Could it be that we finally got a good Christian video game?

Could it be that we finally got a good Christian video game?

Attached: image.jpeg (740x416, 84.94K)

Stop playing video games and/or watching anime: spend your time reading good holy books, studying the Bible and hanging out with few good friends.
Also, hit the gym and be on the lookout for a good woman in your parish/church.

Stop attacking inane obese nerd strawmans, Chaim.

please check the catalog

No.

Embed related
NSFW

You stop watching sports then. You can do everything you said AND play vidya/watch anime. It is the same exact thing as sitting on your fat butt watching sports.

I gave up video games and never liked sports. That post didn't come from me, but it could have. Video games are an indulgence to your dopamine receptors and are generally a bad idea.

Reading theology and praying actually makes us better and, if you get used to it, it's also relaxing, in a more wholesome way than video games.

Don't assume the person hating on video games likes sports- you're the one stereotyping. I never liked watching sports, God just healed me from the attachment to video games.

I don’t watch sports already

The best thing to do is to have no entertainment, and focus entirely on training the body, mind, and soul. Exercise, psychological discipline, and spiritual gains (you can not have one without the other).

replace that with

monks/priests have recreation, everyone needs recreation. You need to recreate your soul.

Reminder that entertainment is punishable by hellfire. Enjoying things is NOT ALLOWED.
The only exception to this is when you're slaughtering your enemies. In that case, do it as often as possible and enjoy it to the fullest.

One's entertainment should be dwelling upon the divine- stories, art, and themes that both relax, and reveal the beauty of our Lord and His creation.

Entertainment isn't evil; indulgence of the baser appetites is.

Is it actually good?

your type is getting annoying

Wrong. Entertainment is to have fun.
Your shit is why no one is christian anymore.

It's breddy gud, although the devs shoehorned a lot more modernism into the game than I expected. For example in the beginning of the game where you can choose to imply to your mother that you've fornicated and she just jokes it off like a 21st century womyn when in reality any mother in the 15th century would've fainted at the thought of her son fornicating (and going to hell as a result). But yeah, gameplay-wise it's a masterpiece.

And nothing of value was lost.

Well, Henry did not fornicated though - you can get "Virgin" achievement after all. And Czechs always have been liberal scums.

No, but his mother asks him what he did last night and he replies "I was with Bianca, we were talking" or something like that to which the mother replies "oh, so that's what you call it?" while snickering. Mothers weren't even that liberal 40 years ago lmao

Could've been me writing that.
/thread

Attached: fpbp.jpg (800x850, 69.2K)

Attached: 7ba.jpg (540x442, 117.12K)

Anyone that has your view was never Christian to begin with.

If "fun" is indulging in sin, then you love sin and not God. It's that simple

We'll be sure to do that, Achmed

Attached: jesuschristredrobe_large.jpg (2141x3079, 629.24K)

How many hours a day would you say you guys spend trying to turn people away from Christ by declaring arbitrary prohibitions in his name?

On topic, the game is brilliant and very pro-Christian, but it does indulge in a little bit of game of thrones style "grim-dark" cynicism, and is a little bit too anti-fantastic and skeptical. The scene where you and the priest get wasted, then he pukes from the church bell tower and you fuck the barmaids is pretty hackneyed by this point, although that's optional. Also anything that involves investigating something apparently supernatural always ends up with them just being pure superstition (being more agnostic about superstition probably would have been more accurate to the medieval mindset). For the most part it's great

I didn't say that at all. I said that the "fun" should appeal to contemplation of the divine, not the appetites

If it's fun because it excites you sexually, that's bad

If it's fun because it's violent, that's bad

If it's fun because it's delicious, that's bad

But if it's fun because it appeals to a sense of beauty (paintings of nature, architecture, etc.) which come from our awe towards God, that's good.

If it's fun because it makes us think about the nature of God and goodness- debating philosophy, scripture, etc. that's good.

If it's fun because you're creating something useful, to make us better able to live in this world (from carpentry to sky-scrapers) that's good.

Your sense of fun is just warped cause' you're in sin. I am too, I pray for God to make me want only good things.

This may have been said before I'm not going to read the entire thread to find out but just because most of the characters are Christian, or at least think they are, it doesn't make the game a Christian game.

Through this reasoning, we can assume Adam and Eve never enjoyed food or sexual intercourse before eating the forbidden fruit. Was the forbidden fruit the only delicious fruit in the entire Garden of Eden or did Adam simply not appreciate good food until he tasted the forbidden fruit?
Please, do not insult God by claiming enjoying his creation and the simple pleasures of existence are sinful.

Attached: mpsscrn.png (640x400, 196.28K)

Now that I think about it, hipster Just The Facts was pretty youtuby. Does Rod do anything like that now?

Attached: just the facts.JPG (814x620, 50.49K)

Don't be so obtuse. We're talking about hobbies.

If you're sexually excited about sleeping with your wife for potential procreation, that's good. It's fantastic.

There's also nothing wrong with eating good food. The is something wrong with eating food for fun- that's called gluttony

You can have fun eating food without stuffing your face. If your ideas of fun are so terrible, perhaps you should be worried for the state of your own soul rather than others.

You people and your obsession with being joyless, fun-averse and grim as though this was how Christ also lived.

this, tbqh

win, tbqh

kinda this, tbqh

THIS. Upboated

What do you expect on a board about an godly standard in morality.

It's also ironic that you use the term Goy when sarcastically encouraging entertainment, when all entertainment (including video games) comes from the said poeple, and create media that changes your mind.

Speaking of videogames, what does Zig Forums think of Shadow of the Colossus? I think it will the last videogame I'll ever play I never beat it when I was a kid.

Attached: Colosos.jpeg (3712x1013, 1.09M)

I used to love that game! Just riding around the world soaking up the atmosphere. The animation of the character and the horse had real weight and made you feel so connected to that world. I can't recall from a Christian perspective though, the story is about rescuing a princess or something isn't it?

Ah ah, I don't play videogames, I don't watch much anime (like, 3 to 4 times a year,and usually just movies), I hang out with my friends every few weeks for a couple of beers; you are the one who tries to imply I want a "no fun allowed" faith. Videogames are a terrible waste of time, at least a movie can be entertaining and even a good experience, videogames are absolutely shallow in value.
But yes, I'm a kike for suggesting such things, how bad of me!
Pathetic…absolutely pathetic; the absolute state of this board.

The salty tears of the "Christians" in this thread is saddening to me…

I'm Christian, man: I enjoy booze and cigars once in a while, I go to pubs and I talk to ladies, I enjoy life without having to play videogames or consume an enormous amount of movies or anime.

"This person said it's better to avoid too much fun, he must hate fun!"
Ah, the straw man army is on the move…

My post was maybe a tad too much of a "whited sepulcher" and I apologize for that.

He didn't fornicate, he was drinking with male friends

I don't play games either and haven't in over a decade although I have been tempted by a mini SNES recently but they're not necessarily a complete waste of time, games can improve problem solving skills and cognitive abilities. Then there's the depth in story telling that could be just as good and entertaining experience you see movies providing. Yes you may need to commit 30 hours single player to traverse and soak it in, but a similar time would be needed for many TV shows running multiple seasons (I don't watch any TV atm either it's just that Romans 14 comes to mind).

Sorry, I let myself go and I sinned due to my pride.
Sure, there are a few selected games (some of which I played) which got me in many ways due to great writing and interesting characters/world building. I'd say, just like anime, movies and other form of "mundane" entertainment "in the sense of "merely earthly"), they must come after all that is from/of God, and after we took care of our duties as men and sons of God ("the paying gig first, the fun time after. ")

You have to revive a dead girl making a deal with a demon called Dormin aaand that's all I know I doubt is a Christian game.

Degenerate
So you go to places where the worst sort of degeneration is common, engages in a disgusting lifestyle and have the audacity to claim that is good?
Retard. This is literally the behavior of a fedora
You're so euphoric

>(1)
What post would that be, first-time-poster?

Have heard naught but naughty things said about how woeful the combat is in this game.

No is the bloody word after seeing that shizzle!

Combat is alright but some of it is fugged. Unless you play 200 hours you wont be able to use any combos(gets blocked). this makes combat very long and tedious, and i was only able to use block/simple attacks.

Its really not that bad. You can skip all sexual quests in the game as they are optional. The attitude towards Christianity in the game is positive. that alone really does say alot about the game, i mean , have you seen, Far Kike 5?

I'll pay that.
I still don't see Far Kike 5 as being that bad because they made it pretty obvious this is a cult,
BUT
that said, it certainly IS part of an unconscious (or maybe deliberate) movement, a strategy whispered by the satan, to poison all things Christian. But, really, let's be honest, if you're going to play "Far Kike 5" and be triggered into hating Christians, you were already a far-gone fedora anyway, right?

Nevertheless, something that is at least positive about meme-Christianity, sure, that's a good thing. Wish the combat wasn't just hacky-slashy garbage though and I might buy it just for the adventure times.

Attached: kek-lloyd.gif (327x240, 1.97M)

We already have one.
There is an ending where you can become God's messiah to create a world of perfect order, with an emphasis on making peoples face their sins and atone for them.
The heroe inherited the seeds of Abel like many others human beings, while Cain is condemned to be resurrected until he atone for what he did and realize that God always cared for him.
You have the power to help Cain, and it's so nice.

Attached: bot_0007.png (320x240 225.05 KB, 225.05K)

choose one you degenerate

This, being Christian means everything you like specially if it involves imagination is Satanic.

Well well, Zig Forums is finally showing it's true face.

I actually believe this. Satan wishes you to live a life of pleasure and comfort and the consequence will be eternal suffering, while God wishes you to live a life of suffering and misery in His name to prove your worthiness of His presence. This is the reoccurring theme I notice through life as all things that bring one pleasure and comfort end up destroying the mind, body and soul (sugar-diabetes, sex-stds, masturbation-loss of interest and response to life and the elimination of your race) Even in Buddhism this system can be seen.

Attached: 483px-FNVHH_Honest_Hearts_Cover.png (483x600, 559.82K)

Anime and video games are great, and they make you a better, more well-rounded person.

Attached: 1506203437609.jpg (1280x1450, 410.06K)

Indeed something has shown xirs face…

Attached: 1481886537233.png (991x1287, 1.74M)

>Anime and video games are great, and they make you a better, more well-rounded person.
No they don't. Unless you're making career off them and even then you're exposed to terrible values.

Attached: dac06ff0d105ece4f18b33549795e054582ae77db37e97b7b27bcd1ed3c0d920.jpg (481x479, 27.18K)

Are you also going to complain about reddit spacing, Chaim?

why are you using suggestive children's cartoons?

/r/Christianity is more your speed champ

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17.24K)

It seems (You) are awfully familiar with this reddit place. Maybe (You) should follow your own advice and go back there.

That depends … is it an actual game game where you play it OR is it math homework like those game where you pick some nation and slowly build it over the course of centuries until you just want to rip your eyes out of your head because you realize you're doing math homework?

Can't even come up with an argument