Camo

I took 233 images of north american forests from bing images which included some forests not from north america due to inaccuracy of the search and first removed all the enhanced images, which looked like photoshop or professional work. I only kept the amateur looking photos. I then removed all blue and black color from the sky, which was mostly background daytime or nighttime color.
The remaining images I blended into a single image using unfocus tools, and after hours of rendering and extra blending I achieved a near total mix as you see here.

This image is what came out, it's basically olive drab, but notice how dark it is even after removing all the black from the night sky. Normal olive drab is very light, whereas this is much darker. This is a summer color by the way, no snow. Anyway since there a shitload of varieties of green in nature (every plant has its own) green is really difficult to match so I rejected it to get at the underlying color which is easier and more stable across forests. This is more or less the ultimate uniform background color, BURGANDY. Laughed my ass off.

Anyway post your own camo stories.

Attached: Camo Sans Green.png (477x293 2.35 KB, 5.94K)

All, right now let's take the colors of typical N. American tree bark less foliage and add that so we can make a three tone color using that, the green, and the burgundy.

Like, palms?

It would probably end up being a gray/tan color.

Attached: without foliage.jpeg (852x480, 119.83K)

Na, what pictured.

I had quite a few forests like that in the image… it's a composite.

Remember when "urban" camo was laughed at? Looks like it would fit perfectly there. Gray camo top with brown/desert pants.

Disney uses a color in their parks to hid shit they don't want you to see.
It's called "no-see-um green" or "go-away green" IIRC.
It's a medium grey with a greenish tint to it.
I'd imagine it would make an excellent color for the background of a cammo pattern.

I know. I'm just thinking of putting those colors on their own so a triple color scheme could be used.

Here's how to camo.
Dress up as a big pile of shekels. Make sure you are completely covered. You'll instantly be saved by the US military since Israel could not bear seeing shekels be shot at.

It's dark because the images would have included shadow. A light camo will appear dark due to shadows anyway.

Australian DPCU was made in a similar way. Aerial photographs were merged on a computer providing the colours to be used.

Too late, I know but if you're doing similar again - It's a one line script using ImageMagick user.

Something like:

convert *.{jpg,png,gif} +dither -colors 5 -define histogram:unique-colors=true -format "%c %f" histogram:info: |sort -rnk 1

this gives count of pixels with the colour listed in a text table, with most common near the top. You may wish to resize images to account for any bias due to different image sizes.

*demo output* 904568: ( 8, 10, 6) #080A06 srgb(8,10,6) 576746: ( 15, 19, 12) #0F130C srgb(15,19,12) 571073: ( 15, 19, 12) #0F130C srgb(15,19,12) 333718: ( 34, 41, 26) #22291A srgb(34,41,26) 326309: ( 33, 41, 26) #21291A srgb(33,41,26) 138862: ( 42, 33, 24) #2A2118 srgb(42,33,24) 100960: ( 83, 71, 49) #534731 srgb(83,71,49) 94282: ( 88, 71, 51) #584733 srgb(88,71,51)

convert - use image magick's convert program
*.{jpg,png,gif} - select any images in the current directory
+dither……info: - blend and pick out 5 unique most used colours and output them in text format
|sort -rnk 1 - take the text output from the previous command and reverse sort by the pixel count, so the colour that appeared the most in the images is at the top.

this is one way of doing it.

Not sure I'd remove the sky though as it is a valid colour in it's own right, and for cresting a hill might be more suitable than olive.

Seems pretty fucky, compression would mess with the pixel proportions. Even OPs method probably produces a more accurate result

Wow thats pretty close…

The problem with strong greens and blues is that the human eye can tell them apart pretty well. Thats why some of the best camo in the world literally only uses black, white, and shades of brown.

Attached: club-33-door.jpg (620x933, 192.67K)

My thought would be this "no-see-um" with khaki and medium brown flecks.
Part of the cammo effect is the dullness as it makes it easy for your mind to just ignore it.

Try disguising yourself as a democratic country with large oil reserves to really get a spicy intervention

Just wear dazzle camouflage, have some rigging on you that shines strobes lights and blares out hard techno, then toss flashbangs and fireworks every which way.
It's even more effective if you burst through doors and blast all that inside,

Now I wonder what would happen if you made a red-white-green camo with the two shades in the OP and a greyish white colour.

Attached: magyar nemzeti színek.png (2000x1066, 158.26K)

camo is for rich wanker uni student
just go bare chested, it's cooler, you won't overheat

Also you must take into consideration that shadows act upon you as much as they do on the environment so try to match the actual foliage, not what they look like on pictures.

Attached: three tone.jpg (5184x3403, 768.68K)

Like this?

Attached: camo.png (1757x782, 346.13K)

I imagined it with a little less Leaf fuckery.

Compression isn't required, though if you were treating each image as of equal value you would need to resize them to the same amount of pixels.
kek! It's the exact same process but more 'scientific' i.e. less user bias interpreting each image, since it is a standardized empirical method, and gets more done in a fraction of the time the OP took.

So from the RGB dataset, simply ignore values where (G || B) > R. This would ignore any data from the sky or nature greens.

What is "the best camo in the fucking world" for 500 Alex.

When you resize an image you get an amount of proportion change. It doesn't go, for example, exactly 400 green & 200 brown to 200 green/100 brown if you resize it by half. Add 5% of a color both ways, account for maximum difference, and in the end you get a color that's 5-10% off, which is the difference between olive green and light green on a color theory wheel. OPs method isn't counting pixels, it's merging color to get an average color, he's blurring together images from presumably from their default size.

Even easier using the automated method I proposed. Ignore pixel counts, extract the colour palette, sort by uniques in the palette, and numerically merge components.

In gimp you can use a 300x300 sample area with the eyedropper tool.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (729x425, 250.58K)

What especially interests me is the idea of urban camouflage. There are so many incredibly good patterns, and more and more each day that are exceptional, in the area of forests and deserts and mountains, and other areas, and special ones for rocky snowy places, but there's very little done in the area of urban.

Basically, you have some kind of super dark thing for twilight, and that's the only innovation I've seen in urban.

The two main types of urban are:
1. stuff that looks pretty ordinary, at a glance, like you just might be some guy (literally nobody has gotten past basic solids, in this area) (here, I would like to see something plausibly a hawaiian pattern, but which is actually engineered to be urban camouflage)
2. stuff that makes it obvious you're an operator, but is pretty good at hiding you. There's stuff like this, "urban camo", but it all seems pretty crap, at least for Western urban environments. Just load up a random neighborhood and see what works.

Yeah it's called windows, shadows and hiding near destroyed structures

Attached: Soviet-infantry-in-Stalingrad.jpg (1247x602, 140.54K)

I dunno, they seem to blend in to me.

Attached: GIGN.jpg (266x650 235.4 KB, 37.94K)

lmao at mutts thinking they can into camo
Just lie down and die already lolololololol

After some bombardment cities get this "rubble grey" look from the dust, and the camo seems to be very similar to patterns for winter. So I think switching to the winter side of a winter/summer camo smock should be enough. And if the city wasn't bombed previously, then there is no pattern that will truly help you.

He was using the word "less" to mean "minus."
Pictures of tree bark minus the foliage. Anyway…

Why aren't people using earth-colored "dazzle" camo patterns (pic related) to hide their shape? I would think that even in an environment where the colors weren't matched perfectly well, the pattern would still make them more difficult to identify as human.

Attached: USS_West_Mahomet_(ID-3681)_cropped.jpg (2645x3488, 1.07M)

Because enemy doesnt need to know if something is human or not to open fire

Check out shredded garbage. Something that color.
Background color should be whatever the buildings are made of. In the West it's gray gypsum, in the east it's light brown clay.

This is what the city is going to look like from any distance.

Attached: Shredded-Plastic.jpg (488x346, 94.38K)

It worked on ships because there's nothing ships can camouflage into already and it impaired the ability for the enemy to estimate your heading. You are literally, actually, for real retarded if you didn't know this and if you even would unironically suggest this.

they're literally always surrounded by water

I'm not saying we use big black and white stripes. I'm saying we should try a similar concept: earth colors, natural shapes, but in a complex, layered pattern to give a false sense of distance (somewhat like pic related, but simpler)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 228.45K)

The problem is that no one uses eyeballs to spot ships anymore. If two enemy ships today are within eyeball range, they will with 100% certainty sink each other.

Another man's trash is another man's camouflage.

Attached: DmMcdw-UwAATlXz.png (1127x677, 1.49M)

What's the gun on the pic? Short Sig550 or something?

Looks more like a 552.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (719x286, 127.03K)

Here's what would actually happen:

I'm unironically going to make one.

Made something with the shit I had on hand.

Attached: shittythrowntogethercamo.png (1704x829, 594.84K)

Attached: question snake.jpg (458x750, 92.72K)

That actually looks pretty good.

Forest fires already happen with natural sunlight, if you start focusing it with reflections they're even more likely.
People have started forest fires by throwing away bags of doritos in a forest before.
Also I have pics of that snake getting facefucked.

Attached: 1466163854148-1.jpg (604x400, 78.58K)

Disgusting. Pics or it didn't happen.

👍

Attached: d9294b50ff6287131c02422565d0a3023f694320041669ebc766378e4a4c77fe.png (547x309 153.25 KB, 160.02K)

very nice

what the fuck brazil

Darn that's unhealthy

Absolutely /monster/-tier

Rate my OC pattern.

Attached: pepeflage.png (1280x1024, 1.61M)

Attached: 3fb51cb4175cc4d4e688a6d3ee90cb97af3f1d653060d4d0b03698bd46ba35c5.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

Attached: uncomfortable family guy character.png (576x444, 26.54K)

I like it, I'd probably buy some BDUs with that type of pattern.

Did it earn its constrictor title?

Keked and checked.

But how do you deal with the sharp backwards-pointing teeth?

Attached: fuck a snake.webm (400x266, 1.52M)

ok wtf

Attached: apu a38.jpeg (1024x962, 74.55K)

There's something poetic about a human fucking a literal representation of evil. Have we finally conquered all evil in the world?

Snakes are not evil. But r*ping one is

This is like fudd lore, but for camo and not guns

Attached: 1af.jpg (680x771, 102.7K)

kys t*rk

I would if I was. Also thanks for providing a good example of properly used self-censorship for the sake of public dignity.

Get PREDATOR level camouflage.

I can't tell if the snake is enjoying it or is trying to escape this brave new world.

Attached: 80edcb43966e58c9b0c58a62d4ad629bbbc207e7759d316381b0a373a9073704.png (639x590, 342.02K)

Fyi, that snake died. Source: snakes can't regurgitate without high probability of death.

Attached: DISGUSTING.mp4 (480x360, 100.88K)

hdtghde

Attached: e97238b77e3f17f188bdf522ebe19f8f28cdb90ecfa534056fdf52bfc1b15294.jpeg (844x750, 60.85K)