Thank you guys

I was Chrismated today into the Orthodox Church.
I haven't been on this site in a long time, but I wanted to come back and thank the Orthodox members for not only introducing me to the Faith but also demonstrating it in an environment where it's very easy not to.

May God bless everyone on this site and may He enlighten with the light of His knowledge those who have left the Orthodox faith and have been blinded by pernicious heresies reuniting them to His Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church ☦

Attached: ic-an160-icon-holy-royal-martyrs-russia.jpg (500x625, 173.08K)

Congratulations and many years!

Welcome home!

Attached: 175be69a4593bb2ea44f74e522338b31f4c1e915af87f20ebe3c4259de0272df.jpg (1024x609, 63.36K)

wut

Welcome back :D

Attached: 16b559d4bfc558ccef91c89670f65e3242d7ce8d0d8fae80ca87e93b5ff85f6f.jpg (500x665, 65.39K)

Like OP, I can't wait to join.

Thanks OP! I hope you are saved eventually. Keep reading the Bible and follow it even if doing so brings you out of your current church.

Attached: giphy.gif (387x248, 1.62M)

Welcome home!

Attached: paul_on_the_road_icon.jpg (428x517, 24.81K)

And if one should ask one of the heretics who gives this advice, How do you prove? What ground have you, for saying, that I ought to cast away the universal and ancient faith of the catholic Church? He has the answer ready, For it is written; and immediately he produces a thousand testimonies, a thousand examples, a thousand authorities from the Law, from the Psalms, from the apostles, from the Prophets, by means of which, interpreted on a new and wrong principle, the unhappy soul may be precipitated from the height of catholic truth to the lowest abyss of heresy.
- St. Vincent of Lerins

I couldn't agree more. We must remain loyal to the universal church attested to in the Bible (from the Law, from the Psalms, from the apostles, from the Prophets), and flee from novel heresies like Romanism and Eastern Heterodoxy.

Glory to God.

Attached: triumph.jpg (1321x1082, 210.97K)

многая лета!

Attached: e392511332f0c9764108c0b15529a54aaf554951c0fab8baf11979f0ec4e57ef.jpg (1000x869 156.45 KB, 461.05K)

o k

I am to be Chrismated on Holy Saturday, I can't wait! God bless you brother

God bless you guys and keep you healthy for many years. Kyrie eleison!

Attached: Archimandrite Serfim - Our Father Prayer (Aramaic) 2016.mp4 (640x360, 14.8M)

This is wonderful news OP, congratulations! I'm a catechumen now, so I'll be joining the Church soon. Same to you, congratulations as well!
To all the converted Orthodox in this thread, how did you know you were ready to be Chrismated? My priest seems to want me to do it soon, but I'm unsure, there's much that I don't understand yet.

Childrens are chrismated very young and they don't understand everything. You marry a woman and you will never know her completely. Don't worry. Do you love God? Do you have faith? Do you hunger for the body of Christ?

Where are you from and how did you come about the Orthodox church? I'm curious if you had a Christian upbringing and why you chose Eastern Orthodox. Thanks in advance and God bless!

I hadn't thought of it in this way. I do love God and have faith, I hunger greatly for Christ's body, so I think I must be on the right path then. Thank you user!

Welcome to the church, brother.

congratulations

Nice bait heretic. Shouldn't you be getting people on trailers to send you money because Jesus wants you to have your predestined Lambo or something?

Wut? How is the NKVD stipend and cigarette smuggling business? Does Kirill let you suntan in the buff on one of his yachts?