Why catholicism is so literal?

Why catholicism is so literal?

Attached: s.jpg (650x489, 120.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

creation.com/
ewtn.com/library/COUNCILS/TRENT6.HTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think absolutist is a more accurate description and goes for western views in general.

It married itself to rationalism.

Because it is the truth.

literally

It is? I thought that outside of the question of the Eucharist, Catholicism wasn’t particularly literalistic.

Because literalism (and extreme symbolism for that matter) are easiest for many.

/thread

Catholics stop being literalist at Genesis 1:1.

autistic legalism (pseudo jews). thank aquinas for that

dude catholics lmao

aristotelian autism + legalism

Attached: 1515039164047.gif (480x270, 536.6K)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Aquinas wasn't that smart.

Attached: 1511678327207.jpg (850x400, 66.14K)

Faith is a theological virtue given to us by God.
Pure belief in God is just right opinion, it is not faith. Demons have right opinion that Jesus is the Son that was crucified under Pontius Pilate, suffered death and was resurrected on the third day in accordance with the scriptures but they can't have faith, hope, and charity.

James 2:19-20

Attached: 1509553053907.jpg (645x729, 48.72K)

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (403x448, 62.94K)

Attached: 1520661684294.jpg (1218x1015, 212.15K)

Attached: images.png (168x299, 4.92K)

Attached: 1512329707246.jpg (699x919, 214.1K)

You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.
◄ James 2:24 ►
Yeah I know…let's remove some books from the Bible. Oh I am sorry…make them 'Apocryphal'

You're in a great company, Prots.

Attached: eee4bfe528b13f6c150444066948a02ec12618cfe87ce95cfedd2b108d0867d2.jpg (786x3099, 296.83K)

Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

James 2:18

It means that though you have faith and are saved, your work is not done.

You can also refer to

justification before man.

Ambiguity is for the devil.

The power of hubris. Astonishing. Every single time. When the Apostles and Jesus speak of "works", they talk about "works of the old law". That means that the do's and don't's of the law of Moses are now over.
What protestants imply is that Christ and the Apostles meant "faith only and you don't need to do anything else to be saved". Are you sure ? Are you sure that when Christ repeats over and over again to "go out, baptize, feed the poor, help the sick, evangelize everywhere, do exactly what I did or be thrown in the fiery pit" he really didn't mean it and everyone, INCLUDING THE APOSTLES THEMSELVES, got it wrong for 1500 years ? If you seriously believe this you might want to seek a psychiatrist bro.

I've personally never considered Catholics to be 'literal'. Sure, they are much more so than most Pentecostals (for example), but compared to what Orthodoxy I know and the Lutherans and Baptists I grew up with, they don't seem that literal. I could've only been exposed to Catholic heresy central though.

Last time I checked, Catholics aren't creationists who think the earth is 6,000 years old and filled with fake dinosaur fossils to test our faith.

I can't tell if you are a creationist or someone trying to take the piss out of creationists.

I'm taking the piss out of OP for calling Catholicism "so literal" when there are thousands of Protestant denominations who take everything single thing in the Bible literally, like creationists.

But they don't actually think fossils are "to test our faith". That's like saying "I once heard a college professor say the moon landing was a hoax, so obviously all professors believe that".
creation.com/

Ver. 8. Faith is the beginning, foundation, and root of justification, and the first of all other virtues, without which it is impossible to please God.
Ver. 9. Not of works, as of our own growth, or from ourselves: but as from the grace of God.
ewtn.com/library/COUNCILS/TRENT6.HTM

But there are. Watch Senus Fidelium.
And this is what happens when you throw out God-given reason away.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Then belive when he said at this very time: "unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God" and "whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him. “

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 3:22-24

Attached: 1510333553744.png (230x219, 7.41K)

Attached: 1287242753411.jpg (425x314, 13.33K)

You are quoting random verses and answer non. But I can keep going knowing that you are afraid of Truth.
First of all, start quotation properly:
20 Because by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified before him. For by the law is the knowledge of sin.
21 But now without the law the justice of God is made manifest, being witnessed by the law and the prophets.
22 Even the justice of God, by faith of Jesus Christ, unto all and upon all them that believe in him: for there is no distinction:
23 For all have sinned, and do need the glory of God.
24 Being justified freely by his grace, through the redemption, that is in Christ Jesus,
25 Whom God hath proposed to be a propitiation, through faith in his blood, to the shewing of his justice, for the remission of former sins,
26 Through the forbearance of God, for the shewing of his justice in this time; that he himself may be just, and the justifier of him, who is of the faith of Jesus Christ.
27 Where is then thy boasting? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.
28 For we account a man to be justified by faith, without the works of the law.
And now, what this means:
To the end of this chapter, the apostle shews that the Jews cannot be truly justified, and sanctified by the 'works of the written law of Moses only; that a knowledge of sin, or of what is sinful, came by the law, but if they did not comply with the precepts of the law, this knowledge made them more guilty.
Now, at the coming of Christ, the justice of God, that is, the justice by which he made others just, and justified them, cannot be had without faith in Christ, and by the grace of our Redeemer Jesus Christ, whom God hath proposed nto all, both Gentiles and Jews, as a sacrifice of propitiation for the sins of all mankind, by faith in his blood; by believing in him, who shed his blood and died for us on the cross. It is he alone, (v. 26.) that is the just one, and the justifier of all.
And as to this, there is no distinction. The Gentiles are justified and sanctified without the written law, and the Jews who have been under the law, cannot partake of the justice of God, that is, cannot be justified, sanctified, or saved, but by the faith and grace of Christ Jesus.
S. Paul does not pretend that the virtue of faith alone will justify and save a man; nothing can be more opposite to the doctrine of the gospel, and of the apostles in many places, as hath been observed, and will be shewn hereafter. He tells us in this chap. (v. 20. and 28.) that man is justified without the works of the written law: and he teaches us, that no works of the law of Moses, nor any works that a man does by the law of nature, are sufficient to justify a man, and save him of themselves, that is, unless they be joined with faith, and the grace of God. And when he seems to say, that men are justified or saved by faith, or by believing, as he says of Abraham in the next chapter, (v. 3. and 5.) he never says (as some both ancient and later heretics have pretended) that faith alone is sufficient. And besides by faith, he understands the Christian faith and doctrine of Christ, as opposite to the law of Moses, to circumcision, and the ceremonies of that law, as it evidently appears by the design of the apostle, both in this epistle and in that to the Galatians. He teaches us in this epistle (c. ii. 6.) that God will judge every man according to his works: (v. 13.) that "not the hearers of the law," but the doers, shall be justified. See also c. vi. He tells the Galatians (c. v, v. 6.) that the faith, by which they must be saved, must be a faith working by charity. He also tells the Corinthians (1. vii. 19.) that circumcision is nothing, nor uncircumcision, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
That though a man should have a faith, that so he could remove mountains, it would avail him nothing without charity. How often does he tell us that they who commit such and such sins, shall not inherit or possess the kingdom of God? Does not S. James tell us, that faith without good works is dead? See chap. ii.

Read James 2 and Romans 4
In James 2 Abraham is justified by works and in Romans 4 by faith, but notice Romans 4 says Abraham was justified in front of God but James 2 begins with brethren which means it's to the saved and it doesn't talk about justification through works in front of God but rather to Man.
As for Faith without works is dead, yes it is dead but they're saved, there is faith but it's dead in the eyes of humans. If you consider James 2 to be saved by works then you would contradict with romans 4, but if you consider James 2 to be justification through works to humans then it wouldn't contradict.

Attached: c84977188861a7d0ebbeeb6dfcf505a5625d5ad071fe4e2f61baa4b2721d121e.png (520x533, 285.6K)

What a non argument.

This pseudo argument is favorite thing that Luther did - making Scripture your whore. Let's crash it sentence by sentence.
It's ridiculous to say that it have anything to do with Justification. For Romans 4 starts with: "What shall we say then that Abraham hath found, who is our father according to the flesh." It's the same "saved brethren".
And this is just straight out lying. THis whole discours start with:
"What shall it profit, my brethren, if a man say he hath faith, but hath not works? Shall faith be able to save him'?"
It's talk about salvation, objective slavation.
"And the scripture was fulfilled, saying: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed to him to justice, and he was called the friend of God."
Was justice reputed to Abraham here (quoting Genesis) is according to man? Is friendship of God that Abraham had here (quoting Genesis) is accoridng to man?
O vain man, whay do you do t to yourself? Have you not read that "even as the body without the spirit is dead; 'so also faith without works is dead."? Is dead bodies (bodies not humans) dead according to man? Are they somewhat alive?
Or have you not read that "Thou believest that there is one God. Thou dost well: the devils also believe and tremble."? How can faith alone be salvific if Devils have the same faith as you?
O vain man, have you not read that " by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?" Have you not read that "In Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision: but faith that worketh by charity."?
Paul does not contradict James, not vice versa. For they BOTH say that by faith only man is NOT justified. Listen to Paul when he says that: "Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing: but the observance of the commandments of God" that "if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing" that "not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified" that "with the heart, we believe unto justice; but, with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation."
Listen to Psalmist o vain man: "Then Phinees stood up, and pacified him: and the slaughter ceased and it was reputed to him unto justice"

To the contrary, some Protestant denominations are more literal with their theological interpretations and Catholics, as far as I know, are literal to their own dogmas (not in a bad connotation) - which are extra-biblical but technically accepted to due that verse in Matthew.

I have no problems with my Catholic brothers in Christ despite being a Protestant myself.

Attached: 1435009840357.jpg (431x450, 69.99K)

Attached: turin.png (1292x8757, 3.91M)

Read Galatians

I wonder where this notion "commit a sin it is all right, no need to repent" came from?
Maybe from people who claim you do not need to follow commandment to be saved? That cannot be. Must be a coincidence.

Claiming 'we actually follow what the scripture says' then saying a verse does not count because it does not support sola fide. lol

This is my favorite part. This is where:
Just lol. Probably no point in arguing about this.

He's obviously not interested in the actual meaning. He wants to spout as many misrepresented verses as he's able to make it seem he's right.

Tfw you do not have a good argument so you just keep shitposting to look smart instead of replying to post that clearly proves you used a completely wrong verse to support your thesis.
Those images….projecting?