How can I get myself some education on how to do behave in a firefight in urban environment where I'm one of the guys...

How can I get myself some education on how to do behave in a firefight in urban environment where I'm one of the guys shooting?
Sure, look for cover that can stop bullets, aim correctly instead of dumping the mag in 2 seconds but don't shoot like I'm target practicing so there is at least minimal suppression.

But I still want to improve my skills. What else can I do?

Attached: 140324872555.jpg (600x525, 30.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rulit.me/books/concrete-hell-urban-warfare-from-stalingrad-to-iraq-read-352007-1.html
balagan.info/academy-of-street-fighting-tactics-during-the-battle-of-stalingrad
oocities.org/Pentagon/6453/chechnyaA.html
hsdl.org/?view&did=461598
afcea.org/content/training-not-technology-key-urban-warfare
twitter.com/AnonBabble

in an urban*

If the walls allow it then always pie around corners. When you enter a room ideally don't breach into it but clear it from the door. If you truly want to inform yourself about it then look up the following:
One of the bloodiest urban battles in modern time. It shows perfectly what you should and should not do in urban combat.
The US military took a lot of casualties and it is even more recent. The supposedly best army in the world with the most "advanced" war doctrine struggled against insurgents.
See in first person how people do the right things or get killed in urban environment.

Irrelevant for self defense
You can watch all the GoPro videos you want, and you can read all the studies you want, but at the end of the day the only thing that will help you in real war is experience.

Thanks.
I'll watch some more of those.

Yes, but training and instruction matter too.
There is no point on experiencing war if you don't know what to do.

Well sure, if you can find yourself a guerrilla or urban warfare training camp by all means, that'll help.

If it makes every military struggle it is noteworthy. Fallujah is just a prominent example. Urban combat doesn't give the defenders some magic aura where they deal 35% increased damage against infantry and 55% against armor.

Urban combat is far different from open field mid-range combat where in can duck in cover and shoot someone that is 400 meters away
Urban warfare is usually fought within close quarters and on streets that are no more than 15 meters wide.

Isn't Brazil pretty much a massive urban warfare training camp?

Attached: download (1)

When you cross the street have covering fire and get a starting run before going into the open so you're already at full speed. Use murder holes in buildings to your advantage. Instead of putting yourself in a window and looking out a murder hole is basically a small hole dug in the wall that you can see out of but if someone was watching you they wouldn't see you unless they had a high powered optic and just happened to be looking at some small hole in a building. If you are moving through a street make sure to be constantly scanning windows. Don't just look at one for five seconds and say 'clear' and have your team move through only to get shot in the back because the guy was hiding. Everyone with you should be scanning like this.

Attached: Syria murder hole.jpg (2048x1365, 385.06K)

Join BOPE

I'm gonna get laughed at, but airsoft, as long as it's in an urban map

Forgot to say before, but clear your house every night, get used to peeking around corners and moving fast, but not making much noise
You should also learn to reload, not just in the perfect range shooting stance, but also lying down, crouching, leaning, etc
And if you have contacts, try joining a training course for security guards, just give them 200 pila and they'll teach you

Didn't mention it but kill holes have to be cone shaped, with the big end facing you,and should have some sort of metal reinforcement

Attached: images.jpg (291x173, 8.42K)

That picture is exactly how not do to do or use a spider hole.
You shoot from inside the building out through the hole, poking your gun out will instantly reveal your position to everyone.

Antiquity, you say? THAT's why all those empires kept whole nations enthrall for centuries upon centuries, because those nations were so good at using their local terrain to lose every war of insurrection. Good to know. Did they teach you that in indoctrination camp?

Back in the day they were called loopholes. Guess everything has to change names.

Is right. Join the military police and learn from those in the field.

Armchair operator here, I got a question: Without numerical superiority, how can you possibly prevent flanking or ambushes?

In an urban setting, visibility is very low and there are many paths to each location. People can "pop out" less than 100 (if on streets between intact buildings) to less than 10 (if inside ruined buildings) yards. If your enemy is more numerous, they can easily flank you from behind or sides. Every new room is a potential ambush. And you have to deal with this repeatedly as you move room to room. All the strategies I can think of have major flaws:

One thing that has changed since the old days is superior communication and organization with technology. In the olden days it was hard to outflank someone with superior numbers simply because the lines of command got too long, next thing you know the whole army lacks cohesion. Plus not having reserves to take initiatitve, cover retreat, take up positions in the open lines, ect. Getting too thin. But, even with today's changes this old problem still exists.

How hard is it to coordinate whole armies? How hard is it to coordinate squads and sections into platoons in a heavy battle, then companies, then battalion, ect. Throwing mass armies at someone might work, then again you could be throwing them without proper organization and coordination against an enemy to little effect. Without that coordination you might have units push too far in and get cut off and overrun themselves, much less outflank the enemy. Are important units being squandered away from the main fighting or objectives, are they wandering around the far flank to no additional, or little gain? Are you spreading your forces too thin? is it better to focus on the weak points or important objectives rather than just bum rushing them with a horde? Do you have a numerical advantage, but not enough for horde stile storming?

With modern weapons and warfare, one needs a very large advantage in numbers to truly win by pure numbers. A smaller, but smarter, force can use the right fields of fire, support, tactics and general strategy to effectively cover multiple avenues of attack and make every approach miserable. You can "pop out" as you say from various locations to be shot at by the same squad or team from one good position. Sure, you can try to send so many men against so many attacking avenues to push him back or throw him from his position, but how brave are your attackers? Are they willing to get shot by a marksman or charge down a street into incoming fire from a machine gun as fodder so another squad from another avenue can make the advance?

Numbers are power, but they can easily be overcome.

Reality isn't a rock-paper-scissors game

For a more higher level look at urban warfare read this book-Concrete Hell Urban Warfare from Stalingrad to Iraq:
rulit.me/books/concrete-hell-urban-warfare-from-stalingrad-to-iraq-read-352007-1.html

Regarding Soviet lessons in urban warfare:
balagan.info/academy-of-street-fighting-tactics-during-the-battle-of-stalingrad

A vastly underappreciated aspect of urban warfare is use of explosives both in offense and defense. Also interestingly at infantry level the approach remains the same from Stalingrad to Fallujah approach unseen, violent assault and preference for night attacks.

Regarding Russian urban operations in Chechnya:
oocities.org/Pentagon/6453/chechnyaA.html

hsdl.org/?view&did=461598

The first link lists among other tactical lessons the importance of smoke and WP for screening movement which I quite surprisingly personally have not seen in any combat footage from Syria or Iraq (Daesh related although they have frequently attacked in the cover of sand storms).

Also just for the sake of its title alone
"Training, Not Technology, Is Key to Urban Warfare":
afcea.org/content/training-not-technology-key-urban-warfare

Funny thing is that in Fallujah there was a lot of veteran fighters from Nothern Caucasus (where Grozny happenings happened).

Play BR games.

Seriously?
Like what, Escape from Tarkov, PUBG? What about team-based stuff like Arma 3 or Squad?

You cant so you organize yourself to take the inevitable ambush with least casualties.