Everyday boots

What's a good pair of boots that are good for everyday needs but look good too aka not a sneaker boot. I travel between states and often stop and think "man if something went down I am not dressed for the occasion"
Tl;dr a good pair of boots for the grey man/ prepper that doesn't want to wear tactical boots
Pic semi related

Attached: 1536419061441m.jpg (1024x913, 117.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=service boots
redwingheritage.com/us/USD/mens-footwear)
thorogoodusa.com/)
solovairdirect.com/
varusteleka.fi/fi/product/salomon-quest-4d-gtx-forces/60094
thorogoodusa.com/product/814-4178/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Look into work boots.
Do you want to blend in as a greyman or is this some gucci grey man? You don't want to look like a hobo I get it, so just look at non bling workboots that comes in plain brown, tan or black.
I've ran in steel toes fine.

I like Vasque's St. Elias boots as a camping/erry day kind of boot. Should look fine with jeans imo, but I'm no /fa/g.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1920x1440, 2.46M)

We got some very nice off-road running shoes in the mil.
I had to google what they are actually called, but they appear to be "Terrex Tracerocker_GTX" shoes. Really sturdy sole. They are not too wide so you constantly stumble over things, and not too narrow so you can't keep balanced. They work very well, and I have used them as my normal every day shoes ever since.
They aren't waterproof or anything, but they get you from A to B, and can handle a very rough beating.

Every time it rains or I want to go a longer distance, or it's cold outside I just get out my old mil-boots. Proper full boots. Waterproof up to the top, sturdy as fuck. Can break a man's ribs and jaw no problem. Fire and oil resistant. Who gives a shit about what other people think about your shoes?

Attached: TERREX_Tracerocker_GTX_Schuh_schwarz_CM7593_01_standard.jpg (840x840, 18.42K)

Pic rel

Attached: cb372002f35ff644508002117b3cead0.jpg (800x600, 69.48K)

Look into red wings or doc martens, pricey sure, but they're durable and look good. Or just get some milsurp jungle/jump/combat boots like what they used in the gulf era, once you get them worn in they're comfy (at least for me) and after you get used to the weight running isn't difficult.

Not Gucci grey man but not trying to be the guy wearing jungle boots all the time.

Boots'n'Pants looks rad though.
You just have to either shine them every single day, or never ever clean them.
Anything inbetween is a sin against the way god intended boots to be worn and only faggots don't shine their boots.

Attached: serveimage3.jpeg (236x354 4.56 MB, 13.36K)

Alright, then avoid the obvious camo style or anything too military looking. From what I've seen and experienced. If you look like a general laborer type or contractor, most people would not give you a second glance. Obviously avoid looking like a goddamn hipster from Portland who wears workplaid for 'teh irony'. Unless that is what 90% of your crowd looks like, then I suggest getting the fuck out of there asap.

lmgtfy.com/?q=service boots

Am I wrong to think that looks aesthetic as fuck, stupid baggy pants notwithstanding?

Those boots are nice, a friend of mine in college wore the style all the time.

That said, , I wear pic related pretty much all the time except when going somewhere nice(or when I wear shorts). They are uninsulated, relatively light and have a comfortable sole. A little pricey maybe, but so is all of Chippewa and Redwing and etc. You might have luck with Dr. Martenns too, I hate the company for being pozzed though and being the uniform of angry hipster lesbians and fat Portland soy boys.
Anyway they're Chippewa Apaches if you are looking into them.

Attached: image_91818.jpg (400x400, 13.03K)

Some Merrells®

Really? Interestingly enough here in Poland they were mostly associated with skinheads in the late '90 early '00.

Oh sure, absolutely they were. Brits used to wear them in the 70s(punks and right wing subcultures), same as USA. But now, they print rainbows on them and extoll the virtues of homosexuals parading through San Francisco. Pic Related.

Also, Strelok(s), what exactly is the name of that style of boot with the ankle guard? My friend never knew and I could never find out.

Attached: 23330102.jpg (1272x1064, 675.32K)

I have a pair of Red Wing composite toe boots that I wear everyday for work and whenever I ride my motorcycle. They're waterproof and comfortable enough to walk or stand in all day and they blend in well as normal work boots (because they are) but I've never tried running in them.

Attached: RW00436C_MUL_N1_1114.jpeg (640x640, 46.57K)

Only men among men need apply. Put some jeans or slacks over these and they look like dress boots, wear them with shorts and you look like a hiker or a metalhead. Functionally they're basically modernised jungle boots, but with less autism than milsurp. Extremely comfy, great ankle support, fantastic tread, waterproof. And they sound good on solid floors.

Attached: Panther-SZ-800x800.jpg (800x800, 312.03K)

Like that fifth picture in post, the buckled bit? They're pattered off of WW2 Combat Service boots. I know the French used the pattern for some time.

This is what I wear
steel toe
anti-slip sole
wide enough for my big ass feet
look like normal shoes for the most part

Not really a boot, but it works

Attached: 613DuwQCM L._SY395_.jpg (395x395, 11.41K)

Canvas version wears out pretty quickly, but the leather are a bit more long lasting.

Attached: palladium.png (2000x1500, 1.75M)

You can wear any kind of boot if you wear plaid and jeans. You'll look like a construction worker/farmer/redneck. It's not a bad thing either, if you wear quality clothing that is clean, you won't be noticed by anybody but city fags and women, if you look nice enough. It ain't called knockin' boots for nothin', partner, you may even get yourself a lil' missus operator. Jokes aside, unless you're a buck fifty or smaller, nobody would notice you wearing jeans, plaid, and a pair of Redwings, Timberlands, or Carolinas and think anything of it.

Attached: j (1)

A leaf would post a boot that looks as metrosexual as that one does.

My go to shoes for casual wear and work

Merrel MOAB
If you want something you can run in, these or something similar might be a good bet. I don't wear jeans, but I think they look presentable with khaki, olive, or grey work pants.
Asolo Valley
Great ankle height hiking boot. As far as fashion goes, same as above, depending on which color scheme.
Austrian meme boots
They can be polished up to go with just about anything, so long as your pants cover the upper. Otherwise you look like a total autist. I wear these for my retail job, where I spend the better part of my shift standing. Took some breaking in to become wearable, but at this point they aren't bad.
Red Wing 2406
I wear these daily for machine shop training. Very easy on the feet, very well constructed. Red leather goes with jeans pretty well. Definitely doesn't stick out like black tactishit with tons of zips and shit on it.

All of these are expensive (except for the meme boots), but shoes aren't something to cheap out on. The first two I listed were bought by my mother three and four years ago, which speaks to their quality, seeing as they are still in great shape.

Doc Martens are now outsourced. The same style can now be procured from Solovair which is the same company that previously made Doc Martens before the outsourcing. Red Wing has made in USA boots (redwingheritage.com/us/USD/mens-footwear) that are good quality as does thorogood (thorogoodusa.com/)

solovairdirect.com/

Salomon 4D Quest DGX's are pretty fucking great. I use them everyday, basically everywhere I go. I have a dog that I generally walk for 2 to 4 hours per day, you can run with these with no issues whatsoever for 8 kilometers at least. For longer marches or hikes you've got to remember to take enough dry socks with you and keep changing them regularly, otherwise your feet are going to be fucked. But then again, if you walk with wet socks long enough, your feet are going to get rekt anyways no matter what boots or shoes you are using.

varusteleka.fi/fi/product/salomon-quest-4d-gtx-forces/60094
I'd wager you can get these for cheaper from amazon or somewhere.

Wow, those look great. Also happy to support my distant Anglo-Saxon brothers. Really great that they make them in England.

Yes that was the pattern I was looking at. I was wondering if there was a specific name for that ankle guard, but I suppose I can do some research. Maybe "service boot with ankle guard" or something. They are very nice looking.

Whats wrong with? Its comfy and cheap.

Absolutely disgusting

If you're trying to make me mad it's not going to work, I already ordered them online.

Bullboxer makes high quality casual boots which last ages. They are made in Europe as well.

Attached: Batali18wSULO_Grey_1.jpg (529x450, 31.37K)

Pic related are legit the best boots I've ever worn. Comfy, sturdy, weatherproof, breathable, ift real good for clown feet people, and they come in FDE green. Already done 200km in then and still holding up.

Attached: MRLM-J12321-042717-S18-HERO.png (584x484, 377.37K)

Been wearing a pair of Danner lights for over a year now and they’re amazing. Take the wool sock pill and you’re good in water up to ankle height and also don’t look like you just got back from ‘nam. I recommend a pair of winter weight socks made by Darn Tough.

Attached: 10DF008A-E60A-4000-9BEB-E534AEA2107C.jpeg (900x900, 178.3K)

Im looking for some 8 inch high top work boots, its for hiking and waterproofing would be good.
I also found that insulation doesn't really do anything in the winter except make your feet sweat more in the summer.

thorogoodusa.com/product/814-4178/ just one example, properly made welted boots should be waterproof but you can make doubly sure of that if you apply sno-seal or huberds shoe grease or similar dubbing (waxy shit that prevents water ingress).

For shame
Check
Check
Ehh, pleather might stand up to water better than leather but I water proof mine regularly thought and I’ve worn them plenty in snow, to no issue. Though my pair has a soft leather outsole which gets slippery on ice, you can get ones with track.
Literally the combo

Just a random pair I found on google.

Attached: ED9EC815-063A-4143-AE96-6B9C3359F86D.jpeg (400x400, 20.26K)

Merrells are quality hiking boots, no wonder the Green Berets wear them.

Attached: Phil_swift.png (681x630, 119.74K)

Only thing I might say is that fitting western boots can be a challenge. I tried on double digit numbers of pairs before sizing down a size and a half to have a pair that fit.

You could say that for any type of shoe. Or clothes for that matter. Most of my shoes are the same size but some fit better a size smaller or bigger, and most of my pants vary + or - 2 inches for waist size but all fit well. Obviously you’ll want to try them on first to find something that feels right regardless of size number.