What did Allah mean by this?

"Strongest among men in enmity to the [Muslim] believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say: "We are Christians:" because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world and they are not arrogant."

Attached: darussalam-2017-05-18-18-12-38al-quran-al-kareem-(15-lines)-1.png (1000x1360, 817.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NMMvswyDIpI&t=2m41s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Muslims are generally better than pagans and much, much, much better than secularists or neopagans, but that isn't saying much. If I had to choose to live in a society belonging to one of the above it would be either pagans (depending on the type) or Muslims (depending on the type). Muslims are better than most types of pagans, but some types of pagans are better than Muslims. Muslims aren't the worst heathens out there I guess is my point. No comment on Jews.

Early Muslims were oddly sympathetic to Christians, although by this passage they pretty much mean monastics. Further, it's also possible it's talking about Arians or Ebionites which, having been kicked out of the Empire started to settle in Arabia and Persia. It's probably here that Muhammad gained some affinity with what he considered to be "Christianity"

Muhammad supposedly had a lot of dealings with Christian monks before he became a prophet. There is even a story from his youth where he went trading with his uncle to a monastery, and while the uncle was chatting with a monk, the monk noticed the young Muhammad sitting under a tree and he had a vision that that boy, he says to the uncle, would be a great servant of the Lord. when he grew up.

Muslim complimenting us? On OUR religion?
It's more likely than you think. Click here for a free PC scan.

What is happening in this post

Attached: SmEogTp.jpg (720x796, 48.72K)

You left out the next verses

whew

Wait a second…

Do you want me to draw you a Venn diagram?

Yes please.

I've found the Sufi to be very friendly.

Serious question, what does it say on the front? How does anyone ever learn to read those random squiggles?

Well this sure makes up for them calling us the worst of creatures
it doesn't

Muhammad would oscillate between liking and hating his neighbors. Hence the Quran is full of abrogations and schizophrenic nonsense.

Why not talk about the absolute worst cult and people there is?

Some things go without saying.

How would I know, I don't talk to false idols.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Friendly reminder that in Arabic "Allah" directly translates to "God" in English and our Arab Christian brothers and sisters use it in their prayers and rites. So tread lightly.
Polite sage

And? Jupiter literally means God the Father, he ain't the God of Abraham though.

Yes but no Christian refers to God of Abraham as "Jupiter." Allah is, however, used in the Arab rite.

Christianity is not a sacred name movement, Islam is. When Christians pray in Arabic, they called God "Allah," but if they pray in English they call him "God" and if they pray in Chinese they call him "上帝" (pronounced Shàngdì). When Muslims pray in Arabic, they call God "Allah," if they pray in English they call him "Allah," and if they pray in Chinese they call him "阿拉" (pronounced Ālā). If an English speaker refers to Allah, they are talking about the false God worshiped by Muslims, they are not talking about the terminology of Arabic Christians and people who roll out "BUT ARABIC CHRISTIANS SAY ALLAH" in every fucking thread on Islam are either being dense on purpose or just missing the point.

NO U

Jupiter is Dyaus Pater (literally sky father; Our Father who art in heaven)

plenty make reference to Jove -> Yove -> Yowe ->YHWH

Islam is much more problematic than it seems. First 1Jn2-22 does not apply to them, since HE IS the messiah (witch doesn't imply his divinity for them) even for them.
On an other side, the only fact Avicenna and Averroes have been that much discussed by the medieval theologians shows what they think isn't that stupid (even though it is mainly about commenting and interpreting Aristotle). The problem is about encounter with modernity. Actual Islam is, and sounds stupid, as much as modernist Christianity does. They have great theologians Ibn Arabi, Ghazzali, Mulla Sadra.

The real problem is the following : How can a man, who sincerely dedicates his life to a God, who is metaphysically VALID, can worship the devil ? With ZERO evidence of it, except a bunch of faggots with a clown pope.

Don't get me wrong, Christianity (apostolic one, not the fake ones) is the deepest revelation of all, yet, Gn9.9-9.17 and Jn10-16 points to the fact that you can not limit the Logos and his mercy.

tldr : Traditional muslims have good metaphysics, metaphysics hardly lead to the devil, cf Aristotle. Actual Muslims are retarded because, like protestants, they negate tradition and are in a Sola scriptura approach.

Attached: abd el kader.jpg (1653x2000, 745.08K)

Avicenna and Averroes are in the same snese Muslim in which Calvin is Roman Catholic.

How are they not muslims ? Calvin is not a Roman Catholic because he clearly discusses fundamentals of the catholic faith (true presence of Christ in the Eucharist, 7 sacraments …). Meanwhile, even if Averroes has been put aside, Avicenna is still one of the major source of the mystical theology, either in Sufism and in Chi'ism.

Both of them denied core principles of Islam. They were apostates.

Averroes had a difficult end of life, yet he still was respected, Ibn Arabi was present at his funerals, and wasn't treated like an apostate. Avicenna, on the other side, is still revered, and had no real problems.

Video clip of the King of Jordan saying that he believes in Jesus as the Messiah
youtube.com/watch?v=NMMvswyDIpI&t=2m41s

Attached: TRUNEWS.com.jpg (900x900, 107.62K)

I guess the US is going to war with Jordan next.

Muslim here, the Islamic position is that christians are better in terms of relations with muslims. Since, some of them have legitimate concern for us and want to seek truth. Unlike the jews, which do no proselytize and encourage abusing goyim, and double standards, such as their rule for usury.

I guess Muhammad, the 124,000th prophet was when Allah realized he can't just provide revelations and go to sleep, he has to actively preserve them, otherwise they aren't effective

I can't take Islam seriously because it implies Allah had no interest to preserve his revelations. their God is a bumbling baffoon who can't keep his Word, his Word isn't eternal. Which makes revelation totally pointless given the nature of man and the world.

This .

Throughout the Qur'an there is praise of Christians and other infidels, yet simultaneous condemnation and harshness – "… let them [unbelievers] find in you [Muslims] hardness…" etc., as and attest to. With every word a Muslim praises Christians, he says another to condemn them – they are like snakes and cannot be trusted, as Christians surviving in the Middle East know firsthand.

I'm not exactly a fan of him, but I saw Chuck Missler talking about the differences between the false god Allah and God, and it stuck with me how he said that why God delighted to making and keeping promises, Allah is a capricious god.

Wasn't Ibn Arabi super into Jesus?

Yep. Or we'd all be going to hell for not believing in Joshua (which is Jesus actual name if you jump straight from Hebrew to English).

What is the Jesus prayer?
God exalted Him to the highest place, and gave Him the name above all names

In some way yes. Sufi's in a general way are. In shi'ism things are presented this way (at least for Mulla Sadra's school) : Moses gives the law, Christ accomplishes it, Muhammad leads from the first one to the second one.