Apocalypse-ready, and retard-proof guns

Assuming you could only have 1 model of hand gun, 1 model of shotgun, and 1 model of rifle/carbine, for you and your group to use. What would they be?
I would probably go with the raging judge magnum for the handgun, the Stoeger Coach Gun for the shotgun, and an M1 Carbine as the rifle/carbine.
Remember this isn't just what YOU will be using, but also what the normies in your GROUP will be using.
99% of everything the group does will involve the handgun and shotgun, with us only breaking out the m1s if we really need to.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (738x640 1.26 MB, 186.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Other-Losses-Investigation-Prisoners-Americans/dp/0889226652
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why a magnum?

I chose that gun specifically because it has lots of adapters for different types of ammunition. which makes scavenging for ammo much easier.
Even without adapters it can chamber 45 colt, 410 shotgun shells, and 454 casull. WITH adapters it can shoot anything from a 9mm to a .22 if you wanted. Admittedly it's FAR from perfect since the barrel isn't meant for that, but when it's SHTF more options is always better than fewer options.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (500x375, 201.33K)

I should clarify, that just my idea for my group, and isn't a condition for the build. If you want to focus on your rifle/carbine and leave the other two at home, you can.

Basically TL;DR bigger chambers can hold smaller cartridges, but smaller chambers can't hold bigger cartridges.
Also you didn't post your build faggot ;)

Attached: make a militia.jpg (954x642, 156.16K)

For rifle you should use the rifle your military uses for conscription. In my case, the G3A3 or G3A4. Everyone over the age of 25 has been in the military and learned how to use it, fire it and clean it. Unless they are leftist politicians who all avoided conscription.
For shotgun I would take a Mossberg 590. Any retard can use it. For handguns my obvious choice would be either a CZ 75 or 97. Easy to use and lots of ammo. User must an absolute retard to make these things jam on him.

Attached: G3A4.jpg (1600x1063, 162.63K)

First mistake is buying guns in your collection for others to use. Anyone else I know and value already has their own weapons.
Now for a hypothetical situation where I start out with nothing, I can knock it down to two weapons.

Slugs are capable of 3 MOA with good loads and a foot's worth of drop at 200 yards. Fine by me. Can also be used for birds and small game.
Big iron with flexibility. You can shoot 45 long colt in it. You can also load stiff handloads and punch meat-trains end to end.

Since we did knock it down to two weapons, we don't need to have either of these outside of arms reach. If you don't care about hunting birds, you could even just get the revolver and fit stair-step sights on it and learn where your ammo shoots, and be a good judge of distance. The important thing here is that for both weapons it can be incredibly cheap and easy to reload, and you can cast bullets for both of them- 10 pounds of the fastest shotgun powder you can find will last you a long time for both guns, though you may want some w296 if you need to make some top end loads for your revolver.

Glock 17/19 and AR15/AKM variant.

Done deal.

For shotgun, Mossberg 590 or if I fancy it a Vepr 12.

Those are good guns when it comes to strictly shooting, but what about maintenance? Repairs? These guns have to last the apocalypse guys. admittedly some of those were still pretty good given those parameters but let's keep the conversation going.

These guns are the most popular models world-wide, you can assume that you can stumble upon them in a gun store or any police station/military base.

How? Why aren't they mocked for it?

Those things are high maintenance as fuck and they use a proprietary cartridge.

Money and connections
Oh they are. Everybody knows they're cowards and traitors.

God bless you wogs, I hope to one day liberate Constantinople with you.

Soon famalam

Attached: ZSr8V0Q.jpg (1024x683 51.71 KB, 363.35K)

Revolvers are not retard safe.
Threadly reminder to not let retards handle revolvers. They might ruin a perfectly fine gun with blood stains.

G3 has no moving parts besides the bolt/bolt carrier and trigger assembly.
The main problem would be the way it mangles brass if you want to reload. But 7.62 is still stockpiled in large amounts over here, so it wouldn't be that hard to find new ammo.

Also: G3ZF forever.

Attached: sealing.jpg (900x565, 71.12K)

what a qt

Yeah. I love petite girls.

Attached: petite.png (1380x933, 815.93K)

Why is the Leo1 so sexy?
What tank would you take for a SHTF scenario?

Attached: getting comfy under a blanket weather.JPEG (3670x2425 781.33 KB, 1.86M)

Walker Bulldog. Not really any particular reason, but is sturdy enough to still be used, has early cold war aesthetic, relatively speedy little bastard and I think is just an undersung tank that never got its chance to be a classic. I really like the Patton too, but something about the light tank appeals to me. I think its early enough to be fairly utilitarian too, and based on production history it there's a ton of surplus and active use in Asia and South America. Apparently bad on fuel consumption and not perfect(also too heavy to transport via air despite its purpose), but I always have liked it.

Attached: M41_Walker_Bulldog_at_Overton_2.jpg (2400x1600, 582.48K)

I love the G3, have a PTR-91, can say if a group is equipped with them they better not have short arms, small biceps, or be left handed because any one of those three will fuck them over, I have a friend who meets two of the criteria and it really doesn't work for him

That looks like a rather cramped turret. I am sure it would be all cozy and warm up in there.
Also: M42 (while not an MBT) looks cute. I want to put cat ears and a tail on it, just so I can call it a honorable member of the German wildcat zoo. It could pretend to be Gepard's little brother.

Lefties can kind of pull it off if they do it kind of like the tilting AK reload coupled with the push forward pistol slide racking.
Take out the magazine, rotate the gun by 90° clockwise, pull the gun back until your right hand can grab the charging handle, push forward using your left and pull rearward using your right, lock it, rotate by 90° counter-clockwise (back into proper orientation), insert magazine, rotate by 90° clockwise, slap the handle, rotate back into shooting position.
It's rather uncomfortable, but it can be done. Very useful for when you have to shoot around a corner and don't want to switch shoulder for reloading.

Attached: Psssht I think she heard a plane.jpg (960x720 109.25 KB, 65.59K)

True Germans truly did get wiped out in 1945, didn't they? Would you dare say that in front of those men and not feel any shame?

Attached: b3e8767178bbd719ebbc2b7acecddaef.jpg (948x794 57.18 KB, 102.1K)

Around 1 million German soldiers were murdered by Americans directly after ww2:

amazon.com/Other-Losses-Investigation-Prisoners-Americans/dp/0889226652

Attached: he mad.jpg (1024x677, 371.52K)

Attached: he mad.jpg (1024x677, 387.52K)

I'm pretty sure they thought cats were cute, too.

True Germans know how to have a sense of humor and have fun with it.

Mostly realistic SHTF (few months to a year or so) guns were answered already. But if it's some kind of dead earth disaster with some kind of "the only gun's you'll ever see from now on are the ones you have buried" thing going on.
Hopefully a quality piece like an NEF. Ammo is fairly easy to load with limited tools and shotguns can do anything your load can do
Black powder is fairly easily made along with the ammo. Unfortunately it requires a bit of maintenance to not rust.
A black powder revolver is a lot of firepower (in comparison) but it will wear out and require knowledge and tools to repair or remake parts for it. I think a better choice would be either a cut down shotgun or single shot black powder pistol, both will be kept as a backup only to be used in hold out or trayvon martin situations as the pistols will have limited use outside of these (but they're definitely the right tool for these situations).

The rest of the faggots can have pipe shotguns since they're such lazy niggers they couldn't even get to the minimum level of preparedness an American should be at by 18 years of age. Also I'm not helping them make it I'll just point to some pipes whenever I see some and would tell them specifically to make a "gun" only to get confused looks in my experience people who don't own or know dick about guns, also don't know dick about basic survival skills as they're too comfortable with fruit loops and TV despite living in an area that gets regular natural disasters and constant reminders of such.

Attached: 9e0ffc6ac015374e6564ebdbc1872e9b1dfab9a5806a97a0a68dd5a786f7ecf5.jpg (1022x1200, 407.33K)

Honestly,
Mossberg 500
Glock 17
pretty much any Mauser-pattern bolt-action rifle in .308

These are pretty simple guns to operate. Retards can learn to operate a pump action, rack a slide, or work a bolt - the problem is, you can't risk allowing them to take them apart for maintenance. That's where these guns shine: they'll run for quite some time with nothing more than a brush down the bore every once in a while, and you can have your army of retards turn them in for a more thorough inspection and cleaning periodically (which is also pretty easy.)

If you're relying on these guns to get a group through the apocalypse, you'll need a bunch of spare parts. Luckily, there is no shortage of spare parts for these (depending on which bolt-action rifle you get.)

If you're equipping a large group, cost-effectiveness is also a priority. These guns are pretty much top-tier in that regard. Going with more exotic calibers would significantly increase the cost of training (which retards need a lot of.)

S-soon, heh hehA-any time now, heh heh

Attached: chen_hmm.png (228x239, 13.17K)

I'd argue that revolvers are retard-proof, but retards aren't revolver-proof

This is why the first premise of the thread is flawed- you should never be buying guns "for the group". You may as well open up your safe to any friendly face and let them pick what they will for free. What works more effectively for standardizing a group is being a reloader amongst a group of people that don't want to, or don't have the same machinery that you do, and having them trade with you in the same way they would in civilized times. the end goal of any shtf situation is never to ride it out and hope for a return to the normal given by others, but to form a new society formed by consent and contract, trading value for value from you and those you value company around

Revolvers are not completely idiot proof. You can get a squib load like anything else and damage the barrel, or jam up the cylinder, or get someone who thinks fanning a hammer is a good idea, or loads high primers into a gun and tries to force it to work, or get inside the action without a clue how any of it works and leave yourself a pile of parts.

For the man who intends on it eating ammunition loaded by someone with know how, and cleans it occasionally and not tampering beyond his knowledge, any gun that fits his purpose will serve him. The biggest advantage that both revolvers and pump/break shotguns offer is flexibility- there are few guns out there that can truely claim to fire whatever ammunition you put through without an adjustment of the gas system. A revolver will happily fire three loads of top notch .357 and tear through a ballistic gel block, and then fire three mouse-fart 38s that barely punch 8 inches. A shotgun is much the same given the enormous artistic austistic freedom you get with a large weight shotcup- make the weight of the thing in the shotcup match the powder charge and inside diameter, and it WILL go bang, whether that's slugs, buckshot, toy cars, bouncy balls, dildos, onaholes or pictures of merkel.

Good point about jamming up the cylinder. I just posted in another thread about my L-frame's ejector rod walking out and locking me up while firing hotter loads. Ooh, and don't forget hang-fires. Rare, but potentially catastrophic in a revolver. These are two things that could fuck up even a non-idiot's day in a combat situation.

The versatility of the revolver is laudable, and certainly makes it a stand-out choice for a survival situation for people like us… but I stand by my recommendation of a Glock for the Idiot Brigade.

HAHAHAHA

Attached: 1531747825.jpg (225x225, 9.42K)

I have a black powder revolver, I'd say is pretty idiot proof. I've got a super cheap single-shot shotgun, but I might go for my semi auto shotgun instead. Kind of depends. Single shot has more versatility in ammo, but the semi auto is more reliable and has a full range of chokes.
As to rifle, I'm going to say my AR, since ammo's fairly common, capacity is good, and it's pretty easy to work with.

The BP pistols would be pretty shit for normie use, but, when you do figure out the basics, it's easy enough, and it works simply when it is loaded, so I'm thinking it'll be good enough, and I definitely want something muzzleloaded like that for easy ammo. Especially since I have a fuckton of caps for the thing, so it's literally just powder and ball I'd need.

Best German joke I've heard:

Attached: laughing best boi.jpg (608x402, 25.43K)

What does it say about me if I think that cat features on other things is cute. But I hate actual cats?