Is it ok to beat your wife?

Is it ok if your wife is disobeying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6gZym3o1jcY?t=26m32s
catholicnewslive.com/story/105462
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

No, what kind of a man would do such a thing

Its usually men who got beat by their father for existing and watched their mother go through the same thing. Break The cycle people.

But it's clearly an Orthodox practice as seen in the video above.

Women are situated somewhere between children and men and should be disciplined accordingly by their fathers and husbands.

Attached: athanasius.jpg (640x500, 123.5K)

Arrgggh… this one's hard.

I married a Christian wife. She would never do anything even remotely worthy of physical discipline. I also don't physically discipline my children, I have more efficient means for disciplining them.

At the same time, some parents royally screw up their kids. Imagine a bratty, self-centered bitch in her twenties that comes to God and wants to fix herself.

If her activities are bad enough, a little physical discipline might be the fastest way to get her back on track. It wouldn't be effective if she hadn't realized she needed it; it wouldn't be effective except for situations of hysteria or direct insubordination either- it'd just be to remind her physically of what she'd already agreed to.

In that very minor subset, only where it was discussed ahead of time, it could be beneficial. In all fairness, men have physically disciplined themselves this same way in militaristic situations for millenia. There are situations where direct disobedience to authority needs to be nipped in the bud - but if your woman doesn't recognize you as an authority, and if the law doesn't recognize your authority then trying to fix that BS with physical discipline is stupid and will just get you in jail.

God have mercy upon us.

I wouldn't say you should beat her per se, but a firm spanking may be in order from time to time if she misbehaves.

It is fine to do violence to no one, let alone someone you're supposed to love as Christ loves the Church.

There are only two possible reactions in the western world: large minority: she's disgusted and leaves you; slight majority: you've just encouraged that conduct so she can get more "naughty" punishment.

no

no

Nope. Jesus never did "disciplined" with physical violence, but with mercy, kindness, words, and sound doctrines to return others to the fold.

Someone doesn't remember the ass whipping he gave the money-changers in the temple.

He whipped them only because of his absolute indignity at them defiling the dwelling place of the Creator of everything that exists.
Fast forward to after Pentecost, and the Holy Spirit now dwells within human beings. The human body itself is now the temple of the almighty God. Can you really justify beating not only the creation God made for men, but inestimably more important, the holy dwelling place of our maker?
This is one of the reasons why we're commanded to love our neighbor as ourselves (i.e. loving others because we are all made the image of Christ).

And all this goes without even mentioning St. Paul's tract on how men should treat their wives in Ephesians.

I didn't say physical violence was usually appropriate, or even occasionally.

You said Jesus -never- disciplined with physical violence. I corrected you.

I think physical violence is an almost-never sort of punishment, but it's important to not take it off the table for extreme emergencies with deplorable circumstances.

I'm a different user than the one you were responding to, but I agree. Anger can be righteous or wrathful, and we can defend ourselves, help those in need, or stop people from hurting themselves to prevent evil.

Still, I believe very strongly that beating of wives is contrary to Scripture. The proverb about sparing the rod refers to children, not adult women.

I thought he only flipped the tables and scared the money-changers away. Anyway, I still say beating your wife is never right; but if she comes towards you with a deadly weapon with the intention of beating you or others for some reason then self-defence is up on the table in this case. Remember: defence, not beat-down.

Don't get a wife who needs beatings, problem solved

The proverb abour sparing the rod shows that this nonsense about never using violence is just that: nonsense.

So yes, under certain circumstances, using violence is needed, just as the husband may beed some beating for certain causes.

Some people understand reason, others understand physical disciplining only, like animals, that's the sad reality. So what is better, to beat your wife or to let her sin?
I agree that a man should never ever beat his wife for personal reasons, but if she has trespassed against God she must be made to understand one way or the other - everything else is uncharitable.

This.

Same. Never is a long time, though.

Beat? No. Physically correct? Absolutely. But if you have to make a habit of it, it is your failing, not hers.

Not to beat, it's too much. But correction your wife physically (slapping, spanking), is absolutely right.

Stop shilling youtube videos.

Spare the rod, spoil the wife.

Man, I really need to do honor to my Russian heritage.

Attached: 3b4448f6a5f584764b68ca41b57891d53619d7f87dc3f33e912c010bb024ae0b.png (260x312, 33.13K)

You might just be a pussy tbh fam, some (even non-criminal or dire acts) are certainly deserving of corporal punishment and I wouldn't exclude myself (in fact, there are many sins which I'm sure I would do better in abstaining from if I feared corporal punishment; not that this is the ideal motivation to not sin for a Christian, but that's just the truth).

It's the duty of the wife to obey even a meek and unmanly husband, to fail in that is absolutely her failing. That being said, proper stewardship of a wife is a skill that would help with that, but poor leadership does not excuse rebellion against a husband, any more than human weakness and confusion excuses rebellion against God.

Abusing your wife or children in any way, shape or form is sinful.

Yes. But not all physical discipline is abusive.

Not to the perpetrator perhaps.

Not to anyone two isn't an effeminate retard

Please don't hurt your wife and kids, cretin.

Not unless your wife is a child
Wait, what?

Vid related :^)

This is wrong, make some friends and get off the screen

Attached: 1519523737324.jpg (550x550, 78.44K)

Whoever spares the rod hates his child

Can someone situated between children and men be a surgeon? Before you make a smug reply, yes, women can and have

user, please read your Bible.

I don't see any reason why a child couldn't be a surgeon, except for the fact that by the time the child became proficient at it they would already have become an adult. Or a teenager at least.

Either way, it's irrelevant.

You best not be doing that intentionally, son.

Beating is a bit extreme in my opinion, but dang have I seen cases where I could not say that it was wrong for the man to beat his wife.

My advice: find a woman you won't have to beat in the future.

The rod can be used as a guide, as in, you put it to the side of the sheep to point the sheep in the right direction. It can also be used as a beat stick.

How do you know the verse isn't just suggesting to give your child firm guidance and not necessarily a beating? It's bad if you're wrong.

I agree, but if the firm guidance isn't adhered to, the rod is there for a reason, to push back. I still believe beating is wrong, but physical correction is not.
If you believe a beating is necessary, then you have failed in your job of shepherding. Anyone requiring a beating is likely lost, as no one learns from being beaten.

Physical as in spanking?

Yes but if it's come to that, both you and your wife have failed in something so you should reassess the relationship

Cross referencing with Psalm 22, no, that's the staff, the rod is for defence and offence (or in the Proverbs case phsyical discipline) see 26 min 32 sec in vid related

youtu.be/6gZym3o1jcY?t=26m32s

Sorry, I meant 23

Yes. Spanking can be used corrective. It can alter behavior. Beating, in my honest opinion, cannot.

This. polite sage for double post

The staff can also be used that way, though differently, but the rod is used to push them back in line as a group. The staff is usually used to hook a straggler or one that's gone too far away.

The rod is usable as a weapon or a guide, similar to the staff. They didn't only serve one purpose. My argument is still valid.

I posted it wrong. So here

A slap to restore discipline is OK I think if it is a excessive circumstance. Beating your wife to a pulp isn't though.

Sean Connery has the best explanation on the matter actually.

lmao I was watching Goldfinger last night and his approach always makes me smile, modern (((liberals))) would cry rape if he was still acting today

There I was thinking Orthodox were are bros.

Now I realise Protestants are our real bros.

-Catholic

Last time I checked surgery didn't require much upper body strength.

I'm not sure on either one there, but one works for the BBC and one doesn't.
Guess which I'm biased towards.

Attached: Cath-Bap.png (780x492, 197.26K)

About many things which I now have understanding of in this advanced society, yes. Example: mental illnesses

So doing the opposite of what they did won't destroy what they built?
What about mental illness were they so wrong about? Seems mental illness is far more common today than in the past. Say what you want about our ancestors but they built something that was pretty good, that allowed Christianity to spread widely, and they mostly lived in societies that were not controlled fully by Satan and his synagogue.

Not really. We just know what to call it now. Would you also apply leeches to rebalance the humors when someone has a headache because that's what they did in the past? Would you deny a cancer patient proper chemotherapy because they didn't have it in the past? Migraines existed, cancer existed, and mental illness existed. We just know how to properly treat it now.

You're talking about specific medical and technological advances, some of which represents actual progress. I'm talking about foundational principles, like the roles of men and women. What you called wrong above is not only correct, but Biblically sound.

Chris Rock said it best imo: "I'd never hit a woman. But I'll shake the sh*t out of one!"

Just try to marry one where that's not really a consideration OP.

>>>/islam/
She should be the second last one you harm, after your children.

Don't marry someone like that, if you do It's your fault.

I'd slap my woman if she ever went out of line… sorry, protestashits, but that is just the way it is for us Orthodox

we never were your "bros" to begin with, Cathofaggot

this guy gets it

*turns the other cheek*

Gavin McInnes says it's okay to hit a woman one time for every 12 times she hits you.

Gavin McInnes also shoves things up his ass and asks "how high?" when a jew asks him to jump.

It was a good line, that's all.

he's also catholic

Whoa there buddy, hang on a minute

He's as Catholic as Bergoglio IMHO.

At what point does "No True Catholic" become a fallacy?
catholicnewslive.com/story/105462

Somewhere between Gavin tongue-kissing MILO and Pope Francis.

It's okay no matter what, because women are naturally vile and vindictive creatures. Especially those who are unfaithful.

All are sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God. Being gay is NOT a more serious sin than being heterosexually promiscuous. Arguably less in these degenerate times - no chance of pregnancy, therefore no chance of abortion.

If you had your way we'd never had St. Jerome (as just one example of a gay man who became a priest off the top of my head).

You sound like you've got an issue with forgiveness, because you have a personal issue with homosexuality (beyond merely fleeing sin). Our personal disgust for the acts should have 0 effect on our attitude towards Gavin. Hate the sin not the sinner.

I don't know what you're basing this on. Repentant homosexual Christians are my brothers in Christ. My point was more that Gavin's celebration of sodomy with his shoving a foreign object up his rear end and making out with MILO has me doubting that he's repented from his Vice days. It's not for me to judge, but I sure am correct in pointing out his aberrant behavior and celebration of it.

To clear things up, I mean "Christians who are former homosexuals and have repented of their sin."

You know the Bible tells you to respect your mother right? Respect your parents, that includes your mother.
You just called your mother a vile and vindictive creature.

She is a communist and the old testament said to hate evil.

only in self-defense
beating her cause she burned the steak isn't kosher

Mark 3:35
Matthew 10:35
Matthew 23:9

Christ taught us to interpret "honor thy father and mother" as "honor fellow Christians." Honoring people because of the blood and not their relationship with God is pagan. How many times does Christ have to bring this point up?

Wrong board mohammed

Read the Book of Ephesians
Actually, go read the entire Bible

Attached: answers.jpg (2048x2048, 328.35K)

Please, stop trying to relate verses for the words they contain by completely taking them out of context and removing their actual meaning

Attached: 1520862110499.jpg (2544x4000, 865.36K)

Never let your daughter or sister marry an orthoholic.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (449x657, 142.05K)