dubs. Reading up on it a bit more, it seems mostly carl made. It was gained from an old friend. He is older now so I liked it and want to fix it up.

May or may not take it to a gunsmith to fix it up more

I also found this
milsurps.com/content.php?r=280-1899-M38B-(M96-38)-Swedish-Mauser-Short-Rifle

Very good question OP. Typically modern ammo through older firearms is a problem for semi-automatics or weapons with questionable metallurgy. Seeing as this is a rifle chambered for a somewhat unique and niche caliber, it can be assumed that the ammunition won't damage the rifle. Research this on your own, of course. Not many people here have experience specifically with M38's, nor the 6.5 cartridge they use. Typically when a cartridge is referring to grain, it means the weight of the projectile rather than powder load. 124gr 7.62x39, 55gr 5.56x45, 85gr 7.62x25 Tokarev, all refer to the projectile weight. Normally you'd pick you grain based on how you'll use it, hunting recreation etc. Try out a few different loads and see which one performs best for you.

If its previous owner had it zeroed with a specific weight of ammo try that first, if you know already good if not assume the mil standard, for 6.5 Sweed this is 140 gr IIRC. Make sure to give it a light oil coat if it does not have one, I prefer ballistol for my rifles. For the sake of the board do not modify that rifle in any way that permanently disfigures it- your rifle, your choices but most interested I would imagine in buying it off you or if you pass it down would prefer it as much historically as it is useful

I will find out, thanks. I just didn’t want to damage it for no reason.

I plan on just cleaning it and refinishing it. Oils all over hahaha. Then probably keeping it maintained and well used and then turned to a hand me down. Hence going to a gunsmith to have it perfectly checked.

I think I will make sure it is zeroed to 100 m. It is a very nice carbine and something I intend to use hunting, for fun, and self defense in my house. It is a perfect weapon in my opinion.

lurk moar, goddamn it's not that hard you idiot. Also, why didn't you just fucking google the stamping's that were on the weapon?

Go shitpost on halfchan instead Zig Forumsid

why don't you?

Nice rifle, I don't have much experiance with Swedish mausers in particular but from other rifles from that era along with rifles based on that action that I have experience with, I would say you are safe to run whatever 6.5 Swedish you find through it. The Mauser action is wekk known for its strength and everything aside from ridiculously hot/overloaded handloads should run with no problem in your rifle.

NYET
RIFLE IS FINE

Seriously, the best thing you can do is leave it the fuck alone. Do the basic maintenance, keep it clean and oiled, but don't go fucking it up trying to "fix" it when you don't know what you're doing.
6.5 Swede is an excellent and capable cartridge, all of the modern 6.5 meme cartridges are basically ballistic copies of this but tailored for a different platform.

Also, lurk two years before posting, faggot.

I wasn’t looking to fix it lol. I just was thinking of getting it calibrated by a proper gunsmith to check the bore condition and using oils and very fine steel wool to remove the rust, then take the wood off and sand it and re-finish it, clean all the parts, then re-assemble and take it for an inspection. Not sure if I will even disassemble it. I’ll see. I just want it super clean and well maintained. But at least now I know, if I ever want to give you all a heart attack, I’ll post myself sawing it in half and messing with it and curving the barrel to give the bullets more ‘spin’ or using high abrasives inside the barrel rather than soft brass or cotton xD

We're afriad of you doing shit like the pictures below in the name of "improving" the rifle. Absolutely dastardly.

Attached: Tactical-enfield-bubba.jpg (800x600 15.94 KB, 62.56K)