Pope: The Most Powerful Man in History by CNN

Anyone watching this? I couldn't resist, from the first part of the show (in the first ad break right now) it appears that it actually is… decent? They didn't pull an Prot BS, and just straight up told about St. Peter and how he became the first Pope and all.

Attached: popecnn.jpg (1100x619, 99.29K)

Attached: It sort of happens but hard to say because of _be08cb2951334a7886a2dde913890eec.jpg (960x540, 51.71K)

mindblow.jpg

Please excuse my skepticism.

Attached: 3130245f98d816497b1b3864ffab1f0fc5ad8d0b54633e9c49ca83afa9705f5b.jpg (597x509, 25.02K)

It was legitimate, I think it's a first show of the series. They went over how St. Peter was the Pope (from the ads saying "evolved" I thought it would be different), then about the schism, a bit about Charlemagne, the crusades, and how Pope JP2 apologized for them, and what Francis does, then finally how the Pope is a great moral guide with integrity.

I am in shock. If it is a series I hope it doesn't devolve, it was genuinely alright.

Sorry Inhad to tell you this user, but Peter wasn't a pope or catholic

Also Peter was married and popes aren't allowed to be

Attached: FA68B35F-6FD5-46FA-8A3B-EEEB82509C87.jpeg (420x614, 99.76K)

CNN presenting fake news, shocker.

(You)

So it's a fictional program?

Like some bishops back in the day, like saint Augustin.
We discovered the Vatican Church is built on Saint Peter's tomb.

When CNN is trumpeting your religion, you can be sure it's false.

Pope Francis? A great moral guide? The same man who hates proselytism, loves Islam, and loves adulterers? Are you really so blind you are surprised they're supporting this guy?

Why don't they anymore? The Bible commands them to.
blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

Titus 1:6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.

Attached: Scaredx2combobob.jpg (847x487, 66.28K)

√metoo

Francis is against dividing families because DACA so you can be sure that's a motive

So send them all back. Problem solved.

wat lol

I'm not Catholic but he was married before he became an apostle iirc. It's more similar to the Orthodox stance, which don't allow marriage after but only before you become a priest, also iirc.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the Bible unambiguously requires you to be married in order to be a bishop.

These

Attached: 4f56ce13703fcdc22390b1019fecd4813c2f741d995bb6df750b539a37c391b4.png (640x500, 452.8K)

I just tried watching it. First twenty minutes were tolerable, but by the end I was sick with how propaganda it was. Terrible show. Dropped.

The celibate isn't a doctrine or an obligatory law (which is why several Catholic priests even today are married, and many popes after Peter were), it's just a (relatively late) human rule for governing a society that can be removed at any time - a huge society like the Catholic Church can't be an anarchy, it needs, just like any other society (e.g. a country), to have a human law to be governed with.

disciplinary rule. Also it was always said the virgin and celibate path is the best for a clergy man.
And for example the oriental catholics can be married and become priest.

Many of the Apostles were married men. Paul references this in his Epistles.

The idea that Priests should be unmarried is heretical.

The requirement for modern Bishops in both the Roman and the Eastern Churches is not founded in any ancient revelation but it a tradition of men.

We might say that there are good reasons for Bishops, who will tend to be older, will not have access to individual parishioners on a regular basis, and who have far more logistical and travel responsibilities, to be a position mostly filled by widowers or those who have put their wives away to nunneries or to have been celibate, makes some sense, but to make it a requirement IMO is problematic for the same reason that unmarried priests are.

There are on the other hand very good reasons for stating that unmarried priests from the times of Christendom up until recently should STAY celibate they'd be poaching their own flock, but in modern times with the internet etc. not so much.

The various Ottoman Emperors held much more power. But CNN wouldn't get any brownie virtue signalling cuck points by doing a documentary on them.

what is this vitamin k meme about?