archive.is/eWJ2s
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaVhfBBU4gVbxQE291-21dW0fqmewsxgq
ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/angel2.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=1KCiMdR1ox0
youtube.com/watch?v=Jy6AOGRsR80
youtube.com/watch?v=g4FW-d5Etpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it isn't Roman Catholic

One of the reasons why is because the people who sing satanic rock/metal music are able to play so well is because they're channeling demons and that helps them play better.

Attached: MUSIC that WANTS your SOUL (2012).webm (632x452, 5.62M)

And pop music is not?

This is your brain on judaism. :^)

This tbh. OP either has extraordinarily terrible taste in music, or he thinks Christian music solely means CCM

Can we channel angels to play better to glorify God?

Attached: 87bdfsa54d3.gif (816x480, 5.42M)

To my knowledge you can ask your guardian angel to help you, and ask for the angels of music (there are apparently angels for everything) to help, also just asking God to do well.

is there biblical evidence that such a thing exists?

bach's mass in b minor and mozart's requiem mass are both very good.

Stop listening to protestant """music""".

New Protestant music is terrible, but for most of their history Protestants have made great music as well.

Channeling (( angels )) sounds like a really bad idea, since demons can appear as angels to the "good" side of occultists. You can have the holy spirit speak through you.

Attached: Lucifer fall from heaven angel of light.jpg (1024x768, 215.44K)

Does Zig Forums approves of this?

It's not, you're just listening to trashy pop/adult alternative music. Here's a great Christian song.

Not to mention, most Christian bands today are nondenom or some weird Unitarian sect.

Yes. See: youtu.be/MlCSpFO2QW8

This is such a badass song.

Bad idea for reasons already stated. Your guardian angel is there to guard. He's not a musician. Instead, ask for the help of Saint Cecelia (but for help with music that glorifies God).

Only notable things in the video, everything else is musicfags using metaphors to describe improv or channeling a culture's mood into music. There's genuine cases of occult influences in music but crying wolf over every improvfag using a metaphor or asswipe baiting for attention means most will ignore you when you accidentally stumble across the real deal.

Attached: ade8ee84ebabe0d6c3b2ab47889d8d51a239c49d0645f6b3ee3e8bb99864bbca.gif (250x250, 1.51M)

Also worth mentioning is that David Lee Roth is Jewish, which leads more credibility to the idea he was trying to piss off fundamentalists for publicity (if that video clip was any indication, it worked). That alone is reason enough to deny him your shekels.
If you dig up anything else suggesting he's more of a devil worshiper than your average Jew, feel free to post it.

It is Well with My Soul
1. When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.
Refrain: It is well with my soul, It is well, it is well with my soul.
2. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come, Let this blest assurance control, That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate, And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
3. My sin—oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!— My sin, not in part but the whole, Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
4. For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live: If Jordan above me shall roll, No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
5. But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait, The sky, not the grave, is our goal; Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord! Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!
6. And Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight, The clouds be rolled back as a scroll; The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend, Even so, it is well with my soul.

archive.is/eWJ2s

I understand what you're saying though some people are taking something real and messing around with it. That's the just thing though, it's actually really common in media that celebrities and artists flaunt around their devil worship. People will ignore you even if you choose the perfect example because believing in a spiritual world in an New Age era where psychology is spirituality thanks to Oprah and Eckhart Tolle.

The acting community is full of faggots and glorified prostitutes, nothing new here.
Post some sources on this shit instead of using generalizations. In my experience, you'll find more genuine satanism in pop than rock (although rock certainly has it if you look for the right nutters) and metal's satanic influences are greatly overstated by people who took one look at some album cover and started screeching.

You're missing soo much context, if it was about their lifestyles than it wouldn't be played for laughs, it wouldn't be about humiliation. They have controlled the media from their secret societies since the 1700s.
>Post some scholarly sources of patterns that mass media so i can dismiss them for either being to underground or too (((mainstream))).
I did post them, and you proved me right, i can show you the perfect examples, the perfect sources and some people will not see it. There is also The documentary "They sold their souls for Rock and Roll" youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaVhfBBU4gVbxQE291-21dW0fqmewsxgq

It's cringy because they all try too hard to be PC. It just comes out tired and generic.

I think Christian music could do well to lessen up on the songs about Christianity and move into songs about Christians.

Vid related is an example. The song is still kinda goofy power metal, but the story of the Swiss guard is real. Songs could be written about the saints and all the crazy stuff they did. Of course, that requires people not to be turned off by Catholic or denominational things.

so basically, got it right.

This documentary is off to a sad start, taking Insane Clown Posse's bad shitposting completely straight. The problem with stuff like this is that it's usually a mixture of genuine degeneracy (sometimes with occult fuckery or genuine satanism) and crappy shitposting taken seriously, and when you spread this less discerning viewers will laugh their ass off the moment they see a shitpost the filmmakers fell for and turn off the documentary.
Speaking as someone who fucking loathes most popular music and is convinced the media is filled with degenerates and barely-concealed subversion, from one brother to another, please find better material. I'm not asking for scholarly shit, just build up a collection of suspicious clips and quotes you can pull from whenever a fedora gets uppity.
I had this really good screencap explaining how pop stars go through a lifecycle designed to entrap the audience and eventually poz them, but cannot for the life of me find it. I'll post it in here if I stumble across it anytime soon.

Attached: 1455994177831.gif (331x221, 2.36M)

Butler started collecting satanic imagery as some kind of bad fedora joke and Ozzy stole an old spellbook to add to the collection. The encounter spooked the shit out of him and he tossed fucking everything.
Black Sabbath lyrics are questionable at worst but the bigger problem was the band members' retarded behaviour. Ozzy supposedly converted to Christianity at some point but recovering from all his years of literally superhuman drug abuse (apparently he has some extremely rare genetic quirk that gives him an extremely high tolerance to most drugs and anesthetics, so he had to take shitloads of anything to feel it) has taken its toll and he's still a mess.

This reminds me. I've heard of a lot of Christian metal, but is there any Christian punk/hardcore?

The stuff on Crowley in pt 3 is interesting but it's shit I already knew. Shame they hurt their effort by including Ozzy's condemnation of Crowley among stuff by his nutty fans.

Kind of.

Because you are listening to music that exists just for the sake of being something christian. Listen to something written by a good song writer, played by a good mucisian and it's pretty good.

tune!

(USER WAS WARNED FOR VIOLATING RULE 2 THROUGH RACIAL SLURS )

I have just discovered John Mark McMillan. Its the first music that seems to resonate with the sentiments of the faith I have found an affinity with, that which Kierkegaard and Dostoevsky understand.

I love this song, whole album is one of my favorites too.

Psalm 91:11, and Matthew 18:10. Then from this and Sacred Tradition of course.

ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/angel2.htm

Modern Christian pop was one of the reasons I left Christianity for the first time( among others). Now that I'm back, to be honest, I like a lot of it, OP's video included.

While it isn't worship music appropriate for a Divine Liturgy or Latin Mass, obviously, it's perfectly fine for driving along to in your car, or listening to while your going about your day to day work.

I don't think a Christian presence in mainstream pop music using pop production values is a bad thing.

Considering Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground's overall track record, that song was probably done in a spirit of irony or passive-aggressive subversion.

I don't understand why you would think that. It's a pretty face value song, especially some one so far removed from God like Lou Reed during this time is going to feel that way, it's a question of whether or not people accept those feelings. Either way they have them. Also just look at the rest of the album.

But I can see how it actually subverts christianity in music, and is a clever ironic piece. It doesn't subvert christianity, it's not a clever ironic piece, and I can't see that, by the way.

The same issue with Fashwave. Most don't have the intention of being groundbreaking, they just imitate current trends to be relevant and it unintentionally becomes weaker.

However, the Amen break was a sample that came from Christian song and it's used in electronic songs now. If you've listened to Pendulum, then you'll recognize the sample.

The Velvet Underground wasn't as cut and dry as most of their lefty fans assume. Between the vulgar shitposting there's this undercurrent of dissatisfaction, emptiness, and guilt from degeneracy, making them much more honest than most of their degeneracy-glorifying peers and part of the reason why they're surprisingly listenable at times.
Even though Lou Reed was certainly no Christian, it's an almost perfect match for Lou Reed's more personal and sincere songs. It's a shame Jesus never went any further than a single song and Lou Reed's songs remained merely a degenerate's bouts of self awareness and longing for something better. It's most obvious in vid related, which hurt Lou Reed so much he couldn't sing it and handed it to Moe Tucker.

Because most christian music bands focus too much on making it as christian as possible and almost not on the music itself.

You can have a song be entirely made out of bible verses, if the music sucks then the whole song does too.

Too many bands are too focused on reaching the widest possible audience. They're also too afraid to offend anyone.

Too bad that there isn't a Swiss guard movie to go with it. Then again, there's always Powerwolf.

I don't understand why you're surprised at me be cynical and incredulous towards his intentions considering his overall track record.

Fair enough.

You have completely missed the shift in the bands production, line up, and thematic shift. After White Light White Heat Andy Warhol was fired and John Cale was kicked out. This big push to be so abrasive and focus more on being at the vanguard in music came from these two for the most part, and with them removed Lou Reed took complete control to focus more on song writing with a much cleaner production. Lou Reed did want to mix harsher, but with out Andy Warhol to push things in the more noisy direction like on white light they ended up with a cleaner production. If you look at the themes it's completely shifted. The only song about trannies on The Velvet Underground is Candy says, and were it not about a specific person it would be much more subtle.

What Goes on, Some Kinda Love, Pale Blue Eyes, Jesus, After Hours, etc. There is a huge refocussing with Cale gone, it's much softer, and holds much more sincerity.

I don't think Christian music is cringy at all. Probably because you're demon-possessed, and demons cringe at the Name of Jesus.
You believe that there is one God; you do well. The demons also believe and tremble. (James 2:19)

I have around 60 gb of gregorian, medieval chants and vids.

Any quality recs for some one who has never listened?

True, but Reed was also very honest with his songs, especially for his time. If he was going to make an anti-Christian song he would just do it openly.

Another reason why the Grey Album was so much softer is because most of the band's equipment was stolen shortly before recording. Including Moe's drums. For most of the album she was drumming on trashcans they found in the alley behind the studio.

It's the perfect plan

Attached: Jew_Larva.jpg (800x600, 107.38K)

If you're a Spirit-filled Christian, you can tell if a song has the markings of the Holy Spirit over it or not. Nice try though.

Fair enough, but why did Lou Reed return to such themes of his own accord later on? "Walk on the Wild Side" is from 'Transformer', made in 1972; 3 full years after the "shift" in Velvet Underground's third self-titled album. Even Andy Warhol had a nominal influence on said album.

Because he still lives the same lifestyle addicted to meth, but he's more than just trannies and meth all the time.

nice prelest you got there

Christian music is not divinely inspired like the Bible. Even a psalter with lyrics exclusively from the Psalms is set to music which isn't divinely inspired and it's very possible that said music is fucking awful.
Potato Jesus was still a bad restoration even though it featured Jesus and was probably a sincere attempt at restoring the original piece. A novel featuring Christian characters and themes can still be a badly-constructed and written turd. Music is no exception.

Attached: cf15205823aec17f04eec8d169c08151cb5847024c25cb8b1c0dc943514d1cea.gif (379x440, 142.11K)

I love hearing this song in a John Woo film:

That's what happens when you try to make music inoffensive and acceptable to SUV-driving soccer moms.

Someone's never read the Book of Tobit.

Attached: oboina2.jpg (1920x1408, 1.23M)

Welcome newfriend, most use proxies or vpns here. You should look into getting at least a proxy.

I was talking about my own ID

It isn't.

youtube.com/watch?v=1KCiMdR1ox0

youtube.com/watch?v=Jy6AOGRsR80

FTFY
Americans tend to forget all cultural traits in exchange of efficiency, thus you have music designed to appeal to as big of an audience which is then the only thing manny people hear and it is used as a blueprint by people who don't know better but who have with good intentions

as cringy as it was, it became no worse than all music made in the current years.

was this supposed to be an example of said cuckoldry?

Wrong, American Christian music used to be pretty good, and I highly doubt most “Christian Contemporary Music” made outside of the US is much good either.

Wrong.
Baptist hymnals are some of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

Contemporary Christian music*

To test our faith. ;^)

On a global scale, it's not. You forget, you're in the dying world in terms of Christianity. Go check out what Africa or Asia is doing. (Pic not entirely related, but I love her voice.)

But, here, because we Christians eat our own. Ideological purity trumps musical talent every time. (And I use the term "ideological" rather than "theological" intentionally.) If you don't sing precisely the doctrine I like, you're a heretic and I'll ban you from my collection, the radio stations won't play you and record companies won't give you a deal. Ergo, you get safe, anemic, bland CCM every time, so that you can be sure to understand the righteously precise lyrics.
We do the same thing with literature, if you really want to talk about cringe-factor.

Plus, you're talking about a very small pool of potential artists in the west to choose from, given Christian's small population, and very little money to support them all.
It's really only in the past two decades that Christian metal has gotten record deals. As with metal, so with everything that isn't CCM.
Plus, if you guys reckon it's bad now, let me transport you back to the 1980s for some SERIOUS cringe levels before there was even metal. (inb4 Petra or Stryper.)

But, to blanket the entire world of Christian music as cringe-worthy is just to take what dross the CCM industry is prepared risking giving you. I've heard some excellent trance by Christians that you will never get on radio or in stores. It's up to us to support amateurs. But, isn't that the same in all things?

But, I'm happy to listen to Alice Kamande. Most modern music is sh!t anyway.

user … I … * …

This guy was a little bit win, but it underscores why Christian music is often insipid: he would NEVER have a record contract from a CCM shop now, given his unconventional theology I don't think he did, but there's always something folks can dredge up and certainly his life. Plus, you can't sing in Christian songs about sin much less about people killing each other, are you mad?!

That said, that video is a travesty given the lyrics

*fixed
It's not PC, but it is the Christian or CCM version of PC.

give me a break. They were protecting a palace and its occupants. Do we attribute such to everyone who's ever defended a palace before?

That pic is genius

Yerp.

Attached: is-this-suntanned-fellow-serious.jpg (600x457, 30.87K)

Why don't you go back to "makememe.org"? Sounds like the place might be more up to your speed.

Attached: sometimes you have to shake the tree and see what falls out.gif (500x235, 954.47K)

It's really the lack of subtelty which makes it cringy most of the time. The meaning is put forward in a way that it sounds preachy and not in a good way, as if they were writing those songs as a way to gain moral high-ground instead of reaching to other people, basically doing everything that Matthew 6:6 told us not to do. Look at Demon Hunter, they are a Christian metal band and yet their lyrics never feel cringy even though they have obviously Christian meanings.

Always puts me in the mood to retake the holy land.

Attached: christian chart.png (1208x1736, 2.35M)

Because its made by people with cringey theology

Oh rly

We can fix that

Mah boi. GBaTS is so unironically my jams.

Also something different, but still Christian.

love for you, user

Play more Christian music uwu

I recommend the following:
War of Ages
Living Sacrifice
Antestor
Soul Embraced
Renascent
Theocracy
Demon Hunter
Disciple
Sinbreed
Signum Regis
Affector
For Today
Silent Planet
A Feast for Kings
Showbread

Attached: 35e23124b62bc84042076b29e468d1464d775d803257623008b22bd732b62e87.png (1000x820, 403.67K)

Because it's a "MUH PR" stunt that tries to grab lukewarm converts using worldly tactics.
Everyone sees right through it, it's a massive waste of time and makes you look like a cuck.

Any Spotify users here?
The Christian genre has been removed. It appears that it doesn't appear for us Australians and New Zealanders.
Spotify has been rather silent about the matter, but it appears it is due to the gay marriage vote in Australia.
Anyone else not able to see the Christian genre?

Great song for Easter.

Having grown up as a teenager listening to all the interesting 'cool' lesser known bands etc, and thinking i was cool for it, and then the first half of my 20s listening to 'underground' bass, hip hop and electronic music as well as old hip hop rnb etc. from the ages (again thinking it was cool so i thought I was cool), I similarly always thought ccm was cringey as fug, and all the generic sounding guitar bands my dad likes similarly, while not necessarily christian, had that same aesthetic that seemed just so bland and cheaply-emotionally driven.

But now I'm a little older, and I don't listen to those types of music anymore (mostly country now) I'm happy to listen to a bit of ccm from time to time. If a ccm song is catchy has good production I will probably think it's ok and not offensive as I used to (thinking it was cringey). Part of the appeal is just because of the wholesome message in the lyrics. It's not my most listened to genre, but I have a couple of albums I'll go to and a ccm playlist. And it's not that much of it isn't cringey, or bland, or expounds poor theology in the lyrics, but those that are catchy, well produced and expound sound theology are a boon to me. I'm talking a couple of hillsong tracks, elevation worship tracks, kari jobe tracks etc. in my playlist. All things that many would say is generic pile of bantha poodoo. But for me it's just nice to be able to listen to some uplifting, positive songs with which we can sing God's praises in joy. I understand some of these groups' may have more significant issues with their theology and doctrine espoused in their wider ministeries (bethal church, hillsong church etc.) but I don't engage with their ministries and just enjoy a good tune for a good tune. If people complain about the music being emotionally driven then yeah, I'd agree, nothing wrong with using music to manipulate our God given emotions in a postive way to rouse up to sing his praises with joy and pray our sorrows away in his name, what do you think the psalmist was doing all those years ago? I just think this type of music becomes an issue when it becomes the primary means by which people engage in their faith, which because of the emotionally intense nature of it could be the case.

This
and this. God uses this music to work in people.

I used a very old spotify app on my laptop so am can't tell on the desktop app, but it's still there on my smartphone for uk users. Appalling if they did remove it for the reasons you suggust.

Roman chants
Arvo Part
Bach

I could go on and on but you get the point

Attached: Om_God_Is_Good_cover.jpg (316x316, 14.64K)

There's a lot of good Christian bands that just fly under the radar. Five Iron Frenzy is one.

Always thought Leeland was vastly underrated, kinda like the Smashing Pumpkins of Christian Rock. Remember hearing this song way back in the day on the radio and being blown away.

Eh…
Anyway, it depends on the music.

False witness.

You have bad taste if you prefer something else over stuff like vid related, objectively.

You mean American
youtube.com/watch?v=g4FW-d5Etpk