Post your latest Zig Forums purchase and battle buddy's

A bubba'd moist nugget for $200 and 2 two wolf dogs, Patch, the grey one, and Duke, the white one.

Attached: IMG_20180818_201014.jpg (4160x781 4.09 MB, 801.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammo-sale/765x53-arg-ammo
palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-romeo3-1x25mm-3-moa-reflex-sight-with-high-rise-co-witness-mount-sor31099.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So uh, where's the barrel?

Attached: 1fdb3352621b05a8aa2da7cacb3e4bbc593bd10d08ef6a38e14d36fd4a4f6201.png (3624x3999, 1.9M)

She saved my arse from coons so many times.

Attached: ab65d8733e9ee418221f971596238ba60b7820620a52a039e33df73fff67b557.gif (500x333, 510.76K)

do you mean black people or racoons

It got bubba'd before I got to it. The scope is screwed right onto it, the barrel is cut right behind where the bayonet lug would be, and a good 3'd of the top wooden guard on the top got shattered and covered over by a brass plate, also screwed to it because fucking bubba didn't oil it to swell the wood, after he sanded it to quote on quote "get all the nasty bloodstains offa it"
At least the scope is a nice one, I bought it to get it outa his hands more then anything else.

Attached: IMG_20180928_205732.jpg (3120x4160 3.56 MB, 3.77M)

You got savagely ripped off

Check em

You moron.

The scope appears to be mounted to the barrel rather than the receiver. Could be a candidate for a rebarreling job, but only if you had the tools to do it yourself; probably not worth paying a gunsmith.

That's just like, your opinion man. Cheapest I could find online was 250 and that one was right there.

Attached: 47d63d7dfd207ccaa42ed4cbd90fc22ba5175477c46cb27dfe5d5a7b99b733aa.png (973x522, 813.77K)

There's this concept that involves saving money instead of spending all you have on something that's not good.

Well then what model of mosin should I buy then?

And why am I the only one posting guns and dogs anyways.

don't you have something better to do buddy

Doggos are too easily internet famous.

Abos, we don't have racoons here.

If you're serious about a Mosin and not just blinded by maymays formed ages before it turned into overpriced retard-baitthat you gobbled up like a good goy then you'll want a Finnish rifle such as an M39, which is the only good Mosin, or a carbine such as the M38, M44, or Type 53.

But for someone dumb enough to buy a butchered nugget with his life savings, I would have suggested something idiot-proof like a new production Savage or Ruger.

Bought a SMLE mkIII* from the gun show last week. According to the guy who sold it to me, he bought it from another guy who apparently restored it after receiving it from another guy who bubba'd it.

Attached: KIMG0683.JPG (4160x2340, 1.44M)

Mosins and Enfields are two rifles that the prices entered retard territory for some god forsaken reason the last few years. I get the Mosin supply dried up, but I'm seeing bare stock late date 91/30s going for $500 easy right now. An Enfield I would have paid $250 for five years ago can easily fetch $600 now. I don't get where the spike in demand came from. There haven't been any imported in years, .303 is getting harder and harder to get for a decent price, there haven't really been any big movies to feature them as the "cool" gun, there wasn't some new niche use they're good at that was discovered. Did some big collector's magazine run an article on them? Is it sixteen year old retards playing Battlefield 1 buying them up? Did the WWI centennial make a bunch of people think they're suddenly investment pieces?

I don't know. Gun prices are stupid sometimes. Tell me why in the same time period .38 caliber Webleys went from $300 to $600 while at the same time a MkVI shaved for .45 has gone from $1200+ down to $700.

Mosins got bumped up because of the SHTF communities pushing them as throwaway guns they can bury for when the happening starts.
Enfields, among other rifles, got bumped up because of YouTube e-celebs and then Battlefield 1 and the Dunkirk movie.

You can trace most of it back to 2008, though, when retailers and unlicensed dealers took advantage of Obama winning the election to spark a panic-buy, raising prices to trick people into thinking everything was selling out.
While modern guns mostly recovered, aside from import bans, milsurp didn't and the prices remain. When you could get a Mauser K98 for less than $500, now you have to pay a premium for a beaten and battered Russian capture.

You shouldn't buy a mosin you idiot, they're overpriced shit. It isn't 2004 anymore.

The "grey" one appears to be an Australian Cattle Dog "Blue Heeler". If so, those are some of the best, most loyal dogs ever. Good looking dogs the both of them, anyway.

Fuck, I should get car instead another AK…

Attached: DSC_0005.JPG (3840x2160 3.01 MB, 2.71M)

Attached: bTb1vDs.png (557x605, 277.69K)

I can't wait for those morons who've never fired it to dig it up, slam a clip into it, only to have their shoulder dislocated when they try to take a potshot at Tyrone.

Recoil really isn't all that bad. Not any worse than its contemporaries at least. Fact is though they're just kind of middling rifles. Production quality is often on the low-end due to war time demands, ergonomics are bare bones, straight bolt handles are not the ideal, sticky bolt syndrome, cartridge interrupters usually don't work leading to rim lock. For $500 if you had to have a bolt action you could get a Ruger American and have the better rifle with cash to spare. The only disadvantage to the Ruger is the lack of a stripper clip guide which, in my opinion, is a feature that should be on all bolt actions. Or solve all your problems, drop the bolt actions, and buy an SKS or something. They're cheaper than the Mosin right now with still in grease Yugos going for $450 at the gun shows around here routinely.

This Rhino represents the most I've ever spent on a gun, but I'd been eyeing them for months. On the topic of Mosins, I feel lucky that I managed to get one as my first gun right before the prices shot up.

Attached: 1439426963677.png (950x371 68.02 KB, 29.98K)

I'm all set on the bare essentials; AR, shotgun, rifle, and a small assortment of handguns. If I buy a Mosin, it'll be as a collection piece/range fun that I can hand a family member who wasn't smart enough to buy a rifle before SHTF.

How are they? They look very aesthetic but beyond that (and the 6 o'clock firing position) are they worthwhile?

Still waiting on it to ship, sadly.

What do you want from them? They look cool, recoil more backwards, are revolvers and shoot bullets. You wouldn't carry one and handguns are not really good for self defense compared to rifles/shotguns. Are you ready to spend quite a bit of money for a collector's piece of interesting engineering? You be the judge

Last thing I bought was an AK-74 trigger guard from Russia to complete my mongrel AKSU kit.

Attached: 5520d0901adf000f33f0d7454d36f5e33665b39b574be3a12e08b8b46a26b990.png (895x592, 489.5K)

Under normal circumstances you should be hanged, but we currently don't have the numbers to waste white men away like that.

Attached: absolutely_disgusting_ice_cream.jpg (512x768, 85.85K)

Nah, it's broken…

What do they do, cut the tail of the disconnector off? It still has an auto-sear, doesn't it?

post pics

Attached: UUUU.jpg (1600x896, 526.94K)

What a cutie.

Sadly, OC/CCing a rifle isn't an option for most people.

People for the Ethi/k/al Treatment of Firearms when?

Attached: smidge.jpg (229x220, 11.95K)

Yes, though I meant for home defense, not self defense. I worded it wrong, it cannot be carries without issues that could be overcome with just as powerful handgun if needed and in situations where one can carry it he's better of with a shotgun or a rifle.

Yes. But I was thinking about simply buying full auto trigger group, but they are all from type 2 and 3, so I'm not sure they will work with type 1. Someone know? I'm not Dutch btw

A whole trigger group will drop right in. I don't know if you can mix and match individual parts though. Look at pictures and see what you need.

Nice try, agent. Nice shepherd doggo tho.

I got an Argentine modelo 1891 carbine in 7.65 Argentine ($540) and a dual holster belly band for skinny guys ($15) at a gun show a few weeks back. The straw that broke the camel's back with this one was my frustration a week before when I was denied purchase of one ($230 for a heavily bubbued stock) I saw in a little pawnshop in Texas because they required me to have a state ID. I should have just bought the yugo ak a fee stands over for a bit more money (around $700), but I figured it might have some collectors value down the line as everything is in good condition for the exception of some rust in the barrel and a worn out Argentine crest. Still not sure though if I should just keep it and restore it to full engineer configuration or sell it and buy something more practical. Thoughts?

So, wait, is it sporterized or what?

AG-42B got it bout a month ago.

Attached: CAE7543C-1157-4A65-AF39-0AB3165EC891.jpeg (900x1600, 119.9K)

Thank you for sacrificing you knowledge of the English language to save poor abused guns. I hope whoever hurt him will be punished. Really thank you though How’s the barrel? I hope bubba didn’t use corrosives because he probably never cleaned her.

I bought over 100 lbs of ammo, but you guys don't need to see some boxes and ammo cans so have some backgrounds of ammo. I got it for a private event I was invited to, but I didn't use any of it and got to shoot machine guns all in all, a good day some little shit called my PTR91 a piece of junk because he didn't seat the magazine properly and it kept failing to feed

Attached: 1435016016525-1.jpg (4608x2592 1.23 MB, 3.16M)

No. The one bubba sold to the pawn shop was probably an attempt. Pic related is what I own currently.

Attached: Argie M91 Crest.png (2576x1932 6.25 MB, 5.84M)

how does your argentine carbine have a crest? My 1891 argentine mauser had its ground off by so it could be exported.

ground off by the government*

I've been wondering that myself since I got it. It's just partially ground so all thats visible is the laurel sun and the hands shaking in the center. Makes me wonder what kind of wars it's been in since that could be natural wear from it's former user gripping over the center of balance.

Okay, I was confused because you mentioned restoring back to engineer configuration and I didn't know if you meant your rifle or the pawn shop rifle.

Your gun probably saw action in the Chaco war because Argentina gave Bolivia a bunch of guns with intact crests. They got in trouble because of that and required any gun leaving the country to have its crest ground off as a result. You have a good find.

You'll need two barrel bands(pic-related has an extra one for whatever reason) and a handguard that's kept on by a thin piece of wire.
So good luck.

Attached: 1891 engineer carbine.jpg (1200x413, 39.06K)

Two thin pieces of wire*

There are two configurations. The original is for the cavalrymen on horse or mule and the engineer configurations after horses became obsolete and like most cavalry battalions they merged with the engineers. The cavalry configuration has the placement of the sling mount at an awkward 1"1/2 behind the trigger guard to make firing from a mount as useless and uncomfortable as possible. The engineer configuration changed that to being mounted on the butt and some bayonet lug bands were added. See

I'm thinking this because all the matching serial numbers start with the letter A. Neat. I'll have to go ahead and buy the missing accessories and bayonet sword to make this piece truly complete. Anyone know of where I can find surplus or commercial rounds to feed it?

I do sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammo-sale/765x53-arg-ammo

My most recent Zig Forums purchase is my Colt 1911 in .38super. (sorry, no available pic)
My battle buddy is a 5'5" 110lbs asain lady. (sorry, not sharing those pics)

Liar. My evidence is that there's no such thing as a "Colt 1911" and nobody who had just made a new purchase would refer to it that way. Also, only cocksuckers buy Colt. QED.

If it had been a Ruger I would have said Ruger SR1911 or a Remington I would have said Remington 1911R.
But I bought a Colt.
The only two makers of 1911 in .38super (other than gucci custom makers) are Colt and RI and I'm not buying an RI.
I have a few in .45 but I really started to itch for one in .38super.
But I'll tell you what, on Wednesday when I get back into port, I'll take pics and post em.

No problem. I can get whole AK-47 trigger group for around 40€

Nice. Im jealous

Thanks France, I’m going to try to get a few rounds when I go home for thanksgiving this weekend and shoot her for the first time. I hope she doesn’t give my thumb gills.

palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-romeo3-1x25mm-3-moa-reflex-sight-with-high-rise-co-witness-mount-sor31099.html

fyi, if you're looking for an AR optic, this Romeo 3 is very nice, especially for $230

I just got a Remeo5 for 110 to put on a new rifle kit.

Ahem

A bayonet for my SVT-40, finally found one affordable at a Canuck milsurp store online. Now all I need to do is find the original shellac to try and restore the stock. The scope unfortunately couldn't be the original as I'm missing the notch, so had to get a POSP and a rail, that thankfully didn't damage anything historic

No k9 available

Attached: IMG_20181018_073901.jpg (3024x4032, 3.12M)

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Traded a broken Beretta neos and $40 for this m27 and an opened, but full crate of nugget food.

Attached: DSC01619.JPG (4320x3240 5.22 MB, 4.92M)

False.

Nice… but why not both?

He never delivered! You, sir, are a dishonest faggot.

Its a nice one, but do you really need 8 loose rounds in a stripper/box fed, semi-auto rifle?

Got a good deal on a old looking factory new savage 11 hog hunter in .308 as my first bolt gun at my lgs and slapped a nice little sig tango4 3-12 and a cheap not-harris bipod on it. It shot .3in groups at my local 100yd range with cheap ammo. I plan to get it into an mdt chassis and take it to a longer range with better ammo and see how it shoots then.

Attached: 1540082767203.jpg (4032x3024, 1.65M)

I have one too, nice gun, I've taken 3 deer with .308 handloads. Apparently they also produce a .338 lapua version, but I'm not sure how that would turn out.

Those rails block clip insertion, and since it's an under/over system the cheekpad helps with the scope's high profile.

Update having put a couple hundred rounds through it. Quite frankly, I absolutely love this thing. As advertised, the 6 o'clock barrel makes rapid follow-up shots much easier, which gave me a pretty decent grouping even when firing at my maximum rate. A friend of mine tried it out and is rather tempted to pick up the 6" version. If the price tag on the 2019 edition (pic related) isn't too much higher compared to the standard 6", I'll probably encourage him to go for it and offer to make up the difference simply for the gaudiness.

Attached: adfadsf555.JPG (626x778, 69.11K)

Even though VPN, it is still disgusting

Attached: 2.jpg (543x750, 87.2K)

That image is horrendous, hippie-white-trash-biker-gang-tier.

Attached: Smug_asiatics.png (622x562, 116.36K)

This is my most recent gun: a Colt King Cobra with a 6 inch barrel.
I didn't buy it, but inherited it from my grandfather who recently passed away.
I intend to keep it as my mountain camping gun.
I literally just got home with it, and intend to clean it and oil it. I don't have any other 357 guns so I'll need to go buy some food for it on payday.

Attached: 20181023_161028.jpg (5312x2988 4.7 MB, 4.88M)

I definitely wouldn't take a $1200-$2000 gun that is out of production as my mountain camping gun. by all means shoot it as often as you please, but get something less valuable and less likely to increase in value for your work gun.

That's a really fair point. He used it as his camping gun so I intended to do the same, though I had not really put much thought into the value of the thing.

It is extremely expensive. Not shooting it should be a crime. Treat it nicely or I'll fucking find you.

t. one of the bigger revolverfags on here that wishes he had something that expensive

treating guns as investments is gay and one of the reasons why we can't have full-auto anymore.
Carry that .357, shoot it, camp with it, don't let it rot in a safe.

Honestly I wouldn't rely on it simply on the basis that Colts are fragile bastards and it's likely that nobody alive today is qualified to do any sort of work on any of the snakes if they suffer parts breakage.

Sell the thing. You'll probably get $1600 minimum for it.
$800-ish will get you a S&W 629 6" in .44 mag
That $800 you'll have left over will probably earn more in an index fund than it would have as a gun.
Fine, use the $800 left over to buy a SECOND gun of your choice. Now you have TWO guns for the price of none.

Even if I thought that was a good idea, I'm pretty sure everyone else in my family would hunt me down and lynch me if I did that.

Regardless of anything else, I will definitely be taking it to the range next time I go, don't worry about that.

I never told him to treat it strictly as an investment, you imbecile. what said fits exactly with that I was saying. And no, keeping a clean Colt snake gun in the safe more often than its out is not why 1986 passed and it is not why the NFA has been repealed.

This is also bad idea, while it is financially sound.

It's OK user, I get what you are saying.

Point is, though, that I intend to shoot it. I have no experience with 357 though. Anyone want to recommend a specific load I should try feeding it? Sage for off topic.

You can just throw some standard .38 specials down the barrel if you want to avoid recoil.

Selier and bellot 158 grains. Closest factory loadings to classic 1935 load data, cheap (for .357) while also being fun as recoil thumps. Of course there's 180 grain buffalo bore for fun and rape. The load data I follow for mouse farts is 3-3.5 grains of hp38, winchester small pistol mag primers, under a 158 grain lead bullet.

Interesting. Not a bad thing… just not what I expected.

Practice and self-defense against 2-legged threats - Remington green and white box 125 gr. semi-jacketed hollowpoints. An inexpensive, tame load that still blows 9mm out of the water, with very good terminal performance (my experience, plus lots of evidence in Paul Harrel's videos).

In the woods: for anything smaller than a bear, I'd go with the Lehigh Defense 140 gr. Xtreme Hunter, which offers excellent penetration (a priority for animal defense) and still isn't very punishing on the gun. It has decent terminal ballistics on humans, as the unique bullet shape will chew up internal tissue pretty well (though not as well as a hollowpoint), making it a decent all-purpose round.

Now, if you delude yourself into thinking you can stop a bear with a .357 magnum, your best chance of doing so is with the Buffalo Bore, Underwood, or DoubleTap 180 gr. hardcast flat-nose. They will penetrate a bear's thick skull, and you may even be able to get a through-and-through on its abdomen, but they're very difficult to control compared to most other .357s. They are also terrible against humans, as they will just punch a clean hole right through. I would strongly recommend having a gunsmith inspect the gun and verify that it's in good enough shape to handle these loads, and I still wouldn't practice with them very often unless you know your gunsmith has the means to repair the gun if it shits the bed.