Larping and fantasy weapons

We all know they're dumb, they don't work in any realistic way but that's what makes it fun to figure out how you could make them work.

It can be a fantasy world, a sci fi world or a modernish post apocalypse world. Make up a scenario and an use for your favourite fictional weapons. The more bullshit the more entertaining it is. The only rule is it must work under real world physics so you can't swing a sword 10 times your size or shoot fireballs out your asshole. If your weapon is a fire staff it can shoot fireballs but you have to deal with all the problems of a wooden staff that's shooting flame out of it (and maybe make up a bullshit excuse using real flame thrower tech).

Attached: gunblade.png (250x285, 29.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_shaped_charge
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: the magician.jpg (752x1090, 263.12K)

I bet dicks could work.

Attached: OP the warrior.png (457x598, 386.09K)

Why does he have condoms?

I wouldn't play a shitty game like SAO to begin with.
Give me VR Stalker or VR Kancolle so I can headpat the little destroyers.

The issue with fantasy weapons is:

1. Always way bigger and heavier then was used historically
2. Built by people that don't use or sport with swords so they have spikes and weird angles that would be pure torture.

I'd melt down my fantasy weapon and build a longsword. Or, tbh I really like George Silver right now, so maybe a basket hilted, short bladed sword and a big fucking main gauche.

Most of it would come down to armor though. Thats the real killer. Most armor inf antasy simply would not work in the real world. Plates would lock together, you can't bend over, can't raise your arms over your head…. its a real mess.

Attached: longswordu.jpg (800x533, 27.66K)

It's the Belkan war but this time you're playing as one of the good guys, eventually obtaining pic related to battle against your former best friend who turns out to be behind the whole death game scheme and thus serves as the final boss.
The plane would have a ridicoulus T/W ratio+speed due to its fuckhueg engines, mediocre to shit low speed turn rates with a very high g tolerance to make up for it and a high roll rate.
TLS would function as a great standoff weapon at medium-long ranges but turn out to be utter shit at shorter ranges due to its massive heat signature, nonexistent articulation on top of being a drag-heavy tumor on the back of the airframe that can't be used in certain climates and drains fuel/electricity from other systems such as Radar, avionics etc. like mad when used liberally.

Attached: here comes the snow.png (1280x720 405.39 KB, 341.85K)

Funny thing is pretty "fantasy" looking swords actually existed.

Attached: 4567356.jpg (369x255 47.83 KB, 18.37K)

>the thrill of raiding freedom bases

I need it

Attached: 8905ea91a8062b857a07a9866111a12fc812754803d444e1fbd6b6d521fc8774.png (476x346, 163.39K)

Why would I even play this shit to start with?

Stalker VR already exists..ish.

Must have made a shit or good game tbh, depending on your view.
On one side, it's terrible game design since you literally only have 1 chance to 1cc this gane. On the other side, this whole 'you die irl' shebang can open up plenty of interesting social experiments. For example, you can pretend to be an FBI loli and lure in pedos before killing them on the spot with your FBI buddies. Just think about the myriad of ways that you can get rid of undesireables by mere suggestions alone?
Or hell! Since this 'MMO' is pretty much a Deep Web 2.0 but for larping, just think about the amount of freedom you could attain inside the virtual landscape?

Attached: DmIuTt6XsAENCV4.png (543x591, 406.53K)

0/10 op is always a humungous faggot

Attached: image0-5.jpg (683x676, 23.56K)

As for my fantasy weapon, really quite simple.

And that's the story of how I landed multiple life sentences after we escaped the game.

Attached: bulldozer-isis.jpg (623x374, 49.64K)

I just lost the game.

Good thinking.

Holy shit, this would unironically work. Excellent for taunting your enemies. UN can suck my dick.

Three words.
Nuclear Shaped Charges.

Shameful.

Attached: 7899.jpg (1065x725, 371.56K)

why don't you just cut the bow into 4 pieces and have 4 shittier but more realistically sized bows

I don't need such excuses.

Attached: 100_swords__81___100_by_lucienvox-d4uy06k.jpg (1024x1325 249.11 KB, 151.36K)

Attached: anima Spears_02_by_Wen_M.jpg (1280x960 131.22 KB, 403.86K)

Attached: my eyes.jpg (616x525, 98.78K)

T-they're beautiful… I've never seen a visual shitpost this potent before. God bless you, Japan.

Attached: [GJM] Space Patrol Luluco - 07 (BD 1080p) [B1510BDD].mkv_snapshot_05.31_[2018.11.02_01.24.24].jpg (1920x1080, 348.72K)

Attached: Anima__new_swords_set_1_by_Wen_M.jpg (980x576 79.74 KB, 63.21K)

>Anyone still alive gets mercy stabbed or raped first if they look nice.
Man, are evil campaigns fun.

There's nothing stopping you from doing this right now you know?

Real men have no need for such children's toys in a fantasy scenario.

Attached: superior_nipponese_painted_wood.webm (853x480, 11.81M)

Holy fucking shit what is this? That was amazing.

Oh, you better believe that's a slayin'.

Attached: goblins.jpg (1700x1400, 3.84M)

Go and watch the first season and the film, then start the second season. Also, this is a Taiwanese-Japanese coproduction, but the Taiwanese company that does the puppetry (Pili) have been in this business since the 80s. There are decades of Taiwanese puppetry ready to be explored. But there are no subs, and you have to listen to Chinese, so good luck.

Italians were pretty great for that

Attached: 089.JPG (3264x2448 1.78 MB, 1.7M)

Is that even theoretically possible? And no the Russian half kilometer deep anti-alien concrete tube does not count as one.

well ackshully the gunblade didnt actually shoot anything

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_shaped_charge
Theory without practice isn't very useful though.