Bullpup thread

Deleted the previous thread because I had PID visible in picture. Now that you guys know I suck, what do you think of my memegun?

Attached: I suck at life.jpg (4032x3024, 3.12M)

Jonathan, your mother and I are worried that you're spending too much money on this bullpup meme. Why not trade it in for a nice inexpensive Hi-Point carbine instead? I know it's not as glamorous, but you know if you can't make next month's rent you'll have to move back in with us, and Veronica has already turned your old room into her personal studio.

The rifle is great, the accessories need rethought.

Attached: ok.jpg (225x225, 8.63K)

do they make the 7.62 one yet?

the rifle is like 26 inches long, whatever. It's not like I'm trying to stick the thing into a backpack and smuggle it into a shopping mall.
Yes sling. I took it off for storage.
You got me there. I actually feel a little bit gayer now that you made me read that.

Yes, few other calibres too.

I have a general bullpup question. In my free time I have been designing a rifle. I personally don't mind 15 inch length of pull, I'm 6'2" but is that same LOP a tactical issue for shorter users, or just a discomfort for them?

I'm thinking of getting a PS90 in a violin case for my adoptive sister. Go or no go?

you don't see many guys owning and shooting AUG's. Why?

Does your sister have small breasts?

Yeah, they don't feel too big.

Then I don't see why wouldn't it work as long as she likes wearing stockings and skirts. Go for it.

Differences in LoP won't matter too much if it's fairly close to the "average" length, but 15" is pretty long. M16A2 had a 13.5" LoP for reference, which is also about the LoP for an M4 carbine style stock pulled out to the maximum length. So normally it's not too much of an issue, but your rifle is just far enough to one side of the scale that manlets on the other side of it might have some difficulties. If your military doesn't have any manlets it's probably not an issue though.

Neat gimmick, but if you want to encourage her to shoot giving her a gun that eats cheaper food would be better.

She definitely does.

Because the one on the US market are US-made ones which are overpriced and low quality compared to the Austrian ones. It's also an outdated design and the trigger is awful.

I wonder how high the fire rate would have to be to need a muzzle brake on 5.56? 1300? 1500 rpm?

Attached: Music carnikcon bulpups.webm (640x360, 6.38M)

muzzle brakes always reduce recoil, regardless of what you're shooting.
putting it on a 5.56 just makes the gun even easier to shoot than it already is. Nothing wrong with that.
faggots kvetch about brakes because they're meme'ing faggots that need something to meme about.

Stop being a sissy faggot, just get an a2 flash suppressor, reducing your flash and sound signature is more practical in every way compared to increasing them just for a minuscule decrease in recoil. Not to mention the enormous size of the muzzel brake in OP's pic, increasing the weight of the weapon and throwing off the balance (not much, but you seem to think minuscule changes are a good reason to attach shit to your rifle.)

Some experimental Soviet bullpups.

Attached: TKB-0145K.jpg (640x239 36.45 KB, 17.1K)

That's pretty interesting. It's made to avoid disturbing the bullet by having a gas port drilled into the barrel. How effective would that be?
It also was designed to use an experimental 6x49mm boolit, with a velocity of around 3770 fps.

Attached: 6mm boolit in middle.jpg (550x351, 26.29K)

It depends. The early prototypes of the Garand used something superficially similar called a gas trap for the semiauto operation, in which the gas was collected right after leaving the barrel so as not to drill a whole into it. They ended up abandoning it in favor of the piston because pressures were so inconsistent from one shot to the next; as a result they couldn't reliably time the operating system.

I doubt anyone can tell without looking at the actual system, though Korobov's designs really were ahead of their time. The 6mm really had the same problem as 6mm Lee Navy - extremely short barrel life because of huge pressures.

How do you like that optic?

The G41 and the original Garand used it, it was awful.

A bullpup DMR. I can get behind that.

So, I'd like to present this, available-to-purchase 12 gauge. I'm seriously considering buying one for home defense … the moreso if I need to hurry up and buy something before it gets classified as an assault rifle by our stupid illegal ballot measure.

Attached: 8911226_02_pw_arms_bp_12_12ga_bullpup_bra_640.jpg (3935x2029 14.94 KB, 1.26M)

The MemeDR is a potential candidate for that role, now that it's finally out.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1326x787, 632.39K)

For 308 id go with the MDR, but due to its weight for 556 is go M17.

Well of course fellow tripsman, any .308 gun with a caliber conversion kit to 5.56 is going to be heavy-for-caliber. M17 is still a little chunky at 7.5 lbs though, is there any bullpup option that's lighter other than the Jewvor?

I wonder if the extreme operating pressures of 6x49 mitigated that.

I think the kel tec rdb is lighter but I wouldn't use it in any serious application unless I've had the rifle for an extensive amount of time.

Are there any Croat user's here who've used this? I've always hoped that someone would pick up the design and make a US version.

Attached: VHS-2.jpg (2000x1414, 508.31K)

Betamax was superior.

Do we have any info on this besides the fact that they told the engineers to make it look edgy?

From a swiss friend that actually shot one (of the earlier ones) it's basically a G-36 bullpup.

Good G36 or faggy G36 after green party made HK use low quality plastic?

HK hit de facto bankruptcy in 1992 and has been living in making shit products sold high on it's cold war reputation.
We're talking a company that sold the UK MoD "improved" magazines that rust and are twice as heavy as the originals…
G-36 melts because G-36 are plastic AR-18 made at the lowest standard possible.
And when people realized they switched to make… AR-15 style AR-18 and sell it as a great "new innovative design" (even though it's an old as fuck design and it's actually heavier than a vintage M-16!
There are no good G-36 but if anything modification of the original design fixed the overheating issue a bit (notably by having scopes keeping zero).
Nobody is mean to HK, HK should have died long ago due to it's terrible management and EU governments keep bailing it out.

Do they have their fingers in the auto industry too? I remember trying to remove an oil filter off a newer model benz when I accidentally grazed my knuckle against somekind of thin plastic(? Probably hardened rubber) coolant line that just had to be designed so it's jutting high up in the engine bay and not low while keeping close to the rest of the engine. The line snapped and sprayed hot coolant all over my arm causing me to use my other hand to push off an engine cover. My offhand broke through the cover allowing me to fist a hot engine block. Still an easier oil change than most lifted ford pick ups

any word about the kel tec rdb?

heard good things but kel tec has the manufacturing output of a couple of tired but hardworking asian grandmothers aka nada.

Attached: Kel-Tec-RDB-Profiles.jpg (958x639, 194.63K)

I fired a friend's RDB once. The experience confirmed the meme that leltec has interesting ideas but trash quality control. The mag catch was so loose that the force of recoil partially unseated the magazine, and I had to tap it back in after every shot. Nice shooting gun besides that rather glaring flaw, though.

Attached: CNCDDiHUwAAjIbl.jpg (600x444, 43.3K)

interesting. a friend of mine has a keltec RFB and said something similar. Basically it's a cool gun, but the QC and finishing leaves something to be desired, and getting replacement parts was hard due low output from the manufactory

pic unrelated

Attached: 1540321221538.jpg (3500x2800, 672.63K)

I wish any competent company would rescue some of their creative designs.
They could fix them with proper materials and technique.